Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Beast Mode of MB3?
Lynch 65 59.09%
Barber 45 40.91%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-05-2008, 01:43 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.
Default Marshawn Lynch or Marion Barber?

I was thinking about this today because the two are very similar running backs. I'm a Lynch guy obviously because I think he brings more big-play ability but both backs run extremely hard, probably too hard for their own good. It's a slow part in the offseason so I figured why not. Who would you take?
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 01:46 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a topic I have debated as well. I love both running backs and Marshawn is my favorite player in the game. Very smiliar, but Marshawn can break one at any time and is a better receiver out of the backfield. I would vote Marshawn any day of the week. I also think in the long run Marshawn might be able to carry the ball 30 times if needed.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very close. Lynch has better big play capability and can break tackles. I would take Barber though. Little below Lynch in athleticism but Barbers tenacity and love for contact while having the will never to give up is very rare to find these days.

Picture Comparison:

The better question is who has better hair?

Last edited by Thunder&Lightning : 05-05-2008 at 01:52 PM.
Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 01:47 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay View Post
I was thinking about this today because the two are very similar running backs. I'm a Lynch guy obviously because I think he brings more big-play ability but both backs run extremely hard, probably too hard for their own good. It's a slow part in the offseason so I figured why not. Who would you take?
Which o-line? What's the running system? Zone or combo? What division will these guys play in? All these like it or not effect each players production.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
Which o-line? What's the running system? Zone or combo? What division will these guys play in? All these like it or not effect each players production.
dude just pick one...

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 01:53 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Since the Bills aren't as mainstream as the Cowboys (obviously), I feel that many people don't know how hard Lynch runs. I think Geo said it best when he said "you have no idea how hard-earned each and every one of Lynch's yards last year were" in one of his posts. It really is true, and I think he might possibly run harder than Barber.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 01:54 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tim Hightower FTW

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 02:00 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Tim Hightower FTW
you win funniest post ever award
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I went with Lynch because of his versatility. I <3 his game.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 02:04 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder&Lightning View Post
dude just pick one...
It effects everything, but I'd take Barber, if he can increase his endurance to get more carries without tiring. We play Dallas 2X a year, and like Barber alot, and what he can do.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 02:20 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ooo, this is tough.

Im going with Lynch. Theyre pretty much the same back, but Lynch has more breakaway speed. Both can block, catch, run inside and outside, both run real hard, the only differences are Lynch has already proven he can take majority carries and he has an extra gear that Barber doesn't have. So ill take Lynch.

Love both of them though.

Im not sure how many of you guys saw Bills games last year, but if you saw Lynch, the guy was amazing. He earned every single inch he got. It was not uncommon to see Lynch shrug off defenders in the backfield and get 2 yards when he shouldve lost 3.

I know AD gets all the pub, and I admit I had Lynch rated very similar to AD, at one point I thought he might be better (although I back off that statement now), but if Lynch can get a line in front of him dont be surprised if he becomes one of the elite backs in this league.

As good as AD? I dunno, but he'll be damn good for sure. If he had a Minny oline id be curious to see what he would do with it.
Old 05-05-2008, 02:23 PM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

having seen much more of barber i would have to go with him, although i am very impressed with lynch from what i have seen and i do think he will be a star in the league
cdub11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 02:34 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barber delivers hits that ware down a defense over time, but after waring down the defense in the 4th quarter i dont like what i see, he doesnt take advantage of it.

Lynch really has a more blended style, he can delivers some blows, but has very good moves and breakaway speed. He also is the better reciever out of the backfield.

I haven't seen as much of Lynch in the NFL, but I'd pick Lynch because you have to play 60 minutes and he can handle the load for sure.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 02:39 PM    (permalink
AtariBigby
Veteran

AtariBigby AtariBigby AtariBigby

MB3 clearly has better hair, and even though I should hate Dallas, he gets my vote. I went to the U of M with him and Maroney there together and MB3 being the first got no respect.......

I like Marshawn, but love Barber.
AtariBigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 02:42 PM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

I have been watching Lynch since his days at Cal so I am a bit biased. But I still take him over Barber because of his versatility and his big play ability.

He also seems like a great, fun team mate, and is a really good, positive locker room guy.

Him on the Mayne Event:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pSO-kdWLFes
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Ooo, this is tough.

Im going with Lynch. Theyre pretty much the same back, but Lynch has more breakaway speed. Both can block, catch, run inside and outside, both run real hard, the only differences are Lynch has already proven he can take majority carries and he has an extra gear that Barber doesn't have. So ill take Lynch.

Love both of them though.

Im not sure how many of you guys saw Bills games last year, but if you saw Lynch, the guy was amazing. He earned every single inch he got. It was not uncommon to see Lynch shrug off defenders in the backfield and get 2 yards when he shouldve lost 3.

I know AD gets all the pub, and I admit I had Lynch rated very similar to AD, at one point I thought he might be better (although I back off that statement now), but if Lynch can get a line in front of him dont be surprised if he becomes one of the elite backs in this league.

As good as AD? I dunno, but he'll be damn good for sure. If he had a Minny oline id be curious to see what he would do with it.
I had Lynch rated higher than AD as a prospect in last year's draft class, but that's just me...
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Old 05-05-2008, 03:02 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
I had Lynch rated higher than AD as a prospect in last year's draft class, but that's just me...
yea me too, but i think we both kindof got showed up this season...

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-05-2008, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
yea me too, but i think we both kindof got showed up this season...
Yeah, to a degree but you have to consider the lines that both runningbacks were running behind. Not taking anything away from AD because he's ungodly but it is definitely something to consider.

Old 05-05-2008, 03:09 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.

Lynch's beast mode is one of a kind. I bag on the bills a lot in buffalo but lynch is incredible.
TheGreatEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 03:15 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
Yeah, to a degree but you have to consider the lines that both runningbacks were running behind. Not taking anything away from AD because he's ungodly but it is definitely something to consider.
yea, but if you see the teams that AD messed up, the two that really stick out to me, Chargers and Bears, have good DBs and LBs. But later on teams focused on Peterson and pretty much shut him down. So it really depends. Id still take Lynch over AD, as stupid as you may think i am, i think Lynch is the better back.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-05-2008, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Marshawn cause he's been a favorite of mine for a while. Younger, just turned 22, runs hard and knows how to control it.

Plus I think Barber is just as likely to kill somebody else on the field as he is to kill himself on the field. Dude is nuts.

--------

Oh yeah...

BEAST MODE!

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barber. He's a real football player. He plays with more passion than I've ever seen.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 03:43 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.

AD can just do some incredible things that others can't but Lynch's beast mode is just nasty on a down to down basis
Old 05-05-2008, 03:46 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12 View Post
Barber. He's a real football player. He plays with more passion than I've ever seen.
You clearly didn't watch Lynch too much this year.
Old 05-05-2008, 03:49 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marshawn Lynch. You know you're a ******* beast when you have a song made after you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWCeS...eature=related
JeffSamardzijaIRISH is offline   Reply With Quote