Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-09-2008, 06:29 PM    (permalink
jetsfan0099
Rookie

jetsfan0099 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
And there's the winner for the Cowboys...I would honestly say him or Kris Jenkins both are just as important, but our NT situation is much better then SS, Rhodes would be a beast for us.

*Edit*

I just realized Laron Landry didn't make the pro bowl I just assumed he did, as much as I hate that he plays for the Skins he's better then Rhodes, it would be unfair to add a safety with his ability to our secondary.
Landry isn't better then Rhodes, sorry. Rhodes is top 5 at his position, Landry can hit but that doesn't make him better Landry didn't even play better last year. Rhodes is smarter and understands how to make plays better. You will all see, Rhodes is a star, and he continues to get screwed with the pro bowl votes.

I would take.... tough one a lot of the players I would take made the pro bowl this year, and I can't take any Jets players...... I would say Aso from the Raiders, he is definitely a stud at CB. And we need another CB, him and Revis would be the best CB duo by far in the NFL.

Lots of Jets to take IMO David Harris, Rhodes, Mangold, Leon Washington.... lol I know I'm a homer, its hard not to be I love my team!! Even though they have bad luck, at least I'm not a band wagon fan, I rather be a homer than that.
jetsfan0099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan0099 View Post
Landry isn't better then Rhodes, sorry. Rhodes is top 5 at his position, Landry can hit but that doesn't make him better Landry didn't even play better last year. Rhodes is smarter and understands how to make plays better. You will all see, Rhodes is a star, and he continues to get screwed with the pro bowl votes.

I would take.... tough one a lot of the players I would take made the pro bowl this year, and I can't take any Jets players...... I would say Aso from the Raiders, he is definitely a stud at CB. And we need another CB, him and Revis would be the best CB duo by far in the NFL.

Lots of Jets to take IMO David Harris, Rhodes, Mangold, Leon Washington.... lol I know I'm a homer, its hard not to be I love my team!! Even though they have bad luck, at least I'm not a band wagon fan, I rather be a homer than that.
Incorrect. LaRon Landry is a notch above Kerry Rhodes.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 06:37 PM    (permalink
757Dawg
Rookie

757Dawg is a cocksman.757Dawg is a cocksman.757Dawg is a cocksman.757Dawg is a cocksman.757Dawg is a cocksman.

For the Browns, I'd say Shaun Phillips.

Phillips is usually overshadowed by Merriman, but he's been extremely productive as a 3-4 OLB for SD. He's averaged 9 sacks per season since 2005. He records over 60 tackles annually and has forced several fumbles.

With that kind of production and his size (6'3" 262), he would be a perfect fit at LOLB to pair with Kamerion Wimbley.
757Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 06:39 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
I agree Landry is a stud, and it's not even fair that the Redskins get to have the satisfaction of knowing that at one point they had two of the greatest safety talents playing in the same backfield.

I'd be lying if i said i've EVER seen Kerry Rhodes play, so i can't really make an assessment of how much better he is than Landry. But just because of the talent and playmaking ability, i'd take LaRon Landry pretty much over anyone not named Ed Reed.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:00 PM    (permalink
jetsfan0099
Rookie

Quote:
LoL yea right, just because he was a top 10 pick?? Landry didn't even have a INT until he was in the playoffs. Rhodes had 5 ints and the same amount of sacks, and I bet the Redskins had a better pass rush then the Jets. And I remember the Redskins getting owned over the top by the Pats. over 50 points kind of owned.
Rhodes has had 2 straight years of being dominant, compared to a guy with just potential and can hit hard.
You must have Landry as like the #3 S in the league then. My top 5 goes like this
1-Ed Reed
2-Bob Sanders
3-Kerry Rhodes
then it doesn't matter.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:01 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Laron Landry.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:03 PM    (permalink
jetsfan0099
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I agree Landry is a stud, and it's not even fair that the Redskins get to have the satisfaction of knowing that at one point they had two of the greatest safety talents playing in the same backfield.

I'd be lying if i said i've EVER seen Kerry Rhodes play, so i can't really make an assessment of how much better he is than Landry. But just because of the talent and playmaking ability, i'd take LaRon Landry pretty much over anyone not named Ed Reed.
You can see 1 Kerry Rhodes play in my sig, the video of #25 making a nice INT. Thats 1 play though, I have another one where he sacks Rex Grossman on a nice blitz. Seriously though Rhodes has that instincts and understands the game. Rhodes is the Defensive MVP for us, we move him everywhere, I rather have a guy that actually makes the plays then just a physically talented guy.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
LoL yea right, just because he was a top 10 pick?? Landry didn't even have a INT until he was in the playoffs. Rhodes had 5 ints and the same amount of sacks, and I bet the Redskins had a better pass rush then the Jets. And I remember the Redskins getting owned over the top by the Pats. over 50 points kind of owned.
Rhodes has had 2 straight years of being dominant, compared to a guy with just potential and can hit hard.
You must have Landry as like the #3 S in the league then. My top 5 goes like this
1-Ed Reed
2-Bob Sanders
3-Kerry Rhodes
then it doesn't matter.
Nmamdi Asomugha had 1 INT last year. Guess he sucks at corner right?

And because the Pats scored 50 on the Skins, that lies on Landry? Mmmmk. Got nothing to do with the pass rush, the offense keeping the ball away, the corners, the linebackers or the DC's gameplan. Nope. Just LaRon Landry's fault.

According to your logic, Indianapolis had the best safeties because they averaged the least PPG against them. And your logic wouldn't work in defending Rhodes because the Jets gave up something like 45 more points than the Skins did.

Last edited by Sniper : 05-09-2008 at 07:06 PM.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:06 PM    (permalink
jetsfan0099
Rookie

Quote:
Nmamdi Asomugha had 1 INT last year. Guess he sucks at corner right?

And because the Pats scored 50 on the Skins, that lies on Landry? Mmmmk. Got nothing to do with the pass rush, the offense keeping the ball away, the corners, the linebackers or the DC's gameplan. Nope. Just LaRon Landry's fault.

According to your logic, Indianapolis had the best safeties because they averaged the least PPG against them.
He certainly didn't do anything to help the cause, I remember hearing all week how the Redskins can beat the Pats that the Redskins were great in the secondary, the seeing the Pats just throw down field on them and completely own them was funny, both Sean Taylor and LaRon Landry looked dumb that game.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
He certainly didn't do anything to help the cause, I remember hearing all week how the Redskins can beat the Pats that the Redskins were great in the secondary, the seeing the Pats just throw down field on them and completely own them was funny, both Sean Taylor and LaRon Landry looked dumb that game.
The Jets gave up 38 in Week 1 to the Pats. Kerry's fault?
Old 05-09-2008, 07:12 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
For the Raiders a young solid athletic tackle like D'Brickashaw Ferguson is just what we need.
or Joe Thomas.
jetsfan0099
Rookie

Quote:
The Jets gave up 38 in Week 1 to the Pats. Kerry's fault?
No it was Justin Miller and David Barretts fault, both got torched, we don't play Kerry deep out there, and actually NM some of it was Rhodes problem he had a bad game, his worst game of the year kinda like a lot of players on the team, but still Landry has less production then Rhodes. I remember hearing about how Landry was struggling until like the end of the year, so you saying hes better then Rhodes who should be a 2 time probowler/ all pro safety makes no sense. And with the coverage thing, I'm pretty sure that the Redskins like playing their safetys back in coverage, I could be wrong but I think I remember hearing that.
Against the Jets Landry was almost invisable, I forgot he was on that team during that game.
jetsfan0099
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
or Joe Thomas.
Joe Thomas made the probowl
Old 05-09-2008, 07:15 PM    (permalink
jetsfan0099
Rookie

Like I said Rhodes is underrated, you probably haven't really even watched him. Your just going by Landry's college career and maybe some big hits and his really good playoff game. I'm going by what Rhodes did in the last 2 seasons. And is getting better. Rhodes is a bigger threat to get to the QB and jump routes, I rather have him.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

jetsfan ur so incredibly biased its not even funny...
Id take polamalu and maybe even adrian wilson over rhodes

