Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC East Division Forum

NFC East Division Forum Discuss the NFC East

Old 05-02-2008, 09:17 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default NFC East RB Rankings

Post yours!

Can someone from each team post the RB depth chart?

Cowboys:

RB Marion Barber / Felix Jones / Tashard Choice
FB Deon Anderson

Last edited by D-Unit : 05-03-2008 at 12:43 AM.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 03:59 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

Eagles-

RB- B. Westbrook, L. Booker, C. Buckhalter, T. Hunt, R. Moats
FB- J. Davis, D. Klecko, [K. Wilson], [T. Hunt]

Last edited by eaglesfan_45 : 05-18-2008 at 03:49 PM.
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:47 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Skins:

RB- Clinton Portis, Ladell Betts, Rock Cartwhright
FB- Mike Sellers, Nememiah Broughton

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 02:37 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Brian Westbrook: The biggest homerun threat of all the backs in the league. Equally dangerous as a receiver as he is a runner.
2. Clinton Portis:The most versatile of the RB's in the conference. Tough in between the tackles, has the speed to take it outside, always finishes in the endzone. 2nd best receiving threat of the starters, and best blocker of the starters in the division. Marion Barber was the one who got all the hype and made the pro bowl over Portis, yet Portis quietly had 300 more yards and 1 more TD than Barber.
3. Marion Barber: Toughest to bring down after the hit of the 4 guys. Redzone finisher, though has never carried the full load even since college as some of the other guys. You also have to wonder about his health, the way he runs.
4. Brandon Jacobs: Similar to Barber in the difficulty to bring him down, punishing runner with surprisingly good speed in the open field. Awful receiver though, and some durability issues.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 02:48 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
1. Brian Westbrook: The biggest homerun threat of all the backs in the league. Equally dangerous as a receiver as he is a runner.
2. Clinton Portis:The most versatile of the RB's in the conference. Tough in between the tackles, has the speed to take it outside, always finishes in the endzone. 2nd best receiving threat of the starters, and best blocker of the starters in the division. Marion Barber was the one who got all the hype and made the pro bowl over Portis, yet Portis quietly had 300 more yards and 1 more TD than Barber.
3. Marion Barber: Toughest to bring down after the hit of the 4 guys. Redzone finisher, though has never carried the full load even since college as some of the other guys. You also have to wonder about his health, the way he runs.
4. Brandon Jacobs: Similar to Barber in the difficulty to bring him down, punishing runner with surprisingly good speed in the open field. Awful receiver though, and some durability issues.

Jacobs will split carries now with Bradshaw. Bradshaw didn't play until the Bills game late in the season. But now that we know what he brings to the table, Jacobs won't need to carry the ball as much.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 02:51 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
Jacobs will split carries now with Bradshaw. Bradshaw didn't play until the Bills game late in the season. But now that we know what he brings to the table, Jacobs won't need to carry the ball as much.
Yeah I actually like Bradshaw better for the system because he is so shifty and slippery. Jacobs delivers the punch, but Bradshaw gets the yards and can actually catch a football. Very good combination to have though. Really I think the NFC east in general, every single team is in the upper half of the league in terms of skilled positions.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 11:57 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Really I think the NFC east in general, every single team is in the upper half of the league in terms of skilled positions.
So true, its going to be competitive as hell, and our hardest games are always the division games, each and every one...I also think the Giants are much better with Bradshaw getting more carries, he's prone to break off a 60 yd run each time he gets the ball, you have to get those guys on the field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 10:33 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
So true, its going to be competitive as hell, and our hardest games are always the division games, each and every one...I also think the Giants are much better with Bradshaw getting more carries, he's prone to break off a 60 yd run each time he gets the ball, you have to get those guys on the field.
That was the element we were missing.. Droughns wouldn't break one, and Jacobs will wear you down, and get a good yards per carry avg, but overall not a fear or breaking a 60 or 65 yard run. He has the potential, and speed, but someone will trip him up by going at his legs or ankles. But now with Bradshaw being "tiki-esque", he has better vision, much agility, and good speed to break away and score. I would even say breaks more tackles than Jacobs.

So that would be an underrated move that alot of division rivals might over see. They will be talking about Jacobs, but forgot that during the later part of the season, and playoffs, Bradshaw was in there just as much doing his thing. In fact had it not been for his incidents at Marshall, he would have been drafted in the same round as Marion Barber or Jacobs. But Bradshaw graded high, but his off the field stuff, at a time when the commish was cracking down, caused him to drop.

As a giants fan, I'd prefer more Bradshaw. But Jacobs, Bradshaw AND Ward is a damn good trio in my opinion.
Old 05-08-2008, 01:48 PM    (permalink
toddmlazarchick
Veteran

toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick

Portis

Barber

Westbrook

Jacobs/Bradshaw

2011 FA: FS - OJ Atogwe
2011 Draft Picks: Ryan Kerrigan-OLB-Purdue, Jarvis Jenkins-DE-Clemson, Leonard Hankerson-WR-Miami, Roy Helu-RB-Nebraska, DeJon Gomes-CB/S-Nebraska, Niles Paul-WR-Nebraska, Evan Royster-RB-Penn State, Aldrick Robinson-WR-SMU, Brandyn Thompson-CB-Boise State, Maurice Hurt-OG-Florida, Markus White-OLB-Florida State, Chris Neild-NT-West Virginia
toddmlazarchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 01:49 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddmlazarchick View Post
Portis

Barber

Westbrook

Jacobs/Bradshaw
That's not right and you know it.
Old 05-08-2008, 05:55 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
That was the element we were missing.. Droughns wouldn't break one, and Jacobs will wear you down, and get a good yards per carry avg, but overall not a fear or breaking a 60 or 65 yard run. He has the potential, and speed, but someone will trip him up by going at his legs or ankles. But now with Bradshaw being "tiki-esque", he has better vision, much agility, and good speed to break away and score. I would even say breaks more tackles than Jacobs.

So that would be an underrated move that alot of division rivals might over see. They will be talking about Jacobs, but forgot that during the later part of the season, and playoffs, Bradshaw was in there just as much doing his thing. In fact had it not been for his incidents at Marshall, he would have been drafted in the same round as Marion Barber or Jacobs. But Bradshaw graded high, but his off the field stuff, at a time when the commish was cracking down, caused him to drop.

As a giants fan, I'd prefer more Bradshaw. But Jacobs, Bradshaw AND Ward is a damn good trio in my opinion.

Yea I forgot Ward was playing really well actually before he broke his leg, I'd like to think he bought himself some carries this year, I didn't really see Bradshaw until Ward went down for good...Guess all 3 guys have to be given carries, at the least it keeps guys fresh...I'd go back to using Jacobs in his role he was in when Tiki was there, when he's fresh and you need a few yards he's like Barber in that sense where he's almost a lock to get it...His injury concerns are there so it would keep his carries down, and Ward and Bradshaw could rotate series, either way I'm sure all three will get their chances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddmlazarchick View Post
Portis

Barber

Westbrook

Jacobs/Bradshaw

You amaze me the more you post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 09:24 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Yea I forgot Ward was playing really well actually before he broke his leg, I'd like to think he bought himself some carries this year, I didn't really see Bradshaw until Ward went down for good...Guess all 3 guys have to be given carries, at the least it keeps guys fresh...I'd go back to using Jacobs in his role he was in when Tiki was there, when he's fresh and you need a few yards he's like Barber in that sense where he's almost a lock to get it...His injury concerns are there so it would keep his carries down, and Ward and Bradshaw could rotate series, either way I'm sure all three will get their chances.

Yup, I remember, the chicago game was a sick game for him! He played very well! I like our running back corps. It's not sexy by any means, but they will be productive, especially with the concept runs we run.

Yeah and we have Droughns and Ware as well. So those 3 plus these 2 make it 5 guys on the squad. So I am not worried about our running game at all, especially if Jacobs and them can stay healthy.

On another note, anyone else get annoyed at the fact people think our division is over rated? I personally think we have the best division in football. I don't think you guys are over rated, but I am getting annoyed at people calling us over rated. I mean if winning the superbowl gets you the highest rating, then we have it. We can't be over rated... or even under rated. We are rated at the highest level based on us winning. I hate all our teams in our division but I sure as hell respect all of them, especially against other fans knocking our divison. 11 superbowls for 3 teams in our divison is pretty damn sick in my book!
Old 05-09-2008, 10:05 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The best unit is probably Dallas'. Best run game is a different story. But Choice is a superb number 3, and Jones is a great balance to Barber.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 06:33 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watch out for the Eagles. I'm not being a homer, but the what the Eagles have in Booker is scary. When he is lined up in formation with Westy, bad things will happen to opposing defenses. Having two RBs with WR-like ability on the field with amazing speed will not end well for defenses. In three days of his first camp with the Eagles, only one week after joining the team, made one mistake in all of those days combined. Watch out for Booker, he is a guy that will make a major impact for the Eagles right away.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 12:16 AM    (permalink
amerker
Rookie

amerker hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

1.)Eagles-IMO brian westbrook is the best all around back in the league. think about what he has done behind a horrible o-line(see giants game), he can catch the ball out of the backfield, run between the tackles, you name it this guy does it
2)Dallas-i would have dallas at #1 but felix jones hasnt proven anything(though i think he will be good) The Barbarian is amazing to watch(punching/stiff-arms) and has quality backup in the inspiration that is tashard choice
3)Giants-as a cowboy fan i hate brandon jacobs but dude got game(i saw him feminize charles woodson in the playoffs).and Bradshaw was a great suprise that was fun to watch, i am very excited to see where he goes in his career
4)Redskins-I like portis but i also and he is a great player but the nfc east is stacked, he has quality backups in Coach Janky Spanky, Sheriff Gonnagetcha and, Dolemite Jenkins
amerker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 07:18 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Skins should be at least #3 on that list. Portis is still really good, and really balanced. They have a real good backup in Ladell Betts, though he leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to blocking. Ask Giants fans, Jacobs isn't as good as some beleive him to be, though he certainly is a fine #2 option, and I do love to watch him. Bradshaw is young and coud gain the number 1 RB this year, but their #3 RB Ward is also a good option. There is a lot of competition at RB for the giants. 1-3 Rb is very much interchangeable as either Jacobs, Bradshaw, or Ward could win the #1 spot. Its funny this division, as a valid argument can be made for almost every team having the #1 RB corp, or any position for that matter. Personally, I would take the Skins RB combo over the Cowboys, but I would take Barber over Portis. That is a just my personal preference though.

Old 05-14-2008, 07:27 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Heres how I rate it
1. Eagles. Westbrook is top 3 in the league, and there is a ton of quality RBs behind him
2. Redskins. Portis is a great all-around back who is also great out of the backfield, and Betts is one fo the better backup runners in the league
3. Cowboys. Barber is a beast (actually has my favorite running style of any RB in the league) and jOnes is promising, though unproven, and Choice is a sleepr guy if you ask me. All three could see touches and all will be great in their respective roles.
4. Giants. Its wierd when the SB champs with a trio as talented and versatile as Jacobs, Bradshaw, and Ward is ranked at the bottom of th edivision. But neither of them can be confidently named a starter at this point. Each bring something very different and very special to the feild, but their needs to be more seen from each.
As you can tell I am someone who values experience highly. Westbrook and Portis have the most experience, and Betts has the most experience of the backups. Jones and Choice are promising, and I like both a lot, but we don't really know what we have out of them yet. The Giants don't have a true Starter and RB, and that is something that probably will be decided by the end of the year.

Old 05-14-2008, 08:54 AM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.

Westbrook
Portis
Marion the Barbarian
Ahmad Bradshaw
Brandon Jacobs
Felix Jones
Derek Ward
Laddell Betts
Lorenzo Booker
TheGreatEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 10:01 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatEscape View Post
Westbrook
Portis
Marion the Barbarian
Ahmad Bradshaw
Brandon Jacobs
Felix Jones
Derek Ward
Laddell Betts
Lorenzo Booker
That looks about right, of the guys that get significant PT, that is how I would rank it. Jones is a little high, but he will be there by next year, and Booker will rise. He may not make as big of an impact in the running game, but he will be a big threat out of the backfield. I would also have Betts ahead of Ward and Jones, but like I said, Jones will develop into the spot ahead of Jacobs possibly. Booker may also develop to have a greater impact than Jacobs and Ward.

Old 05-14-2008, 06:20 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly i think that all these teams will try to put in a dual back system with one of those backs being a little more dominant.

my rankings:

1. COWBOYS

Marion Barber/ Felix Jones- really both have a lot to prove, Barber seemed really on and off and disappeared at the end of games, he also never really carried the load. Felix is a rookie, he really fits into what they want to do and compliments Barber well. As far as potential i think this duo is probably the best.

2. EAGLES

Westbrook and these guys (Booker/Buckhalter/Hunt/Moats)
If it were just on one back alone, its for sure the eagles with Westbrook. I love the guy, he is really underrated and basically carries the team IMO. If he had a good pound it out guy, the eagles would without a doubt be top 5 in rushing in the league. One of those other guys needs to step it up.

3. NEW YORK GIANTS

Ahmad Bradshaw/ Brandon Jacobs/ Derrick Ward
I was seriously considering putting them higher, but didnt want to be a homer even though i think we deserve more credit here. Bradshaw should be our starter IMO. He has everything to be an all around back. He's not just fast, he doesnt just have good moves and vision, he also is more than decent in pass protection, he can catch, and he runs with alot of power. Im not saying i dont like a little BJ at times, but he really cant do everything we need a back to do. Jacobs really wares down defenses so playing him does benefit everyone else, but we dont need him taking most of the carries and not seeing that much productivity or points. Derrick Ward should also get some carries, he is a pretty good all around back as well.

4. REDSKINS

Clinton Portis/ Ladell Betts
Portis alone is probably the second best back in this divison, he can do it all, just needs to stay healthy and have a good passing game, so the west coast offense hopefully will do this for them. Betts isnt really amazing but he is a very good backup and could steal some carries from Portis.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 06:29 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

^^^^^ I think the Skins should be above the Giants here, but i value experience more than you it seems. Both Portis and Betts have more experience than any Giants duo, or the trio even. The Eagles should be #1 IMO, but that is also because fo the experience. I agree that the Cowboys have more potential, but with Booker, the Eagles also have a TON of potential. The Giants also have plenty of potential. But neither of their RBs has proven that they should be above the Redskins RBs, IMO. Maybe in two or three years the Boys will be ahead of the Eagles and the Giants will be ahead of the Skins, but for now, I think the Eagles are ahead of the Boys, With the Skins in third, almost winning second over the Boys (Once again experience is a main contributor to that argument, and the Giants in 4th. In two or three years though, here is how I see it.
Boys, Eagles, Gaints, Skins.

Old 05-15-2008, 07:28 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
^^^^^ I think the Skins should be above the Giants here, but i value experience more than you it seems. Both Portis and Betts have more experience than any Giants duo, or the trio even. The Eagles should be #1 IMO, but that is also because fo the experience. I agree that the Cowboys have more potential, but with Booker, the Eagles also have a TON of potential. The Giants also have plenty of potential. But neither of their RBs has proven that they should be above the Redskins RBs, IMO. Maybe in two or three years the Boys will be ahead of the Eagles and the Giants will be ahead of the Skins, but for now, I think the Eagles are ahead of the Boys, With the Skins in third, almost winning second over the Boys (Once again experience is a main contributor to that argument, and the Giants in 4th. In two or three years though, here is how I see it.
Boys, Eagles, Gaints, Skins.
At this point I don't really think experience matters unless you are a first or second year player. However I think the Giants RBs gained a lot of experience in the playoffs this past year.

As a rushing attack as whole, let's not forget that the Cowboys had the worst run game out of the entire NFC East last year. The Giants had the best and were top 5 in the NFL. Unless we somehow pass even more than we did last year, I have no reason to think we won't be around where we were last year.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 07:36 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
At this point I don't really think experience matters unless you are a first or second year player. However I think the Giants RBs gained a lot of experience in the playoffs this past year.

As a rushing attack as whole, let's not forget that the Cowboys had the worst run game out of the entire NFC East last year. The Giants had the best and were top 5 in the NFL. Unless we somehow pass even more than we did last year, I have no reason to think we won't be around where we were last year.
Neither Ward nor Bradshow have had two years of NFL experience, and because of that, it is a factor. The same goes with Tashard Choice and Felix Jones. Lorenzo Booker is also a second year player. All of those guys fit your criteria of experience (or lack there of). There are different types of experience. Jacobs and Barber don't have much Starting experience either. Sure they've been around for a bit longer, but neither are seasoned veterans, and neither have been starting on a consistent basis. There are different types of experience, and there is lot of gaps in terms of experience in those guys.

Old 05-15-2008, 07:45 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Neither Ward nor Bradshow have had two years of NFL experience, and because of that, it is a factor. The same goes with Tashard Choice and Felix Jones. Lorenzo Booker is also a second year player. All of those guys fit your criteria of experience (or lack there of). There are different types of experience. Jacobs and Barber don't have much Starting experience either. Sure they've been around for a bit longer, but neither are seasoned veterans, and neither have been starting on a consistent basis. There are different types of experience, and there is lot of gaps in terms of experience in those guys.
I just think RB is the position of least concern when it comes to experience. RBs can come in as rookies and contribute on winning teams without a hitch. The only real concern when it comes to experience is blitz pick up.

But I'm off the thought that RBs are extremely overrated anyway. Give me a great line and just plug some average guys back there. The Giants don't have any superstars but every guy they plugged back there contributed at a very high level. All had very great YPC.

Last edited by Jughead10 : 05-15-2008 at 07:48 AM.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 12:07 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

RB is one of the positions that experience is less of a factor, but it still is, just like you said. My argument against the Boys and Giants RBs has to do with a collective lack of experience. All three of the Giants main RBs (I'm counting Droughns out of it) lack a true amount of experience. Jacobs has a few seasons under his belt, but none of those season he started. Both Bradshaw and Ward have less than three years of experience, in which neither were the main guy. I like Jacobs, and I like Bradshaw, but experience always helps in any situation. In the Cowboys instance, Barber has been around for a while, but has not carried the load on a consistent basis. Can he carry the load? I THINK he could, but I just don't know, and no one does right now. The same can be said about either of the Giants RBs. Felix Jones is a nice pcikup for the Cowboys, but is new to the system. I THINK him and Barber will make a good thunder/lightning combo, but, once again, we don't know. We know what we are going to get out of Westbrook and Portis as long as they stay healthy, and to an extent, we know what we are going to get out of Ladell Betts, that is why I am higher on those RBs than some others perhaps may be.