Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

View Poll Results: Who will be the biggest 'breakout player' for the Falcons this season?
Chris Redman, QB 1 3.85%
Michael Turner, RB 5 19.23%
Laurent Robinson, WR 2 7.69%
Michael Jenkins, WR 0 0%
Justin Blalock, OG 2 7.69%
Jamaal Anderson, DE 10 38.46%
Jonathan Babineaux, DT 2 7.69%
Chris Houston, CB 2 7.69%
Stephen Nicholas, OLB 1 3.85%
Other 1 3.85%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-10-2008, 06:55 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Breakout Player

Who will it be? Rookies do not count.

Next Up: 2012

Last edited by BamaFalcon59 : 05-10-2008 at 06:57 PM.
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 06:59 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to go outside the box and say Stephen Nicholas. Good size, good athlete, very productive in college. I am somewhat hoping Brooking is released so that he can get a chance.

I think Michael Turner will go for over 1,200 rushing yards as well.

Old 05-10-2008, 06:59 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

I think that all 3 top players from last years draft are going to break out.

Houston, Anderson and Blalock
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 07:00 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
I think that all 3 top players from last years draft are going to break out.

Houston, Anderson and Blalock
I sure hope so.

Old 05-10-2008, 07:03 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

I think Turner will have a breakout type of season. i think he will get around 1000- 1200 yards and 6-8 TD's. Norwood will get about 600-800 yards and 4-8 TD's
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 07:39 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i dont like our o-line in the run game. baker's known for his pass protection and isnt a mauler in the trenches and the rest of our line has been in ZBS and they arent at ideal 'power running' size imo. hope i'm wrong!
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 08:20 PM    (permalink
kiranadwaney
Rookie

kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have to say michael turner, the run game is going to be so important to us this year in order to help out matt ryan when he gets the starting job. i think turner and norwood are the perfect dual back combo and i can see turner going well over 1000 yards this year
Old 05-10-2008, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a great poll Bama. I chose Jamaal Anderson, i want him to have a break out season. It's all about putting pressure to the QB and stopping he run. I sure hope he proves what he's made of.
Also i got Chris Houston and Laurent Robinson in there as well for a break out season.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 09:37 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

The big glaze is getting some love with half of the votes thus far.

Old 05-10-2008, 09:39 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
The big glaze is getting some love with half of the votes thus far.

I pray that it is cupcake boy. I'm not sure however. Dorsey would have been a HUGE help. Still wish we went in that direction.
Old 05-10-2008, 09:41 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I pray that it is cupcake boy. I'm not sure however. Dorsey would have been a HUGE help. Still wish we went in that direction.
I hope he does, but I'm going off of what my gut is telling me and what I saw last year. I think he and Blalock start to hit, if they do, in year three or four. Chris Houston needs to improve this year.

Old 05-10-2008, 09:49 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think a lot of people are voting for who they WANT to be the breakout player. with good coaching and a year of experience under his belt and maybe better fitness, jamaal will be our breakout player but i really think robinson will be a gem this season. i think secondaries will focus on white and robinson should be able to be open in the middle of the field or deep with a single corner on him. i think he can be a physical receiver if he bulks up with his frame.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 09:53 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
i think a lot of people are voting for who they WANT to be the breakout player. with good coaching and a year of experience under his belt and maybe better fitness, jamaal will be our breakout player but i really think robinson will be a gem this season. i think secondaries will focus on white and robinson should be able to be open in the middle of the field or deep with a single corner on him. i think he can be a physical receiver if he bulks up with his frame.
Pot, meet kettle. Lol.

Old 05-10-2008, 09:53 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I hope he does, but I'm going off of what my gut is telling me and what I saw last year. I think he and Blalock start to hit, if they do, in year three or four. Chris Houston needs to improve this year.

Blalock has it. I saw a lot from him last year, even though all around he was average. I've seen everything I need to see. It's just a matter of making it work. Chris Houston is similar as we saw the tackling, athletic ability, and for a decent part of the time very solid coverage. He needed that year under his belt, and needed to work on ball recognition. Jamaal left a very meh taste in my mouth. He just looked completely different then he did at Arkansas.
Old 05-10-2008, 09:55 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Blalock has it. I saw a lot from him last year, even though all around he was average. I've seen everything I need to see. It's just a matter of making it work. Chris Houston is similar as we saw the tackling, athletic ability, and for a decent part of the time very solid coverage. He needed that year under his belt, and needed to work on ball recognition. Jamaal left a very meh taste in my mouth. He just looked completely different then he did at Arkansas.
Houston's problem last year was finding the ball while it is in the air. And that is a very big problem. People have a tendency to dislike cornerbacks who are not great tacklers, but I'll take a bad tackler at cornerback anyday of the week when compared to a cornerback who can not get his hands on the ball.

Old 05-10-2008, 10:06 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Houston's problem last year was finding the ball while it is in the air. And that is a very big problem. People have a tendency to dislike cornerbacks who are not great tacklers, but I'll take a bad tackler at cornerback anyday of the week when compared to a cornerback who can not get his hands on the ball.
Bingo. I think it will be different this year though. Hopefully... it would certainly lessen the blow of losing Hall. Houston got a TON of practice last year, so we shall see.
Old 05-10-2008, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Justin Blalock should and needs to be a pro-bowl caliber player, so he is my pick.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 12:09 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Justin Blalock should and needs to be a pro-bowl caliber player, so he is my pick.
If anyone could be a probowler on the team, it's him.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 04:57 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

I voted for Jamaal Anderson.

I've said this many times, but it bears repeating in this context.

We knew he was going to be raw. He was raw. And still, he was solid in the run game, even if he was a non-factor in the pass game.

He's got all of the physical tools, and he's a well grounded, hard working kid. When you get those two together, there is no reason why he shouldn't succeed.

With quality coaching, an extra year of adjustment and physical development, Anderson should be ready to be a difference maker.

Blalock would be my other pick, but I doubt that he gets noticed as breaking out. There's no reason why Blalock shouldn't be a dominant player. Again, he has all the physical tools, and he is also very smart and hard working.
Old 05-11-2008, 06:22 AM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

i voted for Chris Houston, physically and mentally he has everything needed to be a top CB in this league. IMO he has more upside, with his strength(could be Dhall+the physicallity of a safety), than Deangello.

Laurent Robinson is another guy i like and expect big things out of.
Old 05-11-2008, 08:20 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftMichaelHuff View Post
i voted for Chris Houston, physically and mentally he has everything needed to be a top CB in this league. IMO he has more upside, with his strength(could be Dhall+the physicallity of a safety), than Deangello.

Laurent Robinson is another guy i like and expect big things out of.
Chris Houston is never going to have DeAngelo's ball skills.

Old 05-11-2008, 08:27 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted for Babineaux. He really impresses me at times. Hopefully he can keep his motor going all season long.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 08:33 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
I voted for Babineaux. He really impresses me at times. Hopefully he can keep his motor going all season long.
I agree. He gets push in the pocket and disrupts the backfield a lot, mainly against the run. He gets pushed back at times, but he makes his fair share of plays. He chases down screens from behind and tosses as well. 23 of his 45 tackles were at or behind the line of scrimmage, that is great. Against Arizona he dominated, he had eight tackles at or behind the line of scrimmage, a pass deflection, and just disrupted the game. That is when I became a huge fan of his.

In comparison, according to ESPN Jamaal Anderson had no tackles at or behind the line of scrimmage if I'm reading it right. I know he had no tackles for loss, but at the LOS? That sounds odd.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/player...?playerId=8473

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/player...e?statsId=8262

The way I understand things STFY is tackles at or behind the LOS, and STF is behind the LOS.

Last edited by BamaFalcon59 : 05-11-2008 at 08:35 AM.
Old 05-11-2008, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If given the chance possibly Jimmy Williams. Didn't see the option for him.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 02:35 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft King View Post
If given the chance possibly Jimmy Williams. Didn't see the option for him.
That would be the 'other' option. The only way he starts is if he moves back to cornerback or if Lawyer is released.