Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-02-2008, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFireKai View Post
Nobody said anything about anyone shooting back in the reports.
I've heard/read "gunfire exchanged" and "gunfire broke out" so far.

Quote:
As far as everything that's been reported, that belgian monstrosity was the only weapon being discharged.
This reminds me of the 1989 Batman film where Joker shoots down the Batwing. I hate Tim Burton.
Old 05-02-2008, 04:55 PM    (permalink
DragonFireKai
Veteran

DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
you know, i was thinking.......a 50 caliber ******* handgun....thats basically a deagle (for CSS fans)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcrmK...eature=related

marvins a good athlete and football player, but hes not the biggest guy in the world. getting off 7 rounds of that pretty quickly.....damn
That depends on the powder charge. The DE has more kick than usual because it has a AE round, if this thing used a .50 GI, then the kick is more manageable, along the lines of a .40 SW.

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
The Destroyer Is Manifest!
I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk
DragonFireKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 04:55 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

haha yeah, that was....a crappy part of that movie.....

has anyone else seen the 2 trailers of the new batman movie and the 89 one run right at the same time? they are like....exactly the same
Old 05-02-2008, 04:56 PM    (permalink
DragonFireKai
Veteran

DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
I've heard/read "gunfire exchanged" and "gunfire broke out" so far.
Gunfire broke out doesn't mean multiple guns, and if you have a link that says exchanged, I'd like to see it.

I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk
Old 05-02-2008, 04:57 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That depends on the powder charge. The DE has more kick than usual because it has a AE round, if this thing used a .50 GI, then the kick is more manageable, along the lines of a .40 SW.
true but lets think about this....a .50 caliber chunk of copper and lead is being forced very, very quickly out the end of that barrel...

its probably not easy to fire 7 shots in succession
Old 05-02-2008, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think this may be the real shooter. Or her.
Old 05-02-2008, 04:59 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

women shooting guns is always funny, lol. especially when no one tells them exactly how powerful what they are shooting is..
Old 05-02-2008, 05:00 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not going to cast any judgment until I get more details and see whether charges are filed.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Someone needs to photoshop Harrison's head on the Punisher's body. He is a vigilante in the offseason.
Old 05-02-2008, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I knew he was trouble ever since he spiked that ball in front of Asante Samuel.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 05:14 PM    (permalink
DragonFireKai
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
true but lets think about this....a .50 caliber chunk of copper and lead is being forced very, very quickly out the end of that barrel...

its probably not easy to fire 7 shots in succession
You have to remember, recoil is energy dissapation. And Energy is mass time velocity squared. so if you cut down the muzzle velocity slightly, you drastically reduce the recoil. The .50 AE routinely hits at 1,400 ftlbs. The .50 GI rarely breaks 500. A 9mm NATO hits at over 350.

Old 05-02-2008, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Wowwww, this is not gooood!

(I do think his career was pretty much over anyway)

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 05:46 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by proshoota25 View Post
so if people testify against marvin saying that he did in fact shoot the gun, would he get charged with attempted murder and using a deadly weapon? wow thats real serious jail time....
I do believe that's a federal-mandated minimum sentence of 20 years.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 05:47 PM    (permalink
DragonFireKai
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitschke-Hawk View Post
Wowwww, this is not gooood!

(I do think his career was pretty much over anyway)
Never let it be said that he didn't go out with a bang...

Old 05-02-2008, 05:53 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First thing that came to my mind is that there must be a Marvin Harrison look-a-like Patriot or Jaguar fan out there trying to make Marvin Harrison look bad....Next Peyton Manning will be running a child pr0n operation in his basement. Then, Joseph Addai will be driving around drunk hitting pedestrians.

Seriously though this is pretty bad. I always though Marvin Harrison was a stand-up guy. There was a trade rumor a while back saying Marvin might go to Cincy and I was thinking..."That would be a standup receiver, he wouldn't get in trouble or complain." Guess I was wrong.......
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 05:58 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should be interesting to see how the preception of him compares with Vick. I'm not saying anything because the details are suspect, but people crucifed Vick right away.
Old 05-02-2008, 06:00 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Never let it be said that he didn't go out with a bang...
da da ching, he'll be here all night, don't forget to tip your waitress. :)

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ha I knew I hated Marvin for a reason.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Custom-made Belgian handgun. (.50 caliber)

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 06:06 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Should be interesting to see how the preception of him compares with Vick. I'm not saying anything because the details are suspect, but people crucifed Vick right away.
If Harrison did it or not, he will not be as heavily scrutinized as Vick.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 06:09 PM    (permalink
russie
Veteran

russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

no of this is really that suprising. not too long ago there was the suit against him allegedly choking and beating up three boys at the probowl.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2025485

and then there was another thing where he confronted some ball boy

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...C0A9659C8B 63

granted it's not a shooting, but it is something
Old 05-02-2008, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Anyone watching ESPN right now?

The Philly guy who broke the story says the unruly patron (who had been causing trouble at the bar before) didn't finger Harrison as the shooter. Um, what? Granted, this may be why the police are going out of their way to say there isn't a suspect yet, but ...

Then how the heck did Harrison's gun come into the freaking picture? Which, according to the guy, was alerted to the police at the car wash by a family member of Harrison.

I'm puzzled.
Old 05-02-2008, 06:11 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If this is true the only respectable attribute about Marvin will be his mustache.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

marvin isn't perfect, espn will implode
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 06:21 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by russie View Post
no of this is really that suprising. not too long ago there was the suit against him allegedly choking and beating up three boys at the probowl.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2025485

and then there was another thing where he confronted some ball boy

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...C0A9659C8B 63

granted it's not a shooting, but it is something
man, suddenly he isnt a very good guy.....wow

this whole day has been f-ed up.

imagine if someone told you as soon as you woke up this morning that marvin harrison would be invested for a shooting....you would have thought that they were an insane liar