Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-28-2008, 08:22 PM    (permalink
jetsfan0099
Rookie

jetsfan0099 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Why do the Jets have to draft bust?

I think the franchised is cursed...... By the talk of everyone on here and the guys on TV, Gholston is the biggest bust of the draft....... Why do we always draft bust?? Why is this franchise so bad?? Then the guys on TV also think Dustin Keller was a 3rd round talent, so theres another 1st round TE bust for us....... Why do I even like this team???
jetsfan0099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 08:24 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see how a guy is a bust when he hasn't played an NFL snap. He has a bust "factor" because he seems to be a bit of a workout warrior that lacks consistency, but that doesn't mean he will be.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 08:24 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

its been one day! holy crap.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 08:25 PM    (permalink
jetsfan0099
Rookie

This franchise can't afford a bust..
Old 04-28-2008, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

over 1/2 of d-lineman that are selected top 10 seem to take plays off. Mario Williams was inconsistent in college and he had 14 sacks as a 2nd year player.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:26 PM    (permalink
jetsfan0099
Rookie

Everyone is saying they are going to be bust, so I guess that means they are going to be bust. No one at all likes Gholston, why did we draft him?
Old 04-28-2008, 08:27 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who cares what people say? Let things play out.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He has the second highest bust chances of the top 6. (Ryan is tops naturally) imo of course. His upside is huge though, higher than Chris Long. I would have taken him too at that point. Who did those people want the Jets to take instead?

Everyone said that the Texans made a huge mistake passing on Bush for Williams. Only way to find out is to wait 3 years.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 08:49 PM    (permalink
jetsfan0099
Rookie

Does Gholston compare to Mario Williams though?? Weren't their college stats close to alike?? And both are physical freaks.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:54 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan0099 View Post
I think the franchised is cursed...... By the talk of everyone on here and the guys on TV, Gholston is the biggest bust of the draft....... Why do we always draft bust?? Why is this franchise so bad?? Then the guys on TV also think Dustin Keller was a 3rd round talent, so theres another 1st round TE bust for us....... Why do I even like this team???
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 08:56 PM    (permalink
jetsfan0099
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
I was being sarcastic, because it seems like every guy on TV and all the guys online are already calling Gholston a bust. I hope it ends up like Mario Williams situation.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:57 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

jetsfan, these are peoples opinions, not actual scenarios. Now that hes is IN the NFL i think he will intensify his workouts and become a hardworker. It seemed like until now everything has been handed to him since he got word he was a first round talent.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 08:59 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jets got Danny WOODHEAD.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:13 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just ********. Do i even need to comment on this? I don't think so

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 11:17 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well considering how well Gholston played against the #1 overall pick in the draft and how great he was against LSU I say the experts are nitpicking and really looking for someone to go down on in the top ten. Matt Ryan was just too easy of a target I guess. I think the real reason they went to hard on calling Gholston overated is because like Mario Wiliams during his junior year Gholston took a while to really catch fire and at the end of they year he was the most consistently dominant DE there was and really abused every tackle he faced if you look at the film. That plus he was a workout warrior who was a top 10 pick when in a normal draft he probably should go in the 8-15 range and some people were pimping him for top 4 which is too high for him.

Last edited by keylime_5 : 04-28-2008 at 11:20 PM.
keylime_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 11:18 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gholston is going to be GOOD.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 11:21 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

a bust already?
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 12:10 AM    (permalink
asmitty45
Veteran

asmitty45 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Gholston should be very effective in that system, I don't even think he's the most likely bust in the top 6. I give that honor to Matt Ryan, almost simply b/c he has Joey "Ballgame harrington to show him the ropes.

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21
asmitty45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 12:30 AM    (permalink
Aftermath
Veteran

Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.

Gholston got bored in college.

Sig by yours truly.
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 12:32 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is this thread really necessary?
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 12:48 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do find it interesting that they ended up acknowledging that Chris Long was their preference. The last week or so, many were talking about the fall of Chris Long. It looks like that was just false, as talk has been the Raiders would've probably taken him at 4, the Chiefs, assuming that Dorsey wasn't there, would've taken him at 5, and at 6, the Jets definitively would've taken him.

As for Gholston and Keller, the picks are fine. I didn't think they'd have the guts to pull the Keller pick, but they did, and I applaud them for that. They needed a guy like that to attack the middle. As for Vernon, he should be alright at the least. First off, he's likely to be rotated in and out a bit, with Pace and Thomas there. 2nd of all, they can scheme around any deficiences.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 01:03 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just stop watching the Jets. It's obvious that they're out to get their fans and lose their commitment to the team.

Why else would they draft Gholston? It's not like they get paid to watch
and analyze every inch of the prospect to make the best decision possible
on what they'll invest tens of millions of dollars.

Damn Jets ownership. Damn yous!
Old 04-29-2008, 01:09 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
I do find it interesting that they ended up acknowledging that Chris Long was their preference. The last week or so, many were talking about the fall of Chris Long. It looks like that was just false, as talk has been the Raiders would've probably taken him at 4, the Chiefs, assuming that Dorsey wasn't there, would've taken him at 5, and at 6, the Jets definitively would've taken him.
I thought Chris Long was definitely a possibility for Oakland, but apparently they had already assured McFadden that morning that if he was there, they would have taken him. In light of what some of Oakland's coaches have said, I think McFadden was the unquestioned #1 on that board for a really long time.

As for the Jets, I wouldn't worry about Gholston. I've been one of his more outspoken detractors on this site, but the potential there is immense. Maybe he never harnesses all of it, but he'll at least be able to beat an offensive tackle to the edge several times a game and close down on the quarterback very fast playing from that linebacker spot.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:05 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.

Gholston probably never fulfills his potential, who honestly wants to bust their ** for the jets?, but I think that at least he'll get 8-12 sacks just due to his scheme letting him get someone one-on-one where his quickness and bullrush will beat average blockers.
TheGreatEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Pb&j
Rookie

Pb&j is a cocksman.Pb&j is a cocksman.Pb&j is a cocksman.

I don't think gholston is a good OLB, he will get sacks bet will suck in coverage and run contain, he is a RDE in a 4-3, I just don't buy him as a full time 3-4 OLB.
Pb&j is offline   Reply With Quote