Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-28-2008, 10:31 AM    (permalink
Santonio10
Veteran

Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
i have no idea who dhb is
Darius Heyward-Bey

BoneKrusher

360 GT: iiidiiiot
Go AC Gators! 7-3 (4-2)
Santonio10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Santonio10
Veteran

Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
I think Tebow will benefit from leaving after this year since the QB class is weak and lots of time will have needs at QB. If he stays to his senior year he will be picked apart by the scouts.
Yeah i see what you're saying. Kind of like Matt Ryan this year. I dont think he was that good but he went 3rd overall so who knows.

BoneKrusher

360 GT: iiidiiiot
Go AC Gators! 7-3 (4-2)
Santonio10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 10:37 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
I think Tebow will benefit from leaving after this year since the QB class is weak and lots of time will have needs at QB. If he stays to his senior year he will be picked apart by the scouts.
I agree with that logic, if Matt Stafford can get his accuracy up i think he is the better QB of the two and i would even throw Jake Locker in there but he wont come out next year. Talking strictly QB scenario.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 10:51 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that if Tebow, Stafford and Sanchez talk to agents, they'll leave for the NFL. Next year is definitely gonna be a Alex Smith-esque top of the first as far as QB's go, and a crappy team might just be forced to take one of them at the top. If Miami sucks horribly again and John Beck doesn't show much, it's too easy to put Tebow there.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:00 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LeSean McCoy RB Pittsburgh

Wells could be the Stewart of this class and Moreno the Mendenhall(although a lot better)
Old 04-28-2008, 11:13 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I think that if Tebow, Stafford and Sanchez talk to agents, they'll leave for the NFL. Next year is definitely gonna be a Alex Smith-esque top of the first as far as QB's go, and a crappy team might just be forced to take one of them at the top. If Miami sucks horribly again and John Beck doesn't show much, it's too easy to put Tebow there.
They just finished drafting Chad Henne in the second round. I doubt they go qb for about 2 years, they have to know what they have in Henne.

teams with needs at qb are:
Chiefs(depending on the play of Croyle)
Bears
Vikings(depending on the play of Jackson)
Panthers
Buccaneers
49ers(depending on the play of Smith)

Last edited by PACKmanN : 04-28-2008 at 11:18 AM.
PACKmanN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One of the OTs. This OT class is sick. After workouts, I am going to say Max Unger.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 11:19 AM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post
No offense to you, but I would bet my life that Juice Williams will never be considered the top QB available, much less the top overall pick. I really think he is the most overrated player in college football. Yes, he is athletic has a very strong arm, but his accuracy is bad and he doesn't make great decisions. The Illinois offense did just as well and sometimes better when his backup came in.

We're talking about a guy who has a career completion percentage of 49% and has thrown 21 interceptions compared with 22 TD's. When you say he'd need "another big season," I'm going to say he would have to have a monster season much better than his previous one.
there's no denying juice hasn't taken the next step yet, but I meant if the Illini had another big season, the only way I see that happening is if Juice takes that next step. At that point he'll be in contention for the top QB spot.

He was terribly inconsistent last year but as the season wore on he seemed to become more comfortable as a passer in that O and the reason his backup saw time was because he was a better runner, cause Juice wouldn't take off and kept his eyes downfield when Zook wanted him to just take off running.

Not saying he's a lock just saying he's a guy with great physical tools and is in a good position to make the jump into that upper echelon.
TheGreatEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 11:23 AM    (permalink
my future me
Veteran

my future me hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

You really can't predict that Malcolm Jenkins is going to be the 1st overall at this point. He has alot to prove after his lackluster and forgetable play down the stretch this year. Talent wise . . . he could be #1, but if they were to draft the 2009 class right now he wouldn't be top 15.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:25 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Forced to reach on Tim Tebow nothing. I would take Tebow over Vince Young, Matt Leinart, Brady Quinn, Alex Smith, Matt Ryan, or really anyone in the last few years except for Jamarcus and maybe Cutler. Tebow will be a top 10, most likely top 5 pick, and he'll deserve it.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 11:26 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by my future me View Post
You really can't predict that Malcolm Jenkins is going to be the 1st overall at this point. He has alot to prove after his lackluster and forgetable play down the stretch this year. Talent wise . . . he could be #1, but if they were to draft the 2009 class right now he wouldn't be top 15.
Dude yes he would. Obviously this is a ton of speculation, but Jenkins would have been a top 15 pick as a junior this year, which means he, like Oher, are at the top of the list for next year.

A lot can change, but right now, yeah he's definately a top 15 pick.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 12:24 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.

I don't think Jenkins warrants taking a corner top 5 unless this corner class is worse than I expect.
TheGreatEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 12:39 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I bet it's Oher.

Last edited by SenorGato : 04-28-2008 at 01:07 PM.
SenorGato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santonio10 View Post
I agree badgerbacker. Theres no way Juice is even considered a top 5 talent in next years draft, or even a first rounder for that matter. He has A LOT to work on as a QB.

I think Tebows gonna be one of those guys whos stock will drop before next years draft. Every ones gonna pick him apart before the draft and his stock will drop some because he does run a QB friendly offense at Florida. I think at best he'll be a mid-late first rounder. But that also depends on some of the team needs in that area as well.
After what just happened to Andre Woodson and Colt Brennan, you could very well be right.

Here is what I'll say.

This time last year, who here considered Matt Ryan a top three pick?
How about Alex Smith after the '04 draft?
After the '03 draft, how many knew Ben Roethlisberger? Or even how to spell Ben Roethlisberger? I'm guessing anyone who even heard his name spelled it Ben Roethshamalamadingdong.
How about Jay Cutler one full year before he was drafted?
Remember when we all though the top QB for this years draft would be Brian Brohm?

Who will be the #1 pick next year? Someone we're not even considering.

Last edited by Crickett : 04-28-2008 at 12:46 PM.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 12:42 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatEscape View Post
I don't think Jenkins warrants taking a corner top 5 unless this corner class is worse than I expect.
Vontae Davis is coming out next year so it'll be very strong at the top.

Jenkins and Davis are the two best CB's in College Football right now on paper. If Vontae can wake up and realize how good he can be, he'll go top 10 next season. He tends to coast because he's so good, doesn't try hard all the time in practice. But when the lights go on he's always on his game.

Vontae is a physical corner with very good ball skills that possesses 4.3 speed, and he will come up and support the run. Big time hitter and stupid athletic. He'll be an elite player in next years class.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 12:44 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vontae is a pretty sick name.

My money is on Oher or Wells. Oher is a great LT prospect, and Wells is just ridiculous.

I dont think Tebow goes that high unless he makes some drastic improvements to his throwing motion. Also the fact that he is from an Urban offense would scare some teams. I personally wouldnt get him in the 1st. Maybe in the 2nd and have him sit for a year.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tim Tebow. Odds are, whoever picks #1 next year is going to have QB issues.

Probably us, since Alex Smith is inevitably going to fail. I don't want that to happen but I'm not a very optimistic person.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 01:08 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tim Tebow has alot to smooth out before I consider him a 1st round QB.

Bad mechanics and Florida QB should scare enough people as it is I thought...

He could prove me wrong though...
SenorGato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 01:09 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentN View Post
Tim Tebow. Odds are, whoever picks #1 next year is going to have QB issues.

Probably us, since Alex Smith is inevitably going to fail. I don't want that to happen but I'm not a very optimistic person.
It won't be the 9ers. Smith might get benched though.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 01:13 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Initial thought is Oher although I wanna give a mention for Maualuga as a top 5 lock.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Phil Loadholt or Malcolm Jenkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Brian Cushing has an outside shot, he would have been a 1st rounder this year despite he was so banged up last fall.

If he can stay healthy.....keep an eye on him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 01:17 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
Initial thought is Oher although I wanna give a mention for Maualuga as a top 5 lock.
Maualuga is a beast and I consider him a better prospect than James Laurinaitis

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 02:03 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Maualuga is a beast and I consider him a better prospect than James Laurinaitis
I do too. Little Animal will not go top 5 though. His frame just isn't top 5 caliber. Probably not top 10 either. I still think he's a great prospect, but I'm not a huge fan on him in the middle. I could see him dominating at WLB.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
Brian Cushing has an outside shot, he would have been a 1st rounder this year despite he was so banged up last fall.

If he can stay healthy.....keep an eye on him.
Cushing, Mauluuga, Brandon Spikes, Lauranitis.....already like this crop better than 08. Sean Lee could get in there depending on length of his rehab.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote