Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-29-2008, 06:56 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still sold that Chad Johnson is a Cowboy by the start of the season. I'm not sure how it's going to work capwise...be curious to hear if he could eat his bonus much like Pacman did to get the move to happen...because that is what it's going to come down two.

The funny thing is...looking ahead to the 2009 draft, depending on comp picks given out...we could have as many as 14 picks...which is plenty of ammo to go after any target we want.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 08:11 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Felix Jones

I like the pick of Jones. I was a member of the ones who thought we shouldn't have passed on Mendenhall but the Cowboys FO has made an intersting point about drafting Felix instead of Mendenhall: Felix is perfect for a RB-by-commitee approach, he's used to play in this role, while Mendenhall could be the type of RB who needs a lot of carries to be effective, like Julius Jones. Since I'm a huge fan of Marion and I fully believe in him I think Felix is the perfect guy to share carries with him.

Mike Jenkins

Clearly the best pick of our draft. Nothing more to say about it, Jenkins is amazing.

Martellus Bennet

Well, not my favorite pick at all. I was in favor of drafting a WR but last year we had the second best offense in the NFL with these guys. It seems that Jerry wanted to trade up to pick Hardy but his scouts told him that the value wasn't there. I think Garrett wanted Bennet and I hope he will be what Fasano was supposed to be.

Tashard Choice

Good pick. Tashard is a great guy with a great attitude and he give us some insurance. I think he can be for us what Adrian Peterson is for the Bears, and I really like our three-headed monster at the RB position.

Orlando Scandrick

Kiper says that he could've been a second round pick. I don't know much about him, but our CB depth is now pretty good and the CB position could become from a weakness to a strenght of this team, just like the OL last year.

Eric Walden

Wade knows how to draft and develope OLB's so maybe Walden can become a good player. Right now I don't know anything about him.

As far as drafting OL prospects in the later rounds, well, we drafted two olinemen last year in Marten and Free so I couldn't really see us targeting another tackle or guard in rounds 4th-7th because we already have two young guys with potential on roster.

Final grade: B+

Our biggest needs were CB and RB and now we have a great depth at both these positions. As LSU said, you can't have a perfect team in the salary cap era, you will always have some needs, just like every team that won the Super Bowl the last couple of years.
I just think that there are some player that you can't replace, if they get injured your season is screwed no matter what. Having depth is always good, but is often not that much helpful. You can replace your starting CB if you have good depth, but you can't replace, for example, your QB (unless he's a game manager and he's not asked to win games but not to lose them). If Manning or Brady go down, Indianapolis and New England don't have a chance to win the Super Bowl, and we can make the same argument for us with Romo.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 09:53 AM    (permalink
bobindallas
Rookie

bobindallas hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Become a dolphins fan then.

Bobby Carpenter, Anthony Fasano, Skyler Green, Montavious Stanley, E.J Whitley, Justin Beriault, Julius Jones, Jacob Rogers, Stephen Peterman, Bruce Thornton, Sean Ryan, Nate Jones, Jacques Reeves, Al Johnson, BJ Tucker, Zuriel Smith.

All guys that were drafted by Parcells in the four drafts he did, that have done absolutely jack squat for the team.

He's not necessarily Mozart once you notice that the only pick remaining on the team from the 04 draft was 6th rounder Patrick Crayton.

I don't know if that makes up for butchering the rest of the draft.

Three in 03, One in 04, five in 05, and four in 06.

We have 13 players left from four drafts. Take that as you wish
How many Pro Bowlers did Parcells "Tyranical, Too Controlling Team" develop????????????????? How many millions did Jone sput out for Parcells projects like Ratliff, Romo, MBIII, etc. Even Reeves and Jones, two seventh rounders, cashed in during FA.

Quite frankly, a thinking man would say you need to weed out failures in a selection process such as these. Not keep them around like Hutch, Henson, get it??????????

How soon we forget how bad Jones is by celebrating his high profile, attention seeking boondoogles. Please, don't even start comparing Jones to Parcells. It really discredits any serious football discussion.

And yes, I am rooting for Miami now. In two years truly running that show, I know where they will be. Not so sure here in Dallas.

FYI, it was KEVIN WILLIAMS over Newman to whoever forgets. Williams is a Pro bowler by the way and younger than TNew..............
bobindallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 09:57 AM    (permalink
bobindallas
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Parcells is Mozart except when it comes to selecting offensive lineman. He can coach them, sure. But I don't buy that he's got the best eye for evaluating OL talent.

Here is the difference between Parcells and Jerry. Parcells will go with his true and tested forumula every single time. He will not stray from it one inch. If the direction goes that way, he doesn't want to be associated with it. ie. TO coming to Dallas. He acts the way old guys typically act. They don't like change. They like knowing how things work and when it's working, they don't want to mess with it. Parcells has a philosophy and he'll always play safe and feel safe by following it.

Jerry is the forever adapting, forever changing risk taker. He'll go for the gusto. If he swings and misses, it doesn't bother him. He wants to hit the home run. Mistakes are an accepted result. He'll try to learn from it and move on. There is no one written formula that works for him. There is no rules which will tell him what to do or how to act. He'll take a little from here, a little from there, see what he likes and puts his own little tweak to it. That way he can call it his in the end. There is no method to follow. He'll fly by the seat of his pants.

Which is the better method? Playing safe doesn't alway equal ultimate success. It will increase your chances of improvement, but will it help you reach the top? It's more a preventative method to ensure you don't hit the low lows. Your chances are just about the same as the risk taker who runs by no rules. The highs and troughs are more extreme with the risk taker, but in the end, if you only have one goal of winning the SB, Jerry's method is probably the better method. If you have a goal of maintaining a string of winning seasons, Parcells method is probably more effective, but there's a reason why he's only won 2 SBs in his entire career while Jerry has won more in much less time, even though Jerry has lost more too.

I don't think it's fair to call Jerry an idiot and praise Bill. It's just two different approaches. Jerry will take you on high highs and low lows. Bill will give you more stability and try to keep you satisfied, but don't hate him if he doesn't take you to the top. That's not what his philosophy is built for.
I still have yet to see Jerry's "High High" D. He is not a good bus driver. He is an entertaining passenger however.

Seriously man, he does not know what he is doing in terms of building a team top-to-bottom that is consisent over timewith schemes and philosaphy.

As crazy as Al Dvis is -- you know exactly what he wants all the time and he just wants coaches to execute the vision.

Jones does not have a vision of what kind of football he wants the team to play so we are forever accumulating talent but none of it fits.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:05 AM    (permalink
bobindallas
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Pretty universal that we had a good to very good draft except for a few short sighted "fans". These same "fans" were saying the same thing about the Eagles and how great their front office was/is as they are this year about the Dolphins. Seems theres alot of great GM's/ front office people in the league not named Jerrah but have yet to win the titles he has, not to mention we went 13-3 last year with inferior talent and little hope for the future. :roll: :roll:
Um, D, here we go again. All I know is I tend to get the last laugh.

How did Tony look last year once the weather got colder and the Defense picked up????? How about that Roy Williams? How about calling out our need to rebuild the DB corps LAST YEAR? Which we just did this offseason. Spears to NT? Henry to FS? Calling last year's draft a waste b/c all we got where back-ups that would not really contribute? See what the G-Men did with Rookies??????????????????

Anyway. You can talk all you want about how wonderful Jerry is as an Owner but you can not point to any meaningful success with him as GM. Reid rebuilt the Eagles. When did Jones ever build anything in football? It was Johnson and Parcells.

So go be Wade Phillips and celebrate 13-3 and playoff losers if you want. I am sure you probably wore your Cowboys Jersey of Roy Williams the Sunday after the Super Bowl. Hey, celebrate Pro Bowls.

Argue with facts all you want because you will continue to have to live with the results on the field. No playoff wins in forever ...........
Old 04-29-2008, 10:13 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why are you a fan of a team whose Owner you hate? Do you realize how stupid that is? Jerry isn't going anywhere, complaining about him is about as dumb as a Steelers fan complaing about the Rooney's.

Just move on to something else other then Jerry's incompetence and Roy Williams, thats all your post are ever about...I realize your a pessimist, and thats what you do is point out the negatives, because with some people they like the negativity more so then anything else, but its OLD, you make post after post saying the same thing...Jerry's not going anywhere, if you want, the Dolphins will accept you as a fan, then you can be happy about every move you make.

Somebody needs to remind me how to use the ignore function again, if your not going to offer anything new to the argument other then the same two arguements its a waste of everyones time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Last edited by LonghornsLegend : 04-29-2008 at 12:37 PM.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 10:27 AM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Why are you a fan of a team whose Owner you hate? Do you realize how stupid that is? Jerry isn't going anywhere, complaining about him is about as dumb as a Steelers fan complaing about the Rooney's.

Just move on to something else other then Jerry's incompetence and Roy Williams, thats all your post are ever about...I realize your a pessimist, and thats what you do is point out the negatives, because with some people they like the negativity more so then anything else, but its OLD, you make post after post saying the same thing...Jerry's not going anywhere, if you want, the Dolphins will accept you as a fan, then you can be happy about every move you make.

Somebody needs to remind me how to use the ignore function again, if your not going to offer anything new to the argument other then the same two arguements its a waste of everyones times.
agreed, gotta take the bad with with the good Bob, Jerry will never change, and is not leaving anytime soon.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:30 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Or Moyal View Post
To me, the Choice pick was a little depressing. I look at that guy’s scouting report and see a poor man’s MB3 (keeping in mind that MB3 was himself perceived to be a poor man’s MB3 as a fourth round draft pick in ‘05) which signals the departure of the Barbarian. The team tried to offer Barber a reasonable contract, and now that he has declined they are preparing for contingency plans. I like Choice the player, but the pick was not necessarily a need at that point unless one subscribes to the theory that MB3 will be wearing a different jersey. B-.
I don't know why im wasting my time on this post, but seriously, Tashard Choice in the 4th round means Barber is gone? If that was the thought process, we would of never took Felix Jones, Choice isn't a guy we plan on running 20+ times a game, if that was the thought process we just take Mendenhall since he can carry the load.

Lets quit all the conspiracy theories, you don't use a mid 4th rd pick to replace a pro bowler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 01:09 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobindallas View Post
Um, D, here we go again. All I know is I tend to get the last laugh.

How did Tony look last year once the weather got colder and the Defense picked up????? How about that Roy Williams? How about calling out our need to rebuild the DB corps LAST YEAR? Which we just did this offseason. Spears to NT? Henry to FS? Calling last year's draft a waste b/c all we got where back-ups that would not really contribute? See what the G-Men did with Rookies??????????????????

Anyway. You can talk all you want about how wonderful Jerry is as an Owner but you can not point to any meaningful success with him as GM. Reid rebuilt the Eagles. When did Jones ever build anything in football? It was Johnson and Parcells.

So go be Wade Phillips and celebrate 13-3 and playoff losers if you want. I am sure you probably wore your Cowboys Jersey of Roy Williams the Sunday after the Super Bowl. Hey, celebrate Pro Bowls.

Argue with facts all you want because you will continue to have to live with the results on the field. No playoff wins in forever ...........
At this point, you're not even a Cowboys fan. You're rooting for them to lose so you can be right. It's sad.

If you get the last laugh, why is Roy still on the team? Why is Spears still at DE? Why is Henry still at CB?

Nobody ever said Roy is good for the team. We simply acknowledge that we MUST live with him. Nobody will trade for him and we can't cut him. The best we can hope for is for him to take a pay cut and try to improve himself. I don't see how you get the last laugh.

Last I checked Spears was our best run stuffing DL. I'd love to at least try him out at NT, but I don't think he has the mentality for it. He's a "me first" guy. He wants his stats. He doesn't want the dirty work of a NT without any glory. That's why he was upset with Parcells' style of Defense... saying it held him back. While he didn't have a bad year under Phillips, he didn't have a breakout year which many were hoping for. But as far as last laughs go, Parcells made a mistake selecting Spears. It's a good thing Jerry convinced him that DWare needed to be taken at 13.

Henry was our Defensive MVP at CB before he got hurt. He can still play the position. The fact that he could potentially play FS is only a plus. It's been an option for several years now. What last laugh do you have? You think you were the first one to come up with that idea? Get over yourself.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's the problem with you, rob. When we do something negative, it's Jerry's fault, when we do something right not. For you Jerry has no merit in our three super bowl wins (all the merit is to attribute to Jimmy Johnson who, btw, was pretty unsuccesfull after he left Dallas) in the 90's, but all the blame for the lack of success in the 00's.

You're acting like Parcells has all the merit for the talented team we have. I think Parcells was very important for us, he helped us A LOT. But at the same time we have to consider the negative aspects too. First of all, our offense would have never been that good with him and if our offense was the second best in the NFL part of the merit goes to TO, who was a Jerry's choice, not Parcells'. Our defense also progressed under Wade's scheme. Yes, a lot of our guys were brought in by Parcells and he deserves a lot of merit for doing that. He brought a lot of talent to this team but we should also consider that he was far from perfect. He was hopeless at drafting offensive linemen (except for Gurode) and I'm sure that he would have not been favor of bringing Bigg Davis (another Jerry's choice) who is, as of now, the second best guard in the NFC. Also, you hate Kosier, and Kosier was a Parcells' choice.
And the list goes on...
So, in conclusion, we all have to be grateful to Parcells because he was able to fill this team with talent and to begin the turn-around, but we also have to consider his mistakes and the fact that the team progressed last year and become a real contender.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 03:22 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So when does Bob's idiotic commentary constitute trolling?

He's walking a fine line if you ask me lol.

Anyway, Parcells does deserve credit for some of the success that we've had and the players that have been brought in, but to look at him like if he's an almighty being who knows everything about football is a tad much. It's very easy to forget all the horrible personnel moves he made when you only look at the successful ones right?

The 04 draft was a complete misery. We traded out to pick up an extra first, which we used for Ware, but we totally ate it with our other pick, so what the hell use was the extra one we brought in?
Old 04-29-2008, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The 04 draft was a complete misery. We traded out to pick up an extra first, which we used for Ware, but we totally ate it with our other pick, so what the hell use was the extra one we brought in?
The picks we got from BUF that year actually turned into Julius Jones and Marcus Spears. Not Ware.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 03:39 PM    (permalink
bobindallas
Rookie

Can we put something to rest here. I will always be a Cowboys fans. I will always root for the team. Not sure why saying the GM is a fool, but the Owner is great, bothers so many. But yeah, I will root for every player with a star on his helmet.

As GM, I don't see anything positive Jones has done. As Owner he brought in Johnson and Parcells. I have followed this team since '75 and before many of you where even an afterthought on this earth.

Notwithstanding, the decisions being made, time-in and time-out, by this GM are horrid. Why in gods green earth most fans always try to find the silver lining to every decision that is made is beyond me and a suspension of analytical reasoning.

So back to mediocrity soon enough but I would be the first to happily eat my pride if we go all the way.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:42 PM    (permalink
bobindallas
Rookie

Quote:
So when does Bob's idiotic commentary constitute trolling?
Have I insulted anyone?

I see no reason why I should be insulted.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:46 PM    (permalink
bobindallas
Rookie

Let me go on board also as saying I was not a fan of Coach Parcells. I don't like his ILB profile in the 3-4. I don't like his passing game or game management. I don't like the 2-Deep Coverage schemes that predominated his mindset.

GM Parcells is amazing though. He might be the best GM I have ever seen. No one so consistently builds teams and talent.

With respect to his OL drafting -- he wiffed in 2004 and it really hurt but do we forget Gurode and our current RT?? Proctor is still here. Spears no but Ratliff, Hatcher, Bowen yes.

You always make mistakes on players but you should never make mistakes on personnel strategy. You have an entire offseason to tweak that. I have never bashed the players he drafts per se. I know these guys are talented.

To me it is like a cook, you never make a mistake on ingredients even if you screw up the dish itself.

Last edited by bobindallas : 04-29-2008 at 03:58 PM.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:48 PM    (permalink
bobindallas
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
The picks we got from BUF that year actually turned into Julius Jones and Marcus Spears. Not Ware.
I believe JP Losman = Julius Jones and Marcus Spears.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:52 PM    (permalink
bobindallas
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Just move on to something else other then Jerry's incompetence and Roy Williams, thats all your post are ever about.............
We had a debate on Stanback just recently.

Would you like to discuss Carpenter or Burnett? How about Pacman? How about Romo's mechanics? TO's getting old? Bradie James being too slow? DWare hand usage on pass rushing situations? Use of safeties in a 3-4 v 4-3?

Please pick a subject and I will but right now Draft is the subject. And Jerrah ran it (to the ground again).

I talk about plenty of Cowboys football that ignores Williams and Jones but in one case (Jones) he is an important subject to discuss and in the other .... well case closed .. he needs to move on.

Wanna talk Longhorns football?
Old 04-29-2008, 04:02 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I know one of them was used for Jones, but i'm pretty sure that the Bills didn't go over .500 to get down in the early 20's with J.P Losman playing quarterback for them.

Double-check it cause i'm pretty sure they gave us the pick we used for Ware.

Edit - Never mind, i looked it up and we did go 6-10 that year. My fault.

So me being wrong only worsens an already horrible draft.
We got pretty much squat out of that draft.

Last edited by MetSox17 : 04-29-2008 at 04:09 PM.
MetSox17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I know one of them was used for Jones, but i'm pretty sure that the Bills didn't go over .500 to get down in the early 20's with J.P Losman playing quarterback for them.

Double-check it cause i'm pretty sure they gave us the pick we used for Ware.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_NFL_Draft (2005 NFL Draft)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_nfl_season (2004-2005 NFL Season)

Bills 9-7 and Cowboys 6-10 (Vinny Testaverde era)

20. Dallas Cowboys(from Buffalo) - Marcus Spears

Booyaka-SHA!
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 04:09 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_NFL_Draft (2005 NFL Draft)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_nfl_season (2004-2005 NFL Season)

Bills 9-7 and Cowboys 6-10 (Vinny Testaverde era)

20. Dallas Cowboys(from Buffalo) - Marcus Spears

Booyaka-SHA!
Already corrected it.

No need to booyakasha anyone.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:15 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I believe JP Losman = Julius Jones and Marcus Spears.
How about Parcells' move to pass on Steven Jackson because of his man crush on Julius Jones?

That draft was just crap. Jacob Rogers, Stephen Peterman, Bruce Thornton, Sean Ryan, Nate Jones, Jacques Reeves... if not for lucking out on Crayton, we'd be talking about the worst draft in history. I remember hating that draft at the time and to this day, the same rings true.

Parcells was with us for 4 years and only 2 of those years actually meant anything.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:26 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
How about Parcells' move to pass on Steven Jackson because of his man crush on Julius Jones?

That draft was just crap. Jacob Rogers, Stephen Peterman, Bruce Thornton, Sean Ryan, Nate Jones, Jacques Reeves... if not for lucking out on Crayton, we'd be talking about the worst draft in history. I remember hating that draft at the time and to this day, the same rings true.

Parcells was with us for 4 years and only 2 of those years actually meant anything.
Yep. That's what i was saying earlier.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:38 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Let me go on board also as saying I was not a fan of Coach Parcells. I don't like his ILB profile in the 3-4. I don't like his passing game or game management. I don't like the 2-Deep Coverage schemes that predominated his mindset.

GM Parcells is amazing though. He might be the best GM I have ever seen. No one so consistently builds teams and talent.

With respect to his OL drafting -- he wiffed in 2004 and it really hurt but do we forget Gurode and our current RT?? Proctor is still here. Spears no but Ratliff, Hatcher, Bowen yes.

You always make mistakes on players but you should never make mistakes on personnel strategy. You have an entire offseason to tweak that. I have never bashed the players he drafts per se. I know these guys are talented.

To me it is like a cook, you never make a mistake on ingredients even if you screw up the dish itself.
Parcells didn't draft Gurode, Columbo or Proctor. Parcells is a great at getting the most out of players, but his drafts are very hit or miss as well.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:21 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

More draft grades from BTB,

Mel Kiper – B+

Pete Prisco – A

Rick Gosselin – B

The Star Ledger – B-

John Czarnecki – A-

Charean Williams - B+

Football’s Future - A

Sporting News - B+

For my own personal grade, I'd give it a B. I like Felix Jones and think he'll add instant speed to the offense and will upgrade our special teams. Mike Jenkins was great value at #25 and is insurance for Pacman and a step towards building a younger secondary for the future. I'm not thrilled with Martellus Bennett in the second round, he's a great athlete but not enough production for me and thought we could fill the spot of a second TE later. Tashard Choice is a solid pick with good value at that spot although I'm not sure Dallas needed to go for a 2nd RB at that spot. Orlando Scandrick adds another piece to an upgraded secondary and flashes excellent speed. Erik Walden felt like a reach in the 6th round and will be a project, maybe not the best use of that pick.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 11:00 PM    (permalink
dc4life
Rookie

dc4life needs more cowbell.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones says that Terry Glenn (knee) has a "50-50" chance to start this year.
Another vote of confidence. Glenn, who turns 34 in July, was limited to one appearance in 2007 due to a knee injury. He'd seem a poor bet to play 14-16 games this year, but Dallas' medical staff knows more than we do. Glenn will compete with Patrick Crayton in camp. Ideally, Crayton would man the slot.

per rotoworld.com
dc4life is offline   Reply With Quote