Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who?
Darren McFadden 27 18.24%
Adrian Peterson 121 81.76%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-03-2008, 08:14 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Neither, Ryan Grant will out rush both combined. Ok maybe not but I can hope. Peterson will likely have a better year, the Vikings O-line is better and he has a year under his belt. Although I hope McFadden has a better year because he isnt in the NFC North. Both teams have good backups who should take away some of their carries.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 09:41 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
Unless of course Terdell Sands actually plays well this season which makes your theory absolute crap.
Yes...yes that's true. Do you think that's gonna happen?

My only point so far in this thread is that Tommy Kelly's contract (already ridiculously bloated and ridiculous) shouldn't have prevented them from drafting unquestionably the best player on the board. Instead, Al chose a running back when his stable was actually pretty solid, not to mention Michael Bush's recovery. Picking a running back so high in a ZBS is inefficient drafting IMO anyway.

I get that they're stuck with TK but honestly move him back to end for a year or two, or god forbid have a legitimate DT rotation in a division with LT, LJ, and the never-dead-for-long Denver running game.

When they signed Deangelo Hall I knew Al wasn't gonna be able to pass on instant offense with Darren McFadden. Too much money got spent not to try and make a burst for contention. It's not a bad idea but when you are weak and pudgy in the heart of your defense it's insane to pass on a prospect like Dorsey. That's not how you win a championship in the NFL.

Of course, yes, it is POSSIBLE that is all crap, if Terdell Sands plays extremely well. That's a monster if.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 10:30 PM    (permalink
RaiderFan
Rookie

RaiderFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerCohen View Post
Yes...yes that's true. Do you think that's gonna happen?

My only point so far in this thread is that Tommy Kelly's contract (already ridiculously bloated and ridiculous) shouldn't have prevented them from drafting unquestionably the best player on the board. Instead, Al chose a running back when his stable was actually pretty solid, not to mention Michael Bush's recovery. Picking a running back so high in a ZBS is inefficient drafting IMO anyway.

I get that they're stuck with TK but honestly move him back to end for a year or two, or god forbid have a legitimate DT rotation in a division with LT, LJ, and the never-dead-for-long Denver running game.

When they signed Deangelo Hall I knew Al wasn't gonna be able to pass on instant offense with Darren McFadden. Too much money got spent not to try and make a burst for contention. It's not a bad idea but when you are weak and pudgy in the heart of your defense it's insane to pass on a prospect like Dorsey. That's not how you win a championship in the NFL.

Of course, yes, it is POSSIBLE that is all crap, if Terdell Sands plays extremely well. That's a monster if.
What the hell does a charger Fan know about winning a Championship?
RaiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 01:20 AM    (permalink
661rep
Rookie

661rep hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmartin575 View Post
That's a bullcrap argument. So because the LSU defense couldn't stop McFadden that means Dorsey is responsible for the entire defenses lack of success and that he won't be able to stop the run in the NFL? Well I guess since McFadden was pretty much shutdown (compared to his other games) in his final game against Missouri that means Missouri's Lorenzo Williams and Ziggy Hood are going to be amazing run stoppers in the NFL. And I guess since Tony Temple put up over 280 yards on Arkansas that DT Marcus Harrison will never be able to stop the run in the NFL.
No i'm not blaming it on Dorsey. I'm just suggesting to Mr. Charger fan that Dorsey might not be that great at stopping the run. Also McFadden killed Dorsey`s defense twice which both were very talented defenses.
661rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 01:22 AM    (permalink
661rep
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderFan View Post
What the hell does a charger Fan know about winning a Championship?
LoL. ChargerCohen you might want to go give your own team your excellent advice buddy.

Last edited by 661rep : 05-04-2008 at 01:25 AM.
Old 05-04-2008, 03:28 AM    (permalink
gdamac
Veteran

gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.

Sands lost multiple family members in the '06 off season, to think he can be better this year after coming into camp in shape and with a clear head. But this isn't a case of a guy getting paid then dogging it, anyway he only got $4 million guaranteed.

gdamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 03:46 AM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
your right on the last part.I just hope were able to use McFadden efficiently in the passing game and return game.
Its quite clear from Kiffin that the Raiders just didnt think Dorsey was a good fit at NT.Picking a guy at #4 to play the same position as a guy your paying 55 million doesnt make sense.

Quote:
Maybe if we werent paying him 55 million we could do that but not now.Paying him to play end where he has no pass rush ability doesnt make sense.Especially when you could have him play the UT role and maybe get 7-10 sacks.
We already have Jay Richardson to play end.He does pretty well against the run to.No need to put Kelly there to do the same job as Richardson.
Old 05-04-2008, 11:52 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks for actually reading my post DTIOW. It's nice that all Raider fans aren't age 12, spending their Saturday nights trying to be "witty" on a message board.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:55 AM    (permalink
661rep
Rookie

Quote:

My only point so far in this thread is that Tommy Kelly's contract (already ridiculously bloated and ridiculous) shouldn't have prevented them from drafting unquestionably the best player on the board.
Unquestionably??? How do you figure Dorsey was the best player on the Raiders board???? I know Kiper had Dorsey 1, and McFadden 2 I believe. I think Scott Wright had McFadden 1 and Dorsey 3, 0r 4. I've seen many draft sites that had McFadden as the best player in the draft or above Dorsey at least. I've seen sites that had Dorsey above McFadden. Point being the Raiders probably or could have had McFadden as the higher rated prospect on their big board. Coach Kiffin even stated that they had a deal in place to move up if someone tried to jump them for McFadden. That should show you whats the Raiders thought of McFadden.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:06 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 661rep View Post
Unquestionably??? How do you figure Dorsey was the best player on the Raiders board???? I know Kiper had Dorsey 1, and McFadden 2 I believe. I think Scott Wright had McFadden 1 and Dorsey 3, 0r 4. I've seen many draft sites that had McFadden as the best player in the draft or above Dorsey at least. I've seen sites that had Dorsey above McFadden. Point being the Raiders probably or could have had McFadden as the higher rated prospect on their big board. Coach Kiffin even stated that they had a deal in place to move up if someone tried to jump them for McFadden. That should show you whats the Raiders thought of McFadden.
The point you are trying to make is that the Raiders liked McFadden. I actually already knew that, because they freaking drafted him.

I think you will find that most draftniks had Glenn Dorsey rated as a better prospect, possibly the only elite talent in this draft. Yes, D-Mac's got speed and I like his style a lot, but running backs aren't exactly difficult to find, especially for ZBS, whereas dominating defensive tackles are very rare and valuable.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:12 PM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

kmartin575 needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdamac View Post
Sands lost multiple family members in the '06 off season, to think he can be better this year after coming into camp in shape and with a clear head. But this isn't a case of a guy getting paid then dogging it, anyway he only got $4 million guaranteed.
Big freaking deal. Brett Favre lost his dad before a game against the Raiders a couple of years ago and he still smoked them. Trent Green lost his dad a couple of years ago and he did just fine afterwards. I would think a clear head is much more important for a QB.
kmartin575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:15 PM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

kmartin575 needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
your right on the last part.I just hope were able to use McFadden efficiently in the passing game and return game.
Its quite clear from Kiffin that the Raiders just didnt think Dorsey was a good fit at NT.Picking a guy at #4 to play the same position as a guy your paying 55 million doesnt make sense.

Maybe if we werent paying him 55 million we could do that but not now.Paying him to play end where he has no pass rush ability doesnt make sense.Especially when you could have him play the UT role and maybe get 7-10 sacks.
We already have Jay Richardson to play end.He does pretty well against the run to.No need to put Kelly there to do the same job as Richardson.
I seriously doubt Kelly gets 7-10 sacks as a DT. Especially when except for Derrick Burgess and maybe Gerrard Warren once every few weeks there is nobody else on your roster capable of rushing the passer.
kmartin575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:41 PM    (permalink
661rep
Rookie

Quote:
The point you are trying to make is that the Raiders liked McFadden. I actually already knew that, because they freaking drafted him.

I think you will find that most draftniks had Glenn Dorsey rated as a better prospect, possibly the only elite talent in this draft. Yes, D-Mac's got speed and I like his style a lot, but running backs aren't exactly difficult to find, especially for ZBS, whereas dominating defensive tackles are very rare and valuable.
No, the point I made was some people had McFadden rated higher then Dorsey.

Draftniks ehhh? Your post have no substance whatsoever. I just looked at many draft websites which had McFadden rated higher, but let me guess they are not draftniks huh?
Old 05-05-2008, 01:16 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Actually Schefter or Mayock reported a majority of teams had Dorsey as their number 1 player, and the next most amount of number 1 votes received was McFadden.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote