Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Miami Dolphins Team Forum

Miami Dolphins Team Forum Discuss the 'Phins

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2008, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Quagmire
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 265
Reputation: 636
Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.
Default Taylor blowing off team

Well, I am going to do a big I told you so right now. I stated on this BB numerous times before draft day that a trade needed to happen and he would be a huge distraction. That it would be addition by subtraction for a rebuilding team. Well, that time has come with the news that JT refuses to show up for any team activity and has demanded a trade. I am sure that is going to help his trade value right now. The new regime really screwed the pooch on this one. If they had been realistic in their demands, they would already have a piece or two for the future. Instead, they now have a disgruntled veteran who looks more and more like a primadonna. Like I said back in my earlier posts, he would be a distraction and it has been proven correct (much earlier than I expected). Expect him to demand to be traded to a contender with a national profile. Smells to me like Dallas is his goal, but now we will get s##t for him. Major screwup by the trifecta........
Quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 06:28 PM    (permalink
fotbll36
Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 1,347
Reputation: 10
fotbll36 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Has he mentioned any reason for why he is doing this right now? But i do agree for the most part with your statement, if we could of gotten a 2nd for him i don't know why we would not of done that it's not like we are really going to be winning any time soon and adding another good young player would of helped us in the long run.
fotbll36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 11:05 AM    (permalink
singe_101
Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 325
Reputation: 55548
singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotbll36 View Post
Has he mentioned any reason for why he is doing this right now? But i do agree for the most part with your statement, if we could of gotten a 2nd for him i don't know why we would not of done that it's not like we are really going to be winning any time soon and adding another good young player would of helped us in the long run.
He wants a ring.
__________________
DeAngelo Hall looks like James Harden.
singe_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire View Post
Well, I am going to do a big I told you so right now. I stated on this BB numerous times before draft day that a trade needed to happen and he would be a huge distraction. That it would be addition by subtraction for a rebuilding team. Well, that time has come with the news that JT refuses to show up for any team activity and has demanded a trade. I am sure that is going to help his trade value right now. The new regime really screwed the pooch on this one. If they had been realistic in their demands, they would already have a piece or two for the future. Instead, they now have a disgruntled veteran who looks more and more like a primadonna. Like I said back in my earlier posts, he would be a distraction and it has been proven correct (much earlier than I expected). Expect him to demand to be traded to a contender with a national profile. Smells to me like Dallas is his goal, but now we will get s##t for him. Major screwup by the trifecta........
Wait, I'm failing to see the huge distraction. Huge media story? Definately. Distraction? No way. He constantly talks with his teammates, and they all say how they get along with him and it doesn't seem like any of them give a crap that he's not there. Add to the fact that the trifecta cut off the media most the players, the practices and that the team now refuses to comment on JT. I'm willing to bet its a pretty big none story at OTAs because the trifecta is not letting any information get in or out of that place.

As for your rant about having a piece or two for the future. Have you read the reports? I'll try to find the article for you and post it. The highest concrete offer Miami got for him was a 4th round pick. Not the 2nd plus more that we were speculating after the draft. Sources came out after saying that the reason he wasn't dealt was because we were only offered a 4th and the team would rather call his bluff and have him on the team then trade him for a 4th. I agree with that.

You really need to stop bashing the the FO. There's nothing wrong with how the FO is handling this. JT is under contract, he is expected to show up. If he wants to crying and whine like a little baby about being traded and miss practice then that's his problem. The FO shouldn't be forced to trade him for less then he's worth because he is complaining. Instead the FO is doing exactly what it should be doing, cutting off the information that is getting thrown around, distancing themselves from him and concentrating on the players in camp. The team is full of grown men, they are perfectly capable of handling their business without JT and you set a bad president if you start trading guys who whine and complain.

I'm with the FO here. You don't trade JT for a 4th just because he isn't happy. He signed the contract. So deal with it. I bet he comes out and plays for us and has a big year before he ever retires. And I promise you this isn't nearly the distraction in the locker room you are making it out to be. He is talking and getting along with all his teammates just fine. The are professional and know to let him handle his business.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/blogs/c..._bound_to.html

There's the article. Washing was interested. Some team offered a 4th. Jacksonville was thought to have offered a 4th as well and TB never had a concrete deal on the table. We weren't even close to getting a 3rd for him and you think we could get 2 pieces for the future?
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 12:26 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: South Florida
Posts: 8,711
Reputation: 335869
thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/blogs/c..._bound_to.html

There's the article. Washing was interested. Some team offered a 4th. Jacksonville was thought to have offered a 4th as well and TB never had a concrete deal on the table. We weren't even close to getting a 3rd for him and you think we could get 2 pieces for the future?
That's interesting.

I hope you are right about him coming back to us and having a great year! I really do. I could easily see him retiring, I just hope that's not the case.
__________________

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 12:43 PM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 3,118
Reputation: 127445
trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Im sorry but that thread title just made me crack up...
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 05:20 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: South Florida
Posts: 8,711
Reputation: 335869
thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trkaline View Post
Im sorry but that thread title just made me crack up...
How old are you?
__________________

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 09:25 PM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 3,118
Reputation: 127445
trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
How old are you?
22 as far as earth years go...
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 10:07 AM    (permalink
Quagmire
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 265
Reputation: 636
Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
Wait, I'm failing to see the huge distraction. Huge media story? Definately. Distraction? No way. He constantly talks with his teammates, and they all say how they get along with him and it doesn't seem like any of them give a crap that he's not there. Add to the fact that the trifecta cut off the media most the players, the practices and that the team now refuses to comment on JT. I'm willing to bet its a pretty big none story at OTAs because the trifecta is not letting any information get in or out of that place.

As for your rant about having a piece or two for the future. Have you read the reports? I'll try to find the article for you and post it. The highest concrete offer Miami got for him was a 4th round pick. Not the 2nd plus more that we were speculating after the draft. Sources came out after saying that the reason he wasn't dealt was because we were only offered a 4th and the team would rather call his bluff and have him on the team then trade him for a 4th. I agree with that.

You really need to stop bashing the the FO. There's nothing wrong with how the FO is handling this. JT is under contract, he is expected to show up. If he wants to crying and whine like a little baby about being traded and miss practice then that's his problem. The FO shouldn't be forced to trade him for less then he's worth because he is complaining. Instead the FO is doing exactly what it should be doing, cutting off the information that is getting thrown around, distancing themselves from him and concentrating on the players in camp. The team is full of grown men, they are perfectly capable of handling their business without JT and you set a bad president if you start trading guys who whine and complain.

I'm with the FO here. You don't trade JT for a 4th just because he isn't happy. He signed the contract. So deal with it. I bet he comes out and plays for us and has a big year before he ever retires. And I promise you this isn't nearly the distraction in the locker room you are making it out to be. He is talking and getting along with all his teammates just fine. The are professional and know to let him handle his business.
Of course you're with the FO, Joe. You are their biggest apologist. They can do no wrong. If Randy Mueller had done the same thing, you would be bashing him for it.

If the best offer they got was a #4 this past yr, there is no way they could have not had a conditional pick next yr as part of it. I really don't care what articles you show me. Everytime I have brought up an article or quote, you try to find a way to discredit it. I will do the same with what I have seen from you. There are no facts to prove it either way. I do know that they were stupid enough to ask for a #1 which immediately turned teams off... If they had shown they were willing to deal, there is NO way they could not have gotten at least a #3 this past yr, if not a low #2.

If you are telling me this is not a distraction, dream on. This is the definition of a distraction waiting to happen. Not a big deal until training camp, but once it opens, it will be the lead story every day until he shows up.

The Trifecta have done a pretty good job this offeason and the future will be good here. But this is a major screwup. Period...
Quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire View Post
Of course you're with the FO, Joe. You are their biggest apologist. They can do no wrong. If Randy Mueller had done the same thing, you would be bashing him for it.

If the best offer they got was a #4 this past yr, there is no way they could have not had a conditional pick next yr as part of it. I really don't care what articles you show me. Everytime I have brought up an article or quote, you try to find a way to discredit it. I will do the same with what I have seen from you. There are no facts to prove it either way. I do know that they were stupid enough to ask for a #1 which immediately turned teams off... If they had shown they were willing to deal, there is NO way they could not have gotten at least a #3 this past yr, if not a low #2.

If you are telling me this is not a distraction, dream on. This is the definition of a distraction waiting to happen. Not a big deal until training camp, but once it opens, it will be the lead story every day until he shows up.

The Trifecta have done a pretty good job this offeason and the future will be good here. But this is a major screwup. Period...
Dude, until you bring me something that shows the FO got an offer good enough to trade JT for then I'm on there side. If they turned a 2nd and 5th like we had thought might have happened then yes your right, they screwed up. But they have only been offered a 4th. Trading JT for a 4th is lunacy.

You keep trying to blame them for something they have no control over. Your saying it's their fault because they are asking for a 1st and that's what's costing them a chance to trade him because it is scaring off teams. That's a theory. You think teams are being scared off. I see no reason why if Miami is asking for a 1st, some team wouldn't come and say "well we can offer a 2nd but that's it". But that didn't happen. They were offered a 4th.

Your bashing and blaming the team for not getting a good pick for him but they were never offered a good pick for him.

Either way, this is my last post on the issue. It's stupid to argue with you. You bash the FO mindless on this issue for no reason.

How any real Dolphins fan that has followed JT's career and seen the impact he makes can get mad and insult the FO for wanting to keep JT on the team when they didn't get the offer they wanted is beyond me.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Quagmire
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 265
Reputation: 636
Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
Dude, until you bring me something that shows the FO got an offer good enough to trade JT for then I'm on there side. If they turned a 2nd and 5th like we had thought might have happened then yes your right, they screwed up. But they have only been offered a 4th. Trading JT for a 4th is lunacy.

You keep trying to blame them for something they have no control over. Your saying it's their fault because they are asking for a 1st and that's what's costing them a chance to trade him because it is scaring off teams. That's a theory. You think teams are being scared off. I see no reason why if Miami is asking for a 1st, some team wouldn't come and say "well we can offer a 2nd but that's it". But that didn't happen. They were offered a 4th.

Your bashing and blaming the team for not getting a good pick for him but they were never offered a good pick for him.

Either way, this is my last post on the issue. It's stupid to argue with you. You bash the FO mindless on this issue for no reason.

How any real Dolphins fan that has followed JT's career and seen the impact he makes can get mad and insult the FO for wanting to keep JT on the team when they didn't get the offer they wanted is beyond me.
Their whole approach in this matter has been wrong from the start. Now, according to the Palm Beach Post, they are still asking for a #1. You tell me if that is not stupid.

What impact he is going to make going forward? He was already a lesser player last yr and will continue to get worse.

If they did not have a ridiculous price tag to start, they would have gotten a deal done. It is their stubbornness that has caused this to escalate. Talk to me again when he does not show for training camp and decides he would rather hang out in California than go thru 2 a days. Maybe then you will finally admit they actually made a mistake in not trading him........

Trust me, I am a real Dolphin fan who knows that they suck and need to get better, WITH PICKS!! Not a 34 yr old wannabe actor.........
Quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Quagmire
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 265
Reputation: 636
Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.
Default

Please read Matt Mosley's column on hashmarks 6/2... Says it perfect, as I paraphrase: Taylor asked to be traded this offseason and Parcells' hardline stance prevented that from happening.
Quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire View Post
Please read Matt Mosley's column on hashmarks 6/2... Says it perfect, as I paraphrase: Taylor asked to be traded this offseason and Parcells' hardline stance prevented that from happening.
Except that if you listened to a word Jason Taylor said during his press conference you will know that's not the case. JT himself said he would like to play for a contender in 2008 but that he has never privately or publicly requested a trade and that he has a contract with Miami and is open to remaining with the Miami Dolphins.

Are you in the business of ignoring JT himself just to reach your own conclusions now? You should know about Matt Mosley by now. He is a huge Cowboy fan and covered the Cowboys for most of his career before joining ESPN. He has been big in the JT to Dallas cause. Please take what he says with a grain of salt. He's one of the most biased writers out there.

JT himself also said he met with Ireland and Sparano at his golf event and that everything went well and that he gets along with them. JT has only met Parcells once for 5 mintues. All we know is that they don't talk often if at all, everything else about trade demands and hard line stances are BS being blown up by the media. It's pretty hard to demand a trade and get responses from a person you don't speak to.

It's people like you that blow this up into the media mess that it is. You keep beating a dead horse over and over. Come TC, JT will be there, he will play his hardest and he will be a professional just like he always has been. The team will be better for it. End of story. There's no back and forth bickering and distractions like you seem to believe. There's only JT doing his thing, the Dolphins doing their thing and the media blowing it up into a huge story. When the time comes, JT will sit with Parcells and Ireland and things will be worked out and that will be the end of it. Until then, stop bitching and moaning.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 08:48 AM    (permalink
Quagmire
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 265
Reputation: 636
Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
Except that if you listened to a word Jason Taylor said during his press conference you will know that's not the case. JT himself said he would like to play for a contender in 2008 but that he has never privately or publicly requested a trade and that he has a contract with Miami and is open to remaining with the Miami Dolphins.

Are you in the business of ignoring JT himself just to reach your own conclusions now? You should know about Matt Mosley by now. He is a huge Cowboy fan and covered the Cowboys for most of his career before joining ESPN. He has been big in the JT to Dallas cause. Please take what he says with a grain of salt. He's one of the most biased writers out there.

