Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-05-2008, 05:28 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We dont really need another Sean Taylor situation. To many deaths of young men this past year. What was he doing up at 2 AM just walking around?

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 05:33 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am certain the only reason he was up that late walking around in Chicago because he was on a quest for a shrubbery.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 05:46 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is just going to let him know he's a target now, and he can't do the same things he could do when he was at Illinois, like walking around at 2 in the morning when everyone knows your a millionaire now, you just can't think its ok to do that anymore...It only takes one, jealous person who's pissed that you made it, so their gonna assume you have some money or jewelery on them, and certainly we already know these situations can go from not major to serious really quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 06:37 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
I suppose if the person knew who he was....and expected him to have more money than he did, he could have been in serious trouble. I don't see why he would be walking around at 2 A.M. in a bad neighborhood anyway...is that where he resides?
Depending where on the southside he was it's not that bad of a neighborhood anymore. I work for some guys based in Chicago who work with U of C.
TheGreatEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 08:02 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

shiiiit, if i was a mugger i'd be scared to rob mendenhall. gun or not, hes huge! muscles on top of muscle on top of muscle.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 08:04 PM    (permalink
DragonFireKai
Veteran

DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
We dont really need another Sean Taylor situation. To many deaths of young men this past year. What was he doing up at 2 AM just walking around?
Taylor got shot at his house.

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
The Destroyer Is Manifest!
I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk
DragonFireKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Hwoarang
Veteran

Hwoarang is a cocksman.Hwoarang is a cocksman.Hwoarang is a cocksman.

Mendenhall is stupid for walking on the street at 2 in the morning.
Hwoarang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 08:09 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatEscape View Post
Depending where on the southside he was it's not that bad of a neighborhood anymore. I work for some guys based in Chicago who work with U of C.
Im not too familiar with Chicago...I have never been there. I am just going on what every is saying in this thread =)

I imagine though that mendenhall decided he was big enough to walk around the streets at 2 a.m. and that he could face anything. Apparently not. He did the right thing though and handed over his stuff. Life is worth more than a phone and some money.
Old 05-05-2008, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

there are assholes out there... High profile guys like this even that are massive like Rishard should always have some type of protection on them whether its a gun or bodyguard...

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 09:06 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFireKai View Post
Taylor got shot at his house.
during a planned robbery...

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 09:33 PM    (permalink
DragonFireKai
Veteran

DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
during a planned robbery...
There's not a whole lot you can do about something like that.

I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk
Old 05-05-2008, 09:44 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFireKai View Post
There's not a whole lot you can do about something like that.
Exactly I was using that in refernce to the point where somebody said he doesnt need to be out around 2 am because now he is a target. Sean Taylor was sleeping at his house and got killed so you never know what might happen to you when you are a professional athlete with a lot of money. He was just saying it would be better to try to take yourself out of bad situations. Losing athletes to violence is tragic, would hate to see something bad happen to Mendenhall or anyone.

Steddy Ambition!
Old 05-05-2008, 09:48 PM    (permalink
sodar21
Veteran

sodar21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The Taylor comparison isn't valid. This was probably more random than anything.
sodar21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 09:52 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodar21 View Post
The Taylor comparison isn't valid. This was probably more random than anything.
There really isn't a comparison being made I think Neko and I were just saying Mendenhall didn't do anything wrong but should be more careful because people might come after you now that you're a star. Staying out til 2am on streets that people are saying aren't safe just isn't the smartest thing to do. I was just using ST's death as more of an example.

Steddy Ambition!
Old 05-05-2008, 10:05 PM    (permalink
DragonFireKai
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
Exactly I was using that in refernce to the point where somebody said he doesnt need to be out around 2 am because now he is a target. Sean Taylor was sleeping at his house and got killed so you never know what might happen to you when you are a professional athlete with a lot of money. He was just saying it would be better to try to take yourself out of bad situations. Losing athletes to violence is tragic, would hate to see something bad happen to Mendenhall or anyone.
You're far more likely to be targeted at home than out on the streets, simply by reason of predictability. If you're really concerned about being shot, you'd go the Saddam route with body doubles and never staying in the same house twice. Predictability is what makes you vulnerable.

Old 05-05-2008, 10:32 PM    (permalink
tom
Veteran

tom smells like sex panther.tom smells like sex panther.

That's what I'm talking about... a real Steeler, he gets robbed at gun point, but he doesn't care because he's a man.. A real football hero...

He'll shoot up the bengals this season, and will break AP running record... He'll run for 399 yards in a single game, 2500 yards in a season...

Oh yeah Rashard "Bringing Home The Bacon" Mendenhall!
Old 05-06-2008, 12:11 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

How you can get man getting mugged = greatest running back ever boggles the mind...

If this is the way it was, I am going to go get mugged right now! Then I can be the next Barry Sanders!
Old 05-06-2008, 01:34 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That sucks but it was partly his fault for walking around at a really bad time. Why would you steal a phone when it can be tracked and will be shut off to prevent you from using it anyways. You start calling people off it and that will all start getting traced back. It was probably a really expensive phone but he much would you get for a stolen phone...idk.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 01:42 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know how many of you all feel around here when it comes to guns, but I don't understand some of the heat these athletes take when they own guns. Tank Johnson had enough weapons to fight North Korea alone, and they were registered to him but in another state, and he goes to jail and everyone chastises him for it. All these guys want to do is protect themselves and their families, and i have no problem with it at all. He should go out and get himself a nice little handgun once he turns 21, to take the life of the jackass that decides to risk taking his.

Last edited by MetSox17 : 05-06-2008 at 02:15 AM.
MetSox17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 05:50 PM    (permalink
tom
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
How you can get man getting mugged = greatest running back ever boggles the mind...

If this is the way it was, I am going to go get mugged right now! Then I can be the next Barry Sanders!
No offense, but I doubt that if you got mugged you'd take it like a man... All I'm saying is that Mendenhall is a real man... Like the steelers, We're real men, and we show pu$$ies the door. We let Faneca walk, we let porter walk, we let wilson walk... Because they don't walk like we do. We walk HARD.

And Mendenhall is going to walk harder than any other RB in this class.

Smith, Keomatu, Hartwig, Simmons, Starks= Best line in the NFL
Old 05-08-2008, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom View Post
No offense, but I doubt that if you got mugged you'd take it like a man... All I'm saying is that Mendenhall is a real man... Like the steelers, We're real men, and we show pu$$ies the door. We let Faneca walk, we let porter walk, we let wilson walk... Because they don't walk like we do. We walk HARD.

And Mendenhall is going to walk harder than any other RB in this class.

Smith, Keomatu, Hartwig, Simmons, Starks= Best line in the NFL
Are you serious?? If so, I'll have what you're having.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 12:32 AM    (permalink
tom
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash View Post
Are you serious?? If so, I'll have what you're having.
Hey, just because they're under-rated doesn't mean they're not amazing.

Marvel Smith has consistently proven to be one of the best left tackles in the game, Chris Keomatu is a beast, he's a big, powerful blocker that will make everyone forget Alan Faneca. Justin Hartwig is a better centre than martha stewart is home-maker, and the only reason he left carolina was because they can't appreciate greatness. Kendall Simmons is so amazing, he is better than a bag full of bets, and considering we don't usually spend a lot of money on players, the Max Starks transition tag, tells me he is going to be amazing, like bacon.
Old 05-09-2008, 04:11 AM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

I found the robber.

no love is offline   Reply With Quote