Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Miami Dolphins Team Forum

Miami Dolphins Team Forum Discuss the 'Phins

Old 02-27-2007, 08:58 PM    (permalink
miamichamp_305
Rookie

miamichamp_305 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Free Agent targets

Who would you personally like to see the Phins land?

I would love to see Dielman and/or Steinbach here, Steinbach could probably play LT. Besides that, Thomas would be good but we won't have the money for him. So, it looks like those would be my only 2 main targets. Also, some young guys like Orr, Foley, etc.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Marino13
Veteran

Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've read that we're targeting Dielman and Ovie Mugheli (Raven's FB) other than that all I've heard is that Donte Stallworth has expressed some interest in playing for Miami.
Marino13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 09:34 PM    (permalink
miamichamp_305
Rookie

I heard the same about Stallworth, but where did you here about Mugheli? I would love him at FB, we need a youngish guy like him.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:41 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we could bring in Dielman, Orr, and Stallworth I would be ecstatic.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im not a big fan of stallworth but dielman and orr sound great to me.

i dont know much about mughelli but i think we need a big blocking back a la lorenzo neal so if thats what he is im all for him.

i also like antwan peek as a DE/OLB type of guy. he played under capers in houston and had his best year(6 sacks) in his third year/capers last year as HC.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:00 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently Cameron also recruited and coached Dielman at Indiana, and got the Chargers GM to sign him as an UDFA. I don't see how he doesn't come to Miami.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 02-28-2007, 11:30 AM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

Dolphins | Offensive guard a likely target in free agency
Wed, 28 Feb 2007 09:20:12 -0800

Alex Marvez, of the Sun-Sentinel, reports the Miami Dolphins will likely pursue offensive guards in free agency.
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 11:44 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Dielman, Steinbeck and Derrick Dockery are the three "premier" OGs available. Come on Dielman!

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 02-28-2007, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Apparently Cameron also recruited and coached Dielman at Indiana, and got the Chargers GM to sign him as an UDFA. I don't see how he doesn't come to Miami.
i saw that too. if he signs anywhere other than SD or Miami, it will be a HUGE disappointment and extremely shocking.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-01-2007, 12:07 AM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

Heres the news you want to hear Draftguru...

Dolphins | Team targets Dielman
Wed, 28 Feb 2007 17:59:07 -0800

Edgar Thomson, of the Palm Beach Post, reports one of the Miami Dolphins' primary free agent targets this offseason is San Diego Chargers OG Kris Dielman.

Dolphins | Team targets Steinbach
Wed, 28 Feb 2007 17:52:40 -0800

Edgar Thomson, of the Palm Beach Post, reports one of the Miami Dolphins' primary free agent targets this offseason is Cincinnati Bengals OG Eric Steinbach.

You can have Dielman and well take Steinbach, or vis versa lol....
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 07:43 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Fantastic. Come on Dielman!

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 03-01-2007, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Quote:
Fantastic. Come on Dielman!
amen to that my brother.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-01-2007, 03:01 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Joey Porter is likely to be released. I wonder if we would have any interest in him.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 03-01-2007, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Athrun340
Rookie

Athrun340 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i heard well be targetiung the underachiever napoleon harris
Old 03-01-2007, 03:08 PM    (permalink
miamichamp_305
Rookie

He has already been cut. I would love him here in Miami. If we can't get Thomas, Porter is the next best 3-4 LB.

And I would love to add Dielman and Thomas/Porter, that would be a good offseason.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:07 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

I would like to bring Harris in. He has always had the physical skills but constantly changing schemes and positions has really hurt his mental development. I think he could be a good SLB and if nothing else he would be good depth at both ILB and OLB.

I'm not really interested in Thomas. He is relatively old and will cost a good amount. I'd much rather sign a discount SLB. I really don't want to give up a lot of money for a 2 down player.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 03-01-2007, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

eh...i still think Orr is the best option for us at OLB.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-01-2007, 04:35 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

I do too, I'd like to bring in both Orr and Harris if Harris comes cheap.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 03-01-2007, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Marino13
Veteran

Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Joey Porter is likely to be released. I wonder if we would have any interest in him.
according to Michael Smith we have interest in Adalius Thomas BUT that with Porter being released you could see us go after him because of the connection with Dom Capers.

I wouldn't be againt bringing in Napolean Harris. IMO he could turn out like Vonnie Holliday did for us; an unspectacular player for most of his career, but becomes a very important part to our defense.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:10 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

I'd much rather us shell out the money for Dielman that Thomas.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 03-01-2007, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

what connection does porter have with capers??

but yea id rather spend the money on dielman/steinbach.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-01-2007, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marino13 View Post
according to Michael Smith we have interest in Adalius Thomas BUT that with Porter being released you could see us go after him because of the connection with Dom Capers.

I wouldn't be againt bringing in Napolean Harris. IMO he could turn out like Vonnie Holliday did for us; an unspectacular player for most of his career, but becomes a very important part to our defense.
actually i just looked it up, porter never played for capers. capers was gone from the steelers and was actually working as an assistant for the jaguars when porter was drafted by pittsburgh. capers went from the jags to houstons HC job right into our DC job...

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-01-2007, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Marino13
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
actually i just looked it up, porter never played for capers. capers was gone from the steelers and was actually working as an assistant for the jaguars when porter was drafted by pittsburgh. capers went from the jags to houstons HC job right into our DC job...
I'm just 2nd hand info, and repeating what was said.
Old 03-01-2007, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

yea i know...i wasnt trying to bash you cause i saw that michael smith said it. i just find it kinda funny that a sports journalist would say something like that even though its not true...and living in PA i follow the steelers and eagles too so i was completely confused on that statement so i did some research...something journalists really should try sometime.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-01-2007, 09:46 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

http://www.dailymotion.com/marcuspow...w-punks-porter

lol Porter.

There are too many questions about him IMO. Between his age, his mouth and the money he was cost I just don't think it would be worth it. I think he would be a good fit in the defense, but I still don't think it would be worth it. I really don't think we need a premier player at SLB.

<njx9> <3 dg