JT himself also said he met with Ireland and Sparano at his golf event and that everything went well and that he gets along with them. JT has only met Parcells once for 5 mintues. All we know is that they don't talk often if at all, everything else about trade demands and hard line stances are BS being blown up by the media. It's pretty hard to demand a trade and get responses from a person you don't speak to.

It's people like you that blow this up into the media mess that it is. You keep beating a dead horse over and over. Come TC, JT will be there, he will play his hardest and he will be a professional just like he always has been. The team will be better for it. End of story. There's no back and forth bickering and distractions like you seem to believe. There's only JT doing his thing, the Dolphins doing their thing and the media blowing it up into a huge story. When the time comes, JT will sit with Parcells and Ireland and things will be worked out and that will be the end of it. Until then, stop bitching and moaning.
Everytime someone other than you quotes a writer, he has an agenda.. King is a shill, Mosley is a Dallas guy, ENOUGH. Seriously, you always have to be the Trifecta's bodyguard. What good is having a 34 yr old LB for the future of this franchise? NONE... He has a press conference which was a big PR event for his image. Read between the lines, he said he wants out. Open to being traded for a contender. He also killed any possible value by saying he would only play one more yr. If they had not had the hardline stance, we would have had a player for the future instead of one for the past. Dolphin fans have a right to ***** and moan about this because they screwed up huge in not trading him. Maybe you should stop worshipping the ground that Tuna walks on and admit that they screwed the pooch on this one..... Get over the fact that not every decision they made is a great one.......
Quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Dude, we brought in 4 young DL this offseason all under 24 years of age. JT will be more beneficial to their development then any 4th rounder would be to our roster. Stop being so dense and acting like JT has on value to our team. JT is still better then any draft pick we would realistically would have gotten.

Read between the lines? He had a PR event for his image? Good Lord dude, he said in a makeshift interview during his golf tournament that he liked being able to hang with Ireland and Sparano. Please explain to me where the bad in that is. Did he make all that up in front of them just to get more charity dollars for his event to? You swear like JT has all these elaborate ideas set up about how he's gonna raise hell to get out of Miami. Obviously he would like to play for a winning team, anyone would but sitting here and acting like he's forcing a trade is crazy as he himself has said he's fine playing for the Dolphins and suddenly today, the Dolphins say they are gonna welcome him back with open arms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire View Post
Everytime someone other than you quotes a writer, he has an agenda
Dude, please. Maybe if you found a real writer it would hold some weight. But when you bring up a opinion based blog instead of a facts based article, expect people to shrug it off. Exspecially when the player in question just came out and said the exact opposite of everything in the blog.

Last edited by Joeyjr09 : 06-04-2008 at 02:43 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Quagmire
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 265
Reputation: 636
Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
Dude, we brought in 4 young DL this offseason all under 24 years of age. JT will be more beneficial to their development then any 4th rounder would be to our roster. Stop being so dense and acting like JT has on value to our team. JT is still better then any draft pick we would realistically would have gotten.

Read between the lines? He had a PR event for his image? Good Lord dude, he said in a makeshift interview during his golf tournament that he liked being able to hang with Ireland and Sparano. Please explain to me where the bad in that is. Did he make all that up in front of them just to get more charity dollars for his event to? You swear like JT has all these elaborate ideas set up about how he's gonna raise hell to get out of Miami. Obviously he would like to play for a winning team, anyone would but sitting here and acting like he's forcing a trade is crazy as he himself has said he's fine playing for the Dolphins and suddenly today, the Dolphins say they are gonna welcome him back with open arms.



Dude, please. Maybe if you found a real writer it would hold some weight. But when you bring up a opinion based blog instead of a facts based article, expect people to shrug it off. Exspecially when the player in question just came out and said the exact opposite of everything in the blog.
So Peter King is not a real writer? Just the head of the election committee for the hall of fame. Oh wait, I forgot because he felt Miami made a mistake in not trading him and thought that Tuna made a mistake, he had an agenda and is not a credible writer....... Heaven forbid someone say that Parcells screwed up.........

Of course the player is going to say things that portray him as the good guy. One thing Taylor is not, is stupid. He knows how to play the PR game. Of course Sparano is going to say he wants him. He will help them win in the short term and he wants to keep his value high. I am saying that the draft pick is worth more to this team for its future than a 34 yr old declining DE who wants to be The Rock.... If Tuna had not been a stubborn jackass and asked for a #1 pick, a good compromise could have been reached and a decent pick or 2 could have been acquired. If I try to sell a 10 yr old Mercedes for $50,000, no one is going to take me seriously, if I try to sell for $15,000, they might....... Parcells asked for the 50K in this case and had it handed to him and he is stuck with a car that has only a small life left and will not be here when he needs good players in 2 or 3 yrs........
Quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire View Post
So Peter King is not a real writer? Just the head of the election committee for the hall of fame. Oh wait, I forgot because he felt Miami made a mistake in not trading him and thought that Tuna made a mistake, he had an agenda and is not a credible writer....... Heaven forbid someone say that Parcells screwed up.........

Of course the player is going to say things that portray him as the good guy. One thing Taylor is not, is stupid. He knows how to play the PR game. Of course Sparano is going to say he wants him. He will help them win in the short term and he wants to keep his value high. I am saying that the draft pick is worth more to this team for its future than a 34 yr old declining DE who wants to be The Rock.... If Tuna had not been a stubborn jackass and asked for a #1 pick, a good compromise could have been reached and a decent pick or 2 could have been acquired. If I try to sell a 10 yr old Mercedes for $50,000, no one is going to take me seriously, if I try to sell for $15,000, they might....... Parcells asked for the 50K in this case and had it handed to him and he is stuck with a car that has only a small life left and will not be here when he needs good players in 2 or 3 yrs........
Matt Mosley was the blogger in this instance. not King. King if you recall we discussed a while back and he is a big Parcells backer.

Your little Mercedes analogy is way off. JT worth about $25,000. We are indeed asking a little much at about $30,000 but we are only getting offers of about $10,000. Even if they met in the middle, we would not get his full worth. That's the situation. He is worth a 2nd, we want a 1st, but are only getting offers for a 4th. Even with a compromise we would only get a high 3rd and that's not worth it for JT. We need at least a mid to high 2nd for him.

I don't understand how you can think our asking price is driving his value down. IF we want a 2ns then naturally we are gonna ask for a little more then that to try to get the max value for him. If a team was willing to offer a 2nd do you really think they would sit back and go:

"We'll trade a 2nd for JT but Miami is asking for a 1st so instead we'll just offer a 4th?"

Or do you think they would go:

"We'll we want JT for a 2nd but Miami is asking for a 1st, lets just give a call and see if we are close enough"

I guarantee you that convo number 2 is how things would go down. But that's not whats happened because NO ONE WANTS TO TRADE A 2ND RD PICK FOR JT.

Your blaming the FO for supposedly killing his value but you fail to realize that his value was never as high as we thought.

I can't believe you can sit here and yell at me about how horrible it is that we keep JT and how he has no point being on the Dolphins and basically says he's useless trash for us. IF we think like that, what do you think other teams see? You can sit here and bash JT and say we don't need him and then get mad when we have no good offers because other teams don't need him.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 09:10 AM    (permalink
Quagmire
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 265
Reputation: 636
Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
Matt Mosley was the blogger in this instance. not King. King if you recall we discussed a while back and he is a big Parcells backer.

Your little Mercedes analogy is way off. JT worth about $25,000. We are indeed asking a little much at about $30,000 but we are only getting offers of about $10,000. Even if they met in the middle, we would not get his full worth. That's the situation. He is worth a 2nd, we want a 1st, but are only getting offers for a 4th. Even with a compromise we would only get a high 3rd and that's not worth it for JT. We need at least a mid to high 2nd for him.

I don't understand how you can think our asking price is driving his value down. IF we want a 2ns then naturally we are gonna ask for a little more then that to try to get the max value for him. If a team was willing to offer a 2nd do you really think they would sit back and go:

"We'll trade a 2nd for JT but Miami is asking for a 1st so instead we'll just offer a 4th?"

Or do you think they would go:

"We'll we want JT for a 2nd but Miami is asking for a 1st, lets just give a call and see if we are close enough"

I guarantee you that convo number 2 is how things would go down. But that's not whats happened because NO ONE WANTS TO TRADE A 2ND RD PICK FOR JT.

Your blaming the FO for supposedly killing his value but you fail to realize that his value was never as high as we thought.

I can't believe you can sit here and yell at me about how horrible it is that we keep JT and how he has no point being on the Dolphins and basically says he's useless trash for us. IF we think like that, what do you think other teams see? You can sit here and bash JT and say we don't need him and then get mad when we have no good offers because other teams don't need him.
Well, Peter King has said the same thing, so if he is a Tuna backer, even he knows they screwed up by being so rigid.

Asking for a #1 was dumb because it was extremely unreasonable. This was not a normal negotiation. Don't you think JT has had his people whispering in other teams' ears about how he wanted out? Teams know this. If Miami was reasonable and firm on a #2, a low #2 would have easily been attainable.... Hell, they could have been creative and accepted a lower pick (3 or 4) in 2008 with conditions attached to an add'l 2009 pick. They chose to be firm and now they look like idiots for doing so....

As for bashing him for us showing what his value is, come on....... I think an 11-5 playoff team trying to take the next step will have a much different view of Taylor than a 1-15 team in need of a total rebuild. Trust me, there are plenty of teams that could use his ability to help take the next step. But, they now know Miami is screwed and don't have to pay market value to get him thanks to the front office screwing up....
Quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire View Post
Well, Peter King has said the same thing, so if he is a Tuna backer, even he knows they screwed up by being so rigid.

Asking for a #1 was dumb because it was extremely unreasonable. This was not a normal negotiation. Don't you think JT has had his people whispering in other teams' ears about how he wanted out? Teams know this. If Miami was reasonable and firm on a #2, a low #2 would have easily been attainable.... Hell, they could have been creative and accepted a lower pick (3 or 4) in 2008 with conditions attached to an add'l 2009 pick. They chose to be firm and now they look like idiots for doing so....

As for bashing him for us showing what his value is, come on....... I think an 11-5 playoff team trying to take the next step will have a much different view of Taylor than a 1-15 team in need of a total rebuild. Trust me, there are plenty of teams that could use his ability to help take the next step. But, they now know Miami is screwed and don't have to pay market value to get him thanks to the front office screwing up....
So now we went from talking about mid to high 2nd for Taylor to talking low 2nd or conditional 3 and 4 rounders. Forget that JT has more value to us then that.

If you think JT is such garbage to us then go read the PPB's blog by Channing Crowder about how desperately the team is missing JTs leadership. We will field one of the youngest teams in the league next season, we need our best player and vet leader. IF we can get a high pick for him then yes it's probably worth it to trade him but if we are gonna start lowering our asking price and compromising for conditional picks then it is not worth it. Our young kids need someone to watch, look up to and learn from and we will be better for it.

All the news coming out lately from JT camps has been positive towards the Dolphins, all the news coming from Sparano and today Tuna himself has been positive for the Dolphins and all the news reported by the local papers has been positive. It was all blown up nationally by ESPN and beat to death. It has never been as big a deal as ESPN or you made it out to be. Heck even Will Allen said it was blown out of proportion when he said that the media "Turned this into a movie that I ain't watching".

JT will be a great player for us this year and we will be better for it. There's nothing wrong with our FO feeling JT has a certain worth to our team and not trading him unless they feel they are getting something more valuable then what he's worth. A 4th round pick, or conditional picks like you stated are not worth it. Heck rotoworld today even said that no team is willing to go as high as a 3rd for him.

Your bashing the FO for not reaching an agreement that by all accounts was never attainable to begin with.

Your speculation is annoying. Your grasping at straws. "If they were reasonable then this would have happened or we could have agreed to that deal." You have no idea that things would have went that way. FACT of the matter is that they have never been offered more then a 4th round pick.

Last edited by Joeyjr09 : 06-05-2008 at 12:46 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Quagmire
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 265
Reputation: 636
Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
So now we went from talking about mid to high 2nd for Taylor to talking low 2nd or conditional 3 and 4 rounders. Forget that JT has more value to us then that.

If you think JT is such garbage to us then go read the PPB's blog by Channing Crowder about how desperately the team is missing JTs leadership. We will field one of the youngest teams in the league next season, we need our best player and vet leader. IF we can get a high pick for him then yes it's probably worth it to trade him but if we are gonna start lowering our asking price and compromising for conditional picks then it is not worth it. Our young kids need someone to watch, look up to and learn from and we will be better for it.

All the news coming out lately from JT camps has been positive towards the Dolphins, all the news coming from Sparano and today Tuna himself has been positive for the Dolphins and all the news reported by the local papers has been positive. It was all blown up nationally by ESPN and beat to death. It has never been as big a deal as ESPN or you made it out to be. Heck even Will Allen said it was blown out of proportion when he said that the media "Turned this into a movie that I ain't watching".

JT will be a great player for us this year and we will be better for it. There's nothing wrong with our FO feeling JT has a certain worth to our team and not trading him unless they feel they are getting something more valuable then what he's worth. A 4th round pick, or conditional picks like you stated are not worth it. Heck rotoworld today even said that no team is willing to go as high as a 3rd for him.

Your bashing the FO for not reaching an agreement that by all accounts was never attainable to begin with.

Your speculation is annoying. Your grasping at straws. "If they were reasonable then this would have happened or we could have agreed to that deal." You have no idea that things would have went that way. FACT of the matter is that they have never been offered more then a 4th round pick.
Wait, I catch s#it for mentioning a blog and Peter King and you bring up rotoworld? Are you kidding me?

Speaking of annoying, how about someone who kisses the a$$ of the front office all the time because it is Bill Parcells? The bottom line is this, by the time Miami is good, Taylor will be long gone and a non-factor. The pick and or picks they could have acquired by not being rigid idiots would still be here and hitting their prime... This leadership BS only matters if they were ready to take the step this yr. Guess what, they aren't. They are going to be in the top 10 in next yr's draft and with another good one, could be ready to make a playoff run the following yr. Face it, as much as you don't want to admit it, they screwed up.........
Quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 11:59 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire View Post
Wait, I catch s#it for mentioning a blog and Peter King and you bring up rotoworld? Are you kidding me?

Speaking of annoying, how about someone who kisses the a$$ of the front office all the time because it is Bill Parcells? The bottom line is this, by the time Miami is good, Taylor will be long gone and a non-factor. The pick and or picks they could have acquired by not being rigid idiots would still be here and hitting their prime... This leadership BS only matters if they were ready to take the step this yr. Guess what, they aren't. They are going to be in the top 10 in next yr's draft and with another good one, could be ready to make a playoff run the following yr. Face it, as much as you don't want to admit it, they screwed up.........

Rotoworld is a collect of article's by a bunch of different writers. Abot 95 percent of the rotoworld article are written by local Miami reporters. You should know that by now.

So I guess your saying only good NFL teams need leadership? Great call smart guy.

How about this article for you. Adam Schefter says the Dolphins have been willing to accept a 2nd for some time now but have still yet to even recieve that high an offer.

Listen bro, you can call me and ass kisser and make stupid little insults all you want but fact is that not just BP but any GM in football would be stupid to trade a player the caliber of JT for a 4th round pick.

Your arguement has so many holes it's not even funny. Here are all your crazy ASSUMPTIONS:

1.) The Dolphins could get a 2nd rounder. Fact is, the Dolphins have not been offered more then a 4th. You have never addressed this except with opinions and wild speculation that if Tuna was nicer that maybe just maybe and team will suddenly throw a 2nd our way.

2.) "by the time Miami is good, Taylor will be long gone and a non-factor." You have no idea what impact JT can have on our young players. If he helps just 1 of them reach a level they would have reached, it would have been worth keeping him over a 4th round pick.

3.) "The pick and or picks they could have acquired by not being rigid idiots would still be here and hitting their prime" You make it sound like we would be getting some stud in his prime that would really help us big time. We were offer a 4TH ROUND PICK!!! Would you like me to run down the names of 4th rounder that have become even solid starters in this league over the past 5 years. You can count them on one hand. Yay, we traded JT for a backup TE!!! I mean seriously bro, you can get the same value by just trading down in a draft. And this is all hoping that the pick doesn't bust at all.

So go ahead call me an ass kisser all you want, makes no difference to me, I support my teams and my players and I refuse to ***** and moan like a little girl just because my GM didn't trade away my team's best player for a medicore draft pick.

For real, they didn't trade our best player, get over it dude. Not having an extra 4th round pick is not suddenly gonna take our 1-15 team over the hump and make us way better. In fact, I'd venture to say if we had an extra 4th rounder on the roster for the next 3-4 years you wouldn't notice the difference he makes at all compared to the difference JT can make in just 1 season.

I'm out bro, this is a stupid arguement, you made up your mind and there's no sense even bothering with you. You have all these crazy theories and ideas in your head with no basis except stealing some other bloggers opinion and you rip the FO and me for what? Because you have nothing better to do with your time? Please bro, get a life.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Quagmire
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 265
Reputation: 636
Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
Rotoworld is a collect of article's by a bunch of different writers. Abot 95 percent of the rotoworld article are written by local Miami reporters. You should know that by now.

So I guess your saying only good NFL teams need leadership? Great call smart guy.

How about this article for you. Adam Schefter says the Dolphins have been willing to accept a 2nd for some time now but have still yet to even recieve that high an offer.

Listen bro, you can call me and ass kisser and make stupid little insults all you want but fact is that not just BP but any GM in football would be stupid to trade a player the caliber of JT for a 4th round pick.

Your arguement has so many holes it's not even funny. Here are all your crazy ASSUMPTIONS:

1.) The Dolphins could get a 2nd rounder. Fact is, the Dolphins have not been offered more then a 4th. You have never addressed this except with opinions and wild speculation that if Tuna was nicer that maybe just maybe and team will suddenly throw a 2nd our way.

2.) "by the time Miami is good, Taylor will be long gone and a non-factor." You have no idea what impact JT can have on our young players. If he helps just 1 of them reach a level they would have reached, it would have been worth keeping him over a 4th round pick.

3.) "The pick and or picks they could have acquired by not being rigid idiots would still be here and hitting their prime" You make it sound like we would be getting some stud in his prime that would really help us big time. We were offer a 4TH ROUND PICK!!! Would you like me to run down the names of 4th rounder that have become even solid starters in this league over the past 5 years. You can count them on one hand. Yay, we traded JT for a backup TE!!! I mean seriously bro, you can get the same value by just trading down in a draft. And this is all hoping that the pick doesn't bust at all.

So go ahead call me an ass kisser all you want, makes no difference to me, I support my teams and my players and I refuse to ***** and moan like a little girl just because my GM didn't trade away my team's best player for a medicore draft pick.

For real, they didn't trade our best player, get over it dude. Not having an extra 4th round pick is not suddenly gonna take our 1-15 team over the hump and make us way better. In fact, I'd venture to say if we had an extra 4th rounder on the roster for the next 3-4 years you wouldn't notice the difference he makes at all compared to the difference JT can make in just 1 season.

I'm out bro, this is a stupid arguement, you made up your mind and there's no sense even bothering with you. You have all these crazy theories and ideas in your head with no basis except stealing some other bloggers opinion and you rip the FO and me for what? Because you have nothing better to do with your time? Please bro, get a life.
Keep your rose-colored glasses on. Hey, BTW, Jason Taylor was a 3rd rd pick. Zach was a 5th, Tom Brady was a 6th, etc, etc. Good players are available everywhere.... You think you can't find players in the 4th round? Think again. You are right, this is a stupid argument because you won't throw down the poms-poms. His leadership is not worth sh#t to a team that won't be good until he is gone... His focus is on being The Rock, and not on football.....

I would love if you printed out every 4th rd pick for the last 5 yrs. If even one guy is a star, then your argument does not work...
Quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire View Post
Keep your rose-colored glasses on. Hey, BTW, Jason Taylor was a 3rd rd pick. Zach was a 5th, Tom Brady was a 6th, etc, etc. Good players are available everywhere.... You think you can't find players in the 4th round? Think again. You are right, this is a stupid argument because you won't throw down the poms-poms. His leadership is not worth sh#t to a team that won't be good until he is gone... His focus is on being The Rock, and not on football.....

I would love if you printed out every 4th rd pick for the last 5 yrs. If even one guy is a star, then your argument does not work...
So now you went from "We can get a high draft pick for him" and changed your stance into, "We'll we can pray we can lucky with a lower pick". Great logic buddy. Your argument sucks. You don't trade your franchise player for a gamble that you land one of the 2-3 mid round picks that blow up every year. You trade him only if you get a great offer that will land you a sure fire starter to build your future around. We have traded Chris Chambers and Wes Welker for 2 rounder the past 2 season, good value that has landed us good pieces, the last thing we need to go is ship out our best player for pennies on the dollar.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Quagmire
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 265
Reputation: 636
Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
So now you went from "We can get a high draft pick for him" and changed your stance into, "We'll we can pray we can lucky with a lower pick". Great logic buddy. Your argument sucks. You don't trade your franchise player for a gamble that you land one of the 2-3 mid round picks that blow up every year. You trade him only if you get a great offer that will land you a sure fire starter to build your future around. We have traded Chris Chambers and Wes Welker for 2 rounder the past 2 season, good value that has landed us good pieces, the last thing we need to go is ship out our best player for pennies on the dollar.
Where did I say "we can pray we get lucky with a lower pick"? Not once. If they had not screwed up his value by asking for too much, they would not even be in a situation where there would be a debate on taking a low pick. I think your argument sucks. What franchise player? He is an aging 34 yr old DE. He is Miami's best because they suck. On a good team he could still be very good and that is why he should have been traded to one.

You forget that Welker was 27 and a RFA and that the Chambers trade was an absolute steal by Mueller.. Taylor is a guy who has basically said that he wants out. You don't ask for a #1 for a 34 yr old who wants out. You work the deal to get yourself as high a pick as possible and move on. If they were realistic from the beginning, they could gotten a low 2 or worst a #3 with something else for him. You win with draft picks. The more you have, the more chances to succeed. They f&*ked up. Period.
Quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.