Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-28-2008, 11:57 AM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default AT&T Field?

http://www.star-telegram.com/100/story/593851.html

Im not too keen on "AT&T Field" anyone else? Im sort of partial to the "Stadium" tag myself. But AT&T Stadium does sound corny. I dont know any thoughts?
Old 04-28-2008, 03:08 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blah, all the corporate sponsorships are ruining the glorious names that once graced stadiums all over the country.

It'll always be Texas Stadium to me.
Old 04-28-2008, 03:27 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Blah, all the corporate sponsorships are ruining the glorious names that once graced stadiums all over the country.

It'll always be Texas Stadium to me.
I hear ya but, its never gonna go back to the way it was. Sometimes you have to change with the times. I remember how much I hated it a few years back when every WR started going with the 11-19 jersey number, syaing to myself "if your a WR you gotta have an 80's number". But now its not a big deal. Times change, I hate the silly corporate names on these Stadiums as much as anyone, but I'm learning to accept it because its going to be like this from now on.
Old 04-29-2008, 01:10 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its a business move, AT&T is shelling out ALOT of money to put their name on the stadium, so it would be kind of silly to not make that move if your not a business person...Jerry makes alot of money back in the process, and alot of marketing and advertising...Thats pretty much how its going to be for all new stadiums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 07:43 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh believe me, i understand where this move is coming from. It just kinda sucks that owners are having to resort to corporate sponsorship to build stadiums. Really, i mean, it's like everyone is trying to swing a bigger.... fist.
Old 04-29-2008, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are far worse names. Ameriquest Field is lame but we all know it as The Ballpark in Arlington. I wouldn't blame Jerry for making the move. Whenever teams name stadiums, I always think of the stadium names in Baseketball.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 12:06 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AT&T Field is okay, but they need to work in Tom Landry somewhere.

AT&T Stadium & Tom Landry Field or Tom Landry Stadium & AT&T Field.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 02:18 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
AT&T Field is okay, but they need to work in Tom Landry somewhere.

AT&T Stadium & Tom Landry Field or Tom Landry Stadium & AT&T Field.
That would be overkill.

I wouldn't want that as a sponsor. I'm sure Tom Landry's name could get worked in somewhere in the new ring of honor, but definitely not in the official name.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
That would be overkill.

I wouldn't want that as a sponsor. I'm sure Tom Landry's name could get worked in somewhere in the new ring of honor, but definitely not in the official name.
Your UT has taken this to another level. Do you not like what they have done?

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 05:49 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
Your UT has taken this to another level. Do you not like what they have done?
No, i don't actually.

I hope the screen in our new stadium doesn't turn into another Adzillatron
Old 05-01-2008, 01:51 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

I'd willing to bet there's a line of buisnesses a mile long waiting to pay get their ad flashing on the huge screen during pre-game, timeouts, halftime, and post-game.
Old 05-01-2008, 02:23 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac076 View Post
I'd willing to bet there's a line of buisnesses a mile long waiting to pay get their ad flashing on the huge screen during pre-game, timeouts, halftime, and post-game.
I don't doubt that one bit, that's why i'm saying that i hope it doesn't turn into an Adzillatron like they have at UT.