Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 05-29-2008, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

thats an awesome quote. If thats true about talent development then hes a great choice. I heard that his offense is vanilla, and not very creative, is it true?

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 11:28 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I hate the fact we took that ugly ass goofy bastard in the first place.
agreed. he's really a waste of space i believe. and he's dumb as a broom.

Collins will be a fantastic coach.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 02:06 AM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
agreed. he's really a waste of space i believe. and he's dumb as a broom.

Collins will be a fantastic coach.
You do not know anything about basketball if you think Noah is horrible.

As for Collins offense - He just runs pro sets isn't really an innovator like D'Antoni, but is solid nonetheless.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:12 AM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Definitely Rose.
Point guard was a problem for the Bulls since Hinrich struggled, and you're not going to tell me that Duhon can start for a good team. He makes a solid backup.
Rose can command the team and be the go-to-guy when the game is close. Out of the Bulls' 2 "leaders" last year, one of them (Wallace) was a total cancer, and the other one (Griffin) has no business on an NBA roster.
Beasley is probably the most talented player in the draft. But I don't see him making his teammates better, and I don't see him being "the guy". He should be an excellent fantasy player, but that's it. Plus, if the Bulls pick Rose, they can trade their guards for post players.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:07 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
You do not know anything about basketball if you think Noah is horrible.

As for Collins offense - He just runs pro sets isn't really an innovator like D'Antoni, but is solid nonetheless.
No. I think he's a waste of space. A talented, but severely underachieving waste of space.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where can I find the workout numbers from the pre-draft camp? Some articles reference them but I cant seem to find them. Specifically, Rose's, Beasley's, and Mayo's heights as well as Thompson's weight.

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Jimmy Buckets <3
Old 06-03-2008, 06:54 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsfan123 View Post
Where can I find the workout numbers from the pre-draft camp? Some articles reference them but I cant seem to find them. Specifically, Rose's, Beasley's, and Mayo's heights as well as Thompson's weight.
http://nbadraft.net/2008nbapredraftcamp006.asp
Old 06-03-2008, 06:56 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
would like to see some of those shoes that add an inch and half, lol
Old 06-03-2008, 11:54 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

So Derrick is 6'2" and Beasley is 6'8". Interesting.

In Tyler We Trust

Jimmy Buckets <3
Old 06-04-2008, 12:19 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope we can trade for Wade and the #2 pick and grab Beasley.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 12:22 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
I hope we can trade for Wade and the #2 pick and grab Beasley.
uhhhhhh.....

maybe it would be easier if you just became a Heat fan in that case
Old 06-04-2008, 03:54 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

If there was nothing wrong with Wade, then Miami wouldn't trade him, no matter what. He's played in 51 games last year, and it wouldn't surprise me if he plays in 30 or less games next year. Shoulder dislocations only get worse and more frequent.
Old 06-09-2008, 02:33 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

Now, the Bulls have offered Suns assistant GM, Vinny Del Negro, the head coaching job. Link
The Bulls could turn into a running team, but they offer the job to a guy with zero coaching experience, so this should be interesting.
Old 06-09-2008, 02:45 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Out of the guys we were looking at this is an interesting hire. Seems like the guy that is going to have a passion for coaching. I certainly hope we are a running team as that is what our offensive personnel is best suited for. Plus most of our guys are good defensive players, so it's not like we'd be giving up a ton of points. I'd guess with the guys we have now and assuming we take Rose our long term starting lineup would be:

Noah
Thomas
Deng
Sefalosha
Rose

Unless we keep Gordon, Deng is really our only established scorer so we would need somebody to break out and probably be a #1 option as Deng is best suited as a complimentary guy IMO. Obviously for now barring a trade we'll have some vets that are going to take play time (Gooden, Noc, Hughes, Hinrich, Gordon) and we have some pieces for down the road (scoring combo guard off the bench in Curry if he develops, Gray as a big body, Cedric Simmons if we retain him as a 4 off the bench, Shannon Brown as an athletic 2 if we keep him around) and Duhon I believe is leaving. I do think Gordon is going to be on the move this summer, maybe we can sneak back into the first (Portland?) and try and grab a big or an athletic shooter. Hinrich could be on the move as well though I don't know how much we could get for him.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 09:55 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lets bring in Arenas!!!

Old 06-10-2008, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
Lets bring in Arenas!!!
ugh i hope thats a joke.

In Tyler We Trust

Jimmy Buckets <3
Old 06-11-2008, 10:33 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsfan123 View Post
ugh i hope thats a joke.
why? we need a scorer.

Old 07-01-2008, 06:32 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

doubtful we start Thabo over Hinrich...even though it will never happen, I'm still holding out hope that we do a sign and trade with the Clippers for Brand

if not, this is how I see our starting lineup as of right now:
1. Rose
2. Hinrich
3. Deng
4. Gooden
5. Noah

hopefully TT has a breakthrough and can start, move Gooden to C/coming off the bench

also, I doubt we move Hinrich seeing as he is our only reliable ball handler and with a rookie PG we def. need a proven PG to back him up

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote