Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who?
Darren McFadden 27 18.24%
Adrian Peterson 121 81.76%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-01-2008, 02:45 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The bottom line: D-Mac could put up 1500 and it still wouldn't justify passing on Glenn Dorsey.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 03:03 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.

McFadden's disgusting acceleration in a ZBS is a nasty fit. Fargas will start the season as the starter but DMC will wrestle the starting spot quickly.
TheGreatEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 03:31 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderFan View Post
didn't this line that sucks put 270 yards Rushing on the Dolphins last year with Fargas? Do you Remember that?
Going against studs like Steve Fifita, Matt Roth, Donnie Spragan, and Cameron Worrell of our horribly injury-depleted defense last year.

Yeah, good argument smart guy. Especially when Barry Sims, who was probably you're best option at OT, is gone now and you have your #2 overall pick OT playing at guard now. You know what, you're right! Damn that line is BALLIN!

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell

Last edited by thebow305 : 05-01-2008 at 03:34 PM.
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 03:39 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Run DMC does but it will likely be AD if he stays healthy. These 2 are my favorite RB's in the league

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 04:11 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
McFadden he is just too explosive.
something Peterson obviously isn't......

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 04:12 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
something Peterson obviously isn't......
Don't even try and argue with Raider myopia.
Old 05-01-2008, 04:15 PM    (permalink
RaiderFan
Rookie

RaiderFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
Going against studs like Steve Fifita, Matt Roth, Donnie Spragan, and Cameron Worrell of our horribly injury-depleted defense last year.

Yeah, good argument smart guy. Especially when Barry Sims, who was probably you're best option at OT, is gone now and you have your #2 overall pick OT playing at guard now. You know what, you're right! Damn that line is BALLIN!

Whatever helps you sleep at night.
Barry Sims wasn't the best lineman he was the worst, and was the first to get cut when the season ended. And Gallery Played really well at Lg, when we Ran to the Left we Averaged 4.8 Yards per Carry. So maybe you should get more information before you make comments, smart guy.
RaiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 04:16 PM    (permalink
RaiderFan
Rookie

Nobody ever Considered Peterson the " The best RB Prospect of the Decade" and there is a good reason for that.
Old 05-01-2008, 04:18 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Actually, no one considered McFadden that. That term was thrown around the most with Bush, and then Peterson. McFadden wasnt even the number 1 RB in some people's boards.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 04:23 PM    (permalink
RaiderFan
Rookie

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Actually, no one considered McFadden that. That term was thrown around the most with Bush, and then Peterson. McFadden wasnt even the number 1 RB in some people's boards.
Plenty of People have said McFadden is the Best RB prospect of the decade.
People never Called bush the best Running back Prospect. The Said he was a great weapon with Versatility. And Peterson was never Considered or called the best RB prospect he was thought to lack Versatility and had injury concerns.

Maybe i am biased, but lets be serious McFadden is a Much better Prospect than Peterson. IMO.
Old 05-01-2008, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Neither was Peterson, but that is neither here or there.

People are getting pretty worked up over a pretty simply question. Can McFadden outproduce Peterson this year? Yes, he absolutely can. He's coming into a better running team than Minnesota was when Peterson showed up, he's going to be facing less great run defenses than Peterson will be, and I personally think that Fargas is probably less of a hill for McFadden to climb than Chester Taylor was for Peterson.

Add in the fact that Peterson hasn't played a whole season since his freshman year of college, and I'm not sure why McFadden putting up similar numbers to Peterson is all that hard to imagine.
Old 05-01-2008, 04:42 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:

Maybe i am biased, but lets be serious McFadden is a Much better Prospect than Peterson. IMO.
What a joke. I honestly was prepared to admit to being a little biased, because I might be blinded by my utter dismissal of the Raiders. But this line sealed it for me. Clearly you don't know a lot about the draft or prospect stock status. Everyone and their mom knew how high AD's ceiling was and is. McFadden has a lot of talent but it's not even an even comparison. Production wise who knows, it's all about the situation and I'm not about to bet against the Vikings O-line when held up to the Raiders.

But I can tell you without question who the better prospect was, and so can every other member of this board.
Old 05-01-2008, 04:55 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
Neither was Peterson, but that is neither here or there.

People are getting pretty worked up over a pretty simply question. Can McFadden outproduce Peterson this year? Yes, he absolutely can. He's coming into a better running team than Minnesota was when Peterson showed up, he's going to be facing less great run defenses than Peterson will be, and I personally think that Fargas is probably less of a hill for McFadden to climb than Chester Taylor was for Peterson.

Add in the fact that Peterson hasn't played a whole season since his freshman year of college, and I'm not sure why McFadden putting up similar numbers to Peterson is all that hard to imagine.
Eh. That is debatable. Alot of people had thought that Adrian Peterson was one of the best pure runningbacks they had seen.

And I agree with everything else you wrote (if you look on the first page, my post is pretty similar).

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 05-01-2008, 05:08 PM    (permalink
661rep
Rookie

661rep hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Maybe Iím the only one, but I feel that Run DMC had the better collegiate career of the two and played in the tougher SEC conference. So I would say that Run DMC was the better prospect of the two... I really can see how anyone can say otherwise when you compare their college careers. Also I believe McFadden is 2 years and change younger then AD.

The Raiders coaching staff can say whatever they want to say about Fargas starting until training camp starts. When they see Run DMC & Fargas in training camp Iím sure they will change their mind. Also why is everyone acting like Fargas is great? He had one good year on his contract year so it donít surprise me. He is injury prone and he managed to get hurt at the end of the season.
661rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Rjspartan
Veteran

Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.

i would take mcfadden if i could have another back to complement his explosiveness, but for a every down back i would take peterson.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Matt Barkley will be the best QB to be selected in the Top 5 since Peyton Manning.
Rjspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 05:14 PM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

kmartin575 needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Plenty of People have said McFadden is the Best RB prospect of the decade.
People never Called bush the best Running back Prospect. The Said he was a great weapon with Versatility. And Peterson was never Considered or called the best RB prospect he was thought to lack Versatility and had injury concerns.

Yes, you are biased.

And No, McFadden is not a much better prospect. It has been proven that guys who are fast but cannot break tackles often will not excel in the NFL.
kmartin575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 05:18 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's an interesting question. Probably DMC, because Darren in that scheme could go hogwild.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 05:18 PM    (permalink
661rep
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjspartan View Post
i would take mcfadden if i could have another back to complement his explosiveness, but for a every down back i would take peterson.

Thats the thing about AD tho... for some reason he just can't stay healthy. He couldn't stay healthy and he had C.Taylor to help him carry the load. One of the biggest knocks about AD... although I love watching him is that he is just too violent of a runner. A lot of scouts and analyst predicted a short career for AD because of his running style. I just don't think AP could be a every down back with his violent running style.
Old 05-01-2008, 05:26 PM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 661rep View Post
Maybe Iím the only one, but I feel that Run DMC had the better collegiate career of the two and played in the tougher SEC conference. So I would say that Run DMC was the better prospect of the two... I really can see how anyone can say otherwise when you compare their college careers. Also I believe McFadden is 2 years and change younger then AD.

The Raiders coaching staff can say whatever they want to say about Fargas starting until training camp starts. When they see Run DMC & Fargas in training camp Iím sure they will change their mind. Also why is everyone acting like Fargas is great? He had one good year on his contract year so it donít surprise me. He is injury prone and he managed to get hurt at the end of the season.
Peterson's 1,925 yards as a freshman are more than McFadden ever put up in a season. McFadden only finished his career with roughly 400 more yards than Peterson despite the fact that Peterson missed 7 games over his last 2 years at Oklahoma and missed more than two quarters of action in 3 games in 2005. I would hardly say McFadden had the better career. Peterson's freshman season blew any season of McFadden's out of the water. Peterson also finished with more rushing touchdowns.

It should also be noted that Peterson gained 71% of his yards after contact in college, something McFadden could only dream of doing.
Old 05-01-2008, 05:28 PM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
It's an interesting question. Probably DMC, because Darren in that scheme could go hogwild.
Being fast alone does not make a great runningback. Denver runs the same scheme. Tatum Bell is pretty damn fast but had fumbling problems, just like McFadden, and has been a failure for the most part.

I have also heard on several occasions people saying McFadden will run all over people with his nasty stiff arm. Well I would love to see him try that considering the NFL is going to start placing an emphasis on penalizing stiff arms to the face this year.
Old 05-01-2008, 05:40 PM    (permalink
DragonFireKai
Veteran

DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.

Quote:
Barry Sims wasn't the best lineman he was the worst, and was the first to get cut when the season ended. And Gallery Played really well at Lg, when we Ran to the Left we Averaged 4.8 Yards per Carry. So maybe you should get more information before you make comments, smart guy.
Maybe you should get correct information before you insult others.

The Raiders averaged 3.71 yards off left end, 4.53 yards off left tackle, and 4.02 yards off guard/center.

And the fact remains, you're bragging about beating the Dolphins. That means nothing. They were the most God awful team in recent memory.

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
The Destroyer Is Manifest!
I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk
DragonFireKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 05:55 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
yesssss. i have a similar opinion of something as toonsters.

Old 05-01-2008, 06:48 PM    (permalink
661rep
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmartin575 View Post
Peterson's 1,925 yards as a freshman are more than McFadden ever put up in a season. McFadden only finished his career with roughly 400 more yards than Peterson despite the fact that Peterson missed 7 games over his last 2 years at Oklahoma and missed more than two quarters of action in 3 games in 2005. I would hardly say McFadden had the better career. Peterson's freshman season blew any season of McFadden's out of the water. Peterson also finished with more rushing touchdowns.

It should also be noted that Peterson gained 71% of his yards after contact in college, something McFadden could only dream of doing.
Yes, Peterson’s best college year was when he was a freshman. After that his rushing stats decreased every year. McFadden on the other hand his rushing #s increased by about 300 yards a season after his freshman year. I like the fact the McFadden #s were improving every year and well AD #s weren’t. I'm taking the more consistent player in McFadden.

Yes, Peterson`s 1,925 total rushing yards are more then McFadden ever put up, but not by much. McFadden’s 2007 career 325 attempts, 1,830 rushing yards, 5.6 avg, & 16 TD’s. So basically AD ran for 95 more yards with 15 more carries the McFadden, but McFadden had 1 more TD then Peterson. Then if you were to include receiving yards, and passing yards McFadden had more total yards I believe. Then you add the fact that McFadden plays in the SEC conference which most people believe have the best defenses in college football.

It should be noted that McFadden destroyed Glen Dorsey’s #1 rated defense in the country for 206 rushing yards & 3tds.

Last edited by 661rep : 05-01-2008 at 07:05 PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 07:08 PM    (permalink
RaiderFan
Rookie

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFireKai View Post
Maybe you should get correct information before you insult others.

The Raiders averaged 3.71 yards off left end, 4.53 yards off left tackle, and 4.02 yards off guard/center.

And the fact remains, you're bragging about beating the Dolphins. That means nothing. They were the most God awful team in recent memory.
THE RAIDERS AVERAGED 4.8YPC running BEHIND GALLERY
You want the stats Here they are
Maybe that comment wasn't for you Smart guy.......

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...H_MDL_YDS.html

Last edited by RaiderFan : 05-01-2008 at 07:15 PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 07:32 PM    (permalink
RaiderFan
Rookie

Greg Knapp, who has 21 years of coaching experience, including 12 at the NFL level, is in his first year as offensive coordinator for The Oakland Raiders. The 43-year old Knapp has served as an offensive coordinator at the NFL level for the past six seasons - from 2004-06 for the Atlanta Falcons and from 2001-03 for the San Francisco 49ers.
In seven of the past 10 years, Knapp has coached three different quarterbacks to the Pro Bowl: Michael Vick in 2004 and 2005; Jeff Garcia in 2000, 2001, and 2002; and Steve Young in 1997 and 1998.
Knapp has coached a quarterback to the Pro Bowl in seven out of his 12 years in the NFL-Michael Vick, 2004 and 2005; Jeff Garcia, 2000, 2001, 2002; and Steve Young, 1997 and 1998.
Under Knapp's direction, the Falcons led the NFL in rushing for the past three seasons. His influence enabled the Falcons to produce two 1,000-yard rushers in 2006 while averaging 183.7 yards per game.
With Knapp as coordinator, the Falcons led the league in rushing in 2005, averaging 159.1 yards per game and producing a 1,000-yard rusher and three Pro Bowlers on offense. In 2004, Knapp's first season in Atlanta, the Falcons averaged 167.0 yards per game while advancing to the NFC Championship Game, had two Pro Bowlers and a 1,000-yard rusher.
Under Knapp's direction in 2003, the 49ers finished in the top five in total offense (355.4 yards per game) and rushing offense (142.4 yards per game). The 49ers also finished in the top 10 in passing offense (213.0 yards per game), scoring offense (24.0 points per game) and fewest sacks allowed (28).
In 2002, Knapp was the architect of a 49ers offense that ranked eighth in the NFL in total offense, produced a 3,000-yard passer, a 100-catch receiver and set an NFL mark for a 16-game season in third down conversion rate percentage (52.3), while allowing only 22 sacks. In his first season as an NFL coordinator in 2001, Knapp directed a 49ers offense that ranked fourth in total offense, second in the league in rushing and produced five Pro Bowlers.
Knapp began his professional coaching career with the San Francisco 49ers in 1995, serving as quality control assistant from 1995-97 before being promoted to quarterbacks coach in 1998 and then offensive coordinator in 2001.
Knapp enjoyed a distinguished college career as a quarterback at Sacramento State. He still ranks as one of the school's all-time leaders with more than 3,800 passing yards and 32 touchdown passes. He went to training camps with the Kansas City Chiefs in 1986, the Los Angeles Raiders in 1987-1990 and the San Francisco 49ers in 1992-1994.
The Seal Beach, California native began his coaching career as an assistant at his alma mater handling running backs from 1986-89. He also coached wide receivers from 1989-90 and was offensive coordinator/assistant head coach at Sacramento State from 1991-1994.
Knapp and his wife Starla, have a daughter, Jordan.