Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-29-2008, 10:02 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

as an overall draft i think Dallas was a bit shakey, but that didn't matter. You needed to come out of this draft with a RB and a CB.

And you did just that. Mike Jenkins was a steal at 26, excellent choice. I like that Choice kid, he looks pretty damn good. Honestly, I like him more than Felix Jones.

But regardless of which one is better, you know you finally have a RB whether its Jones or Choice that can team up with Barber. So that was great.

Everything else is a little iffy, but hey, all you needed were 2 guys and you got just that. The TE pick was a major head scratcher, that just doesn't make any sense to me at all.

But overall I give it a solid B+, bc i think the whole point of this draft, or FA for that matter was to get this team the necessary pieces it needed to get over the hump. I think that you have that now, with Jenkins, Pacman, the RBs, and being able to resign all the important guys. This team is going to be very good next year, and with depth at CB, the playbook on defense should open up.

Good luck next year guys, may the best team win. Looking forward to our matchups.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:49 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
as an overall draft i think Dallas was a bit shakey, but that didn't matter. You needed to come out of this draft with a RB and a CB.

And you did just that. Mike Jenkins was a steal at 26, excellent choice. I like that Choice kid, he looks pretty damn good. Honestly, I like him more than Felix Jones.

But regardless of which one is better, you know you finally have a RB whether its Jones or Choice that can team up with Barber. So that was great.

Everything else is a little iffy, but hey, all you needed were 2 guys and you got just that. The TE pick was a major head scratcher, that just doesn't make any sense to me at all.

But overall I give it a solid B+, bc i think the whole point of this draft, or FA for that matter was to get this team the necessary pieces it needed to get over the hump. I think that you have that now, with Jenkins, Pacman, the RBs, and being able to resign all the important guys. This team is going to be very good next year, and with depth at CB, the playbook on defense should open up.

Good luck next year guys, may the best team win. Looking forward to our matchups.
I do agree that CB and RB were our biggest needs and I'm happy that we fixed that up. However, we completely ignored our OL and DL and I think that was a mistake.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 07:14 AM    (permalink
nrcirc
Veteran

nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I agree with most of your points, but after the first two picks, we did not address other needs for NT and WR, it seems to me they have no plan just by traded down their picks until no partner to trade with. BTW what happen to Erin Henderson?
nrcirc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 07:27 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Cool

HAHAHAHA. Too Funny. Almost every cowboy fan on this forum is not real happy with the draft (Except the Jenkins pick). But when some doosh from another team (his name was toddmalsomething, page 1) gets on here and graded the boys draft as a c-, everyone jumped on him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats funny stuff....

I am proud of everyone. I wasnt here to defend the draft, but I am glad everyone else did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

Last edited by HEISMANHERSCHEL : 04-30-2008 at 07:31 AM.
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 07:30 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And for the record, I like Felix Jones. I dont care if I am alone in this. Moth is the only other one I have noticed.

I CANT WAIT TO SEE EVERYONE OF YOU SAYING, "I KNEW FELIX WAS GOOD, HE WAS THE HIGHEST RUNNINGBACK ON MY BOARD."

Best vision in the draft, bar none. He is good, man. Really good.

Old 04-30-2008, 08:13 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
HAHAHAHA. Too Funny. Almost every cowboy fan on this forum is not real happy with the draft (Except the Jenkins pick). But when some doosh from another team (his name was toddmalsomething, page 1) gets on here and graded the boys draft as a c-, everyone jumped on him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats funny stuff....

I am proud of everyone. I wasnt here to defend the draft, but I am glad everyone else did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So happy that we could appease you.

Quote:
And for the record, I like Felix Jones. I dont care if I am alone in this. Moth is the only other one I have noticed.

I CANT WAIT TO SEE EVERYONE OF YOU SAYING, "I KNEW FELIX WAS GOOD, HE WAS THE HIGHEST RUNNINGBACK ON MY BOARD."

Best vision in the draft, bar none. He is good, man. Really good.
I'm glad you don't have that "I told you so" attitude in you . Listen I will be the first to say I was wrong if Felix comes in here and becomes everything you Felix supporters have claimed of him. Great returner, great vision, great speed back, big play ability, yaddi yaddi yadda. I'm actually hoping I will have that opportunity to say that I was wrong. But that "I told you so" s*** is annoying, so don't be that guy.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 08:16 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
So happy that we could appease you.

I'm glad you don't have that "I told you so" attitude in you . Listen I will be the first to say I was wrong if Felix comes in here and becomes everything you Felix supporters have claimed of him. Great returner, great vision, great speed back, big play ability, yaddi yaddi yadda. I'm actually hoping I will have that opportunity to say that I was wrong. But that "I told you so" s*** is annoying, so don't be that guy.
Well said Paul.

I'm with you on the fact that eating crow at this point would only be for the best, since Felix Jones is officially a Dallas Cowboy now. But if Johnson or Charles blow up in Tennessee and KC, and Jones is just average, i'll be pretty darn upset.
Old 04-30-2008, 08:35 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

Oh come on Paul and Metsox, I am not a jerk. I have never been a jerk on here to anyone. I am not gonna start now.

I just dont like the guys that say,"So and so sucks." Then two years later when so and so is good, they claim to have been on his bandwagon since the beginning. I was not refering to anyone in particular.

And as far as getting on your bad side for laughing about everyone on the team forum jumping on a troll, I still dont know how that could irritate anyone except the troll...

Old 04-30-2008, 09:59 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm liking these Jenkins and Choice sigs....nice work guys! :)

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 01:48 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh come on Paul and Metsox, I am not a jerk. I have never been a jerk on here to anyone. I am not gonna start now.

I just dont like the guys that say,"So and so sucks." Then two years later when so and so is good, they claim to have been on his bandwagon since the beginning. I was not refering to anyone in particular.

And as far as getting on your bad side for laughing about everyone on the team forum jumping on a troll, I still dont know how that could irritate anyone except the troll...
I know what you mean. But yeah, i've made my opinions pretty well known around here, so i don't think there will be any problem calling me out on something i've said. I'll man up if it's needed.

But i'm letting it be known right now, that the only way i'll eat crow is if Felix Jones is head and shoulders better than Chris Johnson and Jamaal Charles!
Old 04-30-2008, 02:18 PM    (permalink
bobindallas
Rookie

bobindallas hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
How about Parcells' move to pass on Steven Jackson because of his man crush on Julius Jones?

That draft was just crap. Jacob Rogers, Stephen Peterman, Bruce Thornton, Sean Ryan, Nate Jones, Jacques Reeves... if not for lucking out on Crayton, we'd be talking about the worst draft in history. I remember hating that draft at the time and to this day, the same rings true.

Parcells was with us for 4 years and only 2 of those years actually meant anything.

1) I have ALWAYS been of the opinion the first two draft where Jerry's drafts with Jerry's guy -- Lacewell. The last two where Parcells for better or worse.

2) How about Jerry's man-crush on Bledose whilest Mr Parcells pulled the trigger. Think Jerrah had the courage to write-off a BIG NAME to go with a small name?

3) Which begs the quesion, when was the last time Jerry ever wrote off a big name Vet and replaced him with a young guy? Has this ever happened???????????? (**this is the most damning point I could ever make as to his skillz as a GM b/c it goes to what GM's must do with skill to win ****

4) What about 13 Pro-Bowlers of which many are Parcells' trainees? (** we never should have had 13 but nevertheless. if it is good enuff for folks to justify Roy then it is good enuff for me to hypocritcially use now. **)
bobindallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 02:19 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trust me I would be the happiest guy ever if Felix Jones made me eat crow, why would I want him to suck on my team just to make me right? I still stand by my comment that if we were going strictly off of a compliment back, we should of taken Chris Johnson, ESPECIALLY since we completely ignored WR, CJ could of been a better slot then Felix Jones...But i will be a Felix fan if he does what we need, he can do what he has been doing all his career, and if I'm wrong I'll be a happy guy...But i will never act like I liked him all along, it was only a few people who were really high on him and wanted him to begin with, so you guys will get all the props if it ends up like that.

Having Barber was probably going to make whatever backup rb we drafted have a very easy job, we have so many weapons, a big physical back, great situation to step into...If CJ ends up a beast with the Titans I won't be screaming I told you so, but it will make me upset we didn't lean his way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 02:22 PM    (permalink
bobindallas
Rookie

Quote:

We have a damn good and athletic DB Corps if all things shake out as they should. Big Positive from thsi draft and off season.

I don't see Eli having much vs us this year. No more 15 second drives for TDs with dufus running around like a tart on fire.
Old 04-30-2008, 02:32 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobindallas View Post
1) I have ALWAYS been of the opinion the first two draft where Jerry's drafts with Jerry's guy -- Lacewell. The last two where Parcells for better or worse.
2) How about Jerry's man-crush on Bledose whilest Mr Parcells pulled the trigger. Think Jerrah had the courage to write-off a BIG NAME to go with a small name?

3) Which begs the quesion, when was the last time Jerry ever wrote off a big name Vet and replaced him with a young guy? Has this ever happened???????????? (**this is the most damning point I could ever make as to his skillz as a GM b/c it goes to what GM's must do with skill to win ****

4) What about 13 Pro-Bowlers of which many are Parcells' trainees? (** we never should have had 13 but nevertheless. if it is good enuff for folks to justify Roy then it is good enuff for me to hypocritcially use now. **)
And thats just ridiculous.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 03:08 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:

Ken Hamlin, Terence Newman, Roy Williams, Flozell Adams, Leonard Davis, Andre Gurode, Terrell Owens, Nick Folk.

None were "Parcells' trainees".

Jerry Jones' job doesn't consist of him deciding who plays. He decides who's on the roster or not, and the majority of the players that were brought in were because they were coach's choices.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:16 PM    (permalink
bobindallas
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
And thats just ridiculous.
Not really but I realised long ago most would not listen to reason and facts here.

Fact is Jones through Lacewell ran scouting till the 2005 draft when Parcells got him tossed and helped get promoted up two (2) levels Ireland. A guy stuck pretty deep in the scouting organization behind Ciskowski and Lacewell.

So ..... basically it was 2005 when Parcells got MORE say in an area Jones kept him pretty much away from till then. Of course BP had input in 03/04 but he was not allowed to draft he precious 3-4 D guys. That says alot to me.

Let me add MORE does not equal absolute. MORE is bigger than SOME. Parcells had SOME say before 2005 and much MORE afterwards. He got his boys in 2005 ......... he got his power ..... he made sure the coffee was hot and tasty at Valley Ranch.

I can even go pull articles with Jones saying as much -- Parcells was hired to coach, not GM. 2003 went well. 2004 poorly. By 2005 he was playing GM and Coach cuz Jones let him remake the organzation in a Tuna kind a way.

But if I had to speculate on who Parcells wanted from 2003 and 2004 -- the two OL come to mind. The rest I can see Jones type thinking. 2005 and 2006 all BP.

Last edited by bobindallas : 04-30-2008 at 09:28 PM.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:24 PM    (permalink
bobindallas
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Ken Hamlin, Terence Newman, Roy Williams, Flozell Adams, Leonard Davis, Andre Gurode, Terrell Owens, Nick Folk.

None were "Parcells' trainees".

Jerry Jones' job doesn't consist of him deciding who plays. He decides who's on the roster or not, and the majority of the players that were brought in were because they were coach's choices.
And the others??????????

BTW, Gurode was a Parcells guy. Member all the chatter how Torrin Tucker was poison to Gurode and Al Johnson was the starter b/c Gurdoe ahd poor work ethic ... blah ... blah ... well it was Parcells and Staff who fixed that. TNew, only play for BP till last year so .....

Regardless, look at the big contracts to young players and tell me which are not Parcells guys?

Can someone please name me one old Vet that Jones has pushed aside to make the team better? Is there any broken down old fart who best days are gone that Jones does not hang on to too long?
Old 04-30-2008, 11:58 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

Ugh, I hate to jump into someone else's fight, but Akin comes to mind. His days are behind him and he is gone...makin room for Burnette to get more work, in mho.

Old 05-01-2008, 10:45 AM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddmlazarchick View Post
I'd give you guys a C-. Take Mendenhall over Jones and that bumps up to a solid B.

The trade up for Jenkins was a little bit of a reach. There was good value going to be at 28 with him or Cason.

I think the Choice pick was a wasted pick. Barber won't hold out and no one is gonna pay over the top for him either.

A Redskins fan, analyzing a draft class. Thats a good one.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:39 AM    (permalink
bdlyons26
Rookie

bdlyons26 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.bdlyons26 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

B+ as well i think we needed help at WR with at least a 3rd/4th rounder but we are deep at WR and Hurd did impress me in last years preseason..... so unless we make a move before long then im assuming we are gonna try and develop some of these guys and hope TG and TO stay healthy.... if we swap our first 2 picks then we don't lose any picks in the future .... and if Felix would have been taken either one of the other 2 would have been there(Mend. and CJ). I am one of the few that like Felix his top end speed isn't the best hes ran low 4'4s which isn't eye popping but if you put him in the 20 yard dash i think he is probably 2nd or 3rd fastest player in the draft. Hes durable, quick, can be used in many many different positions and has played and preformed against the best..... which Chris Johnson hasn't i say a terrible Tulsa defense hold him to 40 hards 2 years ago... but he may pan out.... No one can complain about Jenkins.... maybe best pickup for a team in the draft..... Choice i liked but not for Dallas at that pick.... Think we should have taken Paul Smith with our last pick..... guess b/c im a Tulsa fan.... and i guess we needed another NT. B+ pretty good draft....
bdlyons26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 09:50 AM    (permalink
bobindallas
Rookie

Quote:
Ugh, I hate to jump into someone else's fight, but Akin comes to mind. His days are behind him and he is gone...makin room for Burnette to get more work, in mho.
I would say otherwise since we signed Thomas.

I don't think Burnett is in any different position this year than last.
Old 05-02-2008, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
I would say otherwise since we signed Thomas.

I don't think Burnett is in any different position this year than last.
He's not going to get the PT I would have liked, unless ZT can't play in this defense or he gets injured, but I still think he will get more time in the base D.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 04:25 PM    (permalink
bobindallas
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
He's not going to get the PT I would have liked, unless ZT can't play in this defense or he gets injured, but I still think he will get more time in the base D.
I hope so Burns. We have a lot of young talent on the bench and it will disappear unless we take some chances.

We will be left with the young super stars with huge contracts and expensive Vets who are no better than the young guys we passed on.

If I am guys like Burnett and Watkins, Hatcher, or Carpenter -- I run, don't walk, when my rookie contract is up to a team that can commit.
Old 05-02-2008, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
I hope so Burns. We have a lot of young talent on the bench and it will disappear unless we take some chances.

We will be left with the young super stars with huge contracts and expensive Vets who are no better than the young guys we passed on.

If I am guys like Burnett and Watkins, Hatcher, or Carpenter -- I run, don't walk, when my rookie contract is up to a team that can commit.

Watkins definitely needs to be worked in immediately. Roy is a loser and should be benched entirely by game 4.

I also believe Hatcher will start from what I've read. Spears is going to be on bench duty.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 06:31 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
Thats how I feel, ZT will not be expected to play the amount of snaps Ayodele did, because of the concussions and age, so I would expect to see Burnett on all passing downs and more base snaps to rest up Taylor...Besides I want him to prove he deserves to be here next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote