Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football > Recruiting

Recruiting Discuss High School Recruiting

Old 05-16-2008, 07:11 AM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerBait45 View Post
Miles has definitely shown that he loves to dip into Florida and Texas, especially after Saban cut off that Mobile pipeline we had for a while.

I'm thinking Orelus will de-commit to be honest. Something about him strikes me as really funny.

Bostic would be really, really great to have, and I believe he thought about committing to LSU after the spring game last month. Long way to go with him though.

Sonny on our Scout site likes our chances with DeBose (I think it'll depend on whether we take Ray Ray Armstron or Dye as well), but its tough to get such an electric player out of Florida.

I like our chances with Sua Filo because of Gary Crowton's influence in Utah. He coached at BYU, hes from Provo..they love him there and he'll probably be going hard after Sua Filo and John Martinez. I believe Sua Filo has us on the top of his list.

If we get one of them I'd bet it'd be Sua Filo..Martinez is definitely going to USC.
I've been saying for a long time that Orelus will decommit. It's pretty obvious if you ask me. He's going to either Miami or Florida.

I don't know exactly how hard Miami is going after Bostic because they have offered alot of LBs and are only taking 1 but he is from an area that's all Miami and if Miami pushed hard enough I'm sure they could land him fairly easily. I just don't think they are as interested in him as some others.

I have heard LSU and FSU for Debose but FSU is clearly the leader and I don't think it's all that close to be honest. He's just having fun with it but he'll be a Nole in the end. I don't know if you've heard anything on Dye but I'd be shocked if he ended up anywhere but Miami. Armstrong is the most open but I'd say Florida has the best chance.
Old 05-17-2008, 01:27 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
I've been saying for a long time that Orelus will decommit. It's pretty obvious if you ask me. He's going to either Miami or Florida.

I don't know exactly how hard Miami is going after Bostic because they have offered alot of LBs and are only taking 1 but he is from an area that's all Miami and if Miami pushed hard enough I'm sure they could land him fairly easily. I just don't think they are as interested in him as some others.

I have heard LSU and FSU for Debose but FSU is clearly the leader and I don't think it's all that close to be honest. He's just having fun with it but he'll be a Nole in the end. I don't know if you've heard anything on Dye but I'd be shocked if he ended up anywhere but Miami. Armstrong is the most open but I'd say Florida has the best chance.
I really want that Armstrong kid. Dye would also be really nice. I don't think there's any chance Orelus stays an LSU commit. He's a Cane all the way!

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 10:54 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

REDO!

Jordan Whiting-LB
Storm Klein-LB
John Simon-DT
Jack Mewhort-OL
Adam Homan-FB
CJ Barnett-CB
Chris Fields-WR
Jamie Wood-S
Dorian Bell-LB
Jordan Hall-RB
Melvin Fellows-DE
Corey Linsley-OL
Zach Boren-FB
James Jackson-WR
Reid Fragel-TE
Corey Brown-CB
Bradley McDougal-S
Carlos Hyde-RB
Vladimir Emilien-S
Jaamal Berry-RB
Duron Carter-WR
Brandon McGee-CB
Pat Muldoon-DE
Jonathan Newsome-DE
Marcus Hall-OL

that's the full 25. wouldn't be surprised if that's the exact 25 we take, we'll be mostly done with our class before the season starts.

Chris Watt, DJ Hunter, Dominic Clarke, EJ Banks, Corey Adams and a few others might be in there instead of some possibly.
Old 05-22-2008, 03:31 PM    (permalink
ToldLikeItIs
Pro Bowler

ToldLikeItIs ToldLikeItIs ToldLikeItIs ToldLikeItIs ToldLikeItIs

Updated:

QB - Jordan Reed ****
QB - Dolapo McCarthy ***
RB - Brandon Wegher ****
RB - Brad Rogers ***
WR - Keenan Davis ****
WR - Vondrae Tostenson ***
WR - Tyree Watkins ****
TE - ??
OT - Brent Qvale ***
OT - David Barrent ****
OT - Kyle Koehne ***
OG - Drew Clark ***

DE - Nosa Egaue ***
DE - Tyrone Sellers ***
DT - Adam Repogle ***
OLB - Jake Weiss ***
OLB - Denicos Allen ***
CB - Demontrae Hurst ***
CB - Phillip Harvey **
ATH - Nathan Scheelhaase ****
ATH - Jordan Cotton ***
ToldLikeItIs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 08:05 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok, I wasn't going to do one until a little later but I think I have enough info to make an early educated guess. I used Scout's rankings because Rivals was down.

QB
Kevin Newsome (5*)
Shavodrick Beaver (4*)

RB
Teric Jones (4*)
Fitzgerald Toussaint (3*)

WR
Bryce McNeal (4*)
Kenny Bell (4*)
Jeremy Gallon (3*)

OL
Brennan Williams (4*)
Michael Schofield (3*)
Zack Martin (N/R)
Adam Gress (N/R)

DT
William Campbell (5*)
Josh Boyd (4*)

DE
Sam Montgomery (4*)
Keenan Graham (4*)

LB
DeDe Lattimore (3*)
Jordan Barnes (3*)
Isaiah Bell (N/R)
Brandin Hawthrone (N/R)

CB
Darius Winston (5*)
Justin Turner (4*)
David Gordon (3*)

S
Mike Jones (4*)
Dennis Thames (3*)

K
Anthony Fera (N/R)

I feel pretty good about a lot of these guys and not-so-great on some others.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Bell is better suited at SS and Turner at FS. Just my 2 cents. I really don't know if we'll take four linebackers again after the quartet of Fitzgerald/Demens/Witherspoon/Hill all come in this year. We really need some more DBs though. Mike Jones would be sweet at S, if only to say WHO? after every tackle.

All that to say, if that's your prediction, it's good enough for me.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Key, what's the deal with the University of Ohio State's 401,292 DB offers?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Newbs24
Rookie

Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.

I like P-L's list. I would not mind switching out Gress and putting Watt in but he has been so quiet it is hard to read him. It sucks, but I think we are way behind on both Graham and Montgomery. Boyd would be a huge pickup because I think he could play SDE. Marcus Witherspoon being able to become a DE is also gonna be key for this team IMO. Overall, I like that list alot. Especially Thames, Winston and Jones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermario86 View Post
Stanton will be a pro bowler his 5th year book it.
Newbs24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 06:06 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Key, what's the deal with the University of Ohio State's 401,292 DB offers?
between barnett, brown, mcdougald, emilien, mcgee, green, gilmore, clarke, wood, and about 5 others they have offered they will for sure get 5-7 great prospects. First come first serve I think.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:09 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

Also I keep changing my predicted list. Definitely gonna be 27 I think now:

1-Jordan Whiting
2-Storm Klein
3-John Simon
4-Jack Mewhort
5-Adam Homan
6-CJ Barnett
7-Chris Fields
8-Jamie Wood
9-Dorian Bell
10-Jordan Hall
11-Melvin Fellows
12-Corey Linsley
13-Zach Boren
14-James Jackson
15-Reid Fragel
16-Dominic Clarke
17-Adam Bellamy
18-Duron Carter
19-Carlos Hyde
20-Justin Green
21-Corey Brown
22-Bradley McDougald
23-Chris Watt
24-Jaamal Berry
25-Vlad Emilien
26-Jonathan Newsome
27-Marcus Hall

They might sneak in Corey Adams or Brandon McGee or maybe EJ Banks or Ra'Shede Hageman, or another OLineman. If there is going to be a 28th guy though it will be McGee.

Last edited by keylime_5 : 06-23-2008 at 01:09 PM.
keylime_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:22 AM    (permalink
ToldLikeItIs
Pro Bowler

Updated:

QB - Jordan Reed ****
RB - Brad Rogers ***
RB - Brandon Wegher ****
WR - Keenan Davis ****
WR - Duwyce Wilson ***
TE - Darion Howard ***
OT - David Barrent ****
OT - Oday Aboushi ***
OT - Kyle Koehne ***
OG - Drew Clark ***
DT - Adam Repogle ***
DE - Alex Williams ***
DE - Nosa Egaue ***
OLB - Denicos Allen ***
OLB - Jake Weiss **
CB - Demontrae Hurst ***
CB - Phillip Harvey ***
Old 06-19-2008, 10:39 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToldLikeItIs View Post
Updated:

QB - Jordan Reed ****
RB - Brad Rogers ***
RB - Brandon Wegher ****
WR - Keenan Davis ****
WR - Duwyce Wilson ***
TE - Darion Howard ***
OT - David Barrent ****
OT - Oday Aboushi ***
OT - Kyle Koehne ***
OG - Drew Clark ***
DT - Adam Repogle ***
DE - Alex Williams ***
DE - Nosa Egaue ***
OLB - Denicos Allen ***
OLB - Jake Weiss **
CB - Demontrae Hurst ***
CB - Phillip Harvey ***
No Cotton?

and Wegher is picking up a lot of interest from big schools, and from what I've read he's looking for an Oklahoma offer, and many people doubt he comes to Iowa but I really hope he does

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 01:40 PM    (permalink
ToldLikeItIs
Pro Bowler

Forgot Cotton, my bad.

Wegher, Davis, Cotton, and Barrent FOR SURE.

Reed or Scheelhaase, one of the two.

Tostenson if he doesn't get that Nebraska offer, even then we're still in good shape.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:40 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lets bring this back a little bit;

QB - Nathan Scheelhaase* - ****
RB - Bud Golden* - ***
RB - Ronnie Wingo - ****
FB - Greg Fuller* - ***
WR - Steve Hull* - **
WR - Joelil Thrash* - **
WR - Kraig Appleton (soft verbal) - ****
OL - Jake Feldmeyer* - **
OL - Marcus Hall - *****
OL - Andrew Carter* - ***
OL - Leon Hill* - ****
OL - Hugh Thornton* -- ***
DL - Lendell Buckner* - ****
DL - Craig Drummond - ****
DL - Michael Buchannon - *** (should be a 4 star though after this season)
LB - Darryl Lee* - ***
LB - Denicos Allen* - ***
LB - Jelani Jenkins - ***** (this is my one shot in the dark prediction right now)
LB - Tank Carradine - ***
CB - Tommie Hopkins* - **
CB - Mike Edwards - ***

Most on there we have a good shot at landing or have already gotten verbals from (indicated by the asterisk next to their name).

Some will call me a homer for having guys like Hall, Wingo, and Jenkins on there but I think we have good chances with all 3. We've been hearing that Hall wants to go away for school, Wingo has always liked Illinois a lot and it'll be a Mizzou/Illinois battle for him, and Jenkins is from the Maryland area where we have cleaned up plus he's looking strong at academics (to go along with early playing time at LB).

Zook has an eye for talent (Vontae was a 3 star, Asamoah was a "MAC recruit," Dere Hicks wasn't highly regarded star wise, Bellamy was a 3 star, Davis was a 2/3 star, Walker was a 2/3 star, Hooman was a 3 star, etc...Hull, Golden, and Edwards have been having great years so far (I believe we are the strong leaders for Edwards right now) and will see stocks improve. Scheelhaase, Hawthorne, Buckner, Hill, Carter, and Appleton are studs. Thrash, Feldmeyer, and Hopkins are bit of unknowns.

If we land the players on that list it'll be a home run class, ton of potential with those guys. We'll see what happens.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 02:57 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll give this another try.

QB: Tate Forcier, San Diego (CA) Scripps Ranch,4*
QB: Shavodrick Beaver, Wichita Falls (TX) Rider, 4*
RB: Fitzgerald Toussaint, Youngstown (OH) Liberty, 4*
RB: Teric Jones, Detroit (MI) Cass Tech, 3*
RB: Vincent Smith, Pahokee (FL) Pahokee, 3*
WR: Bryce McNeal, Minneapolis (MN) Breck, 4*
WR: Jeremy Gallon, Apopka (FL) Apopka, 4*
OL: Michael Schofield, Orland Park (IL) Sandburg, 4*
OL: Quinton Washington, St. Stephen (SC) Timberland, 4*
DL: William Campbell, Detroit (MI) Cass Tech, 5*
DL: Anthony LaLota, Princeton (NJ) Hun School, 4*
DL: Craig Roh, Scottsdale (AZ) Chaparral, 4*
DL: DeQuinta Jones, Bastrop (LA) Bastrop, 4*
DL: Jason Ankrah, Gaithersburg (MD) Quince Orchard, 3*
LB: Brandin Hawthorne, Pahokee (FL) Pahokee,3*
LB: Jordan Barnes, Fort Wayne (IN) Homestead, 3*
LB: Isaiah Bell, Youngstown (OH) Liberty, 3*
DB: Justin Turner, Massillon (OH) Washington, 4*
DB: Travis Hawkins, Gaithersburg (MD) Quince Orchard, 4*
DB: Mike Jones, Orlando (FL) Edgewater, 3*
DB: Thomas Gordon, Detroit (MI) Cass Tech, 3*
DB: Dewayne Peace, Grand Prairie (TX) South Grand Prairie, 3*
PK: Anthony Fera, Houston (TX) St. Pius X, 3*

I'm really not that confident about Washington and Ankrah/Hawkins but I needed about 3 extra guys to fill the class to 23, the number I think we'll end up with.

Last edited by P-L : 09-12-2008 at 07:07 PM.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Well since everyone else is updating, I might as well too.

(I'm placing them at the position I expect them to play at Miami)

QB-AJ Highsmith, Fort Bend (TX) Hightower 3*
RB- Mike James, Davenport (FL) Ridge 4*
RB- Bryce Brown, Wichita (KS) Wichita East 5*
TE- Billy Sanders, Coeur d'Alene (ID) Lake City 3*
TE- Stephen Plein, Fort Myers (FL) Fort Myers 2*
WR- Andre Debose, Sanford (FL) Seminole 4*
OL- Cory White, Jacksonville (FL) Fleming Island 3*
OL- Xavier Nixon, Fayetteville (NC) Jack Britt 4*
OL- Jared Wheeler, Plantation (FL) American Heritage 3*
OL- Peter White, Washington (DC) St. John's College High 4*
OL- Brandon Washington, New Berlin (NY) Milford Prep NR/4*

DE- Antonio Harper, Chatham (VA) Hargrave Military Academcy NR/3*
DE- Olivier Vernon, Miami (FL) American 4*
DT- Curtis Porter, Charlotte (NC) Victory Christian 3*
DT- Luther Robinson, Ft. Pierce (FL) Westwood 4*
LB- Ray Ray Armstrong, Sanford (FL) Seminole 4*
LB- Zach Kane, New Berlin (NY) Milford Prep NR/2*
CB- Brandon McGee, Lauderhill (FL) Plantation 4*
CB- Prince Kent, Norcross (GA) Norcross 4*
CB- Michael Carter, Pompano Beach (FL) Ely 4*
CB- Jamal Reid, Mayo (FL) Lafayette 3*
DB- Keyvon Webster, Opa Locka (FL) Monsignor Pace 3*

The 3 prep kids aren't ranked yet so I put their ranking from last year but Kane has supposedly been lighting it up in Prep and the other two are very good raw talents so I can't see any rated less then 3 stars with Washington likely a 4*. 22 total, which is ballpark of what we are expecting to take.

This is the most realistic case but we are also in on other top guys like Sheldon Richardson, William Campbell, Ruben Randle and I wouldn't be shocked if we landed 1 from that list though I'm not expecting it. Adding one of those will likely force out another guy like Webster or Wheeler.
Old 09-16-2008, 03:19 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

LB-Jordan Whiting
LB-Storm Klein
DT-John Simon
OL-Jack Mewhort
FB-Adam Homan
CB-CJ Barnett
WR-Chris Fields
S-Jamie Wood
LB-Dorian Bell
RB-Jordan Hall
DE-Melvin Fellows
OL-Corey Linsley
FB/LB-Zach Boren
WR-James Jackson
TE-Reid Fragel
CB-Dominic Clarke
DT-Adam Bellamy
WR-Duron Carter
RB-Carlos Hyde
CB-Justin Green
CB-Corey Brown
S-Bradley McDougald
DE-Jonathan Newsome
OL-Sam Longo
RB-Jaamal Berry
OL-Marcus Hall
DT-Corey Adams
LB/S-Frankie Telfort
WR-Marlon Brown

why not

Last edited by keylime_5 : 10-01-2008 at 12:55 PM.
keylime_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 01:58 AM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thought I would do one for Miami just to put my predictions on 'paper' and to get some feedback...I am putting them at the position I see them playing at UM.

