Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-30-2008, 10:09 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is the wheel bad, or are you just not used to the controls? Is it better to just use the wiimote as is?

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 10:40 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Is the wheel bad, or are you just not used to the controls? Is it better to just use the wiimote as is?
I personally like the wheel; it takes a little getting used to, but not that much. You have to be well-timed with turns, and you can't overdo it or you'll completely screw up. There have been a couple of times when a big turn was ahead that I jerked the wheel in the direction where I wanted to go, and I went straight into the wall and ended up having to turn around backwards and then to the correct direction. The way to handle the turns is to turn early enough and gradually enough.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 10:52 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is there power slide still?

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 04-30-2008, 10:56 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah there is still power slide, and I just felt the wheel wasn't as responsive as tilting the wiimote ends, I felt the same with Need for Speed as well though, so it might just be a personal thing. The wheel was free anyway, so it's no biggie.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 10:56 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I'm even more excited for this balance board thing. Could be really good for skiing, surfing, and snowboarding games down the line.

Old 04-30-2008, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

does anyone know how much wii fit is going to cost?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 02:37 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
does anyone know how much wii fit is going to cost?
I've read around 75 us dollars...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22 View Post
I've read around 75 us dollars...
Considering it coming with the wii board, which might be used for future wii games, that is a damn good price.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 02:39 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I reserved my copy yesterday, and it will be $89.99 retail.

Old 04-30-2008, 02:42 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

Quote:
I need to reserve my copy....
Old 04-30-2008, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well that is lame, but the price I originally thought it would be. Thank God for my gf going in half on the game with me. She just got me Guitar Hero 3 and now wii fit... I love that girl!!! =D

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 02:51 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

It'll be worth it in the end. A wiimote and nunchuck costs $35 at least. If you consider the balance board a more elaborate version, the game remains in line with typical Wii game costs.

Old 04-30-2008, 02:52 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

Quote:
It'll be worth it in the end. A wiimote and nunchuck costs $35 at least. If you consider the balance board a more elaborate version, the game remains in line with typical Wii game costs.
what are other releases for the wii in May and June?
Old 04-30-2008, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe it is just me but i find Wii Mario Kart very frustrating and annoying. The ai is by far superior to any other mario kart game i have played. Not that this is a bad thing but 50cc seems more challenging then it should be. Another thing that bothers me is the use of weapons. For one i wasn't aware green shells became instant hits as thats all that has happened to me. Pow is thoroughly annoying. Bombardment is another problem. Several times i have been hit with in a short time span red shell, blue shell, red shell, then knocked off course dropping me from first to last in a matter of seconds. On the plus side i am enjoying the new courses and some of the new features such as different vehicles. V.S. mode once again blows. Gaaah N64 mario kart why cant they just remake it???
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 03:11 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22 View Post
what are other releases for the wii in May and June?
May/June, there is a skiing game that includes balance board functionality (not required). There is a sequel to Wii Sports called Decasports that could have some balance board work in it.

Other titles:

Pro tennis, backyard baseball, kung fu panda, Narnia, build your own amusement park, beach sports, Alone in the Dark (1p shooter, looks like), Monster Lab, Rock Star, and Guitar Hero Aerosmith.

Old 04-30-2008, 03:17 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

Quote:
May/June, there is a skiing game that includes balance board functionality (not required). There is a sequel to Wii Sports called Decasports that could have some balance board work in it.

Other titles:

Pro tennis, backyard baseball, kung fu panda, Narnia, build your own amusement park, beach sports, Alone in the Dark (1p shooter, looks like), Monster Lab, Rock Star, and Guitar Hero Aerosmith.
Looking forward to Rock Star and Aerosmith...
Old 04-30-2008, 03:25 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Doesn't do anything for me... unlike your avatar...

Old 04-30-2008, 03:50 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what's rock star? like rock band?
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 04:06 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

That's what I meant. Rock Band.

Old 04-30-2008, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I the only one who thinks Grand Theft Auto would be a good game for the Wii?
The nunchuck could be used to move around/sprint, and the controller could be the weapon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The new Mario Kart seems way to dumbed down, and is based on luck much more than the previous games were. It's still fun, but it's extremely annoying when you can go from first to last with one item. And it seems like way to many of the items attack everybody, the blue shells come up way, way to often, and if I could get an item that's not a green shell or a banana when I'm in first place, I would be very happy.

And vs. mode is a joke. At least in the last two, especially the 64 version, it was enjoyable, now it's pointless. And drifting sucks in this game.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 05:06 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
Am I the only one who thinks Grand Theft Auto would be a good game for the Wii?
The nunchuck could be used to move around/sprint, and the controller could be the weapon...
I agree, but producers for games like those get lazy when it comes to retooling the controls for the wii...
Old 05-19-2008, 11:09 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

WII FIT TODAY...

anyone checked it out!?

I plan on getting it sometime this week!
Old 05-19-2008, 11:50 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard Shenmue is coming to the Wii. Nice.

I love me some party games, too. I'm going to have to get one of these eventually.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 12:35 AM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I heard Shenmue is coming to the Wii. Nice.

I love me some party games, too. I'm going to have to get one of these eventually.
what is Shenmue?