Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 05-05-2008, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Record in 2008?

Hey guys, with our influx of young talent in this years draft, what do you think our record will be? I was looking at the schedule and thought it'd be another topic.

@ NE: Although I am a homer, I don't see us winning this one 24-10(0-1)
Oakland:Darren McFadden leaves with a bad taste in his mouth as he leaves arrowhead with 100 yd game, but a defeat 21-17(1-1)
@ATL: This isi an iffy game....let's say we put it out(2-1)
Denver: Tradition say we always beat them at arrowhead, plus I don't know anyone outside of Elvis as their pass rushers...(3-1)
@Carolina: Another really tough game, we lose (3-2)
BYE
Tennessee: I personally think Eddie Drummond helped the titans beat us last year, we win(4-2) 20-17
@NYJ: They shouldn't of beaten us LAST Year, Glen Dorsey **** kicks Eric Mangini's offensive line.(5-2)
TB:Tough to win against a playoff team like TB(5-3)
@SD: No chance(5-4)
NO: Ok, I think they are like the Vermiel Chiefs, we pull it out as NO realizes you also need to field a Defense to win games....perhaps Brodie makes a statement here(6-4)
Bills: At home, I think talent wise(don't know much about the bills) they are better, give it to them (6-5)
@OAK: The Streak continues!(7-5)
SD: I'm trying to stay realistic, loss(7-6)
Miami: Tamba painfully reminds them that Jake Long is a much better RT than LT(ok, maybe one sack....) and miami losses(8-6)
@Cincy--I don't think Cincy will have much of a reason to continue playing, all their starters are either in jail or finding a new bail bondsman(9-7) We sniff the door of the playoffs but come just short...

Thoughts guy? I'm really bored and lazy today..I think I'm a little overly optimisitic but I really don't think it's entirely out of the question.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:01 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
Hey guys, with our influx of young talent in this years draft, what do you think our record will be? I was looking at the schedule and thought it'd be another topic.

@ NE: Although I am a homer, I don't see us winning this one 24-10(0-1)
Oakland:Darren McFadden leaves with a bad taste in his mouth as he leaves arrowhead with 100 yd game, but a defeat 21-17(1-1)
@ATL: This isi an iffy game....let's say we put it out(2-1)
Denver: Tradition say we always beat them at arrowhead, plus I don't know anyone outside of Elvis as their pass rushers...(3-1)
@Carolina: Another really tough game, we lose (3-2)
BYE
Tennessee: I personally think Eddie Drummond helped the titans beat us last year, we win(4-2) 20-17
@NYJ: They shouldn't of beaten us LAST Year, Glen Dorsey **** kicks Eric Mangini's offensive line.(5-2)
TB:Tough to win against a playoff team like TB(5-3)
@SD: No chance(5-4)
NO: Ok, I think they are like the Vermiel Chiefs, we pull it out as NO realizes you also need to field a Defense to win games....perhaps Brodie makes a statement here(6-4)
Bills: At home, I think talent wise(don't know much about the bills) they are better, give it to them (6-5)
@OAK: The Streak continues!(7-5)
SD: I'm trying to stay realistic, loss(7-6)
Miami: Tamba painfully reminds them that Jake Long is a much better RT than LT(ok, maybe one sack....) and miami losses(8-6)
@Cincy--I don't think Cincy will have much of a reason to continue playing, all their starters are either in jail or finding a new bail bondsman(9-7) We sniff the door of the playoffs but come just short...

Thoughts guy? I'm really bored and lazy today..I think I'm a little overly optimisitic but I really don't think it's entirely out of the question.

You probably are overly optomisitic, but one thing you can say is our schedule really isn't too bad this season. I think we will probably win between 4 and 6 games this year though most of how we play we depend on how well Croyle acclimates himself. I'm worried about our depth this year also as we have improved our starting lineup talent but we are dangerously thin at many positions. There are scernerio's though like yours above where we could pull some suprises ecspcially in a divison like ours which seems to be full of questions outside of San Deigo. I'm anxious to get started.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 10:34 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

@ NE: L
vs Oakland: L
@ ATL: W
vs Denver: W
@ Carolina: L
vs Tennessee: L
@ NYJ: W
vs TB: L
@ SD: L
vs NO: L
vs Bills: L
@ Oak: L
vs SD: L
vs Miami: W
@ Cincy: L

4-12...top 5 pick

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 02:33 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm gunna say we go 5 and 11. Some improvements, but need more overall.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 10:37 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I say 6-10 for KC
Old 05-06-2008, 11:40 AM    (permalink
KCStud
Rookie

KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

@ NE: L
vs Oakland: W
@ ATL: W
vs Denver: W
@ Carolina: L
vs Tennessee: L
@ NYJ: L
vs TB: L
@ SD: L
vs NO: L
vs Bills: W
@ Oak: W
vs SD: L
vs Miami: W
@ Cincy: L

6-10...we pick anywhere from 8-14

JUST DRAFT A QB DAMNIT!!!
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 03:34 PM    (permalink
matts22
Rookie

matts22 smells like sex panther.

I really hope we either get 3-5 wins or 10+ wins. Personally, I'm tired of having no chance at a super bowl but still picking 20th in the draft. If we only win 3-5 games, I just want to see some promise out of our young players.
matts22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 04:06 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

word. if i see progress with the team ill be happy
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 04:22 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
word. if i see progress with the team ill be happy
What's up boe!

Old 05-06-2008, 04:30 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
What's up boe!
hows life vidae!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 09:59 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At best 8-8 but that is just being nice I'm thinking more like 6-10 or 7-9 I would be shocked if we won more then 8 games.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:18 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I would be shocked if we won more than 6. That is why the NFL is so great though! Anything can happen. :)

If we have a top 10 pick we could potentially pick up a franchise signal-caller if the Croyle experiment doesn't pan out.

Old 05-09-2008, 09:31 AM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys' really think we'll lose to the Bengals and Saints? I think the Bengals are falling apart(as usual) and they lost some big name guys(Madieu Williams to begin with).

Also, the Titans? I think we were a better team than them LAST YEAR, why wouldn't we beat them this year?
Old 05-09-2008, 12:44 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

@ NE: L - Patriots in their place? Not the best environment for a young team to start.

vs Oakland: W - Two young teams, I think home field advantage will help.

@ ATL: L - This one could go either way, two young teams...the Falcons have two DEs (Abraham and Anderson) who I think could give our young starting tackles fits.

vs Denver: L - Hate to throw away a home game against the Donks, but Cutler and the offense have some experience, I think they take this one.

@ Carolina: L - Assumes that Delhomme will be healthy. If he's out, the Chiefs could take this one. Our lack of a pass rush will be the culprit.

vs Tennessee: W - Not particularly fan of their passing game and I think the Chiefs will prove capable of shutting down their running game. Huge game for our O-Line, the Titans D-Line is stout.

@ NYJ: W - Jets roster is in turmoil, although they had a big free agency period, that rarely works out beneficial. Lack of a pass rush could hurt here.

vs TB: L - The Bucs look to be really good this year. Not sure which of their 7 QBs will play, but with their lines they could give us trouble this year.

@ SD: L - LT and Rivers look like they'll be healthy, the defense will be dominating again, and we'll be playing in San Diego.

vs NO: W - I'm going with a slight upset due to home setting. I like the Saints defense with Vilma and Ellis added, but the team seems inconsistent and injury prone to me.

vs Bills: L - I think (depending on the progress of Trent Edwards) that the Bills will give the Patriots a run for their money. That team is looking pretty good.

@ Oak: W - I imagine Al will do something crazy to throw the team into disarray late in the year...like fire Kiffin. He's an idiot, to the Chiefs benefit.

@ Den: L - In Denver, have to give it to Denver, I expect the Chiefs to be playing very well by now.

vs SD: L - San Diego will be gearing for a playoff run at this point, scrape past the Chiefs.

vs Miami: L - Surprise loss of the season, close fought game, the fear of Parcells will push the Dolphins late in the season.

@ Cincy: W - The Chiefs will finish on a high note, beating the Bengals whose team is decimated by illegal activities and primadonna wide receivers.

6-10. Improvement over last year by 2 games, should put us in good draft position again and a lot of playing time should be had by a lot of young guys. This team will surprise in 2009.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Do you guys' think our Pass rush will be that decimated? I think Tamba has been underrated, I've read that Gunther says that Tamba did have quite a few shots to get to the QB and did flush the guy out of the pocket a lot. This had to affect JA's sack total....not discrediting the guy but I don't think there is a huge drop off when comparing Tamba and Allen. We will get a good push up the middle with our promising DT's(I don't know how much GD will impact, DT's take a long time to develop...I hope he's an impact player immediately, but history certainly doesn't dictate that.)but certainly tank and Boone can help fold the pocket. Then on the other side we have Turk and Johnston, we'd get a decent pass rush from that side, considering that one of them is a "pass rush specialist". Granted, we'll have a drop off, but we should still be top ten in pressures and sacks.

You always add a very realistic pov, I could see us having that record..another question...will Herm keep his job if we are six and 10? I hope so, I certainly like the path we are going with this team.
Old 05-10-2008, 09:52 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Pressure up the middle will open up both of our defensive ends and linebackers to make plays now. Without a strong presence in the middle last year, Jared still got 15.5 sacks. Imagine our ends and LBs when they can't double team one person. With Tank and Dorsey in the middle, it'll open up lanes for Tamba and Turk/Johnston to have a big impact.

Old 05-11-2008, 07:17 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't really seen Tamba exhibit the same kind of explosive last step that Jared seemed to display when getting to the QB. Tamba is more of a motor never stops, he keeps running constantly kind of a guy. Is Tamba good for 8-10 sacks a year, I think he is. I would be surprised if he was a constant, 12-14 sack a year guy though.

And right now the left defensive end spot is in the air. Herm seems pretty intent on having Boone be that guy, and there is just no way he is getting to the QB more then 2 or 3 times all year if he really is going to be the left DE. Turk, Tyler and Johnston all have a ton to prove before we can assume that as a group the DLine will be able to put the team in the top ten as far as pressures and sacks go. And Dorsey needs to prove it as well.

I'm not saying the Chiefs don't have the weapons to be a good pass rushing team, but right now they are too young and are going to be wildly inconsistent and probably not just this year, but probably going into next year as well. We will see, but nobody should be surprised if the Chiefs lose three times as many games as they win.

And I think Herm will get another year, regardless of record. To commit to a coach's plan to go young and then fire him after year one is asinine and utterly stupid. The only way I see Herm getting canned is if they go 0-16 and show zero signs of improvement. And I honestly don't see that happening.
Old 05-11-2008, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we are another DE away from having a great line I'm not sold on any other DE besides Hali.

I didn't like the Turk pick at the time and still don't I feel he was a reach and will at best be another Jimmy Wilkerson good depth player but no more.

I do like our 7th round pick BJ but I don't think he will be any more then a depth player this year and don't get me started with Boone playing DE that is just a joke IMO.

Last edited by Splat : 05-11-2008 at 08:08 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 01:52 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Johnston has all you'd want in a pass rushing DE, he just needs to get used to life in the NFL. There is a possibility he never does, but I really like our defensive coaching staff and I think if anyone can get the best out of him it'd be them.

With that being said, I don't think you can expect much of him this year, or at least not until the later stages of the season, but he will be someone to keep an eye on in the future for sure.

Old 05-12-2008, 09:14 AM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

I think we will be suprised by how much better our pass rush is this season. I really think with both Tank and Turk coming into there 2nd season we will see a vast improvment coming from the inside. I also wouldn't be schocked to see a guy like Brandon Flowers get 2 or 3 sacks. Getting pressure in the middle is going to make things so much more interesting and I believe we will come close to last years sack numbers ecspecially given that I expect teams to be in more 3rd and long situations given our improved run defense. It might take a little bit but I'm as excited about this unit as any on the team.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 09:58 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gunther really seems to think Tamba will excel at RDE as JA's replacement at least I think I remember him saying something of the sorts
Old 05-12-2008, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
Johnston has all you'd want in a pass rushing DE, he just needs to get used to life in the NFL. There is a possibility he never does, but I really like our defensive coaching staff and I think if anyone can get the best out of him it'd be them.

With that being said, I don't think you can expect much of him this year, or at least not until the later stages of the season, but he will be someone to keep an eye on in the future for sure.

Yea, I'm just taking your word on this guy, I haven't seen him play, heard anything about him, my only question is why did he slip to the 7th round if he's this entire package?
Old 05-13-2008, 10:59 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yea, I'm just taking your word on this guy, I haven't seen him play, heard anything about him, my only question is why did he slip to the 7th round if he's this entire package?
Because he played for Gardner-Webb. Not exactly day 1 material school there, but it's pretty impressive that someone from such a small school was drafted at all, shows the athletic tools the guy has.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

That's true, I guess it would be harder to evaluate his talent level, especially against his competition. I think there's a trend for KC to take guys' from small schools in the seventh(Micheal Allen)