Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2008, 07:02 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Aboard Serenity
Posts: 6,329
Reputation: 287529
themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
How is Brooks doing? He was supposed to be the next "guy" at LB, but i haven't heard any noise from him since he came to the NFL.

Is he in shape? Is he fast? someone break him down for me.
He played in the opening game last year and was a monster. Hes pretty dumb but the athletic ability is definitely there. They moved him to SLB this season and hes currently trying to get over the groin injury that kept him off the field all year. When he gets healthy and learns this new defense he should be a terror. Wouldn't be surprised if he's used as a pass rusher for the most part this season.
__________________

^A Bonekrusher production^
#15
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 11:54 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 6,171
Reputation: 223916
Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Brooks looks like he could be a stud I am just hoping for the Bengals sake that maybe they won't have to go through 6 7 linebackers again
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 11:56 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Aboard Serenity
Posts: 6,329
Reputation: 287529
themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

He has also been playing some defensive end during the OTAs. I could see them using Rashad Jeanty on 1st/2nd down then bringin in Ahmad on third downs for the time being.
__________________

^A Bonekrusher production^
#15
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 12:06 AM    (permalink
toddmlazarchick
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 948
Reputation: -2148
toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Lol wow, and people are making a deal out of Adam Jones only getting one year of suspension. At least Jones has tried to change his reputation and try to make a new man out of himself. Good luck to Thurman in the CFL.
dear god you would make OJ Simpson look like a saint....you are a joke! The cause of Pac-man's actions left a man paralyzed for the rest of his life, but thats alright on the Cowboys front, pathetic!
__________________

2011 FA: FS - OJ Atogwe
2011 Draft Picks: Ryan Kerrigan-OLB-Purdue, Jarvis Jenkins-DE-Clemson, Leonard Hankerson-WR-Miami, Roy Helu-RB-Nebraska, DeJon Gomes-CB/S-Nebraska, Niles Paul-WR-Nebraska, Evan Royster-RB-Penn State, Aldrick Robinson-WR-SMU, Brandyn Thompson-CB-Boise State, Maurice Hurt-OG-Florida, Markus White-OLB-Florida State, Chris Neild-NT-West Virginia
toddmlazarchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 12:21 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 20,758
Reputation: 1970779
LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddmlazarchick View Post
dear god you would make OJ Simpson look like a saint....you are a joke! The cause of Pac-man's actions left a man paralyzed for the rest of his life, but thats alright on the Cowboys front, pathetic!
You really need to let the Cowboy hate go, its old, and its the off-season...We know you hate the Cowboys and everything they do, but don't turn this thread into a Cowboys hate fest because I know its coming.
__________________





Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 03:39 AM    (permalink
toddmlazarchick
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 948
Reputation: -2148
toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
You really need to let the Cowboy hate go, its old, and its the off-season...We know you hate the Cowboys and everything they do, but don't turn this thread into a Cowboys hate fest because I know its coming.
seriously how can you even compare a player who only harms himself with a substance abuse, to a player whose actions led to another man never walking again. You dont even compare you think the person who only does harm to himself is worse then the one who has done harm to others. you are unbelievable!
__________________

2011 FA: FS - OJ Atogwe
2011 Draft Picks: Ryan Kerrigan-OLB-Purdue, Jarvis Jenkins-DE-Clemson, Leonard Hankerson-WR-Miami, Roy Helu-RB-Nebraska, DeJon Gomes-CB/S-Nebraska, Niles Paul-WR-Nebraska, Evan Royster-RB-Penn State, Aldrick Robinson-WR-SMU, Brandyn Thompson-CB-Boise State, Maurice Hurt-OG-Florida, Markus White-OLB-Florida State, Chris Neild-NT-West Virginia
toddmlazarchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 04:12 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Yurop
Posts: 11,038
Reputation: 230303
Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
You really need to let the Cowboy hate go, its old, and its the off-season...We know you hate the Cowboys and everything they do, but don't turn this thread into a Cowboys hate fest because I know its coming.
I agree he's making it a big deal, but you got to admit he does have a point when Cowboys fans start claiming that Pacman is a-ok these days. Come on a little objectivity wouldn' t hurt.
__________________

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 01:12 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,390
Reputation: 182359
StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
I agree he's making it a big deal, but you got to admit he does have a point when Cowboys fans start claiming that Pacman is a-ok these days. Come on a little objectivity wouldn' t hurt.
I am not the biggest pacman fan out there...and I believe that his suspension was not nearly long enough. However Thurman knew he was on a short leash and this was his last strike. He had already violated the league Substance abuse policy twice before. He knew he shouldnt have done it again...but he did anyway. It is his own fault for wasting his talent. Now he can go back to the construction job he had while he was suspended for two years.

If Pacman is smart, he will be a model citizen. Because he is on a short leash too.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 05:17 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: God blessed Texas
Posts: 20,979
Reputation: 3952661
MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddmlazarchick View Post
seriously how can you even compare a player who only harms himself with a substance abuse, to a player whose actions led to another man never walking again. You dont even compare you think the person who only does harm to himself is worse then the one who has done harm to others. you are unbelievable!
Oh okay, a man whose alcohol abuse doesn't harm anyone else? Really? Cause getting behind the wheel of one of the deadliest weapons known to man, while inebriated is no way to harm anyone, right?

Way to have a skewed prospective, if you don't think DUI's are as dangerous as walking around with a loaded handgun, then you are a _____. DUI's are under-penalized as it is.

And Adam Jones had no direct correlation with the Bouncer that got hurt, so why don't you chew on that for a while. Nothing was proven and there's a reason why the charges were dropped. So check your facts before you open that over-sized, under-educated yap of yours.
__________________
MetSox17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 05:29 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 20,758
Reputation: 1970779
LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
I agree he's making it a big deal, but you got to admit he does have a point when Cowboys fans start claiming that Pacman is a-ok these days. Come on a little objectivity wouldn' t hurt.
Well I don't even bring up Pacman in threads and say "well he did this, and Pacman this" because it always turns the thread into another direction, and I wasn't the one who made the reference, but to that guy it wouldn't matter, every thing he does revolves around some sort of Cowboy hate, small or little, and it just gets annoying seeing him do it 24/7 around the clock...And as far as Pacman, I don't like to compare him to other instances and I don't like when other people do it because it always leaves room for people to throw a fit but everyone forgets Leornard Little actually killed somebody, from his own actions of DUI, and was allowed to play, then since was caught with another DUI.


How much time has he missed? Or maybe it doesn't matter because the cowboys didn't sign him I don't know..Pacman is no saint, far from it, and I don't think he's "a-ok" either, he's just another guy who was given a 2nd chance from screwing up...He isn't the 1st, or last guy that its happened to though, so there is no need to make Pacman the poster boy for the issue.
__________________





Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 06:38 PM    (permalink
toddmlazarchick
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 948
Reputation: -2148
toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Oh okay, a man whose alcohol abuse doesn't harm anyone else? Really? Cause getting behind the wheel of one of the deadliest weapons known to man, while inebriated is no way to harm anyone, right?

Way to have a skewed prospective, if you don't think DUI's are as dangerous as walking around with a loaded handgun, then you are a _____. DUI's are under-penalized as it is.

And Adam Jones had no direct correlation with the Bouncer that got hurt, so why don't you chew on that for a while. Nothing was proven and there's a reason why the charges were dropped. So check your facts before you open that over-sized, under-educated yap of yours.
Did Thurman hurt anyone? NO! Did the result of Jones's actions that night cause for someone to never walk again? YES! If Thurman would have hurt someone else then it would be a completely different story. Millions of people have driven drunk before, some get caught some don't. So in your prospective those million people are just as bad as Jones right?
__________________

2011 FA: FS - OJ Atogwe
2011 Draft Picks: Ryan Kerrigan-OLB-Purdue, Jarvis Jenkins-DE-Clemson, Leonard Hankerson-WR-Miami, Roy Helu-RB-Nebraska, DeJon Gomes-CB/S-Nebraska, Niles Paul-WR-Nebraska, Evan Royster-RB-Penn State, Aldrick Robinson-WR-SMU, Brandyn Thompson-CB-Boise State, Maurice Hurt-OG-Florida, Markus White-OLB-Florida State, Chris Neild-NT-West Virginia
toddmlazarchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 06:40 PM    (permalink
toddmlazarchick
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 948
Reputation: -2148
toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Well I don't even bring up Pacman in threads and say "well he did this, and Pacman this" because it always turns the thread into another direction, and I wasn't the one who made the reference, but to that guy it wouldn't matter, every thing he does revolves around some sort of Cowboy hate, small or little, and it just gets annoying seeing him do it 24/7 around the clock...And as far as Pacman, I don't like to compare him to other instances and I don't like when other people do it because it always leaves room for people to throw a fit but everyone forgets Leornard Little actually killed somebody, from his own actions of DUI, and was allowed to play, then since was caught with another DUI.


How much time has he missed? Or maybe it doesn't matter because the cowboys didn't sign him I don't know..Pacman is no saint, far from it, and I don't think he's "a-ok" either, he's just another guy who was given a 2nd chance from screwing up...He isn't the 1st, or last guy that its happened to though, so there is no need to make Pacman the poster boy for the issue.
This topic was about Thurman but MetSox proceeded to make a comment about pac-man.
__________________

2011 FA: FS - OJ Atogwe
2011 Draft Picks: Ryan Kerrigan-OLB-Purdue, Jarvis Jenkins-DE-Clemson, Leonard Hankerson-WR-Miami, Roy Helu-RB-Nebraska, DeJon Gomes-CB/S-Nebraska, Niles Paul-WR-Nebraska, Evan Royster-RB-Penn State, Aldrick Robinson-WR-SMU, Brandyn Thompson-CB-Boise State, Maurice Hurt-OG-Florida, Markus White-OLB-Florida State, Chris Neild-NT-West Virginia
toddmlazarchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 06:56 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,390
Reputation: 182359
StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddmlazarchick View Post
Did Thurman hurt anyone? NO! Did the result of Jones's actions that night cause for someone to never walk again? YES! If Thurman would have hurt someone else then it would be a completely different story. Millions of people have driven drunk before, some get caught some don't. So in your prospective those million people are just as bad as Jones right?
A person that willingly doesnt make sure they will not be driving before they drink, and then go driving after they are intoxicated is on the same level as someone shooting a gun into a crowd. Both can have the same outcome. I really don't see how you can defend drunk driving!!!! Those millions of people that drive while intoxicated are just as bad as Jones! I love Odell Thurman as a player, but he has messed up 3 times...not once! but 3 times.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 08:05 PM    (permalink
toddmlazarchick
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 948
Reputation: -2148
toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
A person that willingly doesnt make sure they will not be driving before they drink, and then go driving after they are intoxicated is on the same level as someone shooting a gun into a crowd. Both can have the same outcome. I really don't see how you can defend drunk driving!!!! Those millions of people that drive while intoxicated are just as bad as Jones! I love Odell Thurman as a player, but he has messed up 3 times...not once! but 3 times.
im not saying drunk driving is defendable.
__________________

2011 FA: FS - OJ Atogwe
2011 Draft Picks: Ryan Kerrigan-OLB-Purdue, Jarvis Jenkins-DE-Clemson, Leonard Hankerson-WR-Miami, Roy Helu-RB-Nebraska, DeJon Gomes-CB/S-Nebraska, Niles Paul-WR-Nebraska, Evan Royster-RB-Penn State, Aldrick Robinson-WR-SMU, Brandyn Thompson-CB-Boise State, Maurice Hurt-OG-Florida, Markus White-OLB-Florida State, Chris Neild-NT-West Virginia
toddmlazarchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.