Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football > Recruiting

Recruiting Discuss High School Recruiting

Old 05-11-2008, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 5 Recruits...

If you could pick any five recruits to commit to your school (other than those who are already committed), who would they be?

For Michigan...

DE Devon Kennard
LB Vontaze Burfict
S Craig Loston
WR Marlon Brown
OT Morgan Moses.

Logic...We need DEs and OTs badly, so that's where Kennard and Moses come from. Burfict is a stud MLB who can absolutely kill LBs. Loston should be in the running for #1 overall prospect. Great range, speed, and hitting ability. And Marlon Brown is a superb fit for Michigan's offense. A great YAC guy.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 10:03 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

DE- Devon Kennard
DT- JaMarkus McFarland
S- Craig Loston
LB- Vontaze Burfict
WR- Andre DeBose

The only reasoning I have here is that they're all incredible players. Burfict would fill a huge need for us (we need linebackers badly), but thats really the only "need" pick I'd have.

I love Andre DeBose..very explosive guy and hes a really fluid athlete. I've got Reuben Randle ahead of him on my list but I really feel like DeBose is a bigger longshot so I put him.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Hwoarang
Veteran

Hwoarang is a cocksman.Hwoarang is a cocksman.Hwoarang is a cocksman.

Great topic man. For this class no?

Either way mine are, for LSU.

Jamarkus McFarland-DT
Rueben Randle-WR
Chris Davenport-DT
Craig Loston-S
John Martinez-OL
Hwoarang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 10:07 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ot morgan moses
lb jarod askew
lb jelani jenkins
cb/s corey brown
rb tavon austin

if we could get moses and askew that would be awesome

we already have a great qb (boyd), wr (heastie, long, mcdaniel whos transferring and is gonna sit out this year), rb (porzel), lb (vakahali, busick), and the perfect dt for our scheme (davenport)

just need a beast tackle to protect boyd

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 10:08 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

Martinez would be nice.
Old 05-11-2008, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Hwoarang
Veteran

BTW Sniper i figured you guys would want a dual threat QB?
Old 05-11-2008, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwoarang View Post
BTW Sniper i figured you guys would want a dual threat QB?
We have 2 committed already. Kevin Newsome (4*Rivals/5*Scout) and Shavodrick Beaver (3*Rivals/4*Scout)
Old 05-11-2008, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Hwoarang
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
We have 2 committed already. Kevin Newsome (4*Rivals/5*Scout) and Shavodrick Beaver (3*Rivals/4*Scout)
Ahh ok, I asked because Kevin Newsome is listed as a pro style QB. IDK I guess I thought Russell Sheppard would have been on the top of your list.
Old 05-11-2008, 10:19 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

newsome did not look that great in the elite 11 video i saw

cred 2 BoneKrusher
Old 05-12-2008, 01:53 AM    (permalink
504 to ATL
Veteran

504 to ATL 504 to ATL 504 to ATL 504 to ATL

Quote:
Great topic man. For this class no?

Either way mine are, for LSU.

Jamarkus McFarland-DT
Rueben Randle-WR
Chris Davenport-DT
Craig Loston-S
John Martinez-OL
those guys may all commit to the Tigers anyway. The tigers lead for everyone but Loston, and most people think he will eventually back out of his commitment.
504 to ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 02:43 AM    (permalink
RedLionAle
Rookie

RedLionAle hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

For Ohio State...

1. Jaamal Berry
2. Marlon Brown
3. Carlos Hyde
4. Corey Adams
5. Jelani Jenkins

Hyde and Berry would definitely help with RB depth with both Wells leaving after this year, Adams is a great player and it's always good to have another body to plug into the DL rotation, and Brown and Jenkins are just fantastic players who've shown some interest in tOSU.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:04 AM    (permalink
Axl Rose
Rookie

Axl Rose is a cocksman.Axl Rose is a cocksman.Axl Rose is a cocksman.Axl Rose is a cocksman.Axl Rose is a cocksman.

ND

-Xavier Nixon
-Eric Shrive
-Manti Te'o
-Craig Roh
-Chris Watt
Old 05-12-2008, 05:29 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Ahh ok, I asked because Kevin Newsome is listed as a pro style QB. IDK I guess I thought Russell Sheppard would have been on the top of your list.
He was, but he's an LSU commit.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:40 AM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

For Miami:

Ruben Randle, WR
Nick Alajajian, OL
Orson Charles, TE
Gabe Lynn, CB
Xavier Nixon, OL
Old 05-12-2008, 10:06 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jelani Jenkins, Russel Sheppard, Dre Kirkpatrick, JaMarkus McFarland, Craig Loston.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:52 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilk103 View Post
newsome did not look that great in the elite 11 video i saw
He has a sore arm, so I wouldn't put too much stock into his "average" performance.

Hmmm... Five guys for Michigan? I'll just do uncommitted guys.

OT Xavier Nixon
OG Chris Watt
DE Devon Kennard
LB Jelani Jenkins
S Devonte Holloman
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 02:27 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

idk, every where i read said he wasnt accurate, and could switch positions at the next level

cred 2 BoneKrusher
Old 05-12-2008, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
idk, every where i read said he wasnt accurate, and could switch positions at the next level
If he were on your team, youd be doing backflips about having him and would probably be touting him in this top 5 list. He is one of the 5 best QB recruits in this class. He'll be fine.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
If he were on your team, youd be doing backflips about having him and would probably be touting him in this top 5 list. He is one of the 5 best QB recruits in this class. He'll be fine.
Yeah I don't take anything kwilk says about Michigan seriously.
Old 05-12-2008, 03:15 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The whole Newsome moving positions was from ESPN. Tom Hauck said that if Newsome and Dorian Bell stood next to each other, you'd think that Newsome is the linebacker and not Bell.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Gchu83
Rookie

Gchu83 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Gchu83 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Texas:

JaMarcus McFarland
Devon Kennard
Dre Kirkpatrick
Russell Shepherd
Trent Richardson
Gchu83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 04:14 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post

i think we got the better qb in boyd

prob goin to elite 11 and 70% completion

and the wr at the camp and the psu guy that covered the event felt boyd was the best and should have been the mvp

anyways, boyd was our coaches #1 qb and overall prospect on our recruiting board

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Last edited by kwilk103 : 05-12-2008 at 04:16 PM.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:17 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 504 to ATL View Post
those guys may all commit to the Tigers anyway. The tigers lead for everyone but Loston, and most people think he will eventually back out of his commitment.
Have I missed something about Martinez?

I heard Xavier Sua Filo has us on top of his list, but I haven't heard that from Martinez.
Old 05-12-2008, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:

70% completion isn't always what it's cracked up to be. Pat White completed nearly 67% of his passes but as you know a lot of them were screens.
Old 05-12-2008, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
i think we got the better qb in boyd

and the wr at the camp and the psu guy that covered the event felt boyd was the best and should have been the mvp

anyways, boyd was our coaches #1 qb and overall prospect on our recruiting board
And of course you feel you got the #1 QB. If Michigan had gotten Matt Barkley and you got Boyd, you'd still be saying you got the best QB out there. You're an unabashed Michigan hater/WVU homer. Newsome is very highly regarded, much moreso than Boyd, but of course in your mind WVU got the best guy out there.