Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-19-2008, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was a fan of Thurman's playing style as a rookie, so it's a shame his career has turned out like it has to date. Hopefully he gets another chance with a team and makes something of it.
Old 05-19-2008, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Eagles own the NFC East
Veteran

Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.

Wow ****** luck for the Bengals 05 1st day. David Pollack, Odell Thurman, and Chris Henry. Pollack had a career ending injury and Thurman and Henry had their issues off the field.
Old 05-19-2008, 05:48 PM    (permalink
AkiliSmith
Veteran

AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
then there is a long list of players that need cutting in Cini if thats their reason.
Not true. 95% of the problems were from Henry and Thurman, and now they are gone.
AkiliSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 05:51 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
then there is a long list of players that need cutting in Cini if thats their reason.
Go ahead and name those players that are left that need to be cut then... Basically all of them are gone.

I have no idea why they made the move. If you don't want him because of the past, why not do this way earlier? I really really hope it's something more than missing voluntaries. I had heard he was way out of shape but that was several months ago and recently I thought he was getting there.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 06:07 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
as opposed to untrustworthy guys like Thurman and Ahmad Brooks.
Ever since Ahmad has been here he has been a model citizen and player. By all accounts he watches a ton of film and has really been working towards becoming a leader on this team. I refuse to think otherwise unless this accusation turns out to be true.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 06:17 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
Ever since Ahmad has been here he has been a model citizen and player. By all accounts he watches a ton of film and has really been working towards becoming a leader on this team. I refuse to think otherwise unless this accusation turns out to be true.
Guilty until proven innocent...
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My bad then, I wasn't aware Brooks was that dedicated. I'm glad to hear that's the case actually.
Old 05-19-2008, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brooks has had no negative marks on him since being with us. The "charges" against him were disproved or thrown away as crap. Bengals players are easy targets. Its just what happens.
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Dreamers

Ahmad Brooks has been injured a lot and done nothing on the field. Combined with his potential off-field trouble and his dumbness on the field then he should be worried. It wouldn't surprise me if he is sent packing on cutdown day.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You cant really complain about his "dumbness" because he hasnt had any significant playing time to get a true feel for it. If he gets cut, its because of injuries
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 11:11 PM    (permalink
AkiliSmith
Veteran

AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
Ahmad Brooks has been injured a lot and done nothing on the field. Combined with his potential off-field trouble and his dumbness on the field then he should be worried. It wouldn't surprise me if he is sent packing on cutdown day.
He won't be cut. Someone I know talked to a player who said the coaching staff believed he would have been a star last season if he were not injured. His injuries are pretty minor and not chronic, so it shouldn't be a problem.
AkiliSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 11:14 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well that's no good. I wonder if he'll get a look, and if he does, will he stick?

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Wow, another Troy Williamson situation?
That's what I was thinking when I read the article. Is the funeral and family thing the reason he was cut? I didn't hear any other reason behind the release.

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 06:32 AM    (permalink
Dreamers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
You cant really complain about his "dumbness" because he hasnt had any significant playing time to get a true feel for it. If he gets cut, its because of injuries
I saw enough of him in college. He has million dollar athleticism with a 10 cent brain.
Old 05-20-2008, 12:31 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you don't have to have much of a brain to play football so I'll take it.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 12:36 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
you don't have to have much of a brain to play football so I'll take it.
May not have to be street smart, or life smart, but when it comes to football you better have the ability to memorize and process information. If you can't do that, then playing at this level is pretty damn hard.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 01:27 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How is Brooks doing? He was supposed to be the next "guy" at LB, but i haven't heard any noise from him since he came to the NFL.

Is he in shape? Is he fast? someone break him down for me.
Old 05-20-2008, 02:36 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw on ESPN that Thurman had 148 tackles his rookie year? That's beastly.

Someone will sign him pretty soon. Hopefully he can play like he used to, i think he got the shaft last year by getting suspended again.
Old 05-20-2008, 03:02 PM    (permalink
IndyColtScout
Veteran

IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I saw on ESPN that Thurman had 148 tackles his rookie year? That's beastly.

Someone will sign him pretty soon. Hopefully he can play like he used to, i think he got the shaft last year by getting suspended again.
DEN or DET would be smart to try and sign Thurman. He could potentially complete both teams LB group. Bailey/Williams/Thurman or Sims/Dizon/Thurman. He could help both teams. Maybe even OAK... Howard/Morrison/Thurman would be good.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:54 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Looks like he violated the substance abuse program

Not good for his career.

Quote:
SI.com's Jim Trotter reports ex-Bengals LB Odell Thurman has violated the NFL's substance abuse policy again and faces an indefinite suspension.

Thurman missed the past two seasons due to suspensions tied to drug abuse. If Trotter's report is true, it's doubtful we'll see Thurman in the league again. This is likely why the troubled 24-year-old wasn't claimed on waivers.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...est/index.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Welcome in the CFL woooo!!!!

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 07:02 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Lol wow, and people are making a deal out of Adam Jones only getting one year of suspension. At least Jones has tried to change his reputation and try to make a new man out of himself. Good luck to Thurman in the CFL.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Epic fail confirmed.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:28 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sad...Just another case of talent gone down the drain...But again, this was well documented about him and character issues before he was drafted, thats what made Lofa Totupa get drafted ahead of him.

Is his problem drinking or drugs? Either way if you cost yourself millions over it you have a serious problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 07:33 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Is his problem drinking or drugs? Either way if you cost yourself millions over it you have a serious problem.
Alcohol falls into the substance abuse policy, along with drugs, so the first few times it was the DUI and stuff, then i guess he missed a drug test or two, then failed one. I don't know, but they all go together.