Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-26-2006, 05:19 PM    (permalink

Do you ever find casual fan's relative lack of knowledge frustrating? You can't always blame them, and even Sports Personalities in radio and TV do it too. For example Me and my homeboy where talking about the Draft and the conversation went

Me:Wassup, hey fool you gonna watch the draft

Him:Yeah, I know all about the Draft, man

ME:All Right, then who is D'Brickashaw Ferguson

Him:He's out of Alabama, Right?

Me:NEver Mind
Old 04-26-2006, 05:24 PM    (permalink
S4L
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't find it frustrating. It's not like being a draftnik is widespread among us young people. I know the most about football in my grade anyway, so I'm used to it.

Xbox Live Gamertag: DocSteel92
Rest in peace, Randy Pausch.
S4L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Um, I don't mind if a fan asks me for advice or something, or asks me about a player and just doesn't know much, but what I hate is when someone argues with you and has no clue what they're talking about.
Old 04-26-2006, 05:35 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I know what ya mean man. When you try to say something and some ignorant know it all barges in and makes some completely wrong statement. Or if you are having convo with your friends and they just say something so stupid but you just roll with it.

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Raidernexx
Rookie

Raidernexx hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It's only frustrating to me if they "come off" like they're a know-it-all and end up not knowing squat!
If they're just making conversation and not spouting erroneous facts, then it's all good.
I feel it's my duty to school some of the younger Raider fans.
A lot of the "specifics" I know are more "position related".
I played a little CB in JC.
I feel more knowledgeable about the cornerback position itself than any other position on the field.
I don't expect to have much of a conversation on that subject with many folks unless they played it themselves.

Again, I just met a KC Chiefs fan here in the Caribbean today and he was a cool cat.
We're gonna get together tomorrow and talk a little football at the swimup bar!!!
Nexx

A bright spot in last year's draft!
Raidernexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 05:48 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers4Life
I don't find it frustrating. It's not like being a draftnik is widespread among us young people. I know the most about football in my grade anyway, so I'm used to it.
yeah, I am probably one of the bigger NFL followers that I know. I mean, even in offseason I spend time to know what is going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Some Dude
Rookie

Some Dude hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raidernexx
It's only frustrating to me if they "come off" like they're a know-it-all and end up not knowing squat!
If they're just making conversation and not spouting erroneous facts, then it's all good.
I feel it's my duty to school some of the younger Raider fans.
A lot of the "specifics" I know are more "position related".
I played a little CB in JC.
I feel more knowledgeable about the cornerback position itself than any other position on the field.
I don't expect to have much of a conversation on that subject with many folks unless they played it themselves.

Again, I just met a KC Chiefs fan here in the Caribbean today and he was a cool cat.
We're gonna get together tomorrow and talk a little football at the swimup bar!!!
Nexx
That's how I feel. If they don't know anything, then fine. But when they act like they know everything there is to know about it, and then they prove they don't... that makes me annoyed.

I made a topic about someone who thinks he knows what he's talking about. I said he thinks Brodrick Bunkley won't be drafted until the 3rd round, Tamba Hali should be a top 10 pick, Mathias Kiwanuka is going to Philadelphia with the 14th pick, etc.
Some Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 05:50 PM    (permalink

I only get mad sometimes when an outlandish claim is made.
Im 15 and a 9th grader, and me and my friend spend math doing our mocks and playing the "Where did he go game" ie steve smith. utah.
Old 04-26-2006, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why would this bother you? Not everybody "knows" :P as much about the draft as you/we do.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Da Big Harv
Rookie

Da Big Harv is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da Big Harv is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da Big Harv is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da Big Harv is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da Big Harv is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da Big Harv is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da Big Harv is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da Big Harv is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da Big Harv is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da Big Harv is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da Big Harv is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLS42
Im 15 and a 9th grader, and me and my friend spend math doing our mocks and playing the "Where did he go game" ie steve smith. utah.
Sad thing is i made mocks in math this year too and ended up failing the class. mhmm
Old 04-26-2006, 06:17 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Big Harv
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLS42
Sad thing is i made mocks in math this year too and ended up failing the class. mhmm
Yea i have an A-. we traded our mocks so no cheating could happen.
Old 04-26-2006, 06:30 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Today I told a kid at my school that the Giants had signed LaVar Arrington, and he got excited...
Old 04-26-2006, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Fred Savage

Yes, nothing in the world makes me more pissed, not even Novt9.
Old 04-26-2006, 06:44 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804
Today I told a kid at my school that the Giants had signed LaVar Arrington, and he got excited...
A kid at my school bet me 10 bucks Jimmy Williams would go top 10.
Old 04-26-2006, 06:56 PM    (permalink

I only hate it when they try to act like they know what they're talking about.. and say something stupid and you have to correct them about how wrong they are and it makes it awkward.

"What about that kid, what's his name... Omar Jacobs? I hear he could go top 10"

"Uh... No dude, people said that about a year ago, now he won't go before the 4th round..."
Old 04-26-2006, 06:59 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My friends like to base their personally feelings into facts. Like my friend thinks that Eddie George is the best running back EVER. Stuff like that gets me mad. And also when people argue agaisnt me, and dont have a clue.
Old 04-26-2006, 07:57 PM    (permalink
RexGrossmans-cheesecake
Veteran

RexGrossmans-cheesecake could make a wolverine purr.RexGrossmans-cheesecake could make a wolverine purr.RexGrossmans-cheesecake could make a wolverine purr.RexGrossmans-cheesecake could make a wolverine purr.RexGrossmans-cheesecake could make a wolverine purr.RexGrossmans-cheesecake could make a wolverine purr.

YES!!!! I remeber the day the Rosebowl was going to be played, everyone was like "USC or Texas?" I swear, I was the only one who said Texas. I remeber once, before the Bears play-off game in my homeroom class, these know-it-alls were talking about the Bears. It was just about how Brian Urlacher and Nathan Vasher is so great, so I join in, and talk about other players and they all thought I was crazy.

Thanks BoneKrusher!
RexGrossmans-cheesecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 07:59 PM    (permalink
CB newt

What's worse is when they are such total homers and look at espn's depth chart and think ever starter on their team is a god. Then these jags go onto boards and spam up threads like the NFC East thread
Old 04-26-2006, 08:02 PM    (permalink
CalBears99
Pro Bowler

CalBears99 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It's f***ing annoying when someone thinks they know a lot about sports, and then a situation like that comes up and you prove to them that they don't know s*** and they refuse to acknowledge their stupidity.

sig by Nyi28nhl from Islander Mania
CalBears99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 08:14 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't care if I get asked a question...

My friend acts like he knows about Football a little because he plays Madden a lot... Also, for no reason, I sent him an Email and said something about D'Brickashaw Ferguson... and then the next time I saw him I said something about D'Brick, and he tried to correct me on the pronunciation of his name "D'Brick-Shaw".. I usually just let him think what he thinks..

He also used to think Edgerrin James name was pronounced "Edgar-in".. I had to correct that very quickly because it was very annoying.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 08:37 PM    (permalink
therock6000
Veteran

therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.

No...I love it...I let them give their opinions on how awesome DJ Shockley is...then I drop the reality bomb and watch them weep. :twisted:

I had a dream that Brady Quinn was rollin' with Omarosa in a 1987 LeSabre
therock6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 08:38 PM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

its only frustrating if they act like they know everything theres no reason to get mad at someone just for asking a seamingly ovious question to you
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 08:45 PM    (permalink
CB newt

Quote:
Originally Posted by therock6000
No...I love it...I let them give their opinions on how awesome DJ Shockley is...then I drop the reality bomb and watch them weep. :twisted:
When you get a new avi can I have that one, it's insane.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:03 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB newt
Quote:
Originally Posted by therock6000
When you get a new avi can I have that one, it's insane.
Turtles and boobs rule.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:09 PM    (permalink
70challenger457

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan43
its only frustrating if they act like they know everything theres no reason to get mad at someone just for asking a seamingly ovious question to you
hey man you took my quote. I just shortened it.