Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-02-2008, 10:16 AM    (permalink
ManningEnvy

Default Anybody think it's strange that Byron Leftwich hasn't been picked up by anybody?

I'm sure it has nothing to do with him being slow, stupid, overweight and prone to getting the crap knocked out of him. Don't worry though Jag fans, I'm not implying he's a bust. Well, maybe I am.
  Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 05-02-2008, 11:09 AM    (permalink
AaronGrayisKing

Harsh criticism.

Bitter Much?
Old 05-02-2008, 11:26 AM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

well, it's obvious he's been a bust but it's not entirely his fault...he just couldn't stay healthy in Jax. He's got great skills as a Quarterback and that was evident in 2005 when he threw 15 td's and 5 int's before breaking his ankle.

He then went to an Atlanta team where he was on the ground every other play due to their horrible offensive line. If you're going to make a thread on why Leftwich hasn't gotten much attention in FA why don't explain why you think he's stupid and prone to getting the crap knocked out of him...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 11:34 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember when he got the start in Altanta and started off really hot then he hurt his ankle...If he goes somewhere with time to throw(obviously the slow release) he would make a very solid QB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 11:34 AM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ManningEnvy is a POS.
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn98 View Post
ManningEnvy is a POS.
This is true!
Old 05-02-2008, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I wouldn't call him a bust at all. He was pretty productive and then got hurt. He didn't pan out, but calling him a bust all together is kind of bogus. I think if he could just sit in a system as a backup for a year, build up some strength and health and then went full on into it, he could still be a productive QB in this league. He unfortunately did not get himself into the best of situations for a second chance last year...
Old 05-02-2008, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I remember when he got the start in Altanta and started off really hot then he hurt his ankle...If he goes somewhere with time to throw(obviously the slow release) he would make a very solid QB.
Yeah, Will Smith killed him.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 12:16 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn98 View Post
ManningEnvy is a POS.
he's my personal stalker....
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 12:17 PM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that release and lack of ability to slow the ball down really hurt him. He can make some amazing throws that very few players in history could make but when its 3rd and 4 I never trusted Leftwich to make a short conversion which is what you need to do to win in the NFL. It is weird how some guys were atleast decent and then soon after that can't even get a roster spot. Happened with Tim Couch as well.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 12:39 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't mind the troll, people.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

its incredible how he still is on this board

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 01:22 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Byron is definitely gonna have to sit a year as a backup if he wants another start at a starting job. I could see him hanging out in Detroit while they build up their O-line for another year. I'm not sure how Drew Stanton is progressing though.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 12:53 AM    (permalink
tom
Veteran

tom smells like sex panther.tom smells like sex panther.

Byron Leftwich? More like Myron Sandwich!
Old 05-03-2008, 12:56 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not surprised, I've hated on the man since he came in the league, he sucks.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 01:12 AM    (permalink
zoinks
Rookie

zoinks hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
I'm not surprised, I've hated on the man since he came in the league, he sucks.
At first I thought you were talking about Leftwich.

Then I realized your sentiments were directed at the OP, whose antics have gotten him banned from more forums than I care to mention.

Hopefully the mods here won't be as patient, or as tolerant of such inflammatory behavior.
zoinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 02:11 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoinks View Post
At first I thought you were talking about Leftwich.

Then I realized your sentiments were directed at the OP, whose antics have gotten him banned from more forums than I care to mention.

Hopefully the mods here won't be as patient, or as tolerant of such inflammatory behavior.
Um, pretty sure he was talking about Leftwich, unless people are now referring to these boards as "The League"
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 02:19 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty sure it was concluded across various boards that ManningEnvy is the Internet virus/worm bot creation of a disgruntled college aged nerd to infest the jock presence online with mind numbing logic and ****-erotic tendencies towards Peyton Manning.

Perhaps we should submit it to Symantec for investigation.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 03:33 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
Um, pretty sure he was talking about Leftwich, unless people are now referring to these boards as "The League"
i do. i tell people to look for the guy with the clarence moore sig. the league couldnt handle Cmoore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 01:50 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whether this guy is a troll or not, he is right this time. I don't understand what Leftwich has done to make anyone believe he is anything but a bust in Jacksonville?

This isn't a 5th round pick we're talking about, he's a top 7 pick in the draft. And he's currently unemployed. Think about that, he can't find employment in a league desperate for quarterbacks.

And i understand the arguments to support him, he needs an oline bc he's not mobile and winds up, and is injury prone, but thats part of his package and you can't discount that when evaluating him.

We heard ppl say the same thing about Drew Bledsoe. The league has no vacancies for statues in the pocket, period. Leftwich was a statue.

And im not buying the oline argument. He had a good one in Jacksonville, like Bledsoe he just made it look worse than it really was. Same goes for any qb who holds teh ball too long. Any qb in the league would be great if they had all day to throw, so whats the point in that argument? Im not buying it.

He was immobile, injury prone, extremely slow release, could not put any touch on his balls (same velocity for every throw), and just didn't get the job done. He had a defense and a run game, 2 things that are a quarterback's best friend, and still didn't produce.

Was he absolutely terrible? No, he was ok, not the worst in the world, but not what a top 7 pick should be. At the end of the day, you expect a lot more than what he brought. So yes, he is a bust. I don't see how he wasn't. The man is unemployed as we speak. Thats all you need to know.
Old 05-03-2008, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't put Bledsoe and Leftwich in the same sentence, Bledsoe was a much better QB in his prime.

Cleveland would be a great spot for Leftwich, but they already have Brady Quinn and Derek Anderson.
Old 05-03-2008, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ManningEnvy has been banned.

Anyway, it still surprises me. Unless he wants way too much money, isn't he worth having as a #3 QB?

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 02:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
I wouldn't put Bledsoe and Leftwich in the same sentence, Bledsoe was a much better QB in his prime.

Cleveland would be a great spot for Leftwich, but they already have Brady Quinn and Derek Anderson.
very true, when i refer to Bledsoe, im referring to the washed up one that played in Dallas and Buffalo.
Old 05-03-2008, 02:02 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post
ManningEnvy has been banned.

Anyway, it still surprises me. Unless he wants way too much money, isn't he worth having as a #3 QB?
he probably wants to be a starter somewhere, and no team is willing to grant him that privilege. he can maybe be a backup and try to win a starting job, but he probably doesn't want to do that and is letting his ego get in his way.

weird how teams like Minny and Chicago wouldn't even think about touching him. theres probably some red flags behind the scenes that us fans just don't know about.
Old 05-04-2008, 01:31 AM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
very true, when i refer to Bledsoe, im referring to the washed up one that played in Dallas and Buffalo.
Hey, Bledsoe made a Pro Bowl in Buffalo! He had one great year (2002), which was his first in Buffalo. After that, a terrible offensive line spelled the end of his career. Is there a worse combination than an awful pass-blocking O-line and Drew Bledsoe in the pocket? I can't think of one.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote