Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-04-2008, 11:43 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, that is surprising. And it sucks.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 08:13 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

mug shot

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 10:53 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
ATLDirtybirds just had a heart attack
I was close. I thought it was a joke at first. Doesn't seem to be too serious though.
Old 05-05-2008, 11:06 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sp...oley_0506.html

That's the update. He "got physical" with his wife.
Old 05-05-2008, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The minute I heard this I figured he hit is wife. I find it funny how Falcon fans were all saying he probably was protecting his son after it was revealed it happened at his home but what did you think happened, someone broke in a tried to punch his son? I guess you all just wanted to hope he did nothing wrong. The fact is he has two children from different mothers and regardless of whether he cleaned up his act or not that does not scream character guy to me.
Old 05-05-2008, 02:55 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dude he is on the Falcons. Two children from different mothers gets him the 'Classiest player on the Falcons' award.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 03:43 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

she accused him of cheating on her, he pushed her out the house. that to me looks like something that isn't even close to suspension worth. this kind of battery will get a fine from the GOVT and from the NFL. she has no injury, and he wasn't trying to cause harm, just get her out of the house.

and he is a character guy. the first mom left Boley after she was cheating on him.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 07:00 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to my local sports talk show on the radio...

Boley's wife confronted him about him allegedly cheating, in which Boley denied and an argument broke out. Boley was angry, and wanted to leave the house. Boley went to look for his car keys, but he had been drinking, so his wife hid the keys from him and wouldn't allow him to drive while intoxicated. Boley called his mother to try to get her to speak with his wife, but when his wife refused the phone call, Boley became physical. He pushed her around the house, over the sofa, into a cupboard door, which caused a bruise on her back, and eventually out of the house.

I don't give a crap how much of a "character guy" Boley is. When alcohol is involved, you can throw how he acts when sober out of the window. He knocked around his wife, and to try to defend his actions would be in bad taste. Spousal abuse trumphs dog fighting, and Falcons fans better be thanking their lucky stars that Boley is an under-rated as he is, or else this would be making bigger headlines and getting more attention that the Cedric Benson deal.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 07:14 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am confused about your when alcohol is involved statement. Why would what you do sober be thrown out of the window? People are different, and of course, are more edgy. It makes more sense that he would do that when he has had alcohol and his wife confronts him about cheating. I dont condone that kind of action, but what he did doesnt make him a full fledged wife beater.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 05-05-2008, 07:50 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm completely zero tolerence when it comes to beating women. I also hate guys who cheat because of the stereotype that apparently all men use their dongs as the needle on their moral compasses. It's a double whammy for me, so I'm just gonna get that out there and I'm sure you agree with me - it's only nature for you to defend your player just like I initially did with "Pac-Man" Jones, so I know you're not condoning his actions.

I understand that there are always extenuating circumstances, but this doesn't have the looks of a guy getting all the frustration built up into him and lashing out in one single strike. Boley shoved his wife repeatedly and with enough force to send her over a coach and to inflict bruising after sending her into a cupboard handle, back first. He did that because his wife hid his keys so he wouldn't drink and drive! He did that because he was confronted for allegedly cheating - many people go on the offensive when they are being confronted in general, especially when drunk! Most wife beaters are drunk when they abuse their wives, which is why many wives stay with their husbands beause they blame the alcohol, not the man.

My statements were implying that alcohol could be the catalyst for his judgement and actions. Falcons fans see him as a high character guy, so him doing this doesn't make sense. But when alcohol is included into the mix, a person can go from Mr. Nice Guy to Mr. Jerkasauras Rex.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 05-05-2008, 08:22 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

And if alcohol is the catalyst, then why would you blame the person so much?

Old 05-05-2008, 09:22 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
mug shot

He's a scary ************. I wouldn't want to run the ball against him.
Old 05-05-2008, 09:30 PM    (permalink
DragonFireKai
Veteran

DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Because if alcohol was the issue, I doubt it's the first time he's had some.

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
The Destroyer Is Manifest!
I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk
DragonFireKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 10:39 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds
He's a scary ************. I wouldn't want to run the ball against him.
Please... Dude's got a booger up his nose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021
If a person hits a pedestrian while driving under the influence, then that driver is still responsible for his actions. They can't say, "I sorry occifer... It's the beer that's making me do it." A person is responsible for his actions whether he's drunk or not. Boley showed poor judgement while having alcohol in his system, but he showed worse judgement by putting himself in that position. If he hit his wife while he was intoxicated, then there's a chance he'll do it again.

His punishment will probably be manditory AA meetings, and either a fine or suspension similar to what Jared Allen received.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:43 PM    (permalink
tom
Veteran

tom smells like sex panther.tom smells like sex panther.

LOL! Boley is battery charged?
Old 05-05-2008, 11:20 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It could be worse... *cough* Marvin Harrison *cough*

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 12:12 AM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
If a person hits a pedestrian while driving under the influence, then that driver is still responsible for his actions. They can't say, "I sorry occifer... It's the beer that's making me do it." A person is responsible for his actions whether he's drunk or not. Boley showed poor judgement while having alcohol in his system, but he showed worse judgement by putting himself in that position. If he hit his wife while he was intoxicated, then there's a chance he'll do it again.
Exactly, the law basically says that if you knowingly alter your consciousness with a controlled substance of any sort, you are responsible for your actions while under the influence of that substance with very few exceptions. If you get married in Vegas or something to that effect the courts may annul the marriage, but they don't have to. The only time that altered consciousness is a forward defense is if your consciousness was altered by substance without your consent, so to speak (being "ruphied" or otherwise drugged would qualify)
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 05:03 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

His punishment will probably be manditory AA meetings, and either a fine or suspension similar to what Jared Allen received.

Um. You're going so hard on him.. I didn't see this Campaign for Leonard Little or Jared Allen..

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 01:11 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Quote:

Well I am not trying to say that he isnt responsible for his actions, because is. What I am basically trying to say is what Shiver said. It could have been worse. I am glad his wife only got away with a bruise and I applaud her for what she did. Boley needs to act more mature. He isnt nearly the high character guy I had once thought he was.

Old 05-07-2008, 04:21 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Look, in these situations a police report is not objective. It is based on the only witness who is not the accused - namely, Boley's wife. And she is hardly impartial at the moment. The next step is for Boley to respond to the charge. That may not be released to the public, unlike the police report.

In short, don't assume that the police report is accurate. That is the case at its highest, as stated by Boley's wife, the alleged victim. It may be entirely accurate. It may not.