btw, i thought about it, and i want JORDYZZZZZZ NELSONZZZZ

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
No it was Justin Miller and David Barretts fault, both got torched, we don't play Kerry deep out there, and actually NM some of it was Rhodes problem he had a bad game, his worst game of the year kinda like a lot of players on the team, but still Landry has less production then Rhodes. I remember hearing about how Landry was struggling until like the end of the year, so you saying hes better then Rhodes who should be a 2 time probowler/ all pro safety makes no sense. And with the coverage thing, I'm pretty sure that the Redskins like playing their safetys back in coverage, I could be wrong but I think I remember hearing that.
Against the Jets Landry was almost invisable, I forgot he was on that team during that game.
Pay attention to the game next time. Landry had seven tackles and a sack. Landry's production wasn't far off from Rhodes and his potential makes him a great player to have on your team for the next 10 years. I'd much rather have Landry patrolling center field and decapitating anyone who comes near him than Rhodes, and I think Rhodes is a very good underrated safety. Landry played better when he got moved to his more natural position of FS (Disappointing on how it had to come about). Watch Landry blow up this year.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:21 PM    (permalink
jetsfan0099
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
jetsfan ur so incredibly biased its not even funny...
Id take polamalu and maybe even adrian wilson over rhodes

btw, i thought about it, and i want JORDYZZZZZZ NELSONZZZZ
Wilson maybe, but Polamalu is overrated. At least the last 2 seasons he has been, when I watch him he doesn't impress me that much, Rhodes is a better player IMO. I remember Polamalu from like 2 years ago he looked real good, but the last 2 years he looked average. Rhodes has outplayed him in every way the last 2 years. Seriously is it so hard to imagian that a player on the Jets is really that good?? Look at the stats for your selfs, and then watch some game tapes of the defense and look what Rhodes does, he seriously is as good as I say he is. I am not overrating him 1 bit, you guys just are not realizing how talented he is. This is why the probowl voting is so BS, because people vote based off of past names or hyped up players and not by actual production and skills.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:26 PM    (permalink
jetsfan0099
Rookie

Quote:
Pay attention to the game next time. Landry had seven tackles and a sack. Landry's production wasn't far off from Rhodes and his potential makes him a great player to have on your team for the next 10 years. I'd much rather have Landry patrolling center field and decapitating anyone who comes near him than Rhodes, and I think Rhodes is a very good underrated safety. Landry played better when he got moved to his more natural position of FS (Disappointing on how it had to come about). Watch Landry blow up this year.
So you do admit your basing it off of potential? Maybe Landry will end up being better, but right now Rhodes is. Rhodes is the highest paid S for a reason. But I only expect Rhodes to get better also, especially with the pass rush that he will get now. Rhodes is more of a guy that likes to move around and jump routes and blitz and get the QB. He can either get a high amount of sacks in a season or a high amount of INTs.
But yea Landry is a good player, I just think its ridculous for people to say hes better then Rhodes at this point. Especially when 1 player had a average season the other had a great season.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
So you do admit your basing it off of potential? Maybe Landry will end up being better, but right now Rhodes is. Rhodes is the highest paid S for a reason. But I only expect Rhodes to get better also, especially with the pass rush that he will get now. Rhodes is more of a guy that likes to move around and jump routes and blitz and get the QB. He can either get a high amount of sacks in a season or a high amount of INTs.
But yea Landry is a good player, I just think its ridculous for people to say hes better then Rhodes at this point. Especially when 1 player had a average season the other had a great season.
Landry still had a very good season compared to other rookie safeties that have come in lately. At his natural position, Landry is better than Rhodes.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:43 PM    (permalink
jetsfan0099
Rookie

Quote:
Landry still had a very good season compared to other rookie safeties that have come in lately. At his natural position, Landry is better than Rhodes.
You have absolutely nothing to back that up though.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:44 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Jordyz wanted to play defense he'd be better than Landry AND Rhodes!
Old 05-09-2008, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
You have absolutely nothing to back that up though.
Besides the post-Taylor's death period? I suppose not. It's only half a season.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mario Williams would be a great compliment to Dwayne White.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:58 PM    (permalink
asmitty45
Veteran

asmitty45 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

For the Lions, Jake Long or Vilma.

Backus is garbage, we need an LT and i was very upset when the saints got vilma, we need him badly.

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21
asmitty45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 09:04 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Landry is the much better prospect. Potential wise, their not even comparable, Landry is far superior. He has the highest ceiling of any safety currently out there. Production wise, he's among the top of the safeties. Teams actually schemed and rolled blocking towards him when he would sneak up on the line.

Landry had the game winning hit against the Eagles, you know, that EA sports commercial?

The game sealing INT against the Cards on their two point conversion.

And the sack/fumble recovery against the Jets for the go-ahead score. Remember this?

Clemens was on his *** the whole day.

I doubt Rhodes had that kind of impact during his rookie year.

And plus, when you have an Eagles fan defending a Redskins' player, you know he has to be pretty good :D.