Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-04-2008, 08:22 AM    (permalink
L-Train79

There are always people who are predicted to go high in the next draft but then free fall for some reason. i.e. Brian Brohm, DeSean Jackson, Calais Campbell Who do you guys think will be that player next year?
Old 05-04-2008, 08:23 AM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I say Tim Tebow, only because I am curious as to how his game translates into the NFL. I know he can throw but right now he does a lot of option stuff, and most Florida QB's don't really do much in the NFL...
Old 05-04-2008, 08:23 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

basically any QB and RB

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 08:37 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Moreno and Tebow.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 08:57 AM    (permalink
L-Train79

I see a WR dropping. I can see Percy Harvin dropping or Darrius Heyward-Bey dropping. I know they are both great right now, but I wouldn't be surprised.
Old 05-04-2008, 10:08 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Beanie Wells drop.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 10:21 AM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On a side note I can't really see any QB falling too far, perhaps outside of Tebow due to his playing style. None of the senior QBs are gonna get consideration as a high 1st rounder and therefore is someone like Stafford or Bradford declared, their stock would be so much higher due to the dropoff.

I think the stock of Myron Rolle or Taylor Mays could take a hit, their coverage abilities are not great by any means.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Yatta! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 10:37 AM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can see Percy Harvin

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 11:05 AM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Tebow has too much to offer as an overall athlete to fall very far. You take a look at guys like Vince Young and Jamarcus Russell and the superior passing abilities of the guys who fell beneath them, and it's hard to imagine Tebow falling very fall at all. I think he'll definitely be a project (who isn't?) as an NFL QB, but to most teams he would be considered a pretty safe investment with about as much to gain as is possible at that position. He's got that outstanding rushing ability to fall back on. That alone will make everything he does as a passer a bit easier than it is for the average QB. To me, he's what you'd get if Vick's dad went raw up inside Roethlisberger's mom. GM's are salivating at the thought of that.
Old 05-04-2008, 11:19 AM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

While trying not to sound too "homerish"...I think Tebow will drastically improve as a pocket passer this season...it's already been stated by Urban Meyer that Tebow will not run nearly as much as he did this past year...plus they will be running a two QB system....and not to mention the UF backfield has drastically improved this season...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 01:12 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22 View Post
While trying not to sound too "homerish"...I think Tebow will drastically improve as a pocket passer this season...it's already been stated by Urban Meyer that Tebow will not run nearly as much as he did this past year...plus they will be running a two QB system....and not to mention the UF backfield has drastically improved this season...
Who will be the 2nd QB in the system?

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 08:15 AM    (permalink
StaticGator
Rookie

StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.

Laurinaitis
StaticGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 09:56 AM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

kmartin575 needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22 View Post
So how does a 2 QB system help his case?
kmartin575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 10:00 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

pretty much any one rated 7-12 right now will fall/the juniors who were rated top 10 last year. Some will fall hard other not so much
Old 05-06-2008, 11:02 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder&Lightning View Post
I can see Percy Harvin
I agree with Harvin

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 11:04 AM    (permalink
SMoore
Rookie

SMoore hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SMoore hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i can see selvie falling by next year
small, might not have jaw-dropping workouts
plus it's hard to follow up the kind of year that he had
SMoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 11:57 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I doubt Harvin "falls" per say, whose saying his stock is top 10? Because if he is going to be 170 lbs also you can forget about that, he might be in top 10 in mocks on here and on other sites, but I surely wouldn't classify it as a fall if he goes late round 1, nobody is spending a premium pick these days on guys who are slot WR's at best, if he shows up around Ginn's size and shows he can offer something more then a slot/gadget guy this year then yes I can see it, otherwise I dont see it, even if he is more explosive then Desean Jackson...I know Dallas isn't the only team who feels this way, but teams looking for #1 WR's wont spend a pick on a guy like that, same way we passed Jackson we would pass up Harvin I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 12:24 PM    (permalink
asmitty45
Veteran

asmitty45 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Moreno, he'll get over-evaluated and fall to a good team towards the end of the 1st early 2nd round

I saw Curtis Painter in someone's top 15 and if he is rated that highly now, he'll fall greatly from there IMO.

I can see Harvin drawing a ton of DeSean Jackson comparisons and falling as well.

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21
asmitty45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 03:22 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

James Laurinaitis
CashmoneyDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tebow isn't going to get a big drop off as he's not rated really high. NFL personnel know that option plays and such doesn't translate to the NFL.

Laurinaitis will have a fall.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 08:03 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RBs almost always fall on draft day, DeAngelo Williams, Mendenhall were all mocked in the top 15 picks or so and later ended up in the 20s. Portis, Drew, Addai are all backs who had a bit of a fall as well.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont know if anyone said it because I didnt look but I'll say Michael Crabtree.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 10:19 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going with Moreno if he declares. I just don't think he's that good. He had one great game against Florida, and then runs all over poor run-defenses in Troy (7.5 YPC), Vandy (5.6 YPC), KY (5.6 YPC), South Carolina (7.4 YPC) and Western Carolina (7.2 YPC). When he faced good DEF's, he averaged less than 5.0 YPC. Tennessee held him to 2.3 YPC on 13 carries, and Georgia Tech held him to 2.6 YPC on 17 carries. Against Oklahoma St. he had a 3.4 YPC avg. on 20 carries, @Alabama he rushed 17 times at 4.4 YPC, and against Auburn he averaged 4.6 YPC on 22 rushes.

Moreno is supposed to be a Top 3 RB in next year's draft. I don't want my franchise RB to be like Cedric Benson - run for 200-yds against Kansas and run for 40-yds against Oklahoma. Aside from Moreno's game against Florida, he's Cedric Benson. He'll drop if he teams think he'll turn out like Benson did.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmitty45 View Post
I saw Curtis Painter in someone's top 15 and if he is rated that highly now, he'll fall greatly from there IMO.
Here is the fall. Painter the #1 or 2 senior QB for most people? What has he shown to justify that? Or is it that no one else has shown anything? Either way, come draft time, I'll be surprised if he's anyone's #1 or 2 QB.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 06:08 AM    (permalink
SMoore
Rookie

SMoore hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SMoore hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
I'm going with Moreno if he declares. I just don't think he's that good. He had one great game against Florida, and then runs all over poor run-defenses in Troy (7.5 YPC), Vandy (5.6 YPC), KY (5.6 YPC), South Carolina (7.4 YPC) and Western Carolina (7.2 YPC). When he faced good DEF's, he averaged less than 5.0 YPC. Tennessee held him to 2.3 YPC on 13 carries, and Georgia Tech held him to 2.6 YPC on 17 carries. Against Oklahoma St. he had a 3.4 YPC avg. on 20 carries, @Alabama he rushed 17 times at 4.4 YPC, and against Auburn he averaged 4.6 YPC on 22 rushes.

Moreno is supposed to be a Top 3 RB in next year's draft. I don't want my franchise RB to be like Cedric Benson - run for 200-yds against Kansas and run for 40-yds against Oklahoma. Aside from Moreno's game against Florida, he's Cedric Benson. He'll drop if he teams think he'll turn out like Benson did.

Well don't rush judgement on Moreno. You have to remember that was his first year of game action and he did very well all things considered. I think he will improve this year but he will still have a couple unspectacular games against good competition. It happens to everyone.
SMoore is offline   Reply With Quote