Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who?
Darren McFadden 27 18.24%
Adrian Peterson 121 81.76%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-30-2008, 10:50 PM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

kmartin575 needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
I hear the Oakland coaching staff wants Fargas to be the starter there and DMca to be the compliment back who can catch out of the backfield, the kind who gets 500 yards or so while Fargas gets 1000+. While that's what they want I think we'll probably see DMac get 1000+ and Fargas get near 1000 like AD/Taylor did in Minnesota last year. But no doubt Peterson is gonna have another 1500+ yard season while splitting carries.
Another 1,500+ yard season? He would have to have one 1,500+ yard season to begin with to have another.
kmartin575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 10:53 PM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
we dont know if Peterson's wonderous season was a fluke. I wnt to see him do it again and again which i doubt he does. I expect him to be good a top 10 pro bowler maybe but teams will prepare better for him, if his legs take more pounding he will slow down unless he learns to use his pads. I cant see AD matching his rookie year. I will say McFadden has a shot at being just as good or better but I wont say anything about him because the kid still has to play. I would still take McFadden over AD
That makes no sense at all. Even with just one season to base Peterson's future off of it is still more than no seasons for McFadden.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:54 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unfair comparisons at this point in time. More like AD vs Lynch but that's already been debated far too heavily.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 10:56 PM    (permalink
gdamac
Veteran

gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
And just to clarify something, I think Run DMC is a hell of a back and he will be a beast in the NFL, but when u look at the O-Lines of the Vikes and Raiders, thats not even a contest. And a RB can't run anywhere without an O-Line, so thats the reason for the my comment above.

For the record we can run block, and Harris may be a bum in pass protect, he helped Gore get 1,600 yards. Our line should be OK.

gdamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 12:31 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AD's line is good, Run-DMC's line sucks, simple as that.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 12:36 AM    (permalink
RaiderFan
Rookie

RaiderFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
didn't this line that sucks put 270 yards Rushing on the Dolphins last year with Fargas? Do you Remember that?
RaiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 12:42 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All damn day.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 06:49 AM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdamac View Post
For the record we can run block, and Harris may be a bum in pass protect, he helped Gore get 1,600 yards. Our line should be OK.
Saying Harris helped Gore get 1,600 yards is like saying John Welbourn or Casey Wiegmann helped Larry Johnson get 1,789 yards in 2006. And IMO your run blocking last year was an anomally.
Old 05-01-2008, 06:52 AM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderFan View Post
didn't this line that sucks put 270 yards Rushing on the Dolphins last year with Fargas? Do you Remember that?
Miami was also dead last in run defense last year. Whoopty freaking doo. Most of Oakland's good games on the ground came against crappy run defenses. I mean, Oakland had 4 games alone against KC and Denver which were 2 of the bottom 5 teams in run defense.
Old 05-01-2008, 09:17 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AD by far if he can just stay health and that might be a major if.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 09:53 AM    (permalink
gdamac
Veteran

gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmartin575 View Post
Saying Harris helped Gore get 1,600 yards is like saying John Welbourn or Casey Wiegmann helped Larry Johnson get 1,789 yards in 2006. And IMO your run blocking last year was an anomally.
I am not the only person who thinks that Harris can run block at least some, but you may be right I didn't follow the 9ers that year.

I am not trying to say they were better than they really were and I certainly won't make any predictions, but it's very easy to think they were an anomaly, they've sucked for so long. But I don't think so, I think they were overrated because they played weak comp, but this year the comp gets even weaker and it's the second year in the system. We'll see, I think they will be pretty good at run blocking.

Old 05-01-2008, 10:03 AM    (permalink
gdamac
Veteran

Quote:
Miami was also dead last in run defense last year. Whoopty freaking doo. Most of Oakland's good games on the ground came against crappy run defenses. I mean, Oakland had 4 games alone against KC and Denver which were 2 of the bottom 5 teams in run defense.
You make a great point in '07 we played crap run defenses:

13 games against teams ranked 14th or worse.
9 games against teams ranked 19th or worse.
8 games against teams ranked 23rd or worse.

Average opponent is ranked 19th against the run.

However this is even more in our favor in 2008

14 games against teams ranked 13th or worse
13 games against teams ranked 16th or worse
8 games against teams ranked 25th or worse.

Average opponent is ranked 21st against the run.

The only way it could be better is if we played our own run defense!

Those are their 2007 rankings of course, some of those teams have improved their run defense, but how much and how many have yet to be seen.

I still think Peterson will do better he is a one year vet and McFadden is a rookie, and I still don't care as long as McFadden helps us get wins.

Last edited by gdamac : 05-01-2008 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Fixed typo in the word "defenses"
Old 05-01-2008, 10:09 AM    (permalink
gdamac
Veteran

For the record, I also crunched the Vikings '08 opponents and their '07 run D ranking:

TEN: 5
NYG: 8
ARI: 9

JAC: 11
NO: 13
GB: 14 (X2)
IND: 15

TB: 17
CAR: 18
HOU: 19

DET: 23 (X2)
CHI: 24 (X2)
ATL: 26

average defense rank vs. the run 16th

Slightly better defenses, but a better OL so it more than evens out and Peterson should still do better. Honestly I don't care, just kind of a geek for numbers.

Old 05-01-2008, 10:10 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
Trust me our OL is much improved especially run blocking ever since the ZBS was implemented by the new coaching staff.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 10:12 AM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

Quote:
I am not the only person who thinks that Harris can run block at least some, but you may be right I didn't follow the 9ers that year.

I am not trying to say they were better than they really were and I certainly won't make any predictions, but it's very easy to think they were an anomaly, they've sucked for so long. But I don't think so, I think they were overrated because they played weak comp, but this year the comp gets even weaker and it's the second year in the system. We'll see, I think they will be pretty good at run blocking.
The competition in the division won't be weaker though. I believe KC and Denver both will have better run defenses this year.

And I'm not trying to say Harris isn't a good run blocker. I really don't know. But you can't really credit one player for the performance of Frank Gore in 2006.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:38 AM    (permalink
gdamac
Veteran

Quote:
The competition in the division won't be weaker though. I believe KC and Denver both will have better run defenses this year.

And I'm not trying to say Harris isn't a good run blocker. I really don't know. But you can't really credit one player for the performance of Frank Gore in 2006.
Agreed on both (unfortunately when it comes to division teams). I just hope we play enough weak run defenses that they can win a few more games than last year.

Old 05-01-2008, 10:52 AM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

Quote:
Agreed on both (unfortunately when it comes to division teams). I just hope we play enough weak run defenses that they can win a few more games than last year.
Improving on the ground won't be the determing factor IMO. Even with the 6th ranked rush offense last year you guys were still 4-12. The difference for the Raiders IMO will be the development of Russell. If the passing game doesn't improve then McFadden really won't make much of a difference. But if the passing game does improve then watch out. So of course, as a Chiefs fan, I have to hope for Russell to be a bust. I'm sure you understand :)

Of course, that is also where Kwame Harris becomes the problem. It might be a good thing that Russell is big because if Kwame Harris is starting at left tackle Russell will get hit alot.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:17 AM    (permalink
gdamac
Veteran

Quote:
Improving on the ground won't be the determing factor IMO. Even with the 6th ranked rush offense last year you guys were still 4-12. The difference for the Raiders IMO will be the development of Russell. If the passing game doesn't improve then McFadden really won't make much of a difference. But if the passing game does improve then watch out. So of course, as a Chiefs fan, I have to hope for Russell to be a bust. I'm sure you understand :)

Of course, that is also where Kwame Harris becomes the problem. It might be a good thing that Russell is big because if Kwame Harris is starting at left tackle Russell will get hit alot.
Yep, you're right. And don't worry, I am hoping your SEC stud is a bust too :) for the sake of our run and pass game! But it will all come down to the trenches and what Cable can do with Kwame Harris. We should have hedged our bets by grabbing Tony Hills or some one.

I sort of, kind of hope Croyle works out. Because if he and Russell live up to expectations the AFC west will have 4 good young QBs and that would be pretty fun to watch. But if Croyle busts I am cool with that too. Big vote of confidence that 0/13 picks went to QB.

Old 05-01-2008, 11:37 AM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peterson without a doubt!
Old 05-01-2008, 11:47 AM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe AP, maybe AD.

the best thing that ever happened to mcfadden was what AP did, he wont come close in my opinion. AP's lower body is a horse, Mcfaddens is a flamingo.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 12:05 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No chance. Peterson by a long shot. McFadden isn't even going to start. The ONLY chance is that Peterson AND Fargas get injured severely.
Old 05-01-2008, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
Peterson has to go up against the Packers twice a year, so definately McFadden...
What does that have to do with it? Against the Packers Adrian carried the ball a total of 23 times for 157 yards and a 6.8 avg.

I don't even know why this is a question obviously barring injury Adrian Peterson will have a better season than Darren McFadden.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 12:52 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
What does that have to do with it? Against the Packers Adrian carried the ball a total of 23 times for 157 yards and a 6.8 avg.

I don't even know why this is a question obviously barring injury Adrian Peterson will have a better season than Darren McFadden.
Yeah, just hope Al Harris isn't a dirty little b**** again.
Old 05-01-2008, 12:53 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katnip View Post
But isn't Run DMC the next great thing? The once in a decade running back.
This talk really annoys me when someone says that about a prospect every year...
Old 05-01-2008, 01:17 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Yeah, just hope Al Harris isn't a dirty little b**** again.
As much as I would like to blame Al Harris, I have been in full belief that his hit wasn't meant to be dirty. It was a very awkward tackle. I think it was accidental. I knew his knee was messed up before he even hit the ground. At least he didn't go Chris Gamble on Peterson.