Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 05-04-2008, 04:15 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Attention Minnesotans!!

I, fischbowl, am going on vacation to the great state of Minnesota this summer. I will be spending 4 days in the Twin Cities area and possibly venturing northward to Brainerd or southbound to the prairies. Things I will be doing:

-Twins Hat Day Aug 2nd
-Mall of America
-Seeing Whatever Charles Schulz/Snoopy Stuff There Is
-Seeing Whatever Coen's Stuff There Is (Probable Trip To Brainerd, Home Of Paul Bunyan and The Big Blue Ox)

Can You give me any recommendations as to things to do, where to eat, what to see, etc.

Anything relatable to Charles Schulz or the Coens is helpful

Thanks

Fischbowl, World Traveller

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 04:20 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
I, fischbowl, am going on vacation to the great state of Minnesota this summer. I will be spending 4 days in the Twin Cities area and possibly venturing northward to Brainerd or southbound to the prairies. Things I will be doing:

-Twins Hat Day Aug 2nd
-Mall of America
-Seeing Whatever Coen's Stuff There Is (Probable Trip To Brainerd, Home Of Paul Bunyan and The Big Blue Ox)

Can You give me any recommendations as to things to do, where to eat, what to see, etc.

Thanks

I would HIGHLY recommend a restaurant near the Metrodome called JD Hoyt's. They have probably the best steaks in the state. If it is after a game, you will most likely see the visiting team eating there.

http://www.jdhoyts.com/

It's spendy, but definitely worth it IMO.

As far as anything else, you've pretty much got it covered. Not a ton to do here, but the MOA is really fun if you've never been there.
Old 05-04-2008, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alert, hide your women. :p
Old 05-04-2008, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You better get your ass to Toronto for TIFF Fisch.
Old 05-04-2008, 09:07 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
You better get your ass to Toronto for TIFF Fisch.
Don't worry Gonzo, I'll be there

Old 05-06-2008, 08:30 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just to let you know... the "talking" Paul Bunyan has been moved out of Brainerd.

Here is a link to the "new" Paul Bunyan Land website:

http://www.thisoldfarm.net/home.htm

Welcome to the greatest state around!
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post

-Twins Hat Day Aug 2nd
-Mall of America

Thanks

I love that you're considering visiting Brainerd after looking at your signature. Yah? Yah!
Old 05-06-2008, 07:30 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiddler View Post
I love that you're considering visiting Brainerd after looking at your signature. Yah? Yah!
Alright here's an idea. I know this place outside of Brainerd where we can get laid, what do you think?