Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 04-27-2008, 01:05 PM    (permalink
mikedoobie
Pro Bowler

mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.

well for one he hasnt played a down in the NFL yet so i wouldnt judge it too quick. Ozzie did some great monouvering to get the guy we clearly wanted and there is really not much to dislike on him, reminds me alot of Big Ben and Cam Cameron will be able to develop him nicely.

Also anyone else think Cam Cameron had alot of involvement on the type of players we drafted for the offense..Ray Rice is eerily similar to Turner when he was in SD and same with Marcus Smith and his physical talents to that of Vincent Jackson..just a thought

Doobie- Baltimore Ravens Loyalist
mikedoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

isnt Jackson 6'4? Smith is 6'1.
Old 04-27-2008, 01:50 PM    (permalink
mikedoobie
Pro Bowler

mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.

other then the '3 there are very similar players..both have amazing body control and can go up for the balls..big guys that can be physical and can just snatch balls out of the air..they are very similar players, atleast imo

Doobie- Baltimore Ravens Loyalist
mikedoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

thats good because we need a player like that.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:07 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, if doobie is right about how Cameron is having a big say in who we draft, i think the ravens are finally committed to improving our offense. As for the Flacco pick, I won't say I hate it because i don't, I do h/o think trading back up to get him was questionable but maybe we heard that Tampa was going to take him. Anyways the trade is done and the pick is official, hes our future so lets stop whining about it and move on. I think if Cameron does a good job with him and he stays out of playing for atleast 1 year I think he'll be just fine and we will finally have that Franchise Quarterback this team has never had. Hes just the kind of QB I like too, Big, Tall, Strong Arm, can make all the throws. But his size should hurt him a big because our WR's are pretty small (Clayton, Mason). And he might do what Jason Campbell does alot, and that is overthrow the WR's. If he can fix that and some other negatives about him then he will be a great QB for us. im truly excited to see what he will do in the future.
Old 04-27-2008, 08:20 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Flacco show's that he has the arm and poise to play the position, its a matter of how well he can comprehend the full playbook. Cam needs to get that in his hands yesterday and start living with this guy to get him up to speed so we can really see what he can do in Camp against Kyle and Troy. That has always been our realy problem we have never left a QB in the system long enough for the Coaching staff to unleash anything other than simple plays !? With Cam here its going to be fresh and exciting to watch... maybe we can actually have one game where its a shoot out instead of a slug fest !

Its going to be another exciting year in Baltimore I am sure !!

LONG LIVE FLACCO !!!!!
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I read in the paper that they gave all the top QB the playbook, and Flacco understood it the best, and if he made a mistake he immediately understood and fixed it.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yeah, I heard that from ESPN when we first we drafted him. They said the coaches ave all the QB's they were interested in their playbook. Joe learned and understood it the quickest.

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I have heard Boller is gone on monday, he is a waste of cap space, and he will be knew to the playbook like everyone else, so yo cant say that he knows the playbook more then anyone else.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:23 PM    (permalink
lordquas
Veteran

lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas

well im glad we didnt get Matt Ryan. Flaccos not that bad though..
Hes got a rocket arm and skyhigh potential he just needs time.
We start Troy Smith and if things dont go his way then its time for Flacco.

Go Celtics
Go Irish
Go Ravens
lordquas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Troj2man
Rookie

Troj2man hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I have heard Boller is gone on monday, he is a waste of cap space, and he will be knew to the playbook like everyone else, so yo cant say that he knows the playbook more then anyone else.
I actually heard the same thing yesterday before we even selected Flacco. I think Cam Cameron and Harbaugh are looking for a veteran to come in and hold things down until Flacco is ready. That's not a ringing endorsement for Troy Smith.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:13 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

Last edited by dcarey20 : 04-27-2008 at 10:18 PM.
dcarey20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 10:18 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

I'm definitely on board the Flacco bandwagon...we've all said how we feel but the fact is we picked him, he's here, he's our guy, and I'm going to live or die by him.

Go Ravens and Go Flacco!
Old 04-27-2008, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Wait, so we're really finally going to get rid of Kyle?

Old 04-27-2008, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

rumor has it he is gone tommorow. I think he could have been good, Jake Plummer like but he was ruined by being the starting QB as a rookie of a team that was a average offense away from being a dynasty.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

So, what veteran do we bring in?

Old 04-27-2008, 10:50 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow we are really trying to repeat the same mistake twice. We draft a young QB while having no veteran QB presence, no #1 WR, and an OL that can't pass protect to save it's life. Flacco is being set up to fail in the same way Kyle was. I feel bad for Flacco he'll be the most hated Raven by this time 2 years from now.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 11:05 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thats an interesting rumor you're spreading, considering everything Ive read is how awesome Kyle has been and how Cameron loves how fast Kyle has picked up the playbook. To me releasing Kyle would be the dumbest move we've made in a very long time, there is no veteran QB to bring in an tutor Flacco so you better keep someone who can keep Flacco off the field in the beginning.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 04-27-2008, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

quick question ERU, wtf is SSAEL. And I agree I hope Flacco doesnt see the field this season at all. And we get a true #1 next year in the draft.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
Thats an interesting rumor you're spreading, considering everything Ive read is how awesome Kyle has been and how Cameron loves how fast Kyle has picked up the playbook. To me releasing Kyle would be the dumbest move we've made in a very long time, there is no veteran QB to bring in an tutor Flacco so you better keep someone who can keep Flacco off the field in the beginning.

LOL get Boller to tutor someone, Cam Cameron developed Brees and Rivers good, heck I wouldnt mind us getting Cleo Lemon were ever he is, he has been w/ Cameron for a while and he knows his system, he would be a better help then Boller.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:22 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

Quote:
LOL get Boller to tutor someone, Cam Cameron developed Brees and Rivers good, heck I wouldnt mind us getting Cleo Lemon were ever he is, he has been w/ Cameron for a while and he knows his system, he would be a better help then Boller.
I didn't know I said for Kyle to tutor someone, I said keep Kyle because he's better than Flacco right now and will keep us from making a terrible mistake that we're gonna make by starting Flacco right away.

SSAEL is an alternate ebergy company from India.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 04-28-2008, 12:18 AM    (permalink
SKim172
Rookie

SKim172 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SKim172 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SKim172 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SKim172 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SKim172 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SKim172 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SKim172 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SKim172 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SKim172 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SKim172 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SKim172 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I'd say keep Boller, too. Flacco is not ready to come in and start right away. He's not quite a project player, but he could use some time on the bench. Historically, the most successful QBs are the ones who get time on the sidelines for 1 or 2 seasons. And Troy Smith is little more than a rookie at this point - new coaches, new playbook, very little experience, he's had some time to get used to the role, that's all.

Is Boller that much better? Well no - I think Boller's proven a bust and yes, he's just as new to the coaches and playbook as anyone else. But he does have experience with the game and with the first team. There are times when he is not abysmally bad.

At the moment, he's all we got.

If a veteran does come in, then Boller might indeed be released. But for now, he's it. For better or worse.

Goddamn, I wish we picked up Brian Brohm. There was a thinking among a large number of NFL scouts and pundits that Brohm was the most pro-ready of this year's QBs, that he could step in and lead an offense most effectively fresh out of this draft. He was the most consistent of the QBs in college and quickly absorbed two different offensive schemes in college. The disagreement was on how far he could go beyond that, whether he could be more than just a game manager.

But for a franchise like Baltimore, a great initial fit as the guy to hold down the fort, and personally, I think Brohm has great potential.

Not as much as Flacco, of course. But there's been lots of QBs with rocket arms and tremendous upside that never made it in this league.

Cross your fingers, pinch your nose, look out water, 'cuz here we go.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:09 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKim172 View Post
I'd say keep Boller, too. Flacco is not ready to come in and start right away. He's not quite a project player, but he could use some time on the bench. Historically, the most successful QBs are the ones who get time on the sidelines for 1 or 2 seasons. And Troy Smith is little more than a rookie at this point - new coaches, new playbook, very little experience, he's had some time to get used to the role, that's all.

Is Boller that much better? Well no - I think Boller's proven a bust and yes, he's just as new to the coaches and playbook as anyone else. But he does have experience with the game and with the first team. There are times when he is not abysmally bad.

At the moment, he's all we got.

If a veteran does come in, then Boller might indeed be released. But for now, he's it. For better or worse.

Goddamn, I wish we picked up Brian Brohm. There was a thinking among a large number of NFL scouts and pundits that Brohm was the most pro-ready of this year's QBs, that he could step in and lead an offense most effectively fresh out of this draft. He was the most consistent of the QBs in college and quickly absorbed two different offensive schemes in college. The disagreement was on how far he could go beyond that, whether he could be more than just a game manager.

But for a franchise like Baltimore, a great initial fit as the guy to hold down the fort, and personally, I think Brohm has great potential.

Not as much as Flacco, of course. But there's been lots of QBs with rocket arms and tremendous upside that never made it in this league.

Cross your fingers, pinch your nose, look out water, 'cuz here we go.
i would have preffered brohm as well...im not on the flacco bandwagon just yet, i think he needs to prove something to me before i being to believe in him, i jsut cannot condone that pick at all...

and cutting boller would be the dumbest thing we could do. He's poised for a Derek Anderson type year (ie. we draft a young QB to replace him, but hes gunna blow it up)

and ERU, flacco is alreayd my most hated raven
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 09:55 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After it became known that Atlanta was gonna grab Matt Ryan I kinda figured right away that Baltimore was gonna trade up into round 1 to get Flacco - didn't think that they'd trade down from 8th overall to get him though. I think they should've taken either McKelvin at 8 or Jenkins later and then moved up from round 2 to get Flacco. Looks like he might be an instant starter too or pretty close to it and will have to work behind that very questionable line. But I like the Ray Rice pick so they can run the ball at least 40% of the time now to take pressure off. You guys need a left tackle next year in round one.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Gaither is a beast, he can be our LT of the future, I think we need to go WR round 1 next year.