Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football > Recruiting

Recruiting Discuss High School Recruiting

Old 12-08-2008, 08:08 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some people say it really looks like Ohio State could finish with these guys:

QB-Tajh Boyd (5 stars)
DT-Corey Adams (5 stars)
OL-Marcus Hall (5 stars)
WR-Marlon Brown (5 stars)

if that happens, #1 class in the country.

Last edited by keylime_5 : 12-20-2008 at 03:59 PM.
keylime_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 05:12 PM    (permalink
bball2223

Notre Dame's Current Class:

3* ATH EJ Banks
4* OL Alex Bullard
3* LB Carlo Calabrese
2* OL/ST Jordan Cowart
3* TE Tyler Eifert
4* WR Shaq Evans
4* LB Dan Fox
2* TE Jake Golic
4* OL Zach Martin
4* LB Zeke Motta
3* ATH Nyshier Oliver
4* DB Marlon Pollard
4* RB Theo Riddick
4* DT Tyler Stockton
2* K Nick Tausch
3* P Ben Turk
4* OL Chris Watt
5* RB Cierre Wood

Charlie's recruiting confuses me just as mcuh as his coaching. We need DL BADLY. We have 1 DL in this class but we need more. We are out of it for Bonds, Custis, and LaLota (after he squashed the decommitment rumors). Target some lower 3* prospects with great film. I can't take this take the best skill position players but take the most overrated trench players style of recruiting.
Old 12-17-2008, 05:13 PM    (permalink
bball2223

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Some people say it really looks like Ohio State could finish with these guys:

QB-Tajh Boyd (5 stars)
DT-Corey Adams (5 stars)
OL-Marcus Hall (5 stars)
WR-Marlon Brown (5 stars)
CB-Jayron Hosley (4 stars)

if that happens, #1 class in the country.
Top 3 class but LSU and USC have the best classes by far this year.
Old 12-17-2008, 05:45 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tennessee could use a big WR like Marlon Brown, even though I'm kind of worried he might not live up to expectations considering how weak the competition he plays is.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:11 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bball2223 View Post
Top 3 class but LSU and USC have the best classes by far this year.
not necessarily. If we get those guys then we'll have 8 or 9 five stars (Bell, Fellows, Hall, Berry, Brown, Adams, Simon, Boyd and maybe Corey Brown if he gets upgraded) not to mention 14 Under Armour/US Army All American players. LSU and USC would have to get all the 5 stars they are currently targeting to pass Ohio State as the #1 class if we finish with those guys.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:14 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marlon Brown is a 4 star on Rivals for what it's worth. But some people prefer Scout I guess.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:15 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well Florida has no 5* guys at this point, but I think Mike Gillislee is the best we've got. His highlight reel is flat out insane.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 06:24 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Marlon Brown is a 4 star on Rivals for what it's worth. But some people prefer Scout I guess.
in my book if you are a 5star on rivals or a 5star on scout, then you're a 5 star.

I think if things go like they should then I think Ohio State will probably have more top 100 guys and 5 stars than USC or LSU, but LSU and USC will have more top 10 and top 20 players. If that happens then it is pretty much a scenario that LSU or USC or OSU has the best recruiting class in the country arguably and they pretty much share a crown, though rivals, scout, espn, etc. like to give it to one school with their little points system. Looking like those 3 for sure in some order will be the top 3 with a pretty big distance between them and the 4th best class this year.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:45 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
not necessarily. If we get those guys then we'll have 8 or 9 five stars (Bell, Fellows, Hall, Berry, Brown, Adams, Simon, Boyd and maybe Corey Brown if he gets upgraded) not to mention 14 Under Armour/US Army All American players. LSU and USC would have to get all the 5 stars they are currently targeting to pass Ohio State as the #1 class if we finish with those guys.
Yea but keep in mind ur looking at Scouts rankings. They are very liberal with their stars. Especially with media darlings like OSU, USC and UF.

On rivals, ur holding at the top based on having more players currently commited, not because your players are better.

Once people start closing out their classes they will close the gap and some will pass.

Ur having a top 5 class but Im not sure youll be number 1. I think LSU could take that honor.
JoeyJr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 06:51 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
Well Florida has no 5* guys at this point, but I think Mike Gillislee is the best we've got. His highlight reel is flat out insane.
Ull get Xavier Nixon and you have a good shot at Andre Debose and a few others but by and large ur class is a pretty big letdown with the year ur having.

