Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-07-2008, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was going to save this for my NFL Truths thread, but what the heck:

This is Ray Lewis' last season with the Ravens imo. He's a FA after 08 himself.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:53 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would like to see Tommie Harris play a full season before we throw probably 60+ mil at him.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 09:56 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
That's a lot. They can let Barber walk though, having drafted Tashard Choice and Felix Jones, he's now expendable. TO is too old to re-sign, perhaps.

Newman and Hamlin though, they aren't young, but are the best players in the secondary. Although the way the league is today, you wonder how much money you're willing to invest in the secondary.

It will be interesting to see how it works out. They already signed Flozell Adams long-term.
I don't think Barber is expendable at this point in the year seeing how neither of those guys have played a down yet. I think they'll resign him. Barber is a good #1, Jones will be a good #2 and Choice a good #3. I wouldnt prefer Jones as a 1 and choice as a 2.

Old 05-07-2008, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow what a free agent class

Quote:
4. Marion Barber, Cowboys running back - Last season, one NFC coach said Barber is an elite back in the same class as LaDainian Tomlinson or Adrian Peterson. Now he wants to be paid that way.
I would be very interested to find out what coach said that. I think it's slightly exagerating but I think Barber is going to be very good I have high expectations for him this year. His performance against the Vikings run defense was the single most impressive performance I watched from any RB that faced the Vikings.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steven Jackson will be 25 this July btw. Now he's an elite back imo.

Edit: Just checked, Barber will also be 25 this June.

Last edited by Geo : 05-07-2008 at 10:03 PM.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 10:01 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

I would love to see one of those RBs in Chicago.

Old 05-07-2008, 10:21 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

49ers whos contract will expire after this season

1. Eric Heitmann, Center
2. Ashley Lelie, WR
3. Bryant Johnson, WR
4. Drew Olson, QB
5. Zak Keasey, FB
6. Damane Duckett, OT
7. Ronald Fields, 3-4 DE/4-3 DT
8. J.T. O'Sullivan, QB
9. Tony Wragge, OG
10. Allen Rossum, KR/PR

Honestly, i wouldnt re-sign any of them. I think they will all be on different teams next year. I cant see any of them getting big deals though.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 10:26 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
I would love to see one of those RBs in Chicago.
fortes the man. he'll make those backs look like nothing.......yeah!
Old 05-07-2008, 10:36 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
fortes the man. he'll make those backs look like nothing.......yeah!
I want one of those backs. :)

Old 05-07-2008, 10:40 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
I want one of those backs. :)
yeah yeah, but for now, im riding the matt forte high im on. come next offseason, if he doesn't show much and one of those guys is available, i might just go with ya...
Old 05-07-2008, 11:02 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Just looking at teams with multiple big name free agents. The Cowboys have Marion Barber, TO, Ken Hamlin, and Terrance Newman are on this list.
Also you can add Chris Canty, who we still remain to be talking to about an extension...I believe we are going to sign Hamlin soon, and T-new will be Tagged next year, he might get his deal, but he's already 30, I think he gets tagged next year to handle everyone else's deal, with Roy leaving, it be hard to imagine us letting Hamlin go too and having two holes at safety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
That's a lot. They can let Barber walk though, having drafted Tashard Choice and Felix Jones, he's now expendable. TO is too old to re-sign, perhaps.

Newman and Hamlin though, they aren't young, but are the best players in the secondary. Although the way the league is today, you wonder how much money you're willing to invest in the secondary.

It will be interesting to see how it works out. They already signed Flozell Adams long-term.
Barber is a priority for the team to re-sign, that deal is probably going to be worked out soon, Tashard is insurance if Barber is hurt, but Felix was drafted to be paired with Barber...Newman is the wildcard, and if the best case scenario works out at DB I think he is tagged, then walks at age 32...Some cowboys fans might tell you differently, and we have said we would pay him, but he will be 32 years old, we would also have Pacman who is a #1 guy, if Jenkins pans out would be great as a #2 guy and has potential beyond that, Scandrick with his speed could end up the nickel guy, and thats still a great secondary...Granted that is a best case scenario with everyone, but with the depth now it could easily play out that way, his contract is in the same frame as D-Ware's whose will be huge, Ware is obviously priority with his age at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Last edited by LonghornsLegend : 05-07-2008 at 11:07 PM.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 11:24 PM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post

1. Eric Heitmann, Center
2. Ashley Lelie, WR
3. Bryant Johnson, WR
4. Drew Olson, QB
5. Zak Keasey, FB Resign: Special teams player
6. Damane Duckett, OT Resign: F/O has hopes he will be our next RT
7. Ronald Fields, 3-4 DE/4-3 DT Resign: Inexpensive line depth
8. J.T. O'Sullivan, QB Resign: QB depth that Martz likes
9. Tony Wragge, OG Resign: Played well in Allen's absence last year
10. Allen Rossum, KR/PR

Honestly, i wouldnt re-sign any of them. I think they will all be on different teams next year. I cant see any of them getting big deals though.
I would resign the five guys in italics. Your whole roster can't be made of big name guys. I like to keep our developmental/depth guys bc our coaches know them and they know the scheme.
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 11:54 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no love View Post
I would resign the five guys in italics. Your whole roster can't be made of big name guys. I like to keep our developmental/depth guys bc our coaches know them and they know the scheme.
I think Wragge and Fields have the best shot of being re-signed. Maybe duckett too.

O'sullivan depends on Martz...if Martz leaves, he goes with him. I dont think Keasey makes the roster this year to be honest.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 11:57 PM    (permalink
stukarudel

Dunta Robinson would be welcome to come to Baltimore!
Old 05-08-2008, 12:10 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would go streaking from my house to Titans headquarters if Lee Evans hit the FA market and we signed him.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:24 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Igor Olshansky will sadly be a free agent as well. Hopefully he gets resigned, but with Rivers, Merriman, McNeill, Castillo, Jackson, Gates and Cromartie coming up...
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 12:33 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope the Chargers can't afford Castillo and he comes to Dallas. :D
Old 05-08-2008, 12:46 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only viking FA I know of as of right now is Matt Birk. There are probably a couple of others but Birk is a Solid Center and I hope we can extend him this year.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 12:51 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm interested to see how much Barber gets. How much money do you give to by far the best part time RB in the league?

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 12:55 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I hope the Chargers can't afford Castillo and he comes to Dallas. :D
I hope Castillo finally plays a full season, or at least is healthy in the postseason.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 12:56 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
I'm interested to see how much Barber gets. How much money do you give to by far the best part time RB in the league?
It all depends how he plays this year. If he plays like he did this past season i don't think you can deny him of near-top level money. He's not always in there, but i think that's an underrated aspect of the way he's used.

People want him to carry the load, and pound the ball 25 times a game, but all that does is kill RB's. I wouldn't mind paying him top money if he can stay as effective as he did last year.. maybe a little more cause there were some games where he disappeared. I do expect him to be here in Dallas for many more years though. I don't think there's a way we let him reach URFAgency.
Old 05-08-2008, 01:06 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
The only viking FA I know of as of right now is Matt Birk. There are probably a couple of others but Birk is a Solid Center and I hope we can extend him this year.
Darren Sharper will be a free agent too.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 05:15 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post

1. Eric Heitmann, Center
2. Ashley Lelie, WR
3. Bryant Johnson, WR
4. Drew Olson, QB
5. Zak Keasey, FB
6. Damane Duckett, OT
7. Ronald Fields, 3-4 DE/4-3 DT
8. J.T. O'Sullivan, QB
9. Tony Wragge, OG
10. Allen Rossum, KR/PR

We'll have to see what kind of offers Heitman will get but with Baas and Wallace now we'd be ok. Iwould like to see Bryant Johnson and Tony Wragge back but that's about it.

We need to start tampering with Terrel Suggs ASAP! Would love to buy me a #55 9er jersey with his name on the back. Suggs and Lawson as our OLB's with P-Willie in the middle would be a dream.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 06:20 AM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Barber deserves top level money if he performs as expected and he'll get it from the Cowboys, he's their priority FA imo.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Yatta! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 07:00 AM    (permalink
GermanSaint
Veteran

GermanSaint hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
9. Will Smith, Saints defensive end - Could the Saints afford him? they paying Grant big money and would have to play Eillis top 10 money. They also have to sign Vilma, I think.
and evans and colston ..... when morgan has a nice season , he too.

so there isnt much money left especially when the shockey (*urgs*) trade come true.