Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-02-2008, 02:55 AM    (permalink
GREENSMACKS
Rookie

GREENSMACKS hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Based on every male in my family being a diabetic, including myself. Excellent point on me not knowing **** about subject though. It's hard for a person without the disease to understand what it feels like.So, I guess that would make you the one "who dosen't have a bloody clue what they're talking about"? To think that someone life goes on find and dandy after getting diabetes is asinine. Managing diabetes, especially type one is no fun task, let alone play pro football with it.
well i kind of liken this to magic johnson's HIV treatment, being cutler is getting first class treatment, i think it will be alot more easier to handle then say a person like yourself.
GREENSMACKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 05:32 AM    (permalink
AkiliSmith
Veteran

AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have type 1 and have absolutely no problem at all working out or being active. It's very manageable, especially at his age. As long as he loads up on carbs before the game and drinks a lot of water during, which I'm sure he already does, he'll be fine and you won't even notice a difference.
AkiliSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 05:52 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

god hates the broncos.
darrent. then damien. then brandon and his arm. now this.
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 05:56 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kendall Simmons plays with it and he is a lineman...a more physically demanding postion.

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 06:07 AM    (permalink
DragonFireKai
Veteran

DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyStat View Post
Kendall Simmons plays with it and he is a lineman...a more physically demanding postion.
Only in the joints, but when you're concerned with organ laceration, no one's more at risk than the QB. Blindside sacks take months off your lifespan.

I think people here fail to realize how complex the human body is. Just because one person can manage to play at a decent level doesn't mean a whole lot. Another person with the same affliction needs to have his leg amputated. Cutler might not notice this, he might not play another down. We just don't know how this is going to affect him. The only thing we can say definitively is that this isn't going to help him.

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
The Destroyer Is Manifest!
I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk
DragonFireKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 07:07 AM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It sux but with the technologie today it is very manageable if you work at it. Cutler will be fine he has good work ethic and has the money to get the technologie and care he needs.

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 08:27 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a Diabetic and it won't mean squat to Cutler. Team doctors will monitor his illness very effectively. The effects of Diabetes isn't felt for 20 years even if you don't manage the illness very well. When it is managed well, you may never suffer the effects.
Cutler will be long retired before he'll ever have to worry about the illness.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:48 AM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

I'm type 1 also and have been for 18 years and outside of the fact I run a 5.2 40 and only weight 170 lbs I could play in the NFL. As stated above the effects probably won't be felt with Cutler until well after his playing days. The only potential issue I can see is that depression is ramant in diabectics and though it usually comes later in the disease I can only imagine what an NFL QB has to deal with on a daily basis. I'm a Chiefs fan so it's hard for me to cheer for any Bronco, but I will be hoping that Cutler succeeds with the disease and helps bring more awarness to others about it.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He'll be fine.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 10:53 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We had a diabetic on our football team, nothing slowed him down, i didnt really know that he was diabetic until i saw his machine that he carries around its about the size of a beeper and i think it tells him what his sugar level is

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 11:10 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I'm a Diabetic and it won't mean squat to Cutler. Team doctors will monitor his illness very effectively. The effects of Diabetes isn't felt for 20 years even if you don't manage the illness very well. When it is managed well, you may never suffer the effects.
So Cutler's body is exactly the same make-up as yours? Or did you play QB with type 1 diabetes in the NFL before?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 02:56 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
The effects of Diabetes isn't felt for 20 years even if you don't manage the illness very well. When it is managed well, you may never suffer the effects.
Uh, what? Effects aren't felt for 20 years? How about when someone gets high/low BS levels... Don't feel that? Sure he likely won't go blind or have his leg chopped off anytime soon but he's still going to notice it.

Also my best friend has been a type 1 diabetic for 10 years and the doctors have already told him he won't make it another ten because he dosen't take care of himself.

I guess the best way to explain it would be like asthma not because they are similiar diseases but because it tends acute and can potentially have severe immediate symptoms. They are also both manageable, especially with medicine, but you still have to be very careful.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 03:15 PM    (permalink
gsorace
Veteran

gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That sucks, but he'll have the best medical treatment money can buy so he should be alright
gsorace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 06:11 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
way to bring up "NFLDC mod", as if i suggested that being an NFLDC mod made me any more or less knowledgeable than you.
I made the NFLDC comment because you made the random NFLDC poster comment to me... See the correlation, brah?
Quote:
"he won't have much of a career due to this", which was the ridiculous statement i disagreed with in the first place.
I said it was an opinion of mine. I had based it on one of my friends who had to stop playing football. Admittedly, Perhaps I stated it a bit insinuatingly.
I also said that it was possible for him to still playing... Read Adam Morrison comment?

Quote:
that'd be like suggesting that calvin johnson won't have much of a career because he could potentially get hit in the knee. you list a number of scenarios that are, for the most part unlikely. do you honestly think the broncos are going to let him lapse into a diabetic coma on the sidelines by refusing to do anything whatsoever to help his blood sugar, or are you being intentionally hyperbolic to make your point seem stronger? i mean, christ, what if he tripped over terrell davis's dog in a driveway and slipped on a mcdonald's bag into his tv all at the same time? it's clear he won't have much of a career if that happens.
No, it wouldn't because Calvin Johnson having a knee injury is an " if" diabetes is a more of a " when" scenario, it cannot be eluded. He's not going to go into a coma on the sidelines... But if you knew anything about diabetes you could recognize one dosen't have to lapse into a coma to be effected. The examples I provided were simply possible scenarios which could take place ( which was reasonably obvious). It's not possible to avoid the disease all together no matter what you do, it is possible to avoid tripping over a ******* dog for the most part. Perhaps, by say, not buying one? You can't not have diabetes.

Is it uncommon to injury an organ in football? Ask Chris Simms. It is hard to injure you're throwing hand? Ask Lord Favre. How about to get dehydrated? ask Kory Stringer. These are all risks that are more highlighted by diabetes, that was my point.

It dosen't matter what kind of medical attention Jay has if HE dosen't manage it himself. If he dosen't cooperate with them correctly and manage his diet and such it dosen't make a difference if the Ponies have the Mayo clinic on staff. Sure, it's advantageous to have a group essentially watching over you if something goes wrong, but he's got to do it himself.

Quote:
given that i was referencing your OWN POST about needing to slam some OJ after working out or you go into "zombie mode". you mean to tell me that if his blood sugar got completely hosed, bad things might happen?! well holy ****. again, this has absolutely nothing to do with the original
What? I said this to another user and then you saw the need to bring it into the discussion... Of course it had nothing to do with the original argument, I stated it to another user... not you... You decided to bring it in In .
Quote:
argument, which was, if you haven't been paying attention, that comparing getting tired yourself after working out (or going into zombie mode, whatever tf that means), is a compeltely ridiculous and irrelevant comparison to a pro athlete. unless, of course, you have a doctor hovering over your shoulder at all times to monitor your levels and make any appropriate changes to maintain your blood sugar at a healthy level. but yeah, again. the broncos team doctors will probably let him lapse into a diabetic coma on the sideline. fantastic argument.
Well this right here showed you're talking out of your ass again. Zombie mode is a reference ( that anyone who knew jack **** about diabetes) could relate to instead of saying " being tired". When a diabetic is severely low they can't think, talk, or function. That has essentially nothing to do with the argument but it just showed how far out of your element you actually are Donnie.

Why would it be irrelevant to a pro athlete, because he plays pro sports his body is able to handle diabetes differently? Every diabetic has doctors that regularly monitor their health. However, It dosen't require a doctor to tell a diabetic whats going on with their diabetes, it's something the individual can feel themselves, easily. ( again, something anyone who knew **** about diabetes would know) . No matter who's watching over him, at some point his diabetes is going to effect him one way or another.

Quote:
if you can't, i'd suggest you stop making yourself look bad.
Judging by the responses of gotten, I think you're the one who is making them self look bad.

Quote:
someone already brought up magic johnson (with aids). i'd hate to do it again.
What the hell does aids have to do with diabetes? Fantastic argument.

Quote:
but keep making this about me mocking your disease so you can ignore the fact that i'm mocking a crap argument.
Ah.... the only reason I brought it up was because it was a dick thing to say. There was a condescending shot( no pun intended) about diabetes in there and you know it.

Bottom line... yeah, he's probably not going to drop over dead on the football feild in the home opener or get his leg hacked off two seasons from now, but it's surely going to change his football career.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 05-02-2008 at 06:15 PM.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, I know one of my friends stopped playing high school football because of diabetes type 1. He is son of the richest family in Panama and not even all of the medical treatment could help him. I am not clear what was wrong with him, but he told me he had to quit due to the diabetes.
Old 05-02-2008, 06:51 PM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im pretty sure Ill be diagnosed with it in the future.
Old 05-02-2008, 07:14 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Bronco Fan View Post
Finally my grandmother who has diabetes made me test my blood glucose levels on her Glucometer, my sugar was at 497.
Damn, that is crazy.

My grandma has type two and it definitely affects her. Circulation is affected, and things tend to affect her a bit longer.

But I think Cutler should be fine for the most part during his football playing career. He should have the tools around him to do that. After that, I'm not so sure.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My grandfather had Diabetes for 15 years, it's an awful disease, but when you control your diet and take your insulin, you can still have a normal life.'

btw, I have asthma and whoever compared the two is missing a few key differences.
Old 05-03-2008, 01:38 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am going to have to agree with Title Town in this argument. My girlfriend has diabetes and her dad is a doctor and that still doesnt keep her from getting really sick. Not to mention when DKA sets in it can get really bad to the point where she loses her own breath just sitting down. She also keeps a healthy diet and works out. The fact is that there is no cure for diabetes and top of the line medical care isnt going to make it go away. Not to mention its easy to get seizures when you dont keep yourself hydrated.
Old 05-03-2008, 01:47 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he better protect his feet and toes
Old 05-03-2008, 01:57 AM    (permalink
FLORIDA PACKER
Rookie

FLORIDA PACKER hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

A sort of off topic mention here but just for those who may be interested. There is actually a potential cure in the works made from from using enzymes in the venom of a Gila Monster lizard. I've written a few papers on the topic, very interesting stuff, they've already made a derivative of it that helps control blood sugar, and if the progress continues as planned there could be a potential cure in the not so distant future :).
FLORIDA PACKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 06:52 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. According to an interview with BroncosTV Cutler lost so much weight (unaware) he played his last game against Minnesota at 202 LBS. (His playing weight is 233)

he played the entire last quarter of the season with no energy, and still put up great numbers. he says that now he has his insulin he feels 100 times better.
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 10:24 AM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
Wow. According to an interview with BroncosTV Cutler lost so much weight (unaware) he played his last game against Minnesota at 202 LBS. (His playing weight is 233)

he played the entire last quarter of the season with no energy, and still put up great numbers. he says that now he has his insulin he feels 100 times better.

I was 15 when I was diagnosed. I weighed about 120 lbs before I got sick and weighed 75 lbs about 2 weeks later when I was finally diagnosed. My friends could put there hands around my thighs easy. I also was extremely tired. That's amazing he was able to perform at any level during this.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where would he have been drafted if he was diagnosed before the draft?
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 02:52 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

thats a dumb question....

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote