Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-28-2008, 06:26 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
I think Sam Baker is more suited to play RT then LT. Just my opinion though. I think his short arms are going to kill him.
He is more of a left tackle, considering his footwork and pass protection skills paired with average run blocking ability. If he changes positions it will be to guard.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Keep this in mind. 21 of the last 29 drafts (or, since 1980) have seen the top pick be either a lineman or a quarterback, including the last 12 draft in a row. That narrows down the focus considerably.

Last edited by Paranoidmoonduck : 04-28-2008 at 07:48 PM.
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 07:46 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Michael Oher sounds good, but that just makes our trade up for Sam Baker lame. We will have to see how Baker does.

I think we might go WR in the first next year. Give Ryan more and more weapons. DT is the obvious need though.

Give me Michael Crabtree. I've started the support to get that man in Atlanta. He is exactly what we need.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:59 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I need to watch him play to see if his numbers are for real.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 08:09 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This all depends on who is picking with the 1st overall. There are a couple guys i like to be top ten though.

Michael Johnson, DE/OLB, Georgia Tech
Duke Robinson, G, Oklahoma - Has anyone mentioned him yet?
Myron Rolle, SS, Florida State
Taylor Mays, SS, USC

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't put Chris Wells up there. Big play ability? He breaks one here or there, but the guy is frequently caught from behind, and I really think teams want a game-breaker when they draft in the top 5.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
This all depends on who is picking with the 1st overall. There are a couple guys i like to be top ten though.

Taylor Mays, SS, USC
First of al, your sig is massive. Take that down.

Also, a guard for #1?! Hah!

BoneKrusher
Old 04-28-2008, 08:15 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How dare you talk smack about Chris Wells. Big play ability doesnt necessarily mean long TD run everytime. With his vision, size and speed, he could break 20 yard runs all the time, and that is also big play ability (IMO).

He reminds me kind of like Frank Gore I would say. More shiftier, avoids more contact. No breakaway to finish the 20 yard run into a 60 yard TD run. But thats not saying that he wont, because he has the speed to break the long one.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 04-28-2008, 08:17 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

I really can't see a team giving Oher 30 million guarenteed. His physical talent is undeniable but there is no sure thing that he will be able to translate an NFL playbook. I really am not sure that he will even be top 5 and his play last year wasn't that great considering his physical gifts. He's pretty overrated right now in my opinion though his physical gifts could turn that around this year.

I'm going to go DL for my choice though and say Tyson Jackson will be number 1.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 08:18 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12 View Post
I wouldn't put Chris Wells up there. Big play ability? He breaks one here or there, but the guy is frequently caught from behind, and I really think teams want a game-breaker when they draft in the top 5.
You're joking right? You must be joking.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 08:22 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
You're joking right? You must be joking.
I have to agree with him that it is one of his flaws. He doesnt have that many, and each one of his flaws are really small, but he doesnt have the breakaway speed that Bush, Peterson, and McFadden had.

Old 04-28-2008, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

I love Chris Wells as much as anyone here, but you have to look at history and teams drafting high typically want a RB with breakaway ability.

BoneKrusher
Old 04-28-2008, 08:25 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Crabtree and Darius Heyward Bey, but we the Falcons look to be three deep at least at wide receiver for the next five years at least with Roddy White, Laurent Robinson, and Harry Douglas.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 08:26 PM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lsu couldnt catch him, and they're zoooo fast!!!!
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 08:30 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12 View Post
I love Chris Wells as much as anyone here, but you have to look at history and teams drafting high typically want a RB with breakaway ability.
How bout not just recent year. A few years back, Ronnie Brown and Cedric Benson both went fairly high without being breakaway speed back. What did LT run coming out of college? In the 4.5s? Shaun Alexander won the MVP a few years ago without top end speed. Teams will draft the best player, not the fastest player. Wells runs around a 4.4-4.5 so it's not like he has BAD speed.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is just my opinion, but I have Wells rated a little lower then AD, but a little higher then D Mac.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
How bout not just recent year. A few years back, Ronnie Brown and Cedric Benson both went fairly high without being breakaway speed back. What did LT run coming out of college? In the 4.5s? Shaun Alexander won the MVP a few years ago without top end speed. Teams will draft the best player, not the fastest player. Wells runs around a 4.4-4.5 so it's not like he has BAD speed.
Brown and Tomlinson both posted times in the low 4.4's.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:39 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
Brown and Tomlinson both posted times in the low 4.4's.
Google says Tomlinson ran a 4.46, around what Wells is expected to run. I remember Brown ran very well, but he's more a physical back.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Larry121283
Rookie

Larry121283 is a cocksman.Larry121283 is a cocksman.Larry121283 is a cocksman.

Right now, I'd put my money in an offensive lineman, probably Michael Oher if we are guessing a year away from now.

Phil Loadholt has a lot to prove on the practice field in terms of work ethic, but he is a real interesting player for next years draft.

Eugene Monroe might be better than Branden Albert...
Larry121283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 08:44 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Wells is a big bruiser who can run outside with the best of them. In fact most of his best runs were when he went off tackle or on sweeps. Beanie is about as good of a homerun hitter at RB that you will ever find from a guy that big. He will run in the 4.4s or low 4.5s at 235+ lbs. One of his question marks is definitely not his homerun big play ability, b/c once he gets in the secondary he will either kill a DB by stiff arming them or daring them to try and tackle him. Did you watch the LSU and Michigan games, or any Ohio State game for that matter? His breakaway speed is a notch below AD's of course, but he has much more power and strength than any top back we've seen in a while. Oh how I wish the Browns had a shot at him. I'd say Detroit or Chicago are probably the favorites to get him should they pick in the top ten.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dregolll View Post
Does anyone have any frontrunners for the 2009 draft, now that 08 is behind us. I would like to know for scouting purposes and please include any juniors that have the potential to go #1 overall.
To answer your question, here are some guys who have #1 overall potential at this point:

Michael Oher, OT, Ole Miss
Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech
Tim Tebow, QB, Florida
Matthew Stafford, QB, Georgia
Chris Wells, RB, Ohio State
Michael Johnson, DE, Georgia Tech
Brian Cushing, OLB, USC

Hope this helps.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Taylor Mays, SS, USC
Why Myron Rolle? He has been a bust in college.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 09:01 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Taylor Mays, SS, USC
Myron Rolle? HAHAHAH. He can't cover, and he takes horrible angles. He's lucky if he's a first round pick.
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 09:06 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, Myron Rolle has been kinda dissapointing. Michael Johnson needs to get his weight up and improve against the run if he's gonna be a first rounder let alone a top 10 pick. Right now he's a strict 4-3 end who is too skinny and weak at the POA to succeed at the next level. 6-7 won't work in a 3-4 and his only top skill is as a pass rusher/penetrator from the DE spot. Lots of potential but not an elite prospect yet. Similar to Mathias Kiwanuka except I don't think he had as good a 2nd to last year.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I posted a Mock Draft in the aptly named forum.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote