Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-02-2006, 12:01 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.
Default Comeback Year

This stems partially from the ***Nick Barnett*** thread. Favre's TD/INT in 06 was 20/29. Daunte Culpepper's was 6/12 (in 7 games). Extrapolate that over a 16 game span, and it is 13.7/27.4.

My question, with Brett coming back from his worst year, and Daunte trying to come back from a serious knee injury -- who will have the better year in 07?
Old 08-02-2006, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brett Farve.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 12:04 PM    (permalink

Daunte because he is a better QB right now and has a better supporting cast.
Old 08-02-2006, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Culpepper. Favre threw 5 picks in one practice a few days ago...wow.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 12:08 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Brett Favre, but I think it's gonna be Daunte. He's got a receiver who's a vertical threat, maybe not as good as Randy Moss, but still good. Also he has a great tight end which he has never really had in Minnesota. Chris Chambers can stretch the defense, and Culpepper is a master of the deep ball, and if they cover deep he can get them across the middle with Randy McMichael. Also he finally has a good running game to take the pressure off of him, so I don't see why he won't have a good season.
Old 08-02-2006, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Ace
Veteran

Ace needs more cowbell.

Favre is done in my mind and he's only hurting himself by playing another year. He's an INT machine and he doesn't have alot of talent around him like Culpepper does.
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06
I like Brett Favre, but I think it's gonna be Daunte. He's got a receiver who's a vertical threat, maybe not as good as Randy Moss, but still good. Also he has a great tight end which he has never really had in Minnesota. Chris Chambers can stretch the defense, and Culpepper is a master of the deep ball, and if they cover deep he can get them across the middle with Randy McMichael. Also he finally has a good running game to take the pressure off of him, so I don't see why he won't have a good season.

agreed.
Old 08-02-2006, 12:31 PM    (permalink

Ughhhhhh... Do I have to choose?

Daunte > Favre
Dolphins > Packers
Old 08-02-2006, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll take Culpepper anyday. He has a great WR in Chambers and a good TE in McMicheal. Plus Ronnie Brown in the backfield and Miami's line is better than Green Bay's. Everything looks good for Daunte to have a much better year than Farve.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 12:41 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well, the Dolphins and Packers are my 2 favorite teams, so I hope they both succeed.

I think Culpepper will do well because he has a good supporting cast, including a great deep threat and an awesome recieving tight end.

and i think Favre will do better because he really couldn't do any worse than last year.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 12:47 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe
and i think Favre will do better because he really couldn't do any worse than last year.
The way I worded it in the poll is wrong -- "the" should replace "a". I realized this right after I posted, and edited it in the post, but someone had already voted, so I couldn't fix the poll.
Old 08-02-2006, 03:24 PM    (permalink
President
Rookie

President hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Daunte Culpepper
President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to say Culpepper has the much better comeback year seeing as the talent on his offense is far greater than that of the Packers, Chambers is a great vertical threat, you can always dump it off to Randy McMichael, and Ronnie Brown is an up and coming RB in the league.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 03:43 PM    (permalink

Jon Kitna >>> Both of them.
Old 08-02-2006, 03:46 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A good year for Favre will be no concussions and the use of his motor function skills at the end of his career.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zjh75...0brett%20favre

Just for fun.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 03:59 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think they'll both have better years than last year. Daunte has more proven players around him right now, particularly on the O-Line, and Ronnie Brown is a young terror, so Daunte likely to have a better year than Favre. Daunte will have a good enough year that all those Vikings fans saying they're glad Daunte is gone will only repeat that if they want to be the modern incarnation of the fox and the sour grapes.
Old 08-02-2006, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Ace
Veteran

Ace needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermaineRace
LMAO

You obviously are a homer or you dont know **** about your QB's.
Old 08-02-2006, 04:05 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
Quote:
LMAO

Kitna actually could have a very good year and hes not a homer b/c hes a browns fan.
Old 08-02-2006, 04:07 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Daunte Cupeper has alot better offense then Farve does right now.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Daunte for this one.
Old 08-02-2006, 04:26 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804
Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe
The way I worded it in the poll is wrong -- "the" should replace "a". I realized this right after I posted, and edited it in the post, but someone had already voted, so I couldn't fix the poll.
Fixed.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 04:30 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06
Old 08-02-2006, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Ace
Veteran

Ace needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
Quote:
LMAO

Kitna actually could have a very good year and hes not a homer b/c hes a browns fan.
Well then I guess he doesn't know his QB's then. He's pretty dumb if he's gonna take a QB who had one good year over two QB's who have good years just about every year.
Old 08-02-2006, 04:32 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
Quote:
LMAO

Well then I guess he doesn't know his QB's then. He's pretty dumb if he's gonna take a QB who had one good year over two QB's who have good years just about every year.
I think Kitna will do really well in DET with Roy Williams, Mike Williams, Kevin Jones and Marcus Pollard. They should have a pretty good offense, the best in their division. He could easily put up the same numbers that Daunte does and if you knew anything about QB's you would know Kitna has had more than one good year.
Old 08-02-2006, 04:32 PM    (permalink

F A V R E