Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Diego Chargers Team Forum

San Diego Chargers Team Forum Discuss the Bolts

Old 02-27-2007, 10:51 AM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.
Default Michael Turner

Is he still on the trade block? I hope the asking price still isnt a RD1 pick because no team will pay that.

I would give the Chrgers a 3rd RD pick and a conditional pick depending on his productivity (2nd RD threw 5th)

I dont believe the Chargers are desperate to trade him though and would only do it for the right price.
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 05:43 PM    (permalink
sdpads24
Veteran

sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.

Right now I think AJ is looking for a 1st and a conditional 3rd round pick from what I've heard. That is pretty unrealistic I must say.

Thanks to Bantx for the cool sig.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21
sdpads24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 06:11 PM    (permalink
SDSupaChargers
Rookie

SDSupaChargers hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SDSupaChargers hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think our best bet would probably be either Cleveland's or the Jet's (via Washington) second round pick, and I think we should take it because even if we resign him for a year he's walking after next year.
Old 02-27-2007, 06:47 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

I am not sure about the Browns organization, but as a fan, if we draft Calvin Johnson, I would be more than happy to give a 2nd for Turner.

But it seems were leaning towards Peterson, which would make Turner a non issue.

IMO the Browns should get CJ and then trade for Turner.
Old 02-28-2007, 01:56 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope we keep him and use him better than we did last year. Maybe Norv Turner will mix it up a little. You can't always plan for the future, especially when we are gunning for a Superbowl.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 03:00 AM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't be so sure about teams not giving up a #1 for him. The Broncos could be interested according to this article, and other teams. The Chargers have the ball in their court, and should tender him for a 1st rounder at least.

http://www.scrippsnews.com/node/19653
Old 03-01-2007, 05:18 PM    (permalink
bergo23
Rookie

bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.
Default Highest tender

The nice thing about AJ's tender is he will control if and where Turner goes. He has said he likes to keep it safe this year with his insurance policy.......then let him go and get us a end of the 3rd conditional pick in 2009....which is a safe move, but if someone knocks his socks off with an offer on draft day and a player he loves is available he can still pull the trigger.....and I am sure he will have those deals in order like he did with Manu for the 4th pick last year.

Detroit traded for Tatum Bell, so their high #2 pick is out...the Jets remain the team most likely to do something with their first, especially if players they like are gona at their pick in the first. Turner is a known commodity to Shotty Jr....and he would be the perfect compliment to Leon Washington in their backfield.

Turner probably stays, and provides IMPORTANT insurance for our run to the Lombardi, and I bet Norv finds ways to get him more involved even as an insurance policy. Norv lives by the running game, we need both horses if we are gonna make a title run.
bergo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 03:11 PM    (permalink
DonWoods33
Rookie

DonWoods33 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMontainya View Post
I am not sure about the Browns organization, but as a fan, if we draft Calvin Johnson, I would be more than happy to give a 2nd for Turner.

But it seems were leaning towards Peterson, which would make Turner a non issue.

IMO the Browns should get CJ and then trade for Turner.
You da man. I would take that in a heartbeat. What if they traded down and took Branch, and got another 2nd? And say got a corner like Aaron Ross. Then in the 3rd took hometown boy Troy Smith? That would be a good first day for the Brownies. Branch, Turner, Ross, and Smith. You might even get your old coach back next year!
DonWoods33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 05:32 PM    (permalink
BoltHype
Rookie

BoltHype hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

a team can do two different things if they want Turner:

1. Straight up trade picks/players to the Chargers and then work out a new deal with Turner, who will only have 1 year left on the contract.

2. Sign him to an offer sheet. Chargers will choose to decline to match the offer and the team that gets Turner loses their 1st and 3rd.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:12 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

If noone else shows interest, do you give up Turner for the Browns early 2nd round pick or do you prefer to keep him?
Old 03-03-2007, 07:17 PM    (permalink
DonWoods33
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltHype View Post
a team can do two different things if they want Turner:

1. Straight up trade picks/players to the Chargers and then work out a new deal with Turner, who will only have 1 year left on the contract.

2. Sign him to an offer sheet. Chargers will choose to decline to match the offer and the team that gets Turner loses their 1st and 3rd.
The trade would probably be contingent on the new team getting him to agree to a longer team deal. And trade probably won't happen until near the draft. So some of the contract details will have to worked out by then. Of course the Chargers are on the hook to the guy this year for 2.5 million. I guess thats why AJ Smith gets paid the big bucks.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:06 AM    (permalink
bergo23
Rookie

bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.
Default Dillon

Corey Dillon to the Jets makes a lot of sense, Mangenius sticks it to Belly and Co, he is the perfect combo to Leon Washington.......so that is a strike against us for them giving up their first rounder to get Turner.
bergo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 01:42 PM    (permalink
zdh87
Rookie

zdh87 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerCohen View Post
I hope we keep him and use him better than we did last year. Maybe Norv Turner will mix it up a little. You can't always plan for the future, especially when we are gunning for a Superbowl.
I think we used him pretty well...The Burner and LT basically split carries early on, which I think contributed to LT's late season freshness...usually, towards the end of the season he's a bit worn, but he was just as sick late as early...though, I would like the offense to use him more late in the season, in 2 Back sets and short yardage just to protect LT.

They should protect The Burner like the Falcons do with Matt Schaub...if you want him, pay for him...we have tons of cap room and can afford to resign him
Old 03-06-2007, 12:38 AM    (permalink
sdpads24
Veteran

sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.

Well Jets are pretty much out of the question with their trade for Thomas Jones

RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21
Old 03-07-2007, 12:52 PM    (permalink
DonWoods33
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdpads24 View Post
Well Jets are pretty much out of the question with their trade for Thomas Jones
Well there is still Cleveland...
Old 03-07-2007, 01:02 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

We wouldnt give up our 2nd round pick for him. We would only give up a third. And I doubt you will be able to trade the guy. Especialyl asking for a 1st when hes never carried the load before.

Your just seriously overrating the guy. He will walk in FA when his 1 year contract is up and you wont get any compensation for him. Maybe a supplemental pick.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:04 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

"we have tons of cap room and can afford to resign him"

He wont resign to be a career back-up. He can make starter money on another team. hes alot like lamont Jordan. Both tore it up in limited action.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:13 PM    (permalink
DonWoods33
Rookie

Quote:
We wouldnt give up our 2nd round pick for him. We would only give up a third. And I doubt you will be able to trade the guy. Especialyl asking for a 1st when hes never carried the load before.

Your just seriously overrating the guy. He will walk in FA when his 1 year contract is up and you wont get any compensation for him. Maybe a supplemental pick.
Alright I will take your 41 but I need something next year a conditional 3rd if he plays in over 50% of the snaps.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:48 AM    (permalink
defensiveback23
Veteran

defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.

Quote:
"we have tons of cap room and can afford to resign him"

He wont resign to be a career back-up. He can make starter money on another team. hes alot like lamont Jordan. Both tore it up in limited action.
Turner is faster and a heck of a lot more powerdul than Jordan.

If we end up keeping Turner this year, I would not be surprised to see us franchise him next year. We have the cap room to keep him if we want to but it means that we will still be able to trade him and get some value.
defensiveback23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 11:19 AM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Nobody will give up a 1st and 3rd for Turner. Turner will stay in SD and hold out or be traded for a lesser price. He knows his worth and how high his stock is right now. He won't want to spend another year backing up LT. He can get a contract similar to what McGahee got, if he goes to another team. The market for a RB is fading fast and there are only a couple teams left with a huge need for a RB. The Giants may be one of those teams. You guys need a Safety, we need a RB. I have a proposition. Michael Turner for Gibril Wilson straight up. Would you do that deal?
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 01:20 PM    (permalink
BoltHype
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post
Nobody will give up a 1st and 3rd for Turner. Turner will stay in SD and hold out or be traded for a lesser price. He knows his worth and how high his stock is right now. He won't want to spend another year backing up LT. He can get a contract similar to what McGahee got, if he goes to another team. The market for a RB is fading fast and there are only a couple teams left with a huge need for a RB. The Giants may be one of those teams. You guys need a Safety, we need a RB. I have a proposition. Michael Turner for Gibril Wilson straight up. Would you do that deal?
we know that a 1st and 3rd will be hard to give up. thats why AJ did it. so that we control him. we can always TRADE him for less, but no one will come in and sign him away from us if they have to give up a 1st and 3rd.

we wouldnt want wilson for turner straight up tho. you guys would need to toss in your second rounder at least.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:25 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltHype View Post
we know that a 1st and 3rd will be hard to give up. thats why AJ did it. so that we control him. we can always TRADE him for less, but no one will come in and sign him away from us if they have to give up a 1st and 3rd.

we wouldnt want wilson for turner straight up tho. you guys would need to toss in your second rounder at least.
Not happening. Look at what Willis McGahee was traded for. A third and a fifth. I would take McGahee over Turner any day of the week. Nobody is giving a 1st and 3rd for Turner. The market is fading fast, and Smith better move him soon. Turner will not want to stay as a backup and will hold out, become a free agent next year, and you guys will get nothing in return for him. Wilson has 2nd round comp. on him, is just as young as Turner, and far more productive at his respective position.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 11:15 AM    (permalink
clumping platelets
Rookie

clumping platelets hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Would the Chargers be interested in swapping 1st rd picks with the Bills?

Bills send 12th overall and 7th from Balt to SD for 30th overall, RB Turner, and mid rd pick in 08
clumping platelets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 05:45 PM    (permalink
sdpads24
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clumping platelets View Post

Bills send 12th overall and 7th from Balt to SD for 30th overall, RB Turner, and mid rd pick in 08
Thats an interesting possibilty. AJ would have to consider that.

RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21
Old 03-10-2007, 07:11 PM    (permalink
BoltHype
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by clumping platelets View Post

I asked charger fans about this about a week ago except it was a swap with the Giants at pick 20. about 80% of fans said NO to the idea, but it might be a different story will the bills because we would have a shot at Landry or Nelson.