RB - Bryce Brown
RB - Mike James
RB - Lamar Miller

WR - Andre Debose

TE - Orson Charles

OL - Cory White
OL - Andrew Tiller
OL - Malcolm Bunche
OL - Sheldon Richardson
OL - Jared Wheeler
OL - Brandon Washington
OL - Stephen Plein
OL - Billy Sanders
OL - Curtis Porter

DT - Antwan Lowery
DT - Luther Robinson

DE - Olivier Vernon
DE - Ray Ray Armstrong
DE - Dyron Dye
DE - Lawrence Henderson

S - AJ Highsmith
S- Prince Kent

CB - Brandon McGee
CB - Jamal Reid
CB - DeMontre Hurst
CB - Kayvon Webster

A full class of 26 and I got my fingers crossed for guys like Massie, Randle and Eugene Smith. I would also love a MLB in the class, but I just don't see the guy for it this year...
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 05:54 AM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Thought I would do one for Miami just to put my predictions on 'paper' and to get some feedback...I am putting them at the position I see them playing at UM.

A full class of 26 and I got my fingers crossed for guys like Massie, Randle and Eugene Smith. I would also love a MLB in the class, but I just don't see the guy for it this year...
I can guarantee you we are not taking 26. No way, No how.

You can cross Henderson off that list. He ain't coming. And there's ZERO chance we take 9 OL.

Heres Mine:

QB- AJ Highsmith, Fort Bend (TX) Hightower 3*
RB- Lamar Miller, Miami (FL) Killian 4*

WR- Rueben Randle, Bastrop (LA) Bastrop 5*
OL- Brandon Washington, New Berlin (NY) Milford Prep 4*

OL- Malcolm Bunche, Newark (DE) Newark 3*
OL- Roy Watts, Corsicana (TX) Navarro J.C. 4*
OL- Andrew Tiller, Garden City (NY) Nassau C.C. 3*

DE- Dyron Dye, Sanford (FL) Seminole 4*

DT- Antwan Lowery, Miami (FL) Columbus 4*
LB- Antonio Harper, Chatham (VA) Hargrave Military Academy 4*
DB- Brandon McGee, Lauderhill (FL) Plantation 4*
DB- Prince Kent, Norcross (GA) Norcross 4*
DB- Jamal Reid, Mayo (FL) Lafayette 4*
DB- Kayvon Webster, Opa Locka (FL) Monsignor Pace 3*

DB- Demontre Hurst, Lancaster (TX) Lancaster 3*

Slight possbility we could substitute Bobby Massie, Chatham (VA) Hargrave Military Academy 5* in place of Watts.
Old 12-06-2008, 10:11 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

More importantly, Joey, what the **** are you doing up at 5 in the morning on a Saturday?

Best case scenario you're still up drinking. Worst case scenario you woke up at 6 am lol.
Old 12-06-2008, 10:12 AM    (permalink
Geomar
Rookie

Geomar hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Geomar hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Im sorry Hollywood but their's no way in hell Ray Ray Armstrong ends up playing DE.

Either TE or LB. Slight possibility of S.

Anyone heard the news at canesport. Nix out. Interviewing Malzahn. Jermaine McKenzie might be transferring. We got two really good recievers coming. (Guess what, were only recruiting two right now..... DeBose and Randle.

It's still a wait and see but this info is coming from some of the big-timers there.

Graig Cooper makes opposing defenses look silly.
Geomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp4516 View Post
More importantly, Joey, what the **** are you doing up at 5 in the morning on a Saturday?

Best case scenario you're still up drinking. Worst case scenario you woke up at 6 am lol.
Concealed weapons/hunting permit class in the morning. Had to be up early.

BtW....Geomar, heard the stuff. Been saying for awhile that Ix would be gne despite all the talk otherwise. We are looking at 3-4 guys not just Gus.

Randle is a huge chance. Debose is iffy.

Heard Shawnbery McNeal and Jermaine McKenize are gone that thres talk about Marve.

You can PM me if you want. Im pretty good about getting a gatherng on all the news if u ever wana PM me for it.
Old 12-06-2008, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
I can guarantee you we are not taking 26. No way, No how.

You can cross Henderson off that list. He ain't coming. And there's ZERO chance we take 9 OL.

Heres Mine:

QB- AJ Highsmith, Fort Bend (TX) Hightower 3*
RB- Lamar Miller, Miami (FL) Killian 4*

WR- Rueben Randle, Bastrop (LA) Bastrop 5*
OL- Brandon Washington, New Berlin (NY) Milford Prep 4*

OL- Malcolm Bunche, Newark (DE) Newark 3*
OL- Roy Watts, Corsicana (TX) Navarro J.C. 4*
OL- Andrew Tiller, Garden City (NY) Nassau C.C. 3*

DE- Dyron Dye, Sanford (FL) Seminole 4*

DT- Antwan Lowery, Miami (FL) Columbus 4*
LB- Antonio Harper, Chatham (VA) Hargrave Military Academy 4*
DB- Brandon McGee, Lauderhill (FL) Plantation 4*
DB- Prince Kent, Norcross (GA) Norcross 4*
DB- Jamal Reid, Mayo (FL) Lafayette 4*
DB- Kayvon Webster, Opa Locka (FL) Monsignor Pace 3*

DB- Demontre Hurst, Lancaster (TX) Lancaster 3*

Slight possbility we could substitute Bobby Massie, Chatham (VA) Hargrave Military Academy 5* in place of Watts.
How is it no way no possibility at all that we don't take just one more extra guy from what you have in the class? It seems like a possibility to me especially with some of the rumored transfers. Do you think Henderson doesn't have a commitable offer?

Also, you say no way to 9 OL but I just project three of the guys in your class that you don't have playing line to the line - Sanders, Plein and Porter IMO all end up on the line or transfer. Sanders and Plein are NOT University of Miami TE's; I see them both redshirting, bulking up and trying them out at tackle spots, maybe even one of them develops into a center. I love Porter at guard based on film too.

To the poster who said Ray Ray won't play DE - he is already bigger than Marcus Robinson was coming in last year and based on film I've seen from him the dude is not a LB or safety, he either plays TE or DE and will be a beast there too. I've even read already (maybe it was here and Joey wrote it?) that the coaches plan on trying him at DE...
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Updated:

QB: Kevin Newsome
RB: Curtis Dukes
WR: Justin Brown, Curtis Drake, Brandon Felder, Devon Smith, Christian Kuntz, Antoine Exum
OL: Ty Howle, Eric Shrive, Nate Cadogan, Frank Figueroa, Mark Arcidiacono, Adam Gress
DL: Sean Staley, Gary Gilliam
LB: Jelani Jenkins, Glen Carson
DB: Malcolm Willis, Darrell Givens, Stephon Morris, Stephen Obeng-Agyapong, Gerald Hodges
K: Anthony Fera
ATH: Derrick Thomas

Last edited by Hines : 12-17-2008 at 07:42 PM.
Hines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
How is it no way no possibility at all that we don't take just one more extra guy from what you have in the class? It seems like a possibility to me especially with some of the rumored transfers. Do you think Henderson doesn't have a commitable offer?

Also, you say no way to 9 OL but I just project three of the guys in your class that you don't have playing line to the line - Sanders, Plein and Porter IMO all end up on the line or transfer. Sanders and Plein are NOT University of Miami TE's; I see them both redshirting, bulking up and trying them out at tackle spots, maybe even one of them develops into a center. I love Porter at guard based on film too.

To the poster who said Ray Ray won't play DE - he is already bigger than Marcus Robinson was coming in last year and based on film I've seen from him the dude is not a LB or safety, he either plays TE or DE and will be a beast there too. I've even read already (maybe it was here and Joey wrote it?) that the coaches plan on trying him at DE...
We will not take 26. We are taking a full class of 25. That's the limit. We were only supposed to take 22 or so and transfers are the only reason we are taking a full 25. We cannot take more then that because we took more then the limit last year (30) and any more then the full 25 this season would have to go prep and enroll next year. We are not looking to take extra schollies away from next year's class. We are looking to load up next season. We will take a full class this year but that's it.

Henderson did have a commitable offer and did commit but his mom told him not too because she does not want him at Miami. He will not be here.

Plein has already been told he is being looked at as a TE so there's no sense in projecting him to OL and Sanders has already been told he will be looked at as TE 1st and DE 2nd so there's no sense in projecting him to the OL either. Hence there is no way we are taking 9 OL in this class. Just not possible. Besides Clint Hurtt has already come out more then once and said we are looking at 6-7 OL for this class. So you should probably be projecting in that range and not an outrageous 9 OL. Do you really think the staff would only bring in 1 TE with Zellner leaving and Epps/Gordon both going into SR year. That would leave us with ZERO depth at the position. So of course Plein and Sanders will play TE and either Orson Charles or Ray Ray could join them there.

I have heard some stuff about Ray Ray playing DE here. I have him at LB but that's in no way set in stone. I could see him at DE or TE as well.