Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 11-24-2008, 07:02 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any1 know of a mid-round rb that could possibly eventually replace T. Jones? Because isn't he approaching 30? Which some of the greats couldn't overcome.

Any way this i how I'd go.

1) D-Line
2) QB (depends on favre I guess tho)
3) WR
4) Safety/Nickel Back

1/2 might as well be switchable cause of favre

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 07:47 PM    (permalink
timewaster
Rookie

timewaster timewaster timewaster timewaster

Too many people have us taking a back that doesnt complement Leon Washington (who MUST be resigned after this year).

I want Shonn Greene in Green and White :twisted:

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...ad.php?t=27222
That guys mock i like:

1st : B.J. Raji - NG/DE (3-4) - Boston College
2nd : Jasper Brinkley - ILB - South Carolina

Someone to spell Jenkins is a huge need.
Can never have too many LB's in the 3-4

Would like a WR to replace Coles.
Still on the Brett Ratliff bandwagon from pre-season.
timewaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 02:33 AM    (permalink
ManOverboard
Rookie

ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kenny Britt.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:42 PM    (permalink
timewaster
Rookie

timewaster timewaster timewaster timewaster

Everyone has us taking Moreno in the first.

Not like anyone is right, but!
Why choose a back that similar to Washington. If anything we need a big bruiser.

Not to mention i think Jones will do fine next year like he is doing this year. So a RB in the first round seems totally unnecessary. Please correct me if im wrong.
timewaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 08:33 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOverboard View Post
Kenny Britt.
100% absolutley yes.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:56 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I say we go with Brian Cushing/Kenny Britt! Take 2 NJ affiliated guys!
Old 11-26-2008, 12:08 AM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why not? Jersey people are the best people in the world.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:28 PM    (permalink
illmatic74
Veteran

illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
Why not? Jersey people are the best people in the world.
After New Yorkers.
"The system can never stop what's been set into motion,like volcanic eruptions on the floor of the ocean,my purpose is to burst through the surface emerse in the smoldering lava from verses surrounded by, Murder mami's (not bitches that's worthless) i cut chicken heads off (like hexes and curses),weapons i purchase make homeland security nervous, i run pockets & purses like subway searches under Masonic temples disguised as churches"- Immortal Technique
illmatic74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 12:58 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by illmatic74 View Post
After New Yorkers.
I postulate that this is the type of pointless, punitive post that produces your neg rep.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:02 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anybody have thoughts on some guys they'd be interested in with our first round pick, presuming we have one? Obviously very preliminary but still fun to play around with...
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 10:30 AM    (permalink
gio
Rookie

gio hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

we need a WR in the worst way its not even funny. just think, instead of dustin keller who had a whopping 3-4 good games, we could have had desean jackson catching from favre all year. get rid of coles because he is a crybaby chad sympathist..make him happy and send him to miami so they can f*ck each other for all i care. cotchery is no more than a borderline 2nd WR, and the other guys are bums. we don't need another RB..tj had a solid year, and with a new coaching regime, i'm sure he will repeat his success next year. improve the line and get another shut down corner instead of that parasite TY LAW..gimme a break, what was mangina thinking?!?!?
Old 12-29-2008, 03:00 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

all we need is adrian peterson... look at the vikings... at least they made the playoffs with an okay qb, bad pass defense, good run d, etc.

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 03:41 PM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I postulate that this is the type of pointless, punitive post that produces your neg rep.
Hes just speaking the truth ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by katnip View Post
all we need is adrian peterson... look at the vikings... at least they made the playoffs with an okay qb, bad pass defense, good run d, etc.
True, its a good thing AD's come around so often.

Depending on the new head coach and if he switches back to a 4-3, Ill hold my opinion. But if we do switch to a 4-3, Brian Cushing. Yes.
Old 01-01-2009, 08:37 PM    (permalink
illmatic74
Veteran

illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74

If the Chiefs decide Thigpen is the answer. If Hill is decided to be answer of the 49ers and the Vikings believe in Jackson. Bradford could be a possibility of the Jets.
"The system can never stop what's been set into motion,like volcanic eruptions on the floor of the ocean,my purpose is to burst through the surface emerse in the smoldering lava from verses surrounded by, Murder mami's (not bitches that's worthless) i cut chicken heads off (like hexes and curses),weapons i purchase make homeland security nervous, i run pockets & purses like subway searches under Masonic temples disguised as churches"- Immortal Technique
illmatic74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 07:37 PM    (permalink
nyjets5125
Rookie

nyjets5125 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

what do you guys think about taylor mays for us? i konw we would probably have to trade up for him, which we have shown wer not afraid to do (clemens, revis, and keller in the past 3 yrs)

i konw him and revis are both those center field type ballhawks, but you guys think they would work well together? i really like him and think hes gonna be a great player, just dont know if him and kerry would work well

i think S is a huge need this offseason, i liked elam goign into this year but he was just terrible and teams picked on him a lot throwing his way...rhodes and revis are so good but our secondary is not gonna be able to stop anybody with just those 2 guys
Old 01-05-2009, 12:18 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Depends a lot on what scheme we end up playing IMO. If we go 4-3 we'll really need all the picks we can get to replenish the front 7 with guys that fit the scheme. If we end up sticking with the 3-4 I'd be alright with it although I'd rather not trade up. The one thing Mays does really, really well is play deep centerfield and prevent big plays with his range. So his presence could allow more blitzing, more man coverage, and Rhodes to really roam around by the line of scrimmage or in coverage trying to make big plays without trying to cover Elam/Smith's ass. I like the fit but not sure trading up is the best idea...who knows maybe we get lucky and people are overrating him now and he slips to us. If not we're in good position to get a WR which is a pretty legit need.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:39 AM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Depends a lot on what scheme we end up playing IMO. If we go 4-3 we'll really need all the picks we can get to replenish the front 7 with guys that fit the scheme. If we end up sticking with the 3-4 I'd be alright with it although I'd rather not trade up. The one thing Mays does really, really well is play deep centerfield and prevent big plays with his range. So his presence could allow more blitzing, more man coverage, and Rhodes to really roam around by the line of scrimmage or in coverage trying to make big plays without trying to cover Elam/Smith's ass. I like the fit but not sure trading up is the best idea...who knows maybe we get lucky and people are overrating him now and he slips to us. If not we're in good position to get a WR which is a pretty legit need.
I would like Mays but not in a trade up. I dont care whether we stick in the 3-4 or move to the 4-3 I'm happy to have more picks. Once again not a feasible scenario, I would love to trade down a little and nab Britt. Then grab a couple of the following DT/S/CB/all the other needs we have discussed on D.

I'd throw this all out the window if Bradford somehow falls to us I'd jump on him, even if he falls close, I'd consider moving up a bit to get him. Even though I think he may need a little time, I love the guy. The accuracy, the ability to move the pocket, the intangibles.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:38 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
I would like Mays but not in a trade up. I dont care whether we stick in the 3-4 or move to the 4-3 I'm happy to have more picks. Once again not a feasible scenario, I would love to trade down a little and nab Britt. Then grab a couple of the following DT/S/CB/all the other needs we have discussed on D.

I'd throw this all out the window if Bradford somehow falls to us I'd jump on him, even if he falls close, I'd consider moving up a bit to get him. Even though I think he may need a little time, I love the guy. The accuracy, the ability to move the pocket, the intangibles.
Ditto the bold, I just meant that in the 3-4 we could maybe do it while in the 4-3 there's really no way we could do it and address all our needs. And a trade down for Britt would be sweet.

Bradford I like but the fact that his wideouts are sometimes so open there's nobody else in the picture scares me some.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:13 PM    (permalink
nyjets5125
Rookie

nyjets5125 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

yeah if stafford, bradford, or sanchez (if they all come out) fell to us, i would definitely want that, probably is what i want most from the draft, but wouldnt want to give up too much to move up to get one
Old 01-06-2009, 12:56 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Mays, but I highly doubt we'd go after him unless Mangini had more of a say in drafting than I assumed. I'd like Laurinaitis though and trade a later round pick for Troy Smith.

If we stayed in the 3-4, Tyson Jackson would be intriguing, as well as Maualuga or even Cushing (but Rey and Cushing would be like Mays). It's kind of hard to say what we'd do since we're kind of in a weird spot. I'd also like Vontae. If we went to the 4-3 I'd like Raji. I also really like Hakeem Nicks. He's almost my perfect receiver for us. Because of where we are the talent flow might allow us to get a real good O-Lineman though. That would be alright. OL or defense would be great with me (or Nicks). For the first round anyway.

Last edited by thetedginnshow : 01-06-2009 at 04:02 AM.
thetedginnshow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:26 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Ditto the bold, I just meant that in the 3-4 we could maybe do it while in the 4-3 there's really no way we could do it and address all our needs. And a trade down for Britt would be sweet.

Bradford I like but the fact that his wideouts are sometimes so open there's nobody else in the picture scares me some.
I just happen to have a man crush on Bradford, nothing I can do about it.

I think we may want to look at OL a little later, not round 1. We spent so much money on both 1st rounders and guys we've signed to solidify the line, I'm not sure how much more money we can dump into it with an early pick. Maybe a 4th round developmental guy to groom for RT.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:05 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Has anyone seen much of Sean Smith (S/CB from Utah)? Wondering if he'd be a good fit, haven't seen him play at all but based on the fact that he's a tweener that most people think will end up at safety it seems like he could be a decent FS. Just tough to know without watching him play.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:50 PM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Has anyone seen much of Sean Smith (S/CB from Utah)? Wondering if he'd be a good fit, haven't seen him play at all but based on the fact that he's a tweener that most people think will end up at safety it seems like he could be a decent FS. Just tough to know without watching him play.
I like him also because of his versatility. Him and Lowery could battle for CB, or S.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:52 PM    (permalink
FlutiesDropKick
Pro Bowler

FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If we don't get any of the top WRs (Crabtree or Maclin especially.....I think where we pick might be too high for Harvin cuz his injuries, Hayward-Bay would be ehhhh) how would you feel about Juaquin Iglesias is the second?

Sig thanks to VLS

My BC Iggles. (13-4)
FlutiesDropKick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 05:23 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Add Lafell to my list. Doesn't look like we'll be able to get Sanchez now though that Bradford won't be in it. But oh well. I can still hope for Troy...