Ull finish in the top 10 on ESPN because they wanna blow Tebow but ull bw outside looking in on the others.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:05 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
in my book if you are a 5star on rivals or a 5star on scout, then you're a 5 star.
Honestly, I think that's a bit ridiculous. You think there are 60 5-star players in the country? There are only 21 players that are rated 5-stars by both sites. Why do the 39 other guys get 5-star status instead of 4-star status when at least 1 of the sites think they are only 4-stars?
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Edited my list. It is on page 2. I believe the top 3 targets left for Penn State all end up there. Jenkins is the wild card as I think he is down to Florida and Penn State.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:16 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Honestly, I think that's a bit ridiculous. You think there are 60 5-star players in the country? There are only 21 players that are rated 5-stars by both sites. Why do the 39 other guys get 5-star status instead of 4-star status when at least 1 of the sites think they are only 4-stars?
If I were a recruit and scout.com says I'm a 5 star, or if Rivals.com says I'm a 5 star, then I can tell people I'm a 5 star recruit truthfully. You can't discredit one or the other.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:17 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
Yea but keep in mind ur looking at Scouts rankings. They are very liberal with their stars. Especially with media darlings like OSU, USC and UF.

On rivals, ur holding at the top based on having more players currently commited, not because your players are better.

Once people start closing out their classes they will close the gap and some will pass.

Ur having a top 5 class but Im not sure youll be number 1. I think LSU could take that honor.
I really think if things finish as expected then we'll get #1 on scout's team rankings and probably #3 on rivals' behind USC and LSU. They do hand out 5 star and 4 star ratings more liberally, but that helps every team's avg. star ratings, not just ours. The thing is though I think Rivals rates the LSU and USC commits higher than scout does and scout has some Buckeye commits rated higher than they are on rivals.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:24 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wvu commits---18

3* rb shawne alston (had 900 yds in playoffs, incl. 240 in champ game; boyds teammate)
3* wr stedman bailey (smith's teammate)
3* ol cole bowers
3* lb branko busick
2* db darwin cook (sleeper in this class; will play our bandit safety; 20 sacks in each of the past 2 years)
3* dt dominik davenport (alston and boyds teammate)
3* ol pat eger
2* ol curtis feight
3* db terence gavin
3* rb daquan hargrett
4* wr logan heastie
3* ol nick kindler
4* wr deon long
3* db arthur render (juco; from miami northwestern---06 grad)
4* qb eugene smith
3* lb chris snook (not evaluated on rivals as fb; #2 fb according to scout; gonna play fb/te)
3* ol ryan spiker
3* ol jordan weingart

guesses for rest of class

4* rb tavon austin
4* de tevita finau (juco)
4* cb michael carter
3* cb brodrick jenkins
3* wr terrence moore
2* dl kadeem custis

guys that will play next year: alston, bailey, hargrett, heastie, long, smith, snook, finau, moore, austin

we dont have a big back which alston would fill; snook would be our starting fb; and our wr corp is terrible and heastie/long enrolling early; smith will win the #2 qb; finau will see significant time at de; hargrett/austin will play in the slot/return game

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 05:02 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Notre Dame's Current Class:

3* ATH EJ Banks
4* OL Alex Bullard
3* LB Carlo Calabrese
2* OL/ST Jordan Cowart
3* TE Tyler Eifert
4* WR Shaq Evans
4* LB Dan Fox
2* TE Jake Golic
4* OL Zach Martin
4* LB Zeke Motta
3* ATH Nyshier Oliver
4* DB Marlon Pollard
4* RB Theo Riddick
4* DT Tyler Stockton
2* K Nick Tausch
3* P Ben Turk
4* OL Chris Watt
5* RB Cierre Wood

Charlie's recruiting confuses me just as mcuh as his coaching. We need DL BADLY. We have 1 DL in this class but we need more. We are out of it for Bonds, Custis, and LaLota (after he squashed the decommitment rumors). Target some lower 3* prospects with great film. I can't take this take the best skill position players but take the most overrated trench players style of recruiting.
And id saddens me to say but i dont think we'll get much more. Surely we are pushing both Teo and Jenkins like crazy but I'd be pleasantly suprised when we get either. Well we are gonnna get a FB in either Toben Opurum or Tyler Gaffney abut that is not really a big difference maker in the class. 2010 is looking better. I'd love for us to reel in some more linemen on either side of the ball for this year though.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 09:24 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
4* OL Alex Bullard
Wanted this guy badly for Michigan. Nice get.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 02:25 PM    (permalink
CC
Veteran

CC hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.CC hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Wanted this guy badly for Michigan. Nice get.
Zach Martin and Chris Watt as well. If we didn't recover with Schofield and Lewan (and hopefully Quinton Washington) we would be reeling from the losses we took to ND on the offensive line.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:58 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Heres my final 9 for Miami at this point:

TE- Ray Ray Armstrong, Sanford (FL) Seminole 4*
OL- Jared Wheeler, Plantation (FL) Amercan Heritage 3*
OL- Malcolm Bunche, Newark (DE) Newark 3*
OL- Jermaine Johnson, Chatham (VA) Hargrave Military 5*
DE- Dyron Dye, Sanford (FL) Seminole 4*
CB- Demontre Hurst, Lancaster, (TX) Lancaster 3*
LB- Greg King, Memphis (TN) Melrose 3*

Plus 1 of:
WR- Rueben Randle, Bastrop (LA) Bastrop 5*
WR- Andre Debose, Sanford (FL) Seminole 5*

And 1 of:
OT- Andrew Tiller, Garden City (NY) Nassau CC 3*
OT- Sheldon Richardson, St. Louis (MO) Gateway 5*

Very confident on the 1st 6 listed. Not so much on King. However, I know we are looking for another LB and he seems be most likely option.

Feel good about getting 2 of Randle, Debose, Tiller and Richardson with me leaning towards Debose and Tiller at this point. But those seem to switch daily.
Old 12-19-2008, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are Tiller and Bunche both down to Miami and Rutgers right now?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 03:46 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Minnesota's recruiting class is beginning to take shape. I've heard "experts" from scouts and rivals predict that Brewster has a few big moves up his sleeve, but I'm not sure who that would be other than McNeal, Paige, and Leon.

Here are guys that have already committed:

QB: Moses Alipate (MN)
RB: Hasan Lipscomb (TX)
WR: Hayo Carpenter (CA), Bryant Allen (MO), Victor Keise (FL)
TE: Ra'shede Hageman (MN)
OL: Josh Champion (MN), Brooks Olsen (IN), Ed Olsen (MN), Jeff Willis (PA)
DE: Matt Garin (MN), Nick Rengel (MN)
DT: Joey Searcy (TX)
DB: Kerry Lewis (TX), Kenny Watkins (MI)
ATH: Kendell Gregory-McGhee (CO)
K: Dan Oreske

That's 17 total, plus Kevin Whaley, Sam Maresh, and Marquies Gray from last year, making it 20.

I'll confidently predict we get the following 6 players:
DT: Roy Philon (KY)
S/OLB: Anthony Leon (CA)
CB: Taikwon Paige (FL), Taj Johnson (CA), Turmour Battle (CO)
WR: Kris Lott (TX)

I'd like to think we'll get Bryce McNeal, but he keeps adding schools to his list, and has said in the past that he'd like to live in a different state for a while (which is perfectly understandable). There are probably 5 very legit options for McNeal. Michael Carter would be really nice too, but I think he's more likely to stay at Florida or go to West Virginia.

26 commits would put us about 5-6 over the top, but these things usually find a way of working themselves out.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 12-19-2008 at 04:03 PM.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 04:47 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Are Tiller and Bunche both down to Miami and Rutgers right now?
Tiller is between the two but I think hes more of a backup to some of our other OT targets.

Weve been hearing Bunche is deciding between the Canes and Miami. lol.

He was considered a Miami lean even when he was commited to Rutgers.

Last edited by JoeyJr09 : 12-19-2008 at 05:29 PM.
Old 12-19-2008, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
Tiller is between the two but I think hes more of a backup to some of our other OT targets.

Weve been hearing Bunche is deciding between the Canes and Miami. lol.

He was considered a Miami lan een when he was commited to Rutgers.
I knew he was pretty much off Rutgers but I was still hoping he would come. Looks like we might get Aboushi anyway.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 05:30 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Yea Bunche should commit to us within a few weeks. He's just building suspense.

We should find out on Tiller soon tho. He's enrolling in Jan. I heard he's got 3 years of eligibility left tho. You hear anything about that?
Old 12-19-2008, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Jonny
Veteran

Jonny is a cocksman.Jonny is a cocksman.Jonny is a cocksman.

He's not enrolling in January. Redshirted this year due to injury.

I've heard Bunche is 50/50 but we'll see.
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote