Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-01-2008, 10:16 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Jay Cutler diagnosed with diabetes

http://www.denverpost.com/rapids/ci_9124884

type 1, that sucks. I feel bad for the guy but from that, it doesn't seem too serious and shouldn't affect his play.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That sucks. I'm sorry to hear that, Cutler seems like a good guy. :/
Old 05-01-2008, 10:43 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn, this is really bad. No matter how you spin it, getting diagnosed with diabetes is horrible.

I've met people that have had diabetes, and nicks and cuts that would be insignificant to most people have to be taken care of very cautiously when you have diabetes. Higher risk of infection i believe.

This sucks when you're a football player and are banged up week in and week out.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:48 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Damn, this is really bad. No matter how you spin it, getting diagnosed with diabetes is horrible.

I've met people that have had diabetes, and nicks and cuts that would be insignificant to most people have to be taken care of very cautiously when you have diabetes. Higher risk of infection i believe.

This sucks when you're a football player and are banged up week in and week out.
actually, Diabetes is really manageable if you know how to take care of yourself...

if he maintains his active lifestyle (which is a given) and eats right...he should be fine...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 10:49 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

Quote:

Diabetes kicks the **** out of your immune system...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 10:51 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Depends on which type you have. Type 2 is somewhat manageable is most cases. Type one is real serious, How old is he, 23, 24? Usually it sets in much before that hence, " juvenile diabetes". He'll have to be careful with his kidneys and injuries in his extremities, his vision will eventually be affected as well, and He'll have difficulties staying hydrated. He's going to have to be careful managing his blood sugar levels during games, and practices. When blood sugar is out of whack a diabetic is not a normal functioning person. I'd be willing to bet that he won't have much of a career now due to this, who knows though Adam Morrison is doing OK with it.I guess that's just more of an opinion of mine. Regardless, he's going to have to take excellent care of himself to play pro football.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 05-01-2008 at 10:56 PM.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 10:54 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God this sucks real bad. I hope he finds a good way to manage it

Very sad :(

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 11:01 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That really sucks...god bless him

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 11:14 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
based on what, exactly? the "holy crap it's a post on nfldc about a player that isn't entirely positive" hypothesis, or maybe it's the "i don't have a bloody clue what i'm actually talking about, so i'll just randomly make a bizarre assertion and call myself skip bayless" bit?
Based on every male in my family being a diabetic, including myself. Excellent point on me not knowing **** about subject though. It's hard for a person without the disease to understand what it feels like.So, I guess that would make you the one "who dosen't have a bloody clue what they're talking about"? To think that someone life goes on find and dandy after getting diabetes is asinine. Managing diabetes, especially type one is no fun task, let alone play pro football with it.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 05-01-2008, 11:17 PM    (permalink
FLORIDA PACKER
Rookie

FLORIDA PACKER hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
That really sucks...god bless him
Ditto that man, My prayers are definitely with him, Sucks to see someone so young and promising diagnosed with this, poor guy. I

'm sure He'll give Diabetes a fight though and thoroughly kick its ass, Cutler is just one of those kind of guys, He wont let this drag him down a bit.
FLORIDA PACKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 11:21 PM    (permalink
steelernation77
Veteran

steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Based on every male in my family being a diabetic, including myself. Excellent point on me not knowing **** about subject though. It's hard for a person without the disease to understand what it feels like.So, I guess that would make you the one "who dosen't have a bloody clue what they're talking about"? To think that someone life goes on find and dandy after getting diabetes is asinine. Managing diabetes, especially type one is no fun task, let alone play pro football with it.
Kendall Simmons has type 2 diabetes and he has had a hard time with fatigue and staying hydrated. It's especially noticeable during hotter games.
steelernation77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 11:24 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He can hang out with Wilford Brimley now

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 11:25 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelernation77 View Post
Kendall Simmons has type 2 diabetes and he has had a hard time with fatigue and staying hydrated. It's especially noticeable during hotter games.
I'm sure it is. Every time I work out really hard or for too long I have to slam some freaking Orange juice from going into zombie mode.

they get smoked.

Old 05-01-2008, 11:30 PM    (permalink
dc22
Veteran

dc22 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

that's terrible
type 1 is the worst kind too
dc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 11:39 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

That sucks! So just to be clear he has type 1 which is considered more serious and worse? I'm sorry but I'm ignorant about diabetes.
dpl85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 11:47 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl85 View Post
That sucks! So just to be clear he has type 1 which is considered more serious and worse? I'm sorry but I'm ignorant about diabetes.
Yeah, type one is more serious, It means your body produces little or no insulin. Type two means your body basically rejects the insulin that is produced, and is manageable with medicine or a strict diet and exercise.

they get smoked.

Old 05-01-2008, 11:47 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My grandpa had diabetes. My dad has diabetes. I will most likely have diabetes in the future.

It just sucks.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 11:49 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
My grandpa had diabetes. My dad has diabetes. I will most likely have diabetes in the future.

It just sucks.
ouch. im pretty much guaranteed to get glaucoma based on family history and i thought that sucked...
Old 05-02-2008, 12:03 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That sucks. It's no joke. Manageable though.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 12:28 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i must've totally missed the part where you referenced being a pro athlete or having access to top of the line medical care at literally every point of every day. again, the fact that you, some random kid, has the same disease has utterly no bearing on jay cutler's ability to have the same disease and continue to play football with it.
Top of the line medical care can only do some much for a person with this disease...Something someone with it would know from first hand experience, not some NFLDC mod with no understanding of it. "top end medical care" can surly help, but it's not going to prevent every freaking hypoglycemia/hyperglycemia incident a diabetic has as they can be completely unpredictable. The fact that I, some random kid, with the same disease gives me a deal of bearing on it than you. How in the hell is the " top end medical" care going to help him if he takes a bad shot to one of his Kidneys?which is very serious for a diabetic. How about if he were to cut his throwing hand and it took weeks instead of days to heal correctly? Or how about for instance he breaks his foot like Rodgers and it takes forever( if ever) to heal properly?

Quote:
oh, wait. my bad. you get tired if you don't have some OJ when you play sports..
Well, this comment here perfectly portrays how badly you're talking out of your ass on the subject matter... Blood sugar levels influence a diabetic a little more than " making someone a little tired". I mean, it's not like those diabetic comas are a serious deal, or the fact it's the leading cause of heart and kidney problems. Those puppies sure as **** are not important to an athlete.

I think someones just upset their little playboy could be in jeopardy and dosen't want to admit it. You can sit here and argue until carpal tunnels sets in, but any way you look at it this is not good news for the knife and his football career.

Quote:
you clearly know all there is to know about the subject
Uh, I'd hope so, otherwise I'd be dead, blind, or in need of a pirate wood leg.

By the way, real classy of you to condescendingly mock my diabetes with that juice comment too. I'd love to see you live with it for a day and see how funny it was then.

they get smoked.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 05-02-2008 at 01:13 AM.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:48 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Top of the line medical care can only do some much for a person with this disease...Something someone with it would know from first hand experience, not some NFLDC mod with no understanding of it. "top end medical care" can surly help, but it's not going to prevent every freaking hypoglycemia/hyperglycemia incident a diabetic has as they can be completely unpredictable. The fact that I, some random kid, with the same disease gives me a deal of bearing on it than you. How in the hell is the " top end medical" care going to help him if he takes a bad shot to one of his Kidneys?which is very serious for a diabetic.

Well, this comment here perfectly portrays how badly you're talking out of your ass on the subject matter... Blood sugar levels influence a diabetic a little more than " making someone a little tired". I mean, it's not like those diabetic comas are a serious deal, or the fact it's the leading cause of heart and kidney problems. Those puppies sure as **** are not important to an athlete.

I think someones just uDraft Countdown Forums - Reply to Topicpset their little playboy could be in jeopardy and dosen't want to admit it. You can sit here and argue until carpal tunnels sets in, but any way you look at it this is not good news for the knife and his football career.

By the way, real classy of you to condescendingly mock my diabetes with that last comment too.

The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 01:05 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 01:09 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually would prefer if this thread didn't get locked by page 3 but that seems to be where its headed with useless post...Sad to hear though, I really like Cutler and believe he can be an elite qb, hopefully this doesn't slow him down and I wish him the best...Really excited to see how him and Marshall grow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 01:24 AM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I posted this in the Bronco Forums,

I myself have type 2 diabetes, it's considered quite easier to manage then type 1. I really feel bad for anyone who gets type 1. I wouldn't wish type 1 diabetes upon my worst enemies. Adam Morrison has diabetes 1 and plays in the NBA, I don't follow the Bobcats too closely to really make any sort of statement if it effects his play however.

The real problem with Diabetes for athletes, especially football players is getting hit in the kidneys, or hurting a foot. A good shot to the kidneys on someone with type one could be fatal. It isn't a joke what so ever. Simple Injuries also will take much longer to heal while being diabetic. Getting nicked up now becomes a serious issue.

Diabetes is one of those things that really is hard to understand unless you go through it yourself. I personally played DT my junior year of high school and had UConn ready to offer me a scholarship to play D1 football. During the summer before my senior year I just started to be tired all the time, the doctors had no idea what was wrong with me. Finally my grandmother who has diabetes made me test my blood glucose levels on her Glucometer, my sugar was at 497.

My body deteriorated over that summer and winter, and upon the advice of my doctors I was forced to sit out my senior year, and stop playing football all together. Sadly this is more serious then Bronco fans may want it to be, I wish Jay the best and hope he has a safe road to his management of his diabetes, and hope him nothing but the best. Even if he was the QB for the raiders, he would have my deepest sympathy
CT Bronco Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 02:53 AM    (permalink
GREENSMACKS
Rookie

GREENSMACKS hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22 View Post
actually, Diabetes is really manageable if you know how to take care of yourself...

if he maintains his active lifestyle (which is a given) and eats right...he should be fine...
could actually make him a better qb with the strict nutrition, exercise and lifestyle he'll lead.

if it was an issue i think shanny wouldve drafted a qb in the middle rounds
GREENSMACKS is offline   Reply With Quote