Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 05-07-2008, 04:20 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 08 Breakout Player

On offense I can see Brandon Jackson becoming a good, reliable backup. Also I think one of the OG's we have (Spitz, Colledge, Coston) will breakout.
On defense, I'll go out on a limb and say Jarrett Bush. Harrell is my 2nd choice

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On offense I'll go with a cheeky pick and say Rodgers:) I'm fairly confident he has a solid season.

For the defence I think Jenkins after he underacheived last year. It shouldn't take much for him to improve his sack count and get some attention on a national scale. Harrell and the safeties are other potential 'break out' players imo.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Yatta! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 04:30 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Offense : Allen Barbre
Defense : Aaron Rouse

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 06:15 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Defense: Nick Collins, he knows his job is not safe, now that Rouse has been in the NFL for a year, he is prepared to take either his or Bigby job.

Offense: Aaron Rodgers, cheap and easy choice, he gets to step in an offense built for him to succeed in, now the question is if he can play in the NFL; I think he can.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:09 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Greg Jennings. Everyone will say he already broke out but I think he hasn't scratch the surface yet. He'll make the probowl.

Defense: Harrell and jolly.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

Offence-Jennings- hes gonna make the pro bowl
Defence-Hawk- hes gonna play like a top 5 pick should play
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Goatboy1717
Rookie

Goatboy1717 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Offense-Donald Lee
Obviously I think Rodgers will too but that is the obvious pick. I think Lee will have a pretty good year with the other teams focusing on our WR's.

Defense-Atari Bigby
His regular season wasnt as good as his numbers indicated but he played amazing in the postseason and I think he will carry that over to this year and become a top safety. Thats right. A top safety.

Goal Line Blitz
Good football RPG for the off days.
Goatboy1717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Favre4ever
Rookie

Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.

Offense: Donald Lee. Rodgers will throw to him often when he's in trouble and he'll make things happen after the catch like he always does.

Defense: Aaron Rouse. Hopefully this year, he wont get injured in camp because i expect big things from him. We cant keep him on the bench any longer, with his size, speed, playmaking abilities and incredible instincts. My bet is Collins loses his starting spot this year, not because of poor play but because Rouse is simply better.

Honorable mention: Bigby. He got better with each games he played, let's see if it gets better...

Last edited by Favre4ever : 05-08-2008 at 04:52 PM.
Favre4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 01:22 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Grant & Bigby

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Smokey
Veteran

Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Offense:

Aaron Rodgers - The obvious pick I know but a great deal is riding on him living up to expectations. I'm betting he comes into his own.

Defense:

Aaron Rouse - He's got the size and speed to succeed. I'm betting (hoping really) that he'll shore up the questions at safety and become a complete player.
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 07:49 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Defense - Patrick Lee - Should be his first year as a starter and after a year of learning as the nickel I expect him to be ready right a way.

Offense - Aaron Rodgers - 2nd year as the starting QB, I think he holds off Brohm and begins to make a name for himself.
Old 05-08-2008, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Defense - Patrick Lee - Should be his first year as a starter and after a year of learning as the nickel I expect him to be ready right a way.

Offense - Aaron Rodgers - 2nd year as the starting QB, I think he holds off Brohm and begins to make a name for himself.
Are you talking about in two seasons time GB12?

I assumed the thread was supposed to be about this year as in 08/09 season. Thats what I based my picks on anyway.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Yatta! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:24 AM    (permalink
AtariBigby
Veteran

AtariBigby AtariBigby AtariBigby

OFFENSE: Daryn Colledge I really, really HOPE

DEFENSE: Johnny Jolly
AtariBigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 10:14 PM    (permalink
Kampman for President
Rookie

Kampman for President hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Allen Barbre
Tramon Williams
Johnny Jolly
Aaron Rouse
A.J. Hawk
Kampman for President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 10:30 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yatta! View Post
Are you talking about in two seasons time GB12?

I assumed the thread was supposed to be about this year as in 08/09 season. Thats what I based my picks on anyway.
Oh yes, I was. 09 would be next year. I'll change the title to 08 then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtariBigby View Post
DEFENSE: Johnny Jolly
Jolly more than broke out last year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kampman for President View Post
Johnny Jolly
A.J. Hawk
Same thing with Jolly, and what are you people saying Hawk expecting? He's been playing very well since being drafted. I don't understand this whole thought that Hawk's under performing. If you're not happy with what he's done so far you might never be happy. What do you want him to do that he hasn't been doing? What could he possibly do to "break out"?
Old 06-02-2008, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Kampman for President
Rookie

Quote:

Same thing with Jolly, and what are you people saying Hawk expecting? He's been playing very well since being drafted. I don't understand this whole thought that Hawk's under performing. If you're not happy with what he's done so far you might never be happy. What do you want him to do that he hasn't been doing? What could he possibly do to "break out"?
How did Jolly break out? He had a good season in his limited playing time but that was nowhere near a breakout season for him IMO.

Hawk was the 5th overall pick, I expect 125+ tackles, 2-3 sacks, and 2-3 INTs a year from him in order to justify the selection. Yes he's played well, but 5th overall pick well? I want more playmaking from him and I want the coaches to use him more effectively than they did last season.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:36 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I just thought he wouldve progressed a little more than he did this year. He's still a great player no doubt about

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 11:14 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
How did Jolly break out? He had a good season in his limited playing time but that was nowhere near a breakout season for him IMO.

Hawk was the 5th overall pick, I expect 125+ tackles, 2-3 sacks, and 2-3 INTs a year from him in order to justify the selection. Yes he's played well, but 5th overall pick well? I want more playmaking from him and I want the coaches to use him more effectively than they did last season.
Jolly had a very good season and it wasn't limited playing time. He was the starter and I'm pretty sure only Pickett played a higher percentage of snaps in games they were active in. The injury what took away from his time, but he did more than enough to break out prior to that.

Hawk is not going to get those numbers, but it has nothing to do with how well he's playing. He doesn't have to get those numbers each year to justify his selection, that's just dumb. He's not going to get 125+ tackles each year because unlike Patrick Willis in San Francisco he's playing on a good defense with a top LB next to him in Nick Barnett. Put him on a team that he's the only tackler and there's no doubt he could get that, but on this team he won't. He's not going to get many sacks because he doesn't blitz much. Kind of hard to do if he doesn't have the chance. And INTs as a linebacker can not be expected. He has been good in coverage, INTs are a bonus, but do not mean much in terms of how good a player is. 2-3 INTs a year is a lot to expect from a LB. Al Harris only gets 2-3 a year.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:58 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hmmm... Beyond the obvious in Rodgers, I'm saying Offense: Brandon Jackson. Defense: Will Blackmon.

Last edited by johbur : 06-03-2008 at 01:36 AM. Reason: Jennings, Jackson, whatever... ;D
johbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 12:27 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by johbur View Post
Hmmm... Beyond the obvious in Rodgers, I'm saying Offense: Brandon Jennings. Defense: Will Blackmon.
You kind of combined two there which one did you mean?

As for my pick for this season then I'm going to say Brady Poppinga. I think the competition of having Chillar there as well as another year of experience at linebacker will cause him to make some big improvements.
Old 06-03-2008, 01:35 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brandon Jackson on offense is my break-out guy. I see him being a solid backup to Grant, good in the passing game and evil on special teams.

I was thinking of Jennings, but he's already broken out, though I was thinking he still has room for growth.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Kampman for President
Rookie

Quote:
Jolly had a very good season and it wasn't limited playing time. He was the starter and I'm pretty sure only Pickett played a higher percentage of snaps in games they were active in. The injury what took away from his time, but he did more than enough to break out prior to that.

Hawk is not going to get those numbers, but it has nothing to do with how well he's playing. He doesn't have to get those numbers each year to justify his selection, that's just dumb. He's not going to get 125+ tackles each year because unlike Patrick Willis in San Francisco he's playing on a good defense with a top LB next to him in Nick Barnett. Put him on a team that he's the only tackler and there's no doubt he could get that, but on this team he won't. He's not going to get many sacks because he doesn't blitz much. Kind of hard to do if he doesn't have the chance. And INTs as a linebacker can not be expected. He has been good in coverage, INTs are a bonus, but do not mean much in terms of how good a player is. 2-3 INTs a year is a lot to expect from a LB. Al Harris only gets 2-3 a year.
Aside from Pickett we didn't have a set starter alongside him. Its was rotational all season long.

Barnett has gotten those numbers every year of his career. How is it not reasonable to expect Hawk to acheive the same?

No shitt, I know how our defense works. Your weakside LB is supposed to be the one making plays, blitzing, ect.. Like I said, we aren't utilizing him enough.

Hence why I picked him as a breakout player this year.

Last edited by Kampman for President : 06-03-2008 at 06:22 PM.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:23 PM    (permalink
the dude
Rookie

the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ill say Allen Barbre & Tramon Williams
Old 06-03-2008, 08:15 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Aside from Pickett we didn't have a set starter alongside him. Its was rotational all season long.
Most likely, we would prefer a rotation to keep players fresh, and perhaps use pass rushers in pass rushing situations, etc.

Quote:
Barnett has gotten those numbers every year of his career. How is it not reasonable to expect Hawk to acheive the same?
Because he plays a different position where it isn't nearly as easy to rack up tackle numbers. He does other things.

Quote:
No shitt, I know how our defense works. Your weakside LB is supposed to be the one making plays, blitzing, ect.. Like I said, we aren't utilizing him enough.
How our defense works or how you think it should work? We don't blitz Hawk much at all. I don't disagree that we aren't utilizing him enough, but we should play to his strengths. If he isn't a good blitzer we shouldn't blitz him much. Maybe we aren't featuring him is because he is only solid in most attributes right now.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 08:28 PM    (permalink
Kampman for President
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
Most likely, we would prefer a rotation to keep players fresh, and perhaps use pass rushers in pass rushing situations, etc.
Exactally, so how did he "break out" when he was used in a rotation? We saw glipses of his talent, but not a breakout season.

Quote:
Because he plays a different position where it isn't nearly as easy to rack up tackle numbers. He does other things.
Sorry but Hawk is on the field just as much as Barnett is. I suggest looking around the NFL because most WLBers rack up the kind of stats that I listed.

Quote:
How our defense works or how you think it should work? We don't blitz Hawk much at all. I don't disagree that we aren't utilizing him enough, but we should play to his strengths. If he isn't a good blitzer we shouldn't blitz him much. Maybe we aren't featuring him is because he is only solid in most attributes right now.
How it works. We rarely blitz period. Hawk is a good blitzer though, look at what he did at Ohio State.

You guys are acting like I said that Hawk is bad, which he isn't. He's played well for us but IMO you're a damn fool if you think Hawk has played up to his potential. This guy can and will be much better, which is why 08 will be his BREAKOUT season. Get over yourselves already...