Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 05-04-2008, 08:39 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Michael Boley arrested for assault.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sp...oley_0505.html

Might as well say goodbye to him. What do you guys think? 3rd round pick or 4th?

Edit: Charged with Battery. (can someone change the title?)

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Last edited by d34ng3l021 : 05-04-2008 at 08:42 PM.
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 08:56 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sp...oley_0505.html

Might as well say goodbye to him. What do you guys think? 3rd round pick or 4th?

Edit: Charged with Battery. (can someone change the title?)

**** this. I can live with taking the high road with draft choices, but this is our home-grown stud. He better stay.
Old 05-04-2008, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I cant beleive this from Boley. **** that sucks.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 09:02 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really still cant believe it. I just keep hoping he was defending his son or something. But know the Falcons, it probably isnt.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 05-04-2008, 09:03 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I really still cant believe it. I just keep hoping he was defending his son or something. But know the Falcons, it probably isnt.
When I saw the thread title, I thought you were joking.
Old 05-04-2008, 09:04 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you really think we'll let him go cause of this?
what the **** is wrong with this organization!
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I thought he was one of our big high character guys, buy idk. My first thought on this was that it was self-defense.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 05-04-2008, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
you really think we'll let him go cause of this?
what the **** is wrong with this organization!
Our FO is not gonna like this especially with how much they are stressing high character. So you never know but i doubt they do. They might suspend him.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 05-04-2008, 09:13 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
When I saw the thread title, I thought you were joking.
When I first saw it, I thought it was a joke too. I thought no way this can be right.

I guess it all depends on the situation now. If it seemed reasonable for what he did, I think our FO lets it pass. If however it isnt, then I not only expect the FO to do something about it, but I want it.

Of course I dont want him to be traded, but I think the FO needs to make an example out of this and show some disciplinary action against this, JUST to show that team members cannot go around doing this. Maybe a large fine, or 1-2 game suspension. The team needs to know things like this will not at all fly. Thats a huge problem I had with the Bengals dealing with their delinquents. Yes, something bad happened. What matters now is how you deal with it. Making Boley an example is painful, but we need to send a lesson to the team.

Old 05-04-2008, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nah...they won't trade him. He's very young and very talented and, as stated by the article, he's one of the franchise's building blocks. I think they'll just tell him to make sure the incident doesn't repeat itself, and hopefully it doesn't.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 09:29 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That article is terrible it didn't even say what happened. I doubt they'll cut him, this stuff happens all the time in sports.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

The arrest happened at his home, the battery could of happened at his home as well, that would not be good.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 05-04-2008, 10:56 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you can be attacked, and still be charged with battery through self defense. considering it's just simple battery, it coudl be that someone broke into his house and he took them out.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar988 View Post
you can be attacked, and still be charged with battery through self defense. considering it's just simple battery, it coudl be that someone broke into his house and he took them out.
i like the optimism.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 05-05-2008, 04:19 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Well, that sucks. Still, not worth over-reacting just yet. We'll see what happens.
Old 05-05-2008, 07:12 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

he doesn't look happy.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 05-05-2008, 07:14 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Poor falcon fans. You guys just can't catch a break the last few seasons. But maybe you'll get lucky and win the perennial crapshoot that is the NFC South. Last to First again?

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 08:02 AM    (permalink
catcher_0_3
Rookie

catcher_0_3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
Poor falcon fans. You guys just can't catch a break the last few seasons. But maybe you'll get lucky and win the perennial crapshoot that is the NFC South. Last to First again?
...look at our roster...
catcher_0_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 09:59 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sp...oley_0506.html

There's the update.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:36 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm going to be pissed if he's gone, friggin PISSED.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 11:50 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

theres no way this one thing tarnishes his whole reputation of being a good guy. if the friggin bengals gave henry all those chances we better give one to boley. he's gonna be an amazing player for us.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:14 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's just one little thing. I agree with "thefalconer", this wont tarnish his reputation, hes still a great guy and a great player. We better lock him up with a long deal

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 01:18 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

What a *****. I bet she was all up on Boley's grill and ****.

Old 05-05-2008, 02:45 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
theres no way this one thing tarnishes his whole reputation of being a good guy. if the friggin bengals gave henry all those chances we better give one to boley. he's gonna be an amazing player for us.
she accused him of cheating on her, he pushed her out the house. that to me looks like something that isn't even close to suspension worth. this kind of battery will get a fine from the GOVT and from the NFL. she has no injury, and he wasn't trying to cause harm, just get her out of the house. this won't hrrt his rep in any way.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 03:16 PM    (permalink
oldLibid21
Veteran

oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar988 View Post
she accused him of cheating on her, he pushed her out the house. that to me looks like something that isn't even close to suspension worth. this kind of battery will get a fine from the GOVT and from the NFL. she has no injury, and he wasn't trying to cause harm, just get her out of the house. this won't hrrt his rep in any way.
Didn't he throw her over the couch and pushed her against the wall? That sounds kind of harsh to me. This really is disappointing. Here we are thinking Boley was the perfect linebacker for this defense, and he does something that tarnishes his reputation on the Falcons' filter. Hopefully, Dimitroff and company will only see this is a bump on the road in Boley's life and let him slip for this one instance.
oldLibid21 is offline   Reply With Quote