Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Indianapolis Colts Team Forum

Indianapolis Colts Team Forum Discuss the Colts

Old 08-30-2008, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone think it would be worthwhile to bring Montae Reagor in for a look? I'd think he could be added at the expense of Josh Thomas if he has anything left.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 12:26 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd pass on Reagor, I think.

First off, he had arthroscopic knee surgery two weeks or so ago, which led to an injury settlement with the Eagles (curious that his name is being mentioned with the deadline releases). He'll probably recover in two or three weeks, but still. It's a young man's game inside, I would rather just promote Colin Ferrell from the practice squad (hopefully they sign him).

Both Reagor and Larry Tripplett are available, but their time with the Colts is probably in the past as is the case with Josh Williams. Those days are past. And I remember the Colts defense with Reagor, it wasn't anything to write home about.

If there's one veteran tackle I would like to bring back, it would be Booger McFarland, but who knows where he's at in his recovery from a major knee injury suffered last summer.

But there's a number of tackles who might be worth looking into, some young guys who haven't been able to stick with a roster. Keith Jackson, Jeremy Clark, Antonio Johnson are all guys from the '07 Draft who were cut, for example. Perhaps one of them could add some good size and effort inside.
Old 08-31-2008, 09:18 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jaime Silva????

UGH, he's too slow.

I wanted Condren on the team.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 09:20 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Silva good on special teams? Tbh I didn't see much of him at all.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 09:37 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not going to knock Bill's and Tony's decisions too much. These 2 forgot more about football then I've ever known.

There were a lot of good players in camp this year and it was clear that someone wasn't going to make it.

The guys that I'm sorry to see go are Devin Aromashodu, Colin Ferrel (P.S. please), Brannon Condren, Chad Simpson (P.S. please) and Michael Toudouze.

While among those that made it, the only beef I have is with Silva. I just think his upside is too limited but if he is as great on ST as advertised then he would certainly be a welcome addition.

Last edited by MaxV : 08-31-2008 at 09:47 AM.
Old 08-31-2008, 09:55 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Here's the depth chart:

http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=depth
Old 08-31-2008, 09:57 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Keyunta Dawson as starting DT, yuck! Move Brock back over to DT and start Thomas or Mathis at end. I'm really worried about our Run D this year, we need Dawson to step it up HUGE or the Big Cat to be even more dominating.

Old 08-31-2008, 09:59 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I'm hoping Foster is the answer.
Old 08-31-2008, 09:59 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

I'd like him to be as well, anyone but Dawson from what I have seen.

Old 08-31-2008, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Colts claimed former Packers defensive tackle Daniel Muir off waivers. Muir is listed at 6-2/298, and is decribed by Rotoworld as an interior pass rusher. The Packers like their defensive tackles to be a little heavier than that listed 298, but maybe he could be a better fit for the Colts.

So who gets released to make a spot for Muir? My guess is defensive end Curtis Johnson. Maybe the Colts, in cunning fashion, waited to waive him now after rosters and practice squads have been filled so that they can get him on their own practice squad. But we'll find out soon who it really is.

The Rams claimed former Colts safety Brannon Condren. Good for Condren, he was bound to be picked up because he can be a good #3 or #4 safety elsewhere. The Colts are deep at safety though, Melvin Bullitt is a fantastic depth guy and Jamie Silva looks to follow his UDFA stead.

Last edited by Geo : 08-31-2008 at 04:34 PM.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 04:39 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

hmmm, Muir sounds like a decent fit, I'm reasonably optimistic about that pickup, as long as it wont be at the expense of Foster.

Old 08-31-2008, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

I'd sooner cut Jordan Senn that our (and scottyboy's!) beloved new Colts player Eric Foster.

I wonder if anyone will claim linebacker Michael Okwo.
Old 08-31-2008, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Anybody see my barrel? Is that- no wait, that's just Daniel Muir's upper body
Look at that panther-like agility
Yet still kind to old people

I can't wait to see him in action.

Last edited by Geo : 08-31-2008 at 06:04 PM.
Old 08-31-2008, 05:43 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Two of the pics don't work for me Geo :S

Old 08-31-2008, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Okay, hopefully they work now.

Last edited by Geo : 08-31-2008 at 06:04 PM.
Old 08-31-2008, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Jaime Silva????

UGH, he's too slow.

I wanted Condren on the team.
Silva outplayed Condren in every aspect this preseason. Condren was tentative, Silva was aggressive, Condren would sit back in coverage, Silva would deliver the hit on arrival of the ball. Condren never has made a play that I've seen on STs, Silva was all over the place on STs. Granted, it's preseason, but you can tell that you're going to get a lot more from Jamie Silva than you are from Brannon Condren. Remember that John Lynch ran a 4.7 40, slow guys can work in this defense if they're instinctive and aggressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
Is Silva good on special teams? Tbh I didn't see much of him at all.
Silva was excellent on both D and ST. He nearly blocked a punt at least once (I want to say twice), and he was a part of the vastly improved kick coverage units the team has displayed in the preseason. I can't say I wouldn't be the slightest bit afraid of kicking it to Devin Hester, but I'm a lot less worried about it for the opener next Sunday than I was for Super Bowl XLI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
I'd sooner cut Jordan Senn that our (and scottyboy's!) beloved new Colts player Eric Foster.

I wonder if anyone will claim linebacker Michael Okwo.
I'd sooner cut Josh Thomas than anyone else to get Muir on the roster.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
Old 08-31-2008, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Silva was noted as being a special teams maven coming out of Boston College, if I recall. I know some Colts fans are ticked to see Condren go, and for whatever insane reason a few think he's better than Bullitt, but I'm not sad to see Silva out-play him and warrant a spot. We knew Silva would make a case for himself, UDFA or not, he's legit.

The Colts have to be an ideal team for UDFAs, they give as good a shot for them as any other team in the league if not moreso. Even if they outperform draft picks in some cases. Pitcock didn't work ultimately out, but the Colts got Ed Johnson that same year. Condren didn't work out, but the Colts got Bullitt and Silva. Good stuff.
Old 08-31-2008, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

I know it sounds insane but I have a really good gut feeling about Muir. Even moreso than when the Colts signed Roby in the offseason. A hunch tells me he's going to come at this hungry and it will work out well, he's going to stick.
Old 08-31-2008, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

The Colts have claimed linebacker Buster Davis, of the Detroit Lions and former 2007 third round pick of the Arizona Cardinals.

Last edited by Geo : 08-31-2008 at 07:33 PM.
Old 08-31-2008, 09:46 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I remember Buster Davis. Many on this board though he would be a 1st rounder.

He was obviously overrated, but perhaps he can still make a career for himself in Indy.

I hope Muir shows will be positive addition to our DT rotation.

We'll have to make 2 cuts. Who?
Old 08-31-2008, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

He was considered a 1st rounder by Scott at one point, similar to Pitcock that same season. Of course the customary tradition is to give the Colts every linebacker in the first round every year. :p

My guesses for cuts are Jordan Senn and Curtis Johnson. Both guys to be signed to the practice squad if possible, Johnson might be a bit of a risk as a talented pass rusher.

As for Davis, I don't think it's a bad move. I wonder if he'll stick though.
Old 08-31-2008, 10:44 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I keep hearing that Daniel Federkeil's name being mentioned as a possible cut. I'm not sure we can afford to cut a OL, with all the injuries.

I like Jordan Seen, but if it's between him and Curtis Johnson, I'd choose to keep CuJO.
Old 08-31-2008, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

If the Colts were to cut Federkeil, that would leave Corey Hilliard alone as the only healthy offensive lineman who isn't starting against the Bears. Very risky. Usually seven offensive linemen are active on gamedays.

Unless Pollak can be healthy enough to play Week 1, maybe.
Old 09-01-2008, 03:21 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:

He was obviously overrated, but perhaps he can still make a career for himself in Indy.

I hope Muir shows will be positive addition to our DT rotation.

We'll have to make 2 cuts. Who?
Hopefully Josh Thomas and Buster Davis. Wishful thinking? Yes, but if those two are on the team, they will be the two worst players on the team.

Quote:
Old 09-01-2008, 03:34 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Are you sure you're not thinking of the WR? I don't remember anyone thinking the LB would be a first rounder.