Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-23-2008, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair
Default Vikings waive Erasmus James

http://ww3.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=1606
Old 05-23-2008, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Pb&j
Rookie

Pb&j is a cocksman.Pb&j is a cocksman.Pb&j is a cocksman.

He's really busty...in the bad way.
Pb&j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 05:29 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

what a horrible draft they had in 2005....
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 05:39 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't mind having him as a back up for Kampman. He wouldn't be a bad back up.
Old 05-23-2008, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2005 draft for them was an epic failure.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I need to change my username.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
I always thought the ej in your name stood for EJ Henderson for some reason.
Old 05-23-2008, 06:02 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked him a lot coming out.
ATLDirtyBirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 06:07 PM    (permalink
AkiliSmith
Veteran

AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12 View Post
2005 draft for them was an epic failure.
The Bengals did worse:
1. Pollack
2. Thurman
3. Henry

Now that was an epic failure.
AkiliSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkiliSmith View Post
The Bengals did worse:
1. Pollack
2. Thurman
3. Henry

All 3 would be pretty good players right now if it wasn't for injuries/stupidity.
Old 05-23-2008, 06:10 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brian Robison i tell you, my breakout player, he is going to have alot more chances to see the field and will get after the QB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 06:30 PM    (permalink
megansett56BC
Rookie

megansett56BC hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

That's too bad. I like James coming out of that draft.

Belichick might be an a-hole... but I'd rather have an a-hole that wins than one that doesn't.
megansett56BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 06:34 PM    (permalink
thefridge15
Rookie

thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Brian Robison i tell you, my breakout player, he is going to have alot more chances to see the field and will get after the QB.
Eh, I really like Robison and he's got potential, but the Vikes are moving Ray Edwards to the left side so Robison will be playing behind Jared Allen this year.
Old 05-23-2008, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
Nope, I thought Erasmus James was going to have a great season, so I made my username after him.
Old 05-23-2008, 06:43 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefridge15 View Post
Eh, I really like Robison and he's got potential, but the Vikes are moving Ray Edwards to the left side so Robison will be playing behind Jared Allen this year.
I believe he will be on the right side with more chances to get to the QB, look at the type of year he had last year, the guy is way too athletic to not garner more snaps...Besides, thats the point of a breakout player, a guy you don't see coming...Thats why I'm throwing his name out there now because I can see him having a year like Mark Anderson had for the Bears when he racked up 12 sacks in spot duty, granted I don't see that many but I do see 8.

Quote:
Old 05-23-2008, 06:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another Wisconsin bust.... So what's new?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 06:47 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkiliSmith View Post
The Bengals did worse:
1. Pollack
2. Thurman
3. Henry

Yeah, but who could have seen Pollack's circumstances coming through?

The Vikings had 2 1st rounders that year and busted on both of them.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

During the draft, I thought James would be just like John Abraham. And he is, just not the way I thought.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Another Wisconsin bust.... So what's new?
Hey now! There's still... uhh... yeah... I got nothin'.
Old 05-23-2008, 07:30 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hey now! There's still... uhh... yeah... I got nothin'.
JOE THOMAS!
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
JOE THOMAS!
Oh yeah, him. I guess Chris Chambers isn't a bust, either. But man, they haven't had much luck.
Old 05-23-2008, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
That's what I always thought too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 08:02 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Nope, I thought Erasmus James was going to have a great season, so I made my username after him.
Well now it stands for EJ Henderson :)

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 08:10 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Im right there with ya man.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 08:28 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Yep, thats why it takes 3 years to grade drafts, both the Vikes and Bengals were given A's that year from most people including Peter Prisco.

Quote:
Overall grade: A The Vikings had two first-round picks and they made the most of them by taking Williamson and Erasmus James. They had a heck of a draft.

Funny thing about the Bengals draft is most of those guys were known to have off the field problems before hand, with alot of talent, so you can't say its not their fault when you take two guys with bad character in the top 3 rounds...When you take those types of players you take that risk along with the talent.

Quote:
Best pick: Second-round pick Odell Thurman is the best linebacker in the draft. If not for off-field issues, he would have been a high first-round pick. Thurman will be a star.

Questionable move: Third-round pick Chris Henry has first-round ability. At 6-4, this receiver can fly. He does have some off-field issues, but if the Bengals can control him, he will be a big-time player.

Steal: Keep an eye on sixth-round pick Tab Perry, a receiver. He had some decent days for the Bruins at UCLA.

Overall grade: A Getting David Pollack, Thurman, and Henry with their first three picks makes this a heck of a draft.

Quote: