Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-28-2008, 05:56 PM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hers my top 5:

1. Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio St
2. Chris Wells, RB, Ohio St
3. Michael Oher, OT, Ole Miss
4. Taylor Mays, S, USC
5. Al Woods, DT, LSU
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 06:00 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vontae Davis > Malcolm Jenkins

;)

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 06:06 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Wait so you're telling me he could've added on to his record setting season this year if he was tougher? Man....

I'd say the guy didn't disappear with the season he had.
Watch him against Missouri, they hit him often in the beginning and he disappeared the rest of the game. He had no really big plays and he dropped a lot.
Old 04-28-2008, 06:08 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Wells will be the McFadden/Peterson of the draft...the RB many have rated as the highest but will fall due to lack of need.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 06:09 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So in one game this happened? Crabtree set records my friend, and I can guarantee you he was played physically.

The guy's a stud.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Watch him against Missouri, they hit him often in the beginning and he disappeared the rest of the game. He had no really big plays and he dropped a lot.
You're a homer if you believe that Maclin runs a 4.22 and that he will be the #1 WR. He's exciting, but he is not nearly as polished as many of the other WRs in NCAA.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So in one game this happened? Crabtree set records my friend, and I can guarantee you he was played physically.

The guy's a stud.
No doubt he's very good, but Maclins better.
Old 04-28-2008, 06:12 PM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

;)
i like vontae davis a lot, i was thinking about him in my top 5. defiantly top 10
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 06:14 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is a bold faced lie. Crabtree went over the middle quite often, but their offense isn't predicated on dinks and dunks over the middle. Most of his plays were to stretch the field. Plain and simple, he's a playmaker. Maclin's one-dimensional and Crabtree, statistically, may have the two greatest seasons ever for a WR in collegiate football.
Old 04-28-2008, 06:16 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

;)
I agree.

Anways, I say Michael Oher. I don't even think he's a top-20 prospect right now, but he's the kind of player scouts drool over, and we saw how important LTs are this year.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 06:16 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
You're a homer if you believe that Maclin runs a 4.22 and that he will be the #1 WR. He's exciting, but he is not nearly as polished as many of the other WRs in NCAA.
Well Gary Pinkel said he ran a 4.20 last year in spring practice and I thought he was exaggerating a little, but he also said Will Franklin ran a 4.35 last spring and sure enough at the combine he ran a 4.37.
Old 04-28-2008, 06:17 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
That is a bold faced lie. Crabtree went over the middle quite often, but their offense isn't predicated on dinks and dunks over the middle. Most of his plays were to stretch the field. Plain and simple, he's a playmaker. Maclin's one-dimensional and Crabtree, statistically, may have the two greatest seasons ever for a WR in collegiate football.
How is Maclin one-dimensional?

please explain.
Old 04-28-2008, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll go with the 6'1 240 4.50 running back.
Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 06:38 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michael Crabtree is an elite WR prospect in my opinion. Maclin is good, to be sure, but he seems like more of a Ted Ginn or Desean Jackson to me.
Old 04-28-2008, 06:50 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
Michael Crabtree is an elite WR prospect in my opinion. Maclin is good, to be sure, but he seems like more of a Ted Ginn or Desean Jackson to me.
he's 6'1 around 190

Has the speed and kick return ability of both those guys, and he can actually run routes.
Old 04-28-2008, 06:54 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
he's 6'1 around 190

Has the speed and kick return ability of both those guys, and he can actually run routes.
He can run routes, not admirably better than the others. And an inch is helpful, but again, doesn't seperate him from that pack of speedy recievers that tends to go mid-late 1st.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Atlanta- Michael Oher
Baltimore- Malcolm Jenkins
San Francisco- Michael Crabtree

These are the three teams I think that will battle for the number one spot or finish in the top 3.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember the Harvin-Peter Warrick comparison, I really think Maclin and Warrick are nearly identical. Not saying that Maclin will do nothing in the NFL, but they both have similar size and skillsets.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 07:06 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the first pick in the 2009 NFL draft, the San Francisco 49ers take Tim Tebow QB, Florida

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 07:08 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Baltimore would take Crabtree.. They need a #1 Receiver for Flacco to throw to.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I disagree WMD, they have Clayton and D Williams with Heap and Quinn. They need depth and a good number 2, but I think Clayton can develop into a number one. They are old on defense and Rolle is never healthy anymore, I think they go CB. I am suprised they didnt go there early this year.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:14 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Atlanta- Michael Oher
Baltimore- Malcolm Jenkins
San Francisco- Michael Crabtree

These are the three teams I think that will battle for the number one spot or finish in the top 3.
I would be happy if Crabtree ended up in San fran cause without a star at WR the 49ers have just been pathetic. I don't doubt that they'll screw it up by winning a late meaningless game they should've lost though.

Last edited by TheGreatEscape : 04-28-2008 at 07:17 PM. Reason: who the f did I do that?
TheGreatEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 07:16 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michael Oher sounds good, but that just makes our trade up for Sam Baker lame. We will have to see how Baker does.

I think we might go WR in the first next year. Give Ryan more and more weapons. DT is the obvious need though.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 07:20 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope we can get a elite WR,DE or LT next year

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Michael Oher sounds good, but that just makes our trade up for Sam Baker lame. We will have to see how Baker does.

I think we might go WR in the first next year. Give Ryan more and more weapons. DT is the obvious need though.
I think Sam Baker is more suited to play RT then LT. Just my opinion though. I think his short arms are going to kill him.