Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-28-2008, 09:52 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobindallas View Post
It is scary seeing Bill Parcells draft. Every single decision makes sense and it 100% consistent with what he wants both in terms of personnel strategy, fit to schemes and player character.

Parcells is Amadeus Mozart and Jones is that Italian moron.
Dolphins still need fans, don't let us keep you here...You sound unhappy all the time, whats the point of being a fan of a team that your unhappy with every move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 09:56 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gosselin: B-

The Cowboys were cruising along with a great draft until reaching for LB Walden in the sixth. RB Choice in the fourth and CB Scandrick in the fifth were superb second-day selections. RB Jones will be a boon to the special teams.

Kiper: B+

Dallas Cowboys: Felix Jones will join Marion Barber in the Cowboys’ backfield and will also return kicks. Cornerback Mike Jenkins has really good ball skills and should be a major contributor this season in the secondary. Tight end Martellus Bennett has talent and should be able to help out in the passing game. Running back Tashard Choice had a knee injury in 2007; otherwise he would have gone a little higher in the draft. He can run between tackles, but isn’t going to run away from anyone in space. I projected Boise State cornerback Orlando Scandrick to go late in the second round, and I was surprised to see him last until the fifth round. However, the Cowboys didn’t draft a wide receiver, which I thought was one of their top three need areas.

Weisman (USA Today): B-

Dallas Cowboys: Excellent job in filling needs but bypassing Rashard Mendenhall? Had to get RB and did, in explosive Felix Jones. He’ll dovetail nicely with Marion Barber III. Then moved up three spots in deal with Seattle and grabbed CB Mike Jenkins, which gives them some insurance regarding Pacman Jones and his uncertain status (currently suspended). TE Martellus Bennett steps in for traded Anthony Fasano.

Brown (Sporting News): B+

Cowboys. What they got was better than trading for Darren McFadden. Felix Jones may be just as good a running back. Taking Mike Jenkins makes them less dependent on Pacman Jones.

Brisco: A

Best pick: I’m a big fan of Arkansas running back Felix Jones, who went 22nd in the first round. He is a home-run threat every time he touches it.

Questionable move: Hard to find one. They had a good two days, but taking tight end Martellus Bennett in the second round might be it. With Jason Witten on the roster, that was a luxury pick.

Second-day gem: Corner Orlando Scandrick has nice cover skills. Were it not for some attitude questions, he might have been taken higher than the fifth round.

Overall grade: A. With two first-round picks, it was hard to mess things up. Getting corner Mike Jenkins after Jones fills a need.

Czarnecki: A-

The Cowboys didn’t land Darren McFadden, but still had a quality draft. Some may argue that Arkansas running back Felix Jones wasn’t the best one available, but he did score 20 touchdowns in college and has breakaway speed. Georgia Tech RB Tashard Choice is a bruiser much like Marion Barber and adds to the depth at that position. At worse, he’s a special teams player. South Florida CB Mike Jenkins has super coverage skills and Jerry Jones was wise to trade up to get him. Texas A&M tight end Martellus Bennett has the size to be a great blocker and with Jason Witten around, there’s no reason he has to catch the ball.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 10:19 PM    (permalink
dc4life
Rookie

dc4life needs more cowbell.

I love the Mike Jenkins pick, but overall I'm not too happy with the draft. First of all we drafted Felix Jones and second, we didn't even draft a WR. I think the experts were very generous in grading our draft this year.
dc4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 10:25 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty universal that we had a good to very good draft except for a few short sighted "fans". These same "fans" were saying the same thing about the Eagles and how great their front office was/is as they are this year about the Dolphins. Seems theres alot of great GM's/ front office people in the league not named Jerrah but have yet to win the titles he has, not to mention we went 13-3 last year with inferior talent and little hope for the future. :roll: :roll:

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 10:27 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc4life View Post
I love the Mike Jenkins pick, but overall I'm not too happy with the draft. First of all we drafted Felix Jones and second, we didn't even draft a WR. I think the experts were very generous in grading our draft this year.

Yeah those first round WR's that we missed out on...oh wait there wasnt a WR drafted in the first round? WOW we missed out on some big time talent didnt we?

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 10:32 PM    (permalink
dc4life
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Yeah those first round WR's that we missed out on...oh wait there wasnt a WR drafted in the first round? WOW we missed out on some big time talent didnt we?
Didn't say we had to draft a WR in the first round. I did however imply filling a position we need. Picking up Choice in the 4th round was also great... when we still have needs.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:41 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont get the hate w/ the Choice selection...honestly, it's a 4th round draft pick. That pick isnt going to make or break your franchise and Choice fell to the pick...so, it was good value. People are acting as though, you're drafting a starter at that pick. Teams select third stringers in the 4th round on, every single year...it's called depth and it was a great value pick. Another thing that kind of urked me was, the whining about receiver as late as the 5th round. What's the point, when it's that late? We have plenty of potential at the position as it is. That player doesnt even have a decent shot at making the team, when you already have three talented young guys already being developed.

After the 2nd round, I think it became evident that we werent going to go WR. Stanback and Hurd were better than any receiver that was left on the board....and the funny thing is, a guy that has drawn a Hurd comparison or two, Jerome Simpson, went in the early 2nd round. We have some nice young talent at receiver.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 04-28-2008 at 10:47 PM.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:50 PM    (permalink
dc4life
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I dont get the hate w/ the Choice selection...honestly, it's a 4th round draft pick. That pick isnt going to make or break your franchise and Choice fell to the pick...so, it was good value. People are acting as though, you're drafting a starter at that pick. Teams select third stringers in the 4th round on, every single year...it's called depth and it was a great value pick. Another thing that kind of urked me was, the whining about receiver as late as the 5th round. What's the point, when it's that late? We have plenty of potential at the position as it is. That player doesnt even have a good shot at making the team, when you already have three talented young guys already being developed.
I don't "hate the Choice" selection... I actually do hate the Felix Jones pick. Yes, drafting Choice is great value, but it's the combination of drafting 2 RBs when you still have a need. Do we honestly believe Glenn will play the full year? Can anyone honestly say that our draft wouldnt have been better if we had selected Doucet (picked at 81), Harry Douglas (picked at 84), Manningham (picked at 95) or Lavelle Hawkins (picked at 126) ? I'm probably missing many other alternatives. I just feel we could have done better.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:53 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only WR I wouldn't of minded, was Earl Bennett, he could of contributed and been a solid #2 guy for us, but it wasn't a strong draft for WR's, so if we make a move for Crabtree next year it will be worth it.

Although I would of been all for trading up for Hardy early in the 2nd, I think he will be special.

Quote:
Old 04-28-2008, 10:54 PM    (permalink
dc4life
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Only WR I wouldn't of minded, was Earl Bennett, he could of contributed and been a solid #2 guy for us, but it wasn't a strong draft for WR's, so if we make a move for Crabtree next year it will be worth it.

Although I would of been all for trading up for Hardy early in the 2nd, I think he will be special.
Agreed on Crabtree!
Old 04-28-2008, 10:55 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc4life View Post
I don't "hate the Choice" selection... I actually do hate the Felix Jones pick. Yes, drafting Choice is great value, but it's the combination of drafting 2 RBs when you still have a need. Do we honestly believe Glenn will play the full year? Can anyone honestly say that our draft wouldnt have been better if we had selected Doucet (picked at 81), Harry Douglas (picked at 84), Manningham (picked at 95) or Lavelle Hawkins (picked at 126) ? I'm probably missing a many other alternatives.
Manningham is a headache waiting to happen and the rest are all possession/slot types...their ceilings arent any higher than Hurd's or Stanback's, imho...and our receivers have already started developing and have shown nice promise. Jerry only wanted a WR if he could come in and contribute right away and there were not many in this draft that could do that....and as for Terry Glenn, it's looking real good at this point. His knee isnt nearly as bad as this board made it out to be.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-28-2008, 10:56 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:

or Heyward-Bey if we need to go WR.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-28-2008, 11:00 PM    (permalink
dc4life
Rookie

Quote:
Manningham is a headache waiting to happen and the rest are all possession/slot types...their ceilings arent any higher than Hurd's or Stanback's, imho...and our receivers have already started developing and have shown nice promise. Jerry only wanted a WR if he could come in and contribute right away and there were not many in this draft that could do that....and as for Terry Glenn, it's looking real good at this point. His knee isnt nearly as bad as this board made it out to be.
Ugh, I hope so. I heard theres hardly any ligament left and that he suffered from muscle atrophy last year.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:00 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
or Heyward-Bey if we need to go WR.
I like him, he probably will be a tad higher then Crabtree, but Jerry sounds like he wants Crabtree, and you know he will eat up the local kid and make him the new star...And we are going to be pretty far away from a top 10 pick, so we might be trading future picks in that draft.

Quote:
Old 04-28-2008, 11:02 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
I like him, he probably will be a tad higher then Crabtree, but Jerry sounds like he wants Crabtree, and you know he will eat up the local kid and make him the new star...And we are going to be pretty far away from a top 10 pick, so we might be trading future picks in that draft.
You know me, though...I'm hoping we dont even have to go that route. :) There are some amazing SS prospects as well.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-28-2008, 11:03 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
You know me, though...I'm hoping we dont even have to go that route. :) There are some amazing SS prospects as well.
Alot of them, I'm excited about that position, we definately will have a chance to upgrade that position...Safety in general.

Quote:
Old 04-28-2008, 11:19 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who are the stud safeties that are gonna be up for the taking next year?

As far as WR's, i sure wouldn't mind Crabtree. Local kid that can become a monster = Marketing dream.

What about Percy Harvin? What's the consensus on seeing Percy in a Cowboys uniform? Kid's a playmaker, and has shown that he can take some hits, unlike other small WR's.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:32 PM    (permalink
nrcirc
Veteran

nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is a B, even some of the picks I world go other ways. It is funny that for the last two years, we want draft a NT, but nothing happen.

Here what I world rather have:

Rashard Mendenhall (anyway that you look at it, he is better Jones)
Mike Jenkins
Martellus Bennett
Cliff Avril
Justin King
Ahtyba Rubin
nrcirc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 11:50 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Who are the stud safeties that are gonna be up for the taking next year?

As far as WR's, i sure wouldn't mind Crabtree. Local kid that can become a monster = Marketing dream.

What about Percy Harvin? What's the consensus on seeing Percy in a Cowboys uniform? Kid's a playmaker, and has shown that he can take some hits, unlike other small WR's.
Okay...now I can answer this lol. I just got back from getting GTA 4 and now my cpu just restarted like 3 times, WTF?!? lol. Anyway...

As for some of the Safeties...

Taylor Mays
William Moore
Emanuel Cook
Courtney Green
Myron Rolle
Kam Chancellor
Nic Harris
Kevin Ellison
Mike Hamlin

Among others, it's a solid group...one of the draft's strengths, and we may need one next year. Taylor Mays or Emanuel Cook would be a dream selection.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 04-29-2008 at 12:07 AM.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:02 AM    (permalink
NJ_J_Witt_fan

Felix Jones-(B+) I am admittedly not a huge Felix fan. Watching highlight clips I seemed to notice that if a defender gets into his legs at all he usually hits the ground. I also didn't like the fact that just about every play I saw.... he was 5 yards down the field before he was even challeged by a defender. On the positive side... he does have great vision,the finesse to squeeze through tight places and that "second gear" in the open field. He also displays good use of his hands when catching the ball and occasionally will stick someone with a decent stiff arm. I think Garrett will be pretty creative and throw him in the slot...throwing some screens or some reverses and whatnot. In a traditional running package he will probably be involved in alot of counters and draws to maximize his talents findind the crease.

Mike Jenkins(A+) I had Jenkins as my second rated corner after DRC.. From a value standpoint I thought he wasn't going to make it past 18 and we would have to settle for Talib...Flowers...or Cason. He has the Potential to be a All-Pro... considering the combination of excellent man coverage and good ball skills. He will fade some times and get lazy with his technique, but when he is challenged...he responds. Jenkins is already friends with current Cowboys and former Bull Anthony Henry who will be a great mentor. The best part is with the combination of Newman, Henry, and Pacman.... Jenkins has three different styles CB to learn from if he applies himself.

Martellus Bennett(B) I constantly fight with myself over this pick.... Its a Love-hate relationship. I understand that the idea of the pick is to create matchup problems.. and he Potentially will be able to do that. He is a great redzone target and a decent blocker for his size. He has the ability to split out wide or slid into the H-back role. The problem I have is that he is a bit of a developmental experiment. He has the pieces but he is still raw. IMHO Brad Cottam would offer a very similar package but would be a round cheaper.

Third Round ShuffleN/A- basically Jerry added a little more fire power to move around in the '09 draft. This gives Hurd, Austin, and Stanback their last chance to devlop before Jerry targets the impact WR he desires.

Tashard Choice(B)- If you listen closely enough Jerry believes that Barber goes down, that Felix Jones won't be able to carry the load himself. In the post draft press conference he raves about Choice's ability to toat the rock. This is essentially Marion's insurance policy in case of injury. He is a tough runner... he has decent hands... and blocks very well. I wouldn't be surprised if Garrett found a way to get the rock in his hand about 5-10 times a game, along with special teams play. On the other hand the was great value at NT and S in the same area, but neither we addressed.

Orlando Scandrick(B)- Great Value and once again added flexability. Scandrick was projected to be a late 2nd/3rd round talent and to get him in the 5th was amazing. I think Wade really learned his lesson about how running thin on corners effects the entire defense. I expect him to contribute immediately as a gunner on special teams and could have even more of an impact if Pacman goes off of the deep end.

Eric Walden(F)- I don't like the pick at all considering the was still value at NT and Saftey where we sat. Even worse the kid probably could be picked up as a rookie FA.

Overall(B)
Old 04-29-2008, 12:12 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
On Jenkins: Almost committed some physical harm on myself and my TV when we passed on Jenkins at 22. Sat in silence boiling with anger with my eyes closed for what seemed like eternity... in actuality 3 or 4 minutes. Only extreme self control prevented me from punching a hole through the TV and cursing Jerry Jones. After cooling down, I hoped to Dear Jesus that Jenkins would somehow slip to 28. When we moved up for Jenkins at 25, I was happy as ... well, Glen Dorsey said it best ... I was happy as all outside! :)
Sorry but this **** was hilarious lmao...Had me rolling for a good bit, Dorsey and his country self lol.

Quote:
Old 04-29-2008, 12:23 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Okay...now I can answer this lol. I just got back from getting GTA 4 and now my cpu just restarted like 3 times, WTF?!? lol. Anyway...

As for some of the Safeties...

Taylor Mays
William Moore
Emanuel Cook
Courtney Green
Myron Rolle
Kam Chancellor
Nic Harris
Kevin Ellison
Mike Hamlin

Among others, it's a solid group...one of the draft's strengths, and we may need one next year. Taylor Mays or Emanuel Cook would be a dream selection.

Ah, how is GTA? lol. I'm thinking of getting it but i might have a hard time finding it.

Back to the topic at hand, lol, i just hate being good sometimes because of the draft (unless you're the patriots) and it's system. I wanna have top 10 picks too lol. I doubt we get any of those elite guys, but we'll have to do some serious trading up to do so.

But looking at the way some of these teams were trading this year, I honestly feel some of them just completely throw out trade/value charts and just go by feel. I mean really, sometimes it makes sense to play it that way, like in the Saints/Patriots scenario, and sometimes you get the chance to shaft a team like Philly did to Carolina. I mean, how else could anyone explain the Jaguars moving into the top ten with 3rd and 4th rounders? That trade had me saying WTF from the ravens standpoint. But maybe we can find ourselves a deal like this next year to get that elite player to finish the puzzle and keep us good for many years
Old 04-29-2008, 12:30 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I havent actually played it yet...just got the plastic off a second a go. My cpu has been messing up for some reason, so thats been keeping me busy...I'll fire up the 360 soon enough, though. :)

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-29-2008, 01:32 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Robert, I really love your historic comparisons, and I'm serious. "Jerry like the indians who sold manhattan" and "Parcells is Mozart while Jerry is Salieri (I think you were referring to him)" are two gems.
I'd also use Jerry is Hitler (random decisions, selfish personality, wanna have the last word on every decision...) while Parcells is Churchill (understands what is going on, know what it's better even if it doesn't sound that good, conservative)

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 05:40 AM    (permalink
NJ_J_Witt_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Ah, how is GTA? lol. I'm thinking of getting it but i might have a hard time finding it.

Back to the topic at hand, lol, i just hate being good sometimes because of the draft (unless you're the patriots) and it's system. I wanna have top 10 picks too lol. I doubt we get any of those elite guys, but we'll have to do some serious trading up to do so.

But looking at the way some of these teams were trading this year, I honestly feel some of them just completely throw out trade/value charts and just go by feel. I mean really, sometimes it makes sense to play it that way, like in the Saints/Patriots scenario, and sometimes you get the chance to shaft a team like Philly did to Carolina. I mean, how else could anyone explain the Jaguars moving into the top ten with 3rd and 4th rounders? That trade had me saying WTF from the ravens standpoint. But maybe we can find ourselves a deal like this next year to get that elite player to finish the puzzle and keep us good for many years
Ya if Crabtree has another season like last yr and declares its going to be another DMAC situation. Top five talent def isn't easy to go up and get... Especially with only one first rounder. Thats why I had hoped the Jerry would take Jenkins at #22 and try to bank #28 for '09 since there was good RB value in the 2nd rnd, but it didn't happen. Hopefully Harvin, and Heyward-bey light it up so he gets pushed down the board a little. IT would be nice to bring back a hometown game changer.

With the likes of B.J. Raji and Terrance Taylor any chance we may actually have interest in a legit NT prospect??? or is that to much to ask for.