Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 02-27-2007, 07:14 PM    (permalink
mtmock
Rookie

mtmock needs more cowbell.
Default Brandon Meriweather...

I think has top notch cover skills...and is very physical...but do you think we draft him despite him attitude?

Dallas Cowboys 07-08 Superbowl CHAMPS!
mtmock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 07:17 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not at 22.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trade down to get some more picks, and then pick him. I am no opposed to that at all.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Trade down to get some more picks, and then pick him. I am no opposed to that at all.
That's the route I would take too. Merriwether will be there in the 25-32 range. I wouldn't drop any further than that.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 08:54 PM    (permalink
mtmock
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poet3334 View Post
That's the route I would take too. Merriwether will be there in the 25-32 range. I wouldn't drop any further than that.
Whatif the scenario was the raiders with the #1 in r.2 wanted to trade with us to try to grab like a Dwayne Bowe or jarrett and we get the #1 second round i wouldn't be opposed to that...what do you guys think? :) ?

Old 02-27-2007, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I lost a ton of respect for Meriweather during the brawl with FIU. I don't really want him as a distraction when we have enough as it is, although I respect the talent he has.
Old 02-28-2007, 03:25 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meriweather at 22 is not farfetched at all... honestly we wouldnt need to move. His stock is rising as I'm typing this.

Something interesting... He is an exceptional nickel corner... He could be helpful in many ways, I'm sure Wade could find a plethera of ways in using him.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 04:38 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see Meriweather as a top 25 pick. He did nothing to rise his stock at the combine...he is right on the 1st round/2nd round boarder for me. His character issues are still factored in.

MT...not gonna happen...why would a team in need of a whole new offense trade up and lose picks to land one player. It has to be a team with just a few needs that would move up to take a player to take them to the next level.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 02-28-2007, 05:08 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When all is said and done, I will surprised if he is drafted in the first 2 rounds.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 05:19 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
When all is said and done, I will surprised if he is drafted in the first 2 rounds.
Hey at this point who knows. He obviously has 1st round talent, behind Landry he's the best IMO. He's more complete than say a Nelson and his cover skills are exceptional. He performed well yesterday, some team may love this guy. He's had the off the field issues and the on the field but, those pale in comparison to say those issues Pacman had coming into the draft. I think he goes first round, if not early 2nd most definitely, IMO.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 02:50 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If we really want this FS/CB Tweener, trade down into early second. He will be there and he will be very good -- as long as he does not get arrested at night clubs throwing around bling bling.

In fact, I believe three low-mid to late second rounders this year is better than the current 1/2 we have.

Last edited by robert_in_bigd : 02-28-2007 at 02:53 PM.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 03:23 PM    (permalink
nrcirc
Veteran

nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I believe Eric Weddle is better pick than him. He can do FS, SS, CB, and PR.
nrcirc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 04:23 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

John Wendling > Eric Weddle

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 02-28-2007, 05:48 PM    (permalink
mtmock
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
I don't see Meriweather as a top 25 pick. He did nothing to rise his stock at the combine...he is right on the 1st round/2nd round boarder for me. His character issues are still factored in.

MT...not gonna happen...why would a team in need of a whole new offense trade up and lose picks to land one player. It has to be a team with just a few needs that would move up to take a player to take them to the next level.
hey take it easy i cleared said what if as in an example of trading into early second...never said yea lets trade with oakland that sounds great...if a team with a top 10 r.2 pick offers us more picks for our 22 i'd definately do it...and it would be hard for jerry to turn it down unless a top notch DB falls to 22...early r.2 think of the possibilities possibly meriweather, weddle, wendling, Gonzo, Hill, OL, possibly rouse or others...just as EXAMPLES of players who might be there...i am NOT saying i want any of them more than the other

Old 02-28-2007, 05:59 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmock View Post
hey take it easy i cleared said what if as in an example of trading into early second...never said yea lets trade with oakland that sounds great...if a team with a top 10 r.2 pick offers us more picks for our 22 i'd definately do it...and it would be hard for jerry to turn it down unless a top notch DB falls to 22...early r.2 think of the possibilities possibly meriweather, weddle, wendling, Gonzo, Hill, OL, possibly rouse or others...just as EXAMPLES of players who might be there...i am NOT saying i want any of them more than the other
I'm saying teams don't tend to trade up unless they only need one playmaker to make them a contender. Teams with multiple needs don't tend to trade up for obvious reason. So when using examples...try to site something that is somewhat believable.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 02-28-2007, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
John Wendling > Eric Weddle
Ahhh, yeah John Wendling. His measurables are off the freaking charts. What's your opinion on where he goes Thule? I'm thinking late 2nd.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 06:54 PM    (permalink
mtmock
Rookie

Quote:
I'm saying teams don't tend to trade up unless they only need one playmaker to make them a contender. Teams with multiple needs don't tend to trade up for obvious reason. So when using examples...try to site something that is somewhat believable.
ok then...bills last year, with the cowboys a couple years back...san fransico in 04, detroit lions to get kevin jones...atlanta to get jenkins a couple years ago...all of them gave up early 2nd round picks to get late r.1 picks...so yes they do trade up when they see a playmaker they want despite their needs...and this is just in the last couple of years :)

Old 02-28-2007, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a big fan of Merriweather. I like the idea of trading down 6-8 spots and grabbing him with an additional 3rd rounder thrown in there.
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 01:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll bet anything the Cowboys won't draft him. Anything!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote