Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who?
Darren McFadden 27 18.24%
Adrian Peterson 121 81.76%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-30-2008, 07:50 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peterson, and its not close for me. At this point, as well as coming out as a prospect. I am probably alone, but coming out as a prospect i would have taken Peterson no doubt. Only question was durability for me. His character puts it over the edge.

I'm a Jet fan who wasn't hopng for McFadden

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 07:57 PM    (permalink
RaiderFan
Rookie

RaiderFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

McFadden he is just too explosive.
RaiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 08:00 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderFan View Post
McFadden he is just too explosive.
Gee, Convinced me! I bet your opinion has nothing to do wit your username, eh?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll take Peterson's "injury concerns" and fantastic character over someone with some baggage.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
I'll take Peterson's "injury concerns" and fantastic character over someone with some baggage.
Yeah, OJ Simpson never produced at the pro level.
Old 04-30-2008, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
Yeah, OJ Simpson never produced at the pro level.
Someone with off-the-field problems back then is different than it is now. Roger Goodell wasn't commissioner in the 70's.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 08:43 PM    (permalink
RaiderFan
Rookie

Talking

Quote:
Someone with off-the-field problems back then is different than it is now. Roger Goodell wasn't commissioner in the 70's.
A 20 year old Kid got in some fights, and maybe he likes pu$$y too much. Big Deal

I like Peterson i thought he was awesome last year but you can't ignore his injury problems. If he keeps taking leg injuries he will slow down very quickly. I Believe McFadden will have more longevity and Similar if not better numbers.
I may be a little biased
We shall see.
Old 04-30-2008, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Young Legend
Veteran

Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.

Justin Fargas is gonna be Oakland number 1 back this year. He is gonna get most of the carriers McFadden will get some touches but will be more involved in the passing game. He should have around 60 catches..
Old 04-30-2008, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Young Legend
Veteran

Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.

Quote:
LOL, But has J.Allen in his Avi.
Old 04-30-2008, 08:47 PM    (permalink
RaiderFan
Rookie

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Legend View Post
LOL, But has J.Allen in his Avi.
Exactly the guy one DUI away from a 1 Year suspension.
Old 04-30-2008, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Mendenhall is closer to Peterson than McFadden.
Quote:
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i really have no idea why people think mcfadden was a better prospect coming out of college. change of direction ability, ball security, character issues, and the formation he ran out of in college are all concerns when talking about him. the only negatives you have on peterson were his health and receiving skills.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we dont know if Peterson's wonderous season was a fluke. I wnt to see him do it again and again which i doubt he does. I expect him to be good a top 10 pro bowler maybe but teams will prepare better for him, if his legs take more pounding he will slow down unless he learns to use his pads. I cant see AD matching his rookie year. I will say McFadden has a shot at being just as good or better but I wont say anything about him because the kid still has to play. I would still take McFadden over AD

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
we dont know if Peterson's wonderous season was a fluke. I wnt to see him do it again and again which i doubt he does. I expect him to be good a top 10 pro bowler maybe but teams will prepare better for him, if his legs take more pounding he will slow down unless he learns to use his pads. I cant see AD matching his rookie year. I will say McFadden has a shot at being just as good or better but I wont say anything about him because the kid still has to play. I would still take McFadden over AD
Of course you would.

I really don't see one logical reason why anyone would take McFadden over Peterson right now.
Quote:
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:27 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post

I think that if Adrian Peterson was on the Raiders you would be arguing for him but he isn't so you go with what you got.... McFadden.
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not really...i neve liked AD when he was on oklahoma....when someone told me the raiders should take him which i heard a lot from Raider fans from where i live i thought they were stupid.....i sincerely believe McFadden will be better.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:34 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

I think AD is the better "true" running back of the two.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:36 PM    (permalink
RaiderFan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
I think that if Adrian Peterson was on the Raiders you would be arguing for him but he isn't so you go with what you got.... McFadden.
McFadden has been more Productive and less injury prone. And he possesses just as much Physical Talent. If McFadden Came out in 2007 he would have been picked before Peterson, because he is a better prospect.

Vision=McFadden
Upper Body Power = Tied
Lower Body Power= Peterson
Speed=McFadden
Acceleration=McFadden
Offensive Line= Peterson
Blocking Scheme= McFadden
College Production= McFadden
Combine measurables = Slight egde too McFadden for the speed

Who is a Better NFL Player= To be detirmined at a later time
Old 04-30-2008, 10:12 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm sorry, but how can they be "injury concerns" when he did get injured last year?
Old 04-30-2008, 10:13 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
I'm sorry, but how can they be "injury concerns" when he did get injured last year?
he was injured last year and that is why he didn't win the rushing title I think he missed 2 or 3 games
Old 04-30-2008, 10:37 PM    (permalink
RaiderFan
Rookie

After Peterson's injury his Production dropped Tremendously
Pre Injury- the first 11 he had 169 Carries 1081 Yards 6.3 YPC
Post injury- the last 5 games he had 69 Carries for 260 Yards, 3.7 YPC

This guy has big injury concerns
Old 04-30-2008, 10:40 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This really isn't much of a contest for me, its AD.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:41 PM    (permalink
gdamac
Veteran

gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.

All things being equal I would have to go with the one year vet over the rookie. Personally I don't care who's better I just hope Dmac helps us gets a few more wins.

Last edited by gdamac : 04-30-2008 at 10:46 PM.
gdamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 10:46 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And just to clarify something, I think Run DMC is a hell of a back and he will be a beast in the NFL, but when u look at the O-Lines of the Vikes and Raiders, thats not even a contest. And a RB can't run anywhere without an O-Line, so thats the reason for the my comment above.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:49 PM    (permalink
asmitty45
Veteran

asmitty45 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Definitely Peterson, especially if jackson/booty can make the vertical game a threat. teams stacked the box against them all day last year and he still was unstoppable.

I think Dmac will lose some carries to Fargas too.

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21
asmitty45 is offline   Reply With Quote