Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-26-2008, 04:31 PM    (permalink
flave1969
Rookie

flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Redskins is an easy one right now with Portis, but I think Laron Landry will be the face of the franchise before long.
flave1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 05:47 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The face of Green Bay:

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 05:49 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

Oh lord.... hide the children!!!
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Rjspartan
Veteran

Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.

21 QBs
5 RBs
5 Defensive players
1 WR
1 Not player

new england-tom brady
miami-Bill parcells face it when you say dolphins you think parcells
buffalo-marshawn lynch
jets-vernon gholston

colts-peyton manning
texans-mario williams
titans-vince young
jacksonville-garrad

san diego-LT
oakland-jamarcus russell
broncos-jay cutler
kansas city-glenn dorsey

pittsburgh-big ben
cincinnati-carson palmer
cleveland-brady quinn
baltimore-ray lewis

bears-brian urlacher
detroit-calvin johnson
green bay-aaron rodgers
minnesota-adrian peterson

carolina-jake delhomme
atlanta-matt ryan
tampa bay-jeff garcia
new orleans-drew brees/reggie bush

seattle-matt haselbeck
san francisco-alex smith(not for long)
arizona-matt leinart
st. louis-steven jackson

giants-eli manning
dallas-tony romo
washington-jason cambell
philly-donavon mcnabb

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Matt Barkley will be the best QB to be selected in the Top 5 since Peyton Manning.
Rjspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know why so many people keep saying LJ or Herm Edwards for the Chiefs when many Chiefs fans would say its Gonzo by a mile.
Old 05-26-2008, 06:25 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldnt call rodgers the face just yet. In a way, its still Favre, he's usually the first thing that comes to mind. I think you could argue that Al and Charles could be the faces.

Old 05-26-2008, 06:27 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
I don't know why so many people keep saying LJ or Herm Edwards for the Chiefs when many Chiefs fans would say its Gonzo by a mile.
I think Larry Johnson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjspartan View Post
jacksonville-garrad
kansas city-glenn dorsey
cleveland-brady quinn
green bay-aaron rodgers
carolina-jake delhomme
washington-jason cambell
I don't agree with those at all. Especially Washington, Carolina, well all of them. I think you gave way too much credit to QBs.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
I think Larry Johnson.
The funny thing is alot of Chiefs fans don't even like LJ I'm not one of them but many can't stand him.
Old 05-26-2008, 06:33 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

I think KC is Gonzo, pretty easy decision there.
LJ isnt well liked because he got that big contract and then got hurt.
Croyle is still unproven.
Bowe is young.
Lots of good defensive players that dont really stick out.

Old 05-26-2008, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
LJ isnt well liked because he got that big contract and then got hurt.
Some didn't even like LJ before the deal he is to hip hop for the average Chiefs fan.

He says what he thinks and doesn't care if you like it or not rubs some the wrong way.

I for one feel what he says is right most of the time some times the truth hurts.
Old 05-26-2008, 06:41 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Well, he's a damn good runningback when he's healthy. Now yall have a good backup in Charles and Smith got some starting experience as i recall.

Old 05-26-2008, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Well, he's a damn good runningback when he's healthy. Now yall have a good backup in Charles and Smith got some starting experience as i recall.
Yep we are deep at RB on paper Smith did a nice job last year with not much of an OL helping him and our OC is all ready talking about making plays just for Charles.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AFC East:
Patriots: Tom Brady
Bills: Marshawn Lynch
Jets: Kerry Rhodes
Dolphins: Bill Parcells

AFC North:
Steelers: Ben Roethlisberger
Ravens: Ray Lewis
Browns: Derek Anderson
Bengals: Carson Palmer

AFC South:
Colts: Peyton Manning
Jaguars: Fred Taylor
Titans: Vince Young
Texans: Mario Williams

AFC West:
Chargers: LT
Chiefs: Tony Gonzalez
Broncos: Champ Bailey
Raiders: JaMarcus Russell

NFC East:
Giants: Eli Manning
Eagles: Donovan McNabb
Redskins: Clinton Portis
Cowboys: Tony Romo

NFC North:
Packers: Al Harris?
Bears: Brian Urlacher
Lions: Roy Williams
Vikings: Adrian Peterson

NFC West:
Seahawks: Matt Hasselbeck
49ers: Patrick Willis
Cardinals: Larry Fitzgerald
Rams: Steven Jackson

NFC South:
Panthers: Steve Smith
Saints: Reggie Bush
Buccaneers: Derrick Brooks
Falcons: Matt Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Eagles own the NFC East
Veteran

Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.

Patriots- Tom Brady
Jets- Eric Mangini
Dolphins- Jason Taylor (until he gets traded/cut then Parcells)
Bills- Marshawn Lynch

Colts- Peyton Manning
Titans- Vince Young
Jaguars- Fred Taylor
Texans- Andre Johnson

Ravens- Ray Lewis
Steelers- Big Ben
Browns- Braylon Edwards
Bengals- Carson Palmer

Broncos- Mike Shanahan
Chargers- LT
Chiefs- Tony Gonzalez

Eagles- Donovan McNabb
Giants- Michael Strahan (if he retires then the overated QB)
Redskins- Clinton Portis
Cowgirls- Tony Romo

Bears- Brian Urlacher
Vikings- AD
Lions- WR's
Packers- Still Brett Farve (haha uhhhh.. Donald Driver I guess really young team)

Saints- Drew Brees
Falcons- Matt Ryan
Panthers- Steve Smith
Bucs- Derrick Brooks

Rams- Torry Holt
49ers- Frank Gore
Seahawks- Matt Hasselback
Cardinals- Anquan Boldin
Old 05-26-2008, 09:24 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bubba Gonzalez is the face of the NAFL.
Old 05-27-2008, 12:29 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
Really?

The Face of a Franchise isn't your best player. The Face of a Franchise is who the general public would think of when a team is brought up. How many people know who Kerry Rhodes is? Not to many. The face of the Jets franchise might already be Vernon Gholston.

For example, Brian Westbrook is the Eagles best player but when you think of the Eagles you almost automatically think of Donovan McNabb.
I get that...but most hardcore Jet fans are seeing this team transition from the Parcells built, Herm ruined team to the one that Mangini builds. Rhodes and Jerricho Cotchery mean alot to Jets fans because both were drafted by the previous regime, were always talented but limited in some way by Herm, and broke out under the new HC.

Plus, he's probably the Jets most liked by the media.

Looking at it your way...it's Mangini by a landslide.
SenorGato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 08:50 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our face will be Michael Strahan until he retires, then itll be manning

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 09:51 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sadly, Matt Millen is the face of the Lions organization.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:35 AM    (permalink
evans555

NE-Brady
Buffalo-Lynch
Jets-Gholston
Dolphins-Brown

Colts-Manning
Jax-Taylor
Texans-Williams
Tenn-Young

Steelers- Rothlesburger
Bengals-Johnson
Browns-Anderson- although to the casual fan it may be Brady Quinn (toughest team to think of)
Ravens- Lewis

Chargers-Tomlinson
KC- Herm Edwards
Denver-Cutler
Oakland-Al davis

Eagles- McNabb
Giants- Manning
Cowboys- Romo (or jerry jones)
Redskins-Portis

Seahawks- Holmgren
Rams- Bulger
Cards- Leinhart
SF- Smith

Bucs- Gruden
Saints- Brees
Carolina- Delhomme
ATL- Blank

Bears- Grossman
GB- Driver
Lions- Williams
Minn- AP
Old 05-27-2008, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagles own the NFC East View Post
Patriots- Tom Brady
Jets- Eric Mangini
Dolphins- Jason Taylor (until he gets traded/cut then Parcells)
Bills- Marshawn Lynch

Colts- Peyton Manning
Titans- Vince Young
Jaguars- Fred Taylor
Texans- Andre Johnson

Ravens- Ray Lewis
Steelers- Big Ben
Browns- Braylon Edwards
Bengals- Carson Palmer

Broncos- Mike Shanahan
Chargers- LT
Chiefs- Tony Gonzalez

Eagles- Donovan McNabb
Giants- Michael Strahan (if he retires then the overated QB)
Redskins- Clinton Portis
Cowgirls- Tony Romo

Bears- Brian Urlacher
Vikings- AD
Lions- WR's
Packers- Still Brett Farve (haha uhhhh.. Donald Driver I guess really young team)

Saints- Drew Brees
Falcons- Matt Ryan
Panthers- Steve Smith
Bucs- Derrick Brooks

Rams- Torry Holt
49ers- Frank Gore
Seahawks- Matt Hasselback
Cardinals- Anquan Boldin
You left out the Raiiiiiiders.
Old 05-27-2008, 12:27 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Quinn is the face of our franchise at all really, at least not yet. Not in Ohio or for Browns fans anyways, maybe in another state or for a fan of another team I don't know. Definitely Braylon IMO. Anderson is kinda low key and not a guy who basks in the spotlight like KII or Edwards. He and Joe Thomas keep lower profiles.
Old 05-27-2008, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How does Edwards bask in the spotlight?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 03:49 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eli, hands down.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 09:49 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
How does Edwards bask in the spotlight?
http://www.braylonedwards.com/

Alot of work in the community...good with the media...generally a classy guy...first pick of the Crennel regime...

Last edited by SenorGato : 05-27-2008 at 09:53 PM.
SenorGato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 02:45 AM    (permalink
Captain Fear
Rookie

Captain Fear hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Jags = Henderson

When I think of the Jags I think defense...Henderson is the first face that comes to mind.
Captain Fear is offline   Reply With Quote