Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 06-08-2008, 04:51 PM    (permalink
ikabaad

James Jones
Collins/Rouse whoever wins that battle

Jones and Rodgers have that 2nd string bond, hopefully that will come in handy on 3rd downs.
Old 06-08-2008, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Kampman for President
Rookie

Kampman for President hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikabaad View Post
James Jones
Collins/Rouse whoever wins that battle

Jones and Rodgers have that 2nd string bond, hopefully that will come in handy on 3rd downs.

I hope you're right about the safeties. Personally I'd rather see Rouse back there. Collins just hasn't developed enough for me and I'd rather see him go back to CB.

Jones IMO already had a breakout season. I mean he put up great numbers for a #3 WR last year. With adding Jordy Nelson this year I think that might take away some of his opportunities as we try to work him in a little bit this year.

Remember too that Favre was given off for alot of the practices in order to keep him fresh for gamedays so Rodgers does have ALOT of experience running with the 1st unit.
Kampman for President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 05:28 PM    (permalink
ikabaad

I would rather it be Rouse as well, he is a playmaker.

I enjoy having WR problems of this variety.
Old 06-08-2008, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Kampman for President
Rookie

Quote:
I would rather it be Rouse as well, he is a playmaker.

I enjoy having WR problems of this variety.
Same here man, if Rouse can become a good coverage man we will have gotten a steal in the 3rd round. He had 1st round potential but didn't have a great senior season. Collins has showed flashes but he's too inconsistant. Both guys can lay the lumber though.

I think our WRs are set for a long time. Jennings is developing in a star, Jones was great last year and gave us exactally what we needed, Nelson is alot like Driver, and Swain looks like he has some potential as well. We're in good shape for whenever Driver hangs em' up.
Old 06-08-2008, 05:57 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dont forget Ruvell Martin. He has great size which gives him some potential.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Kampman for President
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Dont forget Ruvell Martin. He has great size which gives him some potential.
He's been good for us, but Nelson's size kind of eliminates the need for Martin. I think the final WR spot goes down to Martin and Swain though.
Old 06-08-2008, 07:35 PM    (permalink
ikabaad

I like Martin. he is one of my underdogs that I always want to do well. I agree with KFP, Swain or Martin. I think that the amount of "comfort" TT and co feel with the other WRs above them on the depth chart may encourage them to take a chance with some potential in Swain as opposed to what they know for sure they have in Martin. And like I said, I like the guy.
Old 06-08-2008, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Kampman for President
Rookie

Quote:
I like Martin. he is one of my underdogs that I always want to do well. I agree with KFP, Swain or Martin. I think that the amount of "comfort" TT and co feel with the other WRs above them on the depth chart may encourage them to take a chance with some potential in Swain as opposed to what they know for sure they have in Martin. And like I said, I like the guy.
The coaches compared Swain to Wes Welker too which is a mighty compliment. If he shows good hands and can play special teams I think he'll have a real chance to surplant Martin this year.

With Driver, Jennings, Jones, and Nelson already locked in its not like we'd be counting on our 5th WR to contribute much anyways. I'd like to see Finley used in some 4 and 5 WR sets. His size and speed could be a real mismatch against the smaller DBs.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Favre4ever
Rookie

Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kampman for President View Post
Same here man, if Rouse can become a good coverage man we will have gotten a steal in the 3rd round. He had 1st round potential but didn't have a great senior season. Collins has showed flashes but he's too inconsistant. Both guys can lay the lumber though.

I think our WRs are set for a long time. Jennings is developing in a star, Jones was great last year and gave us exactally what we needed, Nelson is alot like Driver, and Swain looks like he has some potential as well. We're in good shape for whenever Driver hangs em' up.
Rouse is already a better cover man than Collins. He had 2 picks in three games started and he could have had more. He has the potential to become something special with his size and speed. The organization is already in love with him, they will give him every opportunity to start this year, im sure of that.
Favre4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 09:30 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dont forgot, Collins had quite a few drops. So i dont necesarrily think Rouse has better coverage skills, but better hands

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Kampman for President
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Favre4ever View Post
Rouse is already a better cover man than Collins. He had 2 picks in three games started and he could have had more. He has the potential to become something special with his size and speed. The organization is already in love with him, they will give him every opportunity to start this year, im sure of that.
I wouldn't say he's a better cover man just yet, that was the knock on Rouse coming out of college. Mainly because of his size.

I think the majority of Packers fans want Rouse to start over Collins. If we can see it, then surely the coaches and staff can too.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:42 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Offense : Allen Barbre, Brandon Jackson
Defense : Aaron Rouse, Johnny Jolly
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 02:55 PM    (permalink
ikabaad

Default things I have noticed from various reports

Montgomery has been getting a good look @ DE so far, reports have been positive. That, to me, has been the shocker of this boring a$$ time of year. That he looks good. He must be making a leap from the blah I have seen from him when he got on the field in the past.

All this talk of Taylor is really silly. I don't see it happening. He's too "pretty" for the cold. IMO, he may be a 10 sack guy. But we already have two of those @ DE. His play has dropped off, so he is no "real upgrade" over KGB.

I like the vibe that this team gives off. Young, confident, the elders are there and ready to go. Love the coaches for the most part, the front office. I think we are going to see a stretch of successful years in GB.

Can't wait until they strap on the pads.
Old 06-22-2008, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Kampman for President
Rookie

Quote:
Montgomery has been getting a good look @ DE so far, reports have been positive. That, to me, has been the shocker of this boring a$$ time of year. That he looks good. He must be making a leap from the blah I have seen from him when he got on the field in the past.

All this talk of Taylor is really silly. I don't see it happening. He's too "pretty" for the cold. IMO, he may be a 10 sack guy. But we already have two of those @ DE. His play has dropped off, so he is no "real upgrade" over KGB.

I like the vibe that this team gives off. Young, confident, the elders are there and ready to go. Love the coaches for the most part, the front office. I think we are going to see a stretch of successful years in GB.

Can't wait until they strap on the pads.
Good points.

I like Montgomery but he's never shown that ability to be a future starter for us. He is in a contract year as well which is probably why we moved up to get Jermey Thompson. I read somewhere on someone sports writers blog that Thompson looked like he was ready to contribute as a pass rusher this year and maybe even on early downs.

I'd like to add Taylor but I don't view that as a need. I think it more so had to do with all the injuries at the DT position. That way we could move Jenkins back in to keep our depth intact. But either way KGB is still cheaper and coupled with Jenkins we basically get the same effect. I also think that Jenkins will be better now that he's 100% healthy. Remember the preseason? He looked like a beast.
Old 06-22-2008, 11:17 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are seemingly countless reasons why Taylor won't be coming to GB. If Montgomery really did step up for us it would really help, since Thompson isn't gonna be ready this year IMO.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Greg Jennings FTW!

I don't think BJax because he'll be stuck behind Grant even though I think Brandon has a higher ceiling than Ryan. I say James Jones because when I watched last year's preseason it really looked like James was Aaron's favorite target even when Driver and Jennings were on the field. JerMichael Finley wont break out but he's a guy I can see getting in some nice plays. Allen Barbre will be our LG and shore up that position, he will be our best interior lineman I predict. Defense- Tramon Williams at Nickle, this kid is a stud. Justin Harrell will also have a good season I predict he looked much better than Corey Williams in the limited action he saw last year and he really did a great job closing running lanes and playing with proper pad level.

So again, that is - Offense: James Jones, Allen Barbre. Defense: Tramon Williams, Justin Harrell.