Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 04-27-2008, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Matt Ryan

Ok guys we got our face of the franchise. Do you guys think he will start out right away or what? and how will he be in his rookie campain?
He will wear #2 hopefully be #1 (on the depth chart)

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you

Last edited by Bosanac01 : 04-27-2008 at 11:18 PM.
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 11:25 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he's gonna start in week 6 after we go 1-5.
we'll finish the year 11-5. matt ryan is god and so is kroy. yes.. to dimitroff, there are two gods.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 12:33 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate it how he is wearing number 2. Anyone else? Number 2 looks weird on a QB.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 12:35 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
I hate it how he is wearing number 2. Anyone else? Number 2 looks weird on a QB.
i agree, idk y but it seems weird for a QB.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 04-28-2008, 01:35 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why doesn't he just wear 12?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 01:43 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know when your bye week is, but that'd be my guess when Ryan starts. At that point, the hope would be that the OL would be somewhat gelling and that the run game would be solid, giving Ryan some protection.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 01:45 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Will Smith will eat him. That's all.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 05:47 AM    (permalink
oldLibid21
Veteran

oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Why doesn't he just wear 12?
Michael Jenkins owns the #12 jersey on the roster.
oldLibid21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Ryan is the anti-Michael Vick and that is why I think he will be a very good player for the Falcons. He is a high character, high intangibles, pocket passer with in-game poise. Those are things that Michael Vick never had, which is why he chronically underachieved despite his enormous talent.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 11:39 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

well...I must say I'm very against us drafting Ryan when Dorsey was handed to us, but I guess now it's time to start pulling for the kid. My favorite play he made was one he was running out of the pocket, the defender was closing in and destroyed him, he saw it coming got rid of the ball, didn't chuck and duck, kept going and took the hit like a man and never flinched. That's balls right there, I give him mad props for that. But we'll just have to see what happens now. He better be in camp on time.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 11:55 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
well...I must say I'm very against us drafting Ryan when Dorsey was handed to us, but I guess now it's time to start pulling for the kid. My favorite play he made was one he was running out of the pocket, the defender was closing in and destroyed him, he saw it coming got rid of the ball, didn't chuck and duck, kept going and took the hit like a man and never flinched. That's balls right there, I give him mad props for that. But we'll just have to see what happens now. He better be in camp on time.
Good man. I like your ability to get behind the players on our team. Being bitter about things beyond one's control does not tend to lead to contentment.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:12 PM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

By the way, I read a great analysis of Ryan on CFN, which I think broadly summarises how I feel about him:

"Ryan is tough as nails, a great leader, and a winner who'll make a Pro Bowl or three, but he's not a once-in-a-generation type. While he's considered head-and-shoulders ahead of everyone else in the race to be the top NFL quarterback prospect in this year's draft, he's not a supreme talent like a Peyton Manning or Troy Aikman, and he doesn't do anything special like a JaMarcus Russell or Michael Vick. However, he's not David Carr or Alex Smith. Tall, mobile, smart, and with the poise and the skills to be a productive pro for the next ten years, there's no real downside; he looks the part. However, he's not the type of quarterback who'll carry an NFL team to greatness on his own, but he could eventually take a very good team over the top. Interceptions were a problem when he tried to do too much on his own, and he didn't handle the pressure well when defenses were able to hit him on a regular basis. Then again, neither did Tom Brady in the Super Bowl. "

I would compare him to Eli, Roethlisberger and River. He's not going to carry a team singlehandedly, as Elway or Peyton did at times, but if you give him a good team all-round, he can win you a superbowl. Even a very good team is unlikely to win without a quality QB. The Ravens and Bucs are the exception that proves the rule.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:37 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
Will Smith will eat him. That's all.
Will Smith will need to get past Weiner or Baker. Good luck getting that to happen. Lawl.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 04-28-2008, 02:49 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Ryan is going to start right away honestly. And Ryan doesn't appear to be someone who is going to carry this team, but I could very well see him winning us a couple of games on that last drive, which was a gripe with Vick. If I'm remembering correctly, we had a very low scoring rate in the 4th quarter with him.

Last edited by ATLDirtyBirds : 04-28-2008 at 02:57 PM.
ATLDirtyBirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 02:55 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Vick was clutch on last drives only. Not 4th quarters in general.

Old 04-28-2008, 04:22 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ryan is a guy who can throw the ball all game and still succeed, showed by his time at Boston College. He can dominate a game, but a running game would obviously help out. And if he does it in the clutch, I will love it.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 04:25 PM    (permalink
kiranadwaney
Rookie

kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Ryan will be a solid pick for us. I dont think he will start week 1 he will sit and learn behind Chris Redman. Towards the end of the year when the playoffs are out of the question Ryan will step in and win a few games. The following year we can think about a winning season again when Ryan will be the full time starter.
kiranadwaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 04:28 PM    (permalink
oldLibid21
Veteran

oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why are you guys fretting over what number he wears? It's not about how he looks or who he looks like that matters in the NFL. Personally, I wouldn't care if Matt Ryan had an afro, wore pink long sleeves, and donned yellow and green high socks that don't even match. The only thing I care about right now is that he takes over this franchise and works hard his rookie year to improve and hopefully get the NFL game down quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Ryan is a guy who can throw the ball all game and still succeed, showed by his time at Boston College. He can dominate a game, but a running game would obviously help out. And if he does it in the clutch, I will love it.
I don't think Matt Ryan can "still succeed" when he throws the ball all game. That's why he had so many interceptions in Boston College because he was forced to throw the ball all game. It's obvious that we will running the ball 75% of the time, so I agree with you there that Matt Ryan will benefit from the running game - as long as it is successful.
oldLibid21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 04:38 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libid21 View Post
Why are you guys fretting over what number he wears? It's not about how he looks or who he looks like that matters in the NFL. Personally, I wouldn't care if Matt Ryan had an afro, wore pink long sleeves, and donned yellow and green high socks that don't even match. The only thing I care about right now is that he takes over this franchise and works hard his rookie year to improve and hopefully get the NFL game down quickly.

I don't think Matt Ryan can "still succeed" when he throws the ball all game. That's why he had so many interceptions in Boston College because he was forced to throw the ball all game. It's obvious that we will running the ball 75% of the time, so I agree with you there that Matt Ryan will benefit from the running game - as long as it is successful.
When you throw the ball 46 times a game you are going to get intercepted, especially when you have no rushing attack. And yes, it was 46 times a game.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Will Smith will need to get past Weiner or Baker. Good luck getting that to happen. Lawl.
Hahaa, oh d34. How you make me laugh so.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Self Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranadwaney View Post
Matt Ryan will be a solid pick for us. I dont think he will start week 1 he will sit and learn behind Chris Redman. Towards the end of the year when the playoffs are out of the question Ryan will step in and win a few games. The following year we can think about a winning season again when Ryan will be the full time starter.
Did you type that without laughing?
Old 04-28-2008, 05:53 PM    (permalink
kiranadwaney
Rookie

kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Self Rider View Post
When I mean learn I mean learn the offense ect, while Redman plays I known he wont learn anything from Chris Redman, I mean what can he teach Ryan about being a successful QB in the league when he aint been one himself
Old 04-28-2008, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Falcons are now my #2 team in the NFL, you guys got my favorite football player. I have loved him ever since he filled in for Quentin Porter as a sophmore, no reason to stop now. He is going to be a great addition to your franchise.
Old 04-28-2008, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Self Rider

I remember this like it was yesterday.

Head get knocked off

From my seats it looked like his head literally got knocked off his body.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Self Rider View Post
It's not much of learning how to play from Redman, but moreso learing the offense from Redman.

Quote:
we all hate you