Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-07-2008, 08:53 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Chiefs, Panthers could turn to unheralded QBs

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...ampaign=ec0005

Does anyone think that either, Tyler Thigpen or Matt Moore, has the ability to be a starting QB?

What are some thoughts?

I would like to hear what KC and Carolina fans think about this.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Moore is a straight-up stud.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 09:14 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Moore has always been impressive, I never understood why we would let him go, then go right back in the market for a developmental QB, he was young and looked good with us, just seemed pointless to let him go...He flashed alot of potential, I would of loved to have him as our backup and continue to learn on the bench.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, I think that Delhomme is undoubtedly the starter for Carolina at this point, and unless he gets injured or royally stinks, I don't see Moore unseating him. However, I could easily see Thigpen starting for the Chiefs at some point in the season, although I'm not sure if he can win the job coming out of training camp.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:50 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

I also think Thigpen will see time this year just because I can't see Croyle staying healthy all year. I wouldn't be shocked if Huard is either cut or given the number 3 job depending on how Thigpen produces is camp. The KC front office really wanted the guy in the draft and snatched him up last year when Minnesota tried to get him on the practice squad. He is very raw but flashed some nice potenitail in limited playing time for us last season.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 10:08 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just know the people in KC's have high regards for TT. I havent seen much but definatly a guy to keep an eye on.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 10:40 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, the KC FO really wanted Thigpen. If you caught Hard Knocks, they released a player to make room for him (iirc, could be wrong, but I will check into that)

They're very high on him but I'll admit I don't know much about him at all. I still think Croyle can be a good QB in this league but a little competition never hurt anyone. If Thigpen plays better and is solid, he might end up starting.

That doesn't mean we don't draft a QB next year if we're picking in the top 10 (which we probably will be)

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 07:53 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked what I saw out of Matt Moore last year. I don't think Delhomme has that much left in the tank, possibly this year may be his last. With that said, Moore should be a legit QB in the league.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 09:04 AM    (permalink
SMoore
Rookie

SMoore hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SMoore hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I like thigpen as a qb. He has pretty good physical tools and produced pretty well at a small school. I was dissapointed the vikes let the chiefs take him.
SMoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 10:01 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IMO the only way Croyle doesn't start the whole year is if he gets hurt which we all know is a good chance I really feel like they will give him a full year to see what he's got.
Old 05-08-2008, 11:39 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I liked what I saw out of Matt Moore last year. I don't think Delhomme has that much left in the tank, possibly this year may be his last. With that said, Moore should be a legit QB in the league.
COULD be a legit QB. Saying "should" is rather over-stating it. He didn't exactly perform well for the Panthers last year. If I remember correctly, there were several games where Carr and the Old Man started ahead of him. That's not an enormous thumbs up from the staff, whatever they may say in public.

Pretty much any QB on an NFL roster has the chance to be a legitimate starting QB if the chips fall right and he makes the most of his opportunity. I don't see what Moore has done thus far to distinguish himself as a player who "should" make it.
Old 05-08-2008, 01:23 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

KC has to know if they're gonna draft a QB next year, no way do they let Thigpen unseat Croyle. Carolina... I don't see it happening either. It's so obvious that the FO and Fox's jobs are on the line this season, I think anyone other than Delhomme will be disastrous.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 01:24 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Moore has always been impressive, I never understood why we would let him go, then go right back in the market for a developmental QB, he was young and looked good with us, just seemed pointless to let him go...He flashed alot of potential, I would of loved to have him as our backup and continue to learn on the bench.
Tried to sneak him on the PS...yeah, it wasnt the greatest idea. He def. did enough to make our team last year. Could have developed into a Schaub type situation, imo. Maybe get some picks for him down the road.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 05-08-2008 at 01:27 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 03:05 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Moores a chance but theres no way Thigpen gets a shot imo

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 03:07 PM    (permalink
xooberon
Veteran

xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.

delhomme's surgery went very well and apparently he's actually gained arm strength from it. hopefully he can last another couple of years and by then moore (or maybe even basanez who knows) should be able to take over. even though he looked good at the end of last year i still preferably want him to keep developing
xooberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I have followed Moore throught his college career also he has a legit chance to make an impact
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 04:40 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rod View Post
COULD be a legit QB. Saying "should" is rather over-stating it. He didn't exactly perform well for the Panthers last year. If I remember correctly, there were several games where Carr and the Old Man started ahead of him. That's not an enormous thumbs up from the staff, whatever they may say in public.

Pretty much any QB on an NFL roster has the chance to be a legitimate starting QB if the chips fall right and he makes the most of his opportunity. I don't see what Moore has done thus far to distinguish himself as a player who "should" make it.
Are you a panthers fan?
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love to see Matt Moore at QB for Carolina, always loved the guy. He's a fantastic player who I think could turn out to be good if developed.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 08:57 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn View Post
Are you a panthers fan?
no. falcons.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:59 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Matt Moore a lot. I know a lot of Cowboys fans were hoping he would stay here and back up Romo.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 02:57 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rod View Post
no. falcons.
Do you follow the Panthers close enough to know that it has been well publicized that John Fox doesn't like developing young QBs? Fox will always lean to the veteran when it comes to QB.

The fact about Moore is that the Panthers entire team was different when he was starting. The offense had energy and because of they were actually having decent success the defense also played better. Moore wasn't perfect, but he showed a lot of great things for a rookie. He didn't have too much to work with either.

Moore will be a starter in a year or two, he won't overtake Delhomme this year. We don't need him to.
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 03:32 PM    (permalink
DragonFireKai
Veteran

DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.

Matt Moore has a very limited ceiling. At best, he'll turn into a Trent Dilfer type starter. However, if he gets uncomfortable, he turns into a turnover machine.

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
The Destroyer Is Manifest!
I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk
DragonFireKai is offline   Reply With Quote