Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Miami Dolphins Team Forum

Miami Dolphins Team Forum Discuss the 'Phins

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2008, 11:23 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: RAWR
Posts: 39,148
Reputation: 3754698
draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Predict the opening day starting line up

Yea it's way too early but I'm bored.

QB- Josh McCown (Nothing to base this on, could easily be Beck or Henne)
RB- Ronnie Brown
FB- Reagan Mauia
WR- Ernest Wilford
WR- Ted Ginn Jr
TE- Anthony Fasano
LT- Jake Long
LG- Donald Thomas
C- Samson Satele
RG- Justin Smiley
RT- Vernon Carey

DE- Vonnie Holliday
NT- Jason Feruson
DE- Randy Starks
OLB- Jason Taylor
ILB- Channing Crowder
ILB- Akin Ayodele
OLB- Joey Porter
CB- Will Allen
CB- Michael Lehan
FS- Jason Allen
SS- Yeremiah Bell
__________________

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 07:53 AM    (permalink
Joeyjr09
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

QB- Josh McCown
RB- Ronnie Brown
FB- Lex Hillard
WR- Ernest Wilford
WR- Ted Ginn Jr.
TE- -Anthony Fasano
LT- Jake Long
LG- Justin Smiley
C- Samson Satele
RG- Shawn Murphy
RT- Vernon Carey

DE- Randy Starks
NT- Jason Ferguson
DE- Vonnie Holliday
OLB- Jason Taylor
ILB- Reggie Torbor
ILB- Channing Crowder
OLB- Joey Porter
CB- Will Allen
CB- Michael Lehan
S- Yeremiah Bell
S- Keith Davis
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 12:40 PM    (permalink
BigBlueCrew56
Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 350
Reputation: 30
BigBlueCrew56 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
QB- Josh McCown
RB- Ronnie Brown
FB- Lex Hillard
WR- Ernest Wilford
WR- Ted Ginn Jr.
TE- -Anthony Fasano
LT- Jake Long
LG- Justin Smiley
C- Samson Satele
RG- Shawn Murphy
RT- Vernon Carey

DE- Randy Starks
NT- Jason Ferguson
DE- Vonnie Holliday
OLB- Jason Taylor
ILB- Reggie Torbor
ILB- Channing Crowder
OLB- Joey Porter
CB- Will Allen
CB- Michael Lehan
S- Yeremiah Bell
S- Keith Davis


This looks to be a winner but I think Akin Ayodele gets the start over Torbor because he is more familiar with the Parcells system. He will be the trusted veteran to make the calls in the middle. Other then that I think you are spot on with Lex Hilliard at FB and Shawn Murphy being a beast at RG. Murphy and Carey are going to blow up some major running holes on the right side.
BigBlueCrew56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 12:42 PM    (permalink
BigBlueCrew56
Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 350
Reputation: 30
BigBlueCrew56 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Yea it's way too early but I'm bored.

QB- Josh McCown (Nothing to base this on, could easily be Beck or Henne)
RB- Ronnie Brown
FB- Reagan Mauia
WR- Ernest Wilford
WR- Ted Ginn Jr
TE- Anthony Fasano
LT- Jake Long
LG- Donald Thomas
C- Samson Satele
RG- Justin Smiley
RT- Vernon Carey

DE- Vonnie Holliday
NT- Jason Feruson
DE- Randy Starks
OLB- Jason Taylor
ILB- Channing Crowder
ILB- Akin Ayodele
OLB- Joey Porter
CB- Will Allen
CB- Michael Lehan
FS- Jason Allen
SS- Yeremiah Bell

Sparano is not going to start two rookies on the left side. Smiley will move to the LG spot to help bring Jake along and Murphy and his 320 pound behemoth frame will team up with fellow behemoth Vernon Carey so that he can show him the ropes on the right side.
BigBlueCrew56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueCrew56 View Post
This looks to be a winner but I think Akin Ayodele gets the start over Torbor because he is more familiar with the Parcells system. He will be the trusted veteran to make the calls in the middle. Other then that I think you are spot on with Lex Hilliard at FB and Shawn Murphy being a beast at RG. Murphy and Carey are going to blow up some major running holes on the right side.
I think Ayodele is way overrated. It's neck and neck between him and Torbor and I would not be surprised to see Torbor win the job. Remember this is a Parcell's 3-4, they will all see the field.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 10:55 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: South Florida
Posts: 8,709
Reputation: 335869
thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Offense:

QB: John Beck
RB: Ronnie Brown
FB: Reagan Mauia
WR: Ernest Wilford
WR: Ted Ginn
TE: Anthony Fasano
LT: Jake Long
LG: Justin Smiley
C: Samson Satele
RG: Shawn Murphy
RT: Vernon Carey

Defense:

DE: Randy Starks
NT: Jason Ferguson
DE: Vonnie Holliday
OLB: Jason Taylor
ILB: Akin Ayodele
ILB: Channing Crowder
OLB: Joey Porter
CB: Will Allen
CB: Michael Lehan
FS: Jason Allen
SS: Yeremiah Bell

This is the Lineup for now, IMO. I could easily see Henne as the opening day starter though. I think Beck gets the nod right now just because of the little bit of experience he has. Combine that with that they want to see just exactly they have with him before totally giving up on him. We could end up with a Anderson/Quinn scenario here if Beck does end up panning out. If he does, then he becomes trade bait for next offseason and we continue on with Henne as our guy or keep Beck anyway. There are a lot of factors that go into the QB situation right now. The one thing I DON'T see right now is McCown opening as the starter. That would just be foolish.

I could also see Vonnie as a cap casualty. If that is the case, then either Rod Wright or Phillip Merling steps in to replace him. I'm not sure Merling will be ready by Day 1 so I would give the nod to Wright in that scenario right now.

A lot of questions here for sure though. I can't wait for the camps!
__________________

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 07:53 AM    (permalink
Joeyjr09
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
Offense:

QB: John Beck
RB: Ronnie Brown
FB: Reagan Mauia
WR: Ernest Wilford
WR: Ted Ginn
TE: Anthony Fasano
LT: Jake Long
LG: Justin Smiley
C: Samson Satele
RG: Shawn Murphy
RT: Vernon Carey

Defense:

DE: Randy Starks
NT: Jason Ferguson
DE: Vonnie Holliday
OLB: Jason Taylor
ILB: Akin Ayodele
ILB: Channing Crowder
OLB: Joey Porter
CB: Will Allen
CB: Michael Lehan
FS: Jason Allen
SS: Yeremiah Bell

This is the Lineup for now, IMO. I could easily see Henne as the opening day starter though. I think Beck gets the nod right now just because of the little bit of experience he has. Combine that with that they want to see just exactly they have with him before totally giving up on him. We could end up with a Anderson/Quinn scenario here if Beck does end up panning out. If he does, then he becomes trade bait for next offseason and we continue on with Henne as our guy or keep Beck anyway. There are a lot of factors that go into the QB situation right now. The one thing I DON'T see right now is McCown opening as the starter. That would just be foolish.

I could also see Vonnie as a cap casualty. If that is the case, then either Rod Wright or Phillip Merling steps in to replace him. I'm not sure Merling will be ready by Day 1 so I would give the nod to Wright in that scenario right now.

A lot of questions here for sure though. I can't wait for the camps!
I can't see Beck starting. In fact, I think theres a chance we don't even see him on the roster. I think he'll get alot of PT in training camp, get some trade value and then if they get a good enough offer, he'll be moved for picks in next year's draft. It's tough for unestablished QBs to play when a new regime comes in, it'll be even harder for him to play behind a vet that they brought in and with a new QB of the future that they hand picked. The writing is on the wall for Beck, I can't see him around past this season, too much stacked against him and they will probably trade him soon before his value tanks.

Rod Wright is not starter material. Now way do I ever want him on the field as anything more then a backup. Way too inconsistent. I like the guy and he has some upside but he needs to come in and spell the starter so that he can just play a couple of plays fresh and then come back out, the 2nd Wright gets a couple series in, he gets tired and you might as well play with 10 guys out there because he dissappears. That was part of his problem last season. He needs to be a backup and nothing more. Merling would definately get the nod, but none of that matters. Holliday would not be cut right now. He is in the 2nd season of a huge deal we gave him, would cost too much for us to cut him now IMO. Maybe they do cut him June 1st but I think more likely then not, he sticks for this season and they cut him next June 1st with only 2 years remaining on his deal, instead of this offseason. Similar situation to Joey Porter.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 11:33 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: South Florida
Posts: 8,709
Reputation: 335869
thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
I can't see Beck starting. In fact, I think theres a chance we don't even see him on the roster. I think he'll get alot of PT in training camp, get some trade value and then if they get a good enough offer, he'll be moved for picks in next year's draft. It's tough for unestablished QBs to play when a new regime comes in, it'll be even harder for him to play behind a vet that they brought in and with a new QB of the future that they hand picked. The writing is on the wall for Beck, I can't see him around past this season, too much stacked against him and they will probably trade him soon before his value tanks.

Rod Wright is not starter material. Now way do I ever want him on the field as anything more then a backup. Way too inconsistent. I like the guy and he has some upside but he needs to come in and spell the starter so that he can just play a couple of plays fresh and then come back out, the 2nd Wright gets a couple series in, he gets tired and you might as well play with 10 guys out there because he dissappears. That was part of his problem last season. He needs to be a backup and nothing more. Merling would definately get the nod, but none of that matters. Holliday would not be cut right now. He is in the 2nd season of a huge deal we gave him, would cost too much for us to cut him now IMO. Maybe they do cut him June 1st but I think more likely then not, he sticks for this season and they cut him next June 1st with only 2 years remaining on his deal, instead of this offseason. Similar situation to Joey Porter.
I just feel that, with our own regime, who were supposedly very high on Beck before last year's draft, if he doesn't have any place of value on our own team, what makes you think we would be able to get anything substantial in value in return for him from ANOTHER team. We need to keep him around to build on his value at least a little bit, for at least this season. I see no way he is shipped out anytime before 2009. If his own team doesn't feel he has any value, how do you think any other team views him? Probably not very well. I agree that the Dolphins are probably not in his future long term, but this year should be a tell all and we will have to find that out for sure first.
__________________

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
I just feel that, with our own regime, who were supposedly very high on Beck before last year's draft, if he doesn't have any place of value on our own team, what makes you think we would be able to get anything substantial in value in return for him from ANOTHER team. We need to keep him around to build on his value at least a little bit, for at least this season. I see no way he is shipped out anytime before 2009. If his own team doesn't feel he has any value, how do you think any other team views him? Probably not very well. I agree that the Dolphins are probably not in his future long term, but this year should be a tell all and we will have to find that out for sure first.
Dude, I hope you realize that that post make no sense? If he doesn't have value to us then he doesn't have value to another team? Haven't you heard the term, One Man's Trash is another Man's Treasure? The NFL is build off out people that get cut because their team doesn't want them and then get signed by someone else. Hell, last year the Steelers didn't value Joey Porter enough to keep him around so they cut him and we signed him to huge contract. I promise you there are a couple teams out there that will see something in Beck to make them want to give him a look.

I get sick of hearing that our regime was high on Beck before last year's draft. It drives me crazy. Listen, last year the regime said how much they loved Daunte Culpepper, yet they still signed Trent Green, drafted John Beck and Culpepper was cut. This season already, Parcells said JT will either be a Dolphin or retired, yet still they were shopping him during the draft. This regime was raving about Lorenzo Booker's potential and how he will be a big part of the offense. They dealt him last week. You cannot believe any words that come out of a team's mouth. As soon as the team tells the league that they don't want the guy, his value goes down to zero because they know he will be cut eventually. By saying they like him, he still has value because teams know we will keep him around. This is the same situation as last season, our FO is saying how much they love Beck just so he keeps his trade value, if they loved him so much they wouldn't have gone out and signed a young starter as well as drafting another QB of the future. I guarantee you they will be looking to move Beck during TC when someone was their QB go down with an injury.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 01:31 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: South Florida
Posts: 8,709
Reputation: 335869
thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
Dude, I hope you realize that that post make no sense? If he doesn't have value to us then he doesn't have value to another team? Haven't you heard the term, One Man's Trash is another Man's Treasure? The NFL is build off out people that get cut because their team doesn't want them and then get signed by someone else. Hell, last year the Steelers didn't value Joey Porter enough to keep him around so they cut him and we signed him to huge contract. I promise you there are a couple teams out there that will see something in Beck to make them want to give him a look.

I get sick of hearing that our regime was high on Beck before last year's draft. It drives me crazy. Listen, last year the regime said how much they loved Daunte Culpepper, yet they still signed Trent Green, drafted John Beck and Culpepper was cut. This season already, Parcells said JT will either be a Dolphin or retired, yet still they were shopping him during the draft. This regime was raving about Lorenzo Booker's potential and how he will be a big part of the offense. They dealt him last week. You cannot believe any words that come out of a team's mouth. As soon as the team tells the league that they don't want the guy, his value goes down to zero because they know he will be cut eventually. By saying they like him, he still has value because teams know we will keep him around. This is the same situation as last season, our FO is saying how much they love Beck just so he keeps his trade value, if they loved him so much they wouldn't have gone out and signed a young starter as well as drafting another QB of the future. I guarantee you they will be looking to move Beck during TC when someone was their QB go down with an injury.

Some good points there. I'm just not so sure they are ready to write Beck off just yet though, that's all. I could be wrong. I guess we will just have to wait and see.
__________________

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 10:01 AM    (permalink
Canadian_draft_fan
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 853
Reputation: 5708
Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.
Default Matt Roth

Dolphin fans,
I'm looking for a little information on Matt Roth.
1. Do you think he makes the Dolphins roster this year, considering all the Dlineman drafted by the Phins?
2. Will they dump Jason Taylor and keep Roth?
3. What is your opinion of his play?

I'm a Redskin fan and I'm thinking the Phins may cut him this year. I don't think he is a good fit in a 3-4 and would make a better 4-3 LDE, kind of a poor man's Aaron Kampman. I wouldn't mind if the Skins picked him up if the Dolphins cut him.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.
__________________
Sean Taylor - You'll always be missed but never forgotten
Canadian_draft_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 09:44 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: South Florida
Posts: 8,709
Reputation: 335869
thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_draft_fan View Post
Dolphin fans,
I'm looking for a little information on Matt Roth.
1. Do you think he makes the Dolphins roster this year, considering all the Dlineman drafted by the Phins?
2. Will they dump Jason Taylor and keep Roth?
3. What is your opinion of his play?

I'm a Redskin fan and I'm thinking the Phins may cut him this year. I don't think he is a good fit in a 3-4 and would make a better 4-3 LDE, kind of a poor man's Aaron Kampman. I wouldn't mind if the Skins picked him up if the Dolphins cut him.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.
To be honest, he may be better off in a 4-3. I feel he is playing out of position in our scheme and may never find real success until he gets out of it. I like the comparison of Kampman though in a 4-3 setting.
__________________

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_draft_fan View Post
Dolphin fans,
I'm looking for a little information on Matt Roth.
1. Do you think he makes the Dolphins roster this year, considering all the Dlineman drafted by the Phins?
2. Will they dump Jason Taylor and keep Roth?
3. What is your opinion of his play?

I'm a Redskin fan and I'm thinking the Phins may cut him this year. I don't think he is a good fit in a 3-4 and would make a better 4-3 LDE, kind of a poor man's Aaron Kampman. I wouldn't mind if the Skins picked him up if the Dolphins cut him.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.
he is better in a 4-3 but he is young and talented. We won't cut him for nothing. We could easily get some draft picks for him if we put him on the